Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Sep 6, 2015 12:26 AM

Jun 2015
Rory saves the day.
And Shino is really smart for making use of the TV cameras to force other forces to withdraw.
Happy that they made it back safely to the Special Region.
Hopefully LeiLei doesnt get corrupted by the Internet after buying a laptop xD
And I liked Itami's ex-wife as a char. She really understands him well.
Looking forward to next ep!

Sep 6, 2015 1:19 AM

May 2015
DarklordVor said:

Dat leg... Kimihito approves.

Even I would awoken a leg fetish just by seeing this gif...

Kimihito, Monster Girls, and me approve those legs. LOL
Sep 6, 2015 1:36 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
I'll be damned if Lelei capable of using that laptop perfectly, she has never touched computer or something like that before.
Itami's ex-wife is actually cute, alas perhaps this would be her last appearance.

About Rory, she really can't die? She can single-handedly destroy entire soldiers in her world if she wants, I mean, even bullets can't harm her. She is an immortal one-man army

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Sep 6, 2015 1:54 AM
Mar 2013

See also "https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wako_(retailer)"
htsujiSep 6, 2015 2:02 AM
Sep 6, 2015 2:20 AM

Feb 2014
Rory was such a BOSS in this episode. Her skills pretty much confused the three enemy teams into shooting at each other, in which was much more bloody than previous fights earlier in the series. Rory only took two bullet hits that didn't faze her whatsoever.

And before that, she wasn't happy with Itami's phone interrupting her flirting with him. Even after the inn fiasco, she gave him the cold shoulder with her angry, yet cute pose in the van. =3

The rest of the episode was still good too. Even the crowd appreciated Rory's epicness. ^_^
Sep 6, 2015 2:21 AM
Mar 2013
walldotfm said:
Hopefully LeiLei doesn't get corrupted by the Internet after buying a laptop xD

I'm rather worrying about the possibility that the princess and the knight happen to see that kind of art when LeiLei using the laptop.
Sep 6, 2015 3:10 AM

May 2013
Meta_Yoshi said:
Rory only took two bullet hits that didn't faze her whatsoever.

I think she took way more than two bullets, remember she was regenerating even as she was fighting so when everything was said and done we got a glimpse of the last two bullets coming out.

RayAdha said:
About Rory, she really can't die? She can single-handedly destroy entire soldiers in her world if she wants, I mean, even bullets can't harm her. She is an immortal one-man army

If she is not careful she could be crucified or even impaled (either with magic or sleep poison) to prevent her taking any further action,
Sep 6, 2015 3:23 AM

May 2013
DarkingDawning said:
DarklordVor said:

Dat leg... Kimihito approves.

Even I would awoken a leg fetish just by seeing this gif...

Kimihito, Monster Girls, and me approve those legs. LOL

Perv.
Sep 6, 2015 4:23 AM

Feb 2008
OP Goth loli priestess... The intelligence operatives were rather shocked indeed by the appearance of their foreign counterparts, not to mention the presence of a certain demigod.

Komakado was entertaining as well.
Sep 6, 2015 4:34 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The comedy in this episode was really good. :D

Also Rory going ham on everyone was crazy, loved those scenes.

Nice farewell from the people to our group :)
Sep 6, 2015 4:41 AM

Dec 2012
Fucking Phone
Sep 6, 2015 5:25 AM

Oct 2014
The Muricans being the bad guys for once xD
And now to return to the best part of the series, the Special world.
Sep 6, 2015 6:38 AM

Jun 2013
damn Rory was a badass boo yeah fuck politics wtf madhouse is that how you spell police -_-
[spoiler]
Sep 6, 2015 7:46 AM

Apr 2013
pretty good episode

i think they could have done a bit more with the girls encountering what for us are completely normal things

back in th special region
Sep 6, 2015 7:58 AM
Feb 2009
mangamuscle said:
If she is not careful she could be crucified or even impaled (either with magic or sleep poison) to prevent her taking any further action,

In the manga they mention that the worst thing that can happen to a Demigod is for them to be captured, because then they can be effectively tortured for eternity...
Sep 6, 2015 9:11 AM
Jul 2013
Lyesoap said:
I still cannot stand Rory. She's probably one of my least favourite characters of this season. She was more tolerable in the manga because her voice actor does such a good job at portraying Rory's personality.

