Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 3, 2015 2:25 AM

Jun 2010
Pretty sure Luffy will refuse but it would be so fucking badass if he accepted and would make one hell of a chapter 800. Surprisingly fitting army for Luffy though tbh if he were to accept, dwarves, giants, and probably a member of North, South, East, West Blue.

EDIT:Also no OP next week? why you do this to us God Oda?
tittycakesSep 3, 2015 2:28 AM
Sep 3, 2015 2:29 AM

Aug 2014
Good thing that Sabo made a vivre card for Luffy. The divisions could need that.
Sep 3, 2015 2:31 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Incredible.... With an alliance as big as this, there's gonna be a Straw Hat Fleet! It's a big army behind Luffy's back to fight with him against the force of a Yonkou! I love how each of these captains have pledged their alliance to Luffy. I like this development, but what worries me is Luffy's reactions from the last pages of this chapter. Either he's not convinced, or he's confused at the proclamation of these guys. His face looks like he's going to say "I don't wanna" but I sure hope I'm completely wrong about this because from the way these guys were reintroduced as Luffy's allies, I hope Luffy isn't going to reject all of them.

If Luffy does accept them as his allies, then it's going to be an epic 800th chapter! :D I wonder how would Sanji's group react to all of this as they have absolutely no idea how everything wrapped up in Dressrosa. xD They could be in a big shock! Especially Nami, Brook, and Chopper who never even stepped foot on Dressrosa because they were guarding the Sunny. :P
Sep 3, 2015 2:56 AM
Sep 2015
That was some epic ending )) worth for 2 week waiting ) i think luffy will accept this offer ))
Sep 3, 2015 2:59 AM

Jun 2014
Spider-titan55 said:
thebrentinator24 said:
Wow, so Fujitora blinded himself. He obviously regrets it, seen when he said he wanted to see what Luffy's face looked like.

But holy crap, 5600 members?! Luffy better accept, he could be like the next Whitebeard and have a whole bunch of different divisions that answer to him when he needs assistance. No chapter next week, which sucks, but Oda needs his rest.

Didn't she die when Punk Hazard blew up?

i don't believe so. also characters can survive explosions even ones outside of manga. infact punk hazard wasn't even destroyed either.

I personally believe she's dead, but let's face it, I'm sure no one thought Pell from Alabasta would survive an explosion WHILE CARRYING THE FUCKING BOMB into the air. So if Monet is somehow still alive, I wouldn't be surprised.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 3, 2015 3:11 AM

Feb 2014
I really was expeting this to happen!! But i don't know if Luffy is gonna accept it, i hope he does, that way it will be easier to defeat stronger opponents, also i'm sure he's gonna have the help from Whitebeards old crew members ..

Sep 3, 2015 3:32 AM
Mar 2014
Just when I thought One Piece couldn't get any better...

5,600/5
Sep 3, 2015 3:36 AM
Sep 2015
but they will have to part ways and meet later on until they decided to confront a yonko.. otherwise, there will be too many characters for the wano arc..

btw, where is trafal-guy??
Sep 3, 2015 3:44 AM
Sep 2015
thebrentinator24 said:

I personally believe she's dead, but let's face it, I'm sure no one thought Pell from Alabasta would survive an explosion WHILE CARRYING THE FUCKING BOMB into the air. So if Monet is somehow still alive, I wouldn't be surprised.

i think ceasar stabbed monet's heart thinking it was law's..
Sep 3, 2015 3:51 AM

Mar 2012
Luffy please accept, I would hate the fact of having a 10-member pirate crew conquering the Grand Line. This is the fucking New World, you gotta make as much connections as possible.

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Sep 3, 2015 3:52 AM

Jul 2015
Wow this is Luffy's first step to becoming Pirate King!!! And next week is chapter 800 Oda has come far, wonder what color pages he would have.
Sep 3, 2015 4:03 AM

Mar 2012
Kinda wondering how did Roger deal with his crew as well ?

It would be pretty bad if they pillage under Luffy's name, unless he imposes strict terms when they trade Sakazuki cups but I still can't envision the "real pirates (robbery, violence and stuff)" and the "Mugiwara (getting friends and helping everywhere)" dealing together.
Sep 3, 2015 4:03 AM

Jul 2013
If Akainu was there, he wouldn't hesitate to kill the citizens in order to reach the pirates. That's one scary thought....

5600 people = 5600 stories. Prepare for a lot of flashbacks! Actually, I wouldn't mind learning more about some of them, like the Giants, Bartolomeo and Cavendish
Sep 3, 2015 4:07 AM

Aug 2010
Just imagining Luffy meet the remaining SHs telling them "Yo I've got 5600 new nakama" makes me LMAO

And goddamn that's one heck of a gigantic ship. Makes aa giant looking that small O_o
Sep 3, 2015 4:11 AM

Nov 2012
OMG can't wait for chapter 800!
Classic "we'll be on break next week".

Cannot wait!!!

I feel like it's 50/50 that Luffy will either agree or not agree.
Sep 3, 2015 4:11 AM

Nov 2011
To be honest though, I am not surprised that Luffy end up with an army with many ally under him. Also, a good possibility even the old whitebeard pirates will ally with him eventually though not necessarily under him, as he is someone that pops approved

Seriously if you think about it though, many old allies of whitebeard will most likely jump onto his bandwagon once he is powerful enough to compete with a yonku. He basically already got his army at Marineford
"His (Lancer's from fate zero