Rory seems like such a "Mary Sue" and author's pet from my perspective. She gets a lot of attention and is liked by everyone despite being a remorseless mass murdering nymphomaniac. I find it baffling that Itami can like a psychopath for her personality. Overall, to me she just seems like a teenager's "Oh wouldn't it be awesome if" cobbled together super character.

Perhaps it's just me, but I can't get behind any character that giggles happily while killing or torturing.

Otherwise, I really like the show and manga and consider it to be one of my favourites of this season. I look forward to seeing some of the upcoming scenes animated.

I really like Rory, but I still don't really understand her motives.

She's the demigoddess of death, war, ect. But she still shows respect to people being killed by the Empire?

And her interest in Itami is also kind of confusing. After 900 years she's never once found someone? Or is it because he's just the protagonist?
Sep 6, 2015 9:49 AM

May 2013
Sulfurian said:
Lyesoap said:
I still cannot stand Rory. She's probably one of my least favourite characters of this season. She was more tolerable in the manga because her voice actor does such a good job at portraying Rory's personality.

Rory seems like such a "Mary Sue" and author's pet from my perspective. She gets a lot of attention and is liked by everyone despite being a remorseless mass murdering nymphomaniac. I find it baffling that Itami can like a psychopath for her personality. Overall, to me she just seems like a teenager's "Oh wouldn't it be awesome if" cobbled together super character.

Perhaps it's just me, but I can't get behind any character that giggles happily while killing or torturing.

Otherwise, I really like the show and manga and consider it to be one of my favourites of this season. I look forward to seeing some of the upcoming scenes animated.

She's the demigoddess of death, war, ect. But she still shows respect to people being killed by the Empire?

And her interest in Itami is also kind of confusing. After 900 years she's never once found someone? Or is it because he's just the protagonist?

Yeah, pretty much. This is haremshit, after all.
Sep 6, 2015 10:02 AM

Jul 2008
Agreed. It's a harem where only two girls really has interest in him. The other sees him as a father figure, another sees him as a "wise man".

Then there's another who's only interested in his reputation. Don't forget another that's more focused on other males actually, seeing him merely as a "necessary element" in her plans, the other males being her father and her siblings. Oh and that other girl who really sees him (and others like him to be honest) as just means to an end.

F**kin' hell this is hardly a harem, Overlord has a stronger case for that at least, but definitely not in Gate.
Sep 6, 2015 10:09 AM

May 2013
Sulfurian said:

You also show respect for your food before eating it and you should be respectful of farms (even if have never eaten from that specific farm).

Think about it for a second, Rory lives in a roman empire style patriarchial society, where the man is supposed to be above his lovers. Rory is obviously stronger her tiny frame would imply and can ignore the most brutal of domestic violence while reciprocating worst, do you really think she would have any suitors in that kind of society? if any they would probably be religious zealots that must be quite boring for Rory after a few months. ATM Itami is exotic (in Rory's eyes) and available.
mangamuscleSep 6, 2015 10:38 AM
Sep 6, 2015 10:10 AM

Dec 2011
Gosh. I love Rory. Massacres everybody. :D

I wish we get an OVA episode of the 3 girls having more fun in Japan. Really like seeing them do the cute things.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 6, 2015 12:20 PM
Jun 2015
Sulfurian said:
Lyesoap said:

Well Rory's interests prolly are bang bang kill kill.

She must have prolly ***ed more people than what her age in years is.(900^^)

The guy is a fighter from another world and weird looking she prolly wanna see how good in bed he is as well.
Sep 6, 2015 12:30 PM

Jun 2014
enjoying this series less and less.
but thank you for sparing us from engrish voice acting.
Sep 6, 2015 1:25 PM
Nov 2012
Sulfurian said:

She's the demigoddess of death, war, etc. But she still shows respect to people being killed by the Empire?

Some of her motives are religious. There's a bit more explanation in the manga, when we first meet Rory. To her, it's important to kill honorably and die well. She's angry with the bandits because they're dishonorable soldiers. Remember her quizzing Itami at Italica on why he fights? Motive matters to her. Making moral judgements is her job. Most ordinary people are terrified of her. Itami, Lelei, and Tuka are not, but they're all killers. Itami can and has killed. Lelei is a combat mage; at Alnus, she heads for the battlefield to check it out, at Italica, she gets closer to the action to get a good look, and at the hot springs, she makes someone unconscious with no effort. Tuka can take out an enemy with a bow and arrow without showing any stress over it.

Pina, talking Rory over with Bozes, says that Emroy's religion is mostly justification for what their people want to do. Bozes, a little shocked, says she won't tell anyone Pina said that. It's considered blasphemy. Pina, growing up in the Imperial court, is a cynic.

Rory's probably found and outlived a hundred lovers. It's hard for an immortal to love ephemerals.
oldskoolpunkSep 6, 2015 2:30 PM
Sep 6, 2015 1:39 PM

Nov 2013
Holy moly, this show has so much potential for story. I can see this going on forever; different worlds, different characters... there's even a dark elf in the preview!

Damn... Rory got gothic lolita stockings as a present for herself from Tokyo, and Lelei got a laptop! That is hilarious, I can totally see her being someone who would spend hours on a computer, even if she is a mage haha.
Sep 6, 2015 2:29 PM
Nov 2012
HandsomeMan said:
Holy moly, this show has so much potential for story. I can see this going on forever; different worlds, different characters... there's even a dark elf in the preview!
Damn... Rory got gothic lolita stockings as a present for herself from Tokyo, and Lelei got a laptop!haha.

Tuka got a modern tactical bow, and she used it during the hot springs battle.
Sep 6, 2015 2:53 PM

Apr 2012
Oh please Rory, if your libido was as strung up as you were making it sound, Itami's cell ringing would not have deterred you.

I'm still kind of confused, is Luna just in denial, or legitimately delusional? She entered that room as if she not just expected her dad to be there, but reacted as if she was convinced he'd never NOT been there. I know she was always getting food portions for her dad when she first arrived, but I thought that was her holding out hope he'd show up eventually, not her making delusional conversations with him.
Sep 6, 2015 2:56 PM

Nov 2013
oldskoolpunk said:
HandsomeMan said:
Damn... Rory got gothic lolita stockings as a present for herself from Tokyo, and Lelei got a laptop!haha.

Really?? Damn, just when I thought they had to bring the cliche of elves fighting with bows, but she brought the cliche onto herself by choosing a bow out of all things... Should have gotten herself a sniper rifle, but I guess she is more of a traditional elf girl. :^)
Sep 6, 2015 2:59 PM

Nov 2013
FateHero said:
Oh please Rory, if your libido was as strung up as you were making it sound, Itami's cell ringing would not have deterred you.

I'm still kind of confused, is Luna just in denial, or legitimately delusional? She entered that room as if she not just expected her dad to be there, but reacted as if she was convinced he'd never NOT been there. I know she was always getting food portions for her dad when she first arrived, but I thought that was her holding out hope he'd show up eventually, not her making delusional conversations with him.

Isn't she over 900 years old? Living with someone under the same roof for over 900 years will make you pretty attached whichever way you look at it...
Sep 6, 2015 3:06 PM

Jul 2011
HandsomeMan said:
oldskoolpunk said:

Really?? Damn, just when I thought they had to bring the cliche of elves fighting with bows, but she brought the cliche onto herself by choosing a bow out of all things... Should have gotten herself a sniper rifle, but I guess she is more of a traditional elf girl. :^)

who knows, if they were in america maybe, but that's japan, you wouldn't be able to find a sniper rifle that easily even if you were in the army.
Sep 6, 2015 3:31 PM

Jan 2014
Considering how pissed she remained afterwards, I think we can conclude that Rory was not just horny XD

walldotfm said:

And I liked Itami's ex-wife as a char. She really understands him well.
Looking forward to next ep!

They're the most obvious pairing, but the one I like the least. Though I also very much like Risa as a character, she and Itami seem like best friends that should have just stayed best friends and never proceeded beyond that.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Sep 6, 2015 3:45 PM

May 2013
kataklism said:
who knows, if they were in america maybe, but that's japan, you wouldn't be able to find a sniper rifle that easily even if you were in the army.

Let's not forget that Tuka probably knows how to make arrows herself (or at the very least, where to buy them), meanwhile, in the other side of the gate you will be hard pressed to get gun ammunitions (heck, even in Japan even if you are acquainted with top level Yakuza), so even if Tuka had taken the sniper rifle from one of the usa, china or russia dead operatives, it would be quite worthless in her day to day life.

I hope magician girl also got some solar cells to charge her laptop when traveling outside of refuge camp.
mangamuscleSep 6, 2015 6:30 PM
Sep 6, 2015 6:03 PM

Nov 2014
Well, that's one way to spell police, I guess.
Can't wait for next week!
Sep 6, 2015 6:25 PM

Mar 2015
HandsomeMan said:
FateHero said:

Isn't she over 900 years old? Living with someone under the same roof for over 900 years will make you pretty attached whichever way you look at it...

It's Rory who is over 900 years old, while Tuka is around 165 years old. But yeah.. she's probably very attached to her father that she won't believe the reality about her father.

Sep 6, 2015 6:43 PM

Jul 2008
Sep 7, 2015 3:34 AM

May 2011
FateHero said:

i agree, but she also probably knew that the hounds were at the door and there would be no time for hanky-panky.

As for Tuka's invisible father issues, just keep watching; it will be addressed soon.
Sep 7, 2015 6:14 AM

Dec 2011
Eh, the anime cut short where Itami found out that Rory's body can regenerated, imho the manga did better in this scene because you can see how Itami really cares about Rory by getting angry at her. In the anime he just >:( without saying anything lol
Sep 7, 2015 7:23 AM

May 2011
amc9988 said:
Eh, the anime cut short where Itami found out that Rory's body can regenerated, imho the manga did better in this scene because you can see how Itami really cares about Rory by getting angry at her. In the anime he just >:( without saying anything lol

Apples and oranges kind of thing, sadly. Anime always toned down source material to not push already vague decency laws.

CirrisSep 7, 2015 7:31 AM
Sep 7, 2015 7:38 AM
Jul 2018
That was probably the coolest fight yet and finally they don’t tone down the blood in it, the difference between the bloody fights and the non-bloody is clear as day imo. The intensity is on a whole different level. The tactic they used to get them there and Leilei’s teacher’s reaction to the laptop were also pretty amusing to see. A dark elf in the preview? Interesting!

SchwingBoner said:
[center]

Sep 7, 2015 11:06 AM
Nov 2012
FateHero said:

It's delusion. She's an ageless elf. She's unable to deal with the death of her father. Her kind of elf is rare, and there aren't any others of her kind nearby. The JSDF women are worried about her, but nobody knows quite what to do.
Sep 7, 2015 8:24 PM

Sep 2014
Well this was clusterfuck of an episode lol, good stuff nonetheless. Rory best grill even now so jawohl!
Sep 7, 2015 10:53 PM

Mar 2012
Glad they're back. Finding the America, China and Russia axis of evil silly so hope we don't see any more of that for now.

As for things happening on the other side of the gate, I'm most certain the douchebag of a King is going to screw things up somehow.
Sep 7, 2015 11:17 PM

Dec 2014
Damn phone.

Hmm, the preview has me curious.
Sep 8, 2015 9:15 AM

Sep 2015
MY GOODNESS. I mean that phone call interfered with the scene at the first part -_- ;O. -Sigh- Really? Wonder what rory would do actually...
Sep 8, 2015 8:54 PM

Nov 2014
too bad they left out that cute scene with the exwife (my waifu)... but it's not the last time i'll be seeing her...

4/5

anyhow i wonder how will they adapt that [spoiler] legit rape? H/Torture scene with the captured japanese by the emperor's son?
Sep 9, 2015 4:03 AM

Nov 2014
MaxXZoe said:
anyhow i wonder how will they adapt that

While I don't really mind censoring and any of the sort, it's best not to keep your hopes up. They couldn't even do the shower scene with Rory and Youji even though it was portrayed as serious and not fanservice-y.
Sep 9, 2015 11:57 AM

Dec 2012
Rory is perfect, I love her combat style.
Sep 9, 2015 4:42 PM

Oct 2011
Cellphone Why!!!!

Rory and the others have fans

Dark Elf
Sep 10, 2015 4:44 PM
Oct 2012
Stark700 said:
Sigh, they did omit the more violent parts from the manga but whatever.

The only thing I missed was the look of rapture on her face in the manga after she killed everyone and Itami telling her to "stop enjoying the moment". They should have kept that.

But fun episode, they are keeping a very quick pace.
Sep 10, 2015 11:09 PM

May 2012
nice cliche phone ringing... lol i swear this show would be literally unwatchable if not for "rory-sama" lol
Sep 11, 2015 4:50 PM

Jul 2009
Rory rocking!
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2015

207 by GooseHybrid »»
Apr 25, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2015

291 by Shadized »»
Apr 14, 10:24 AM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2015

283 by Myetx »»
Mar 30, 1:27 AM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2015

188 by Strahan »»
Mar 24, 6:37 PM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2015

436 by Rohanr »»
Mar 5, 8:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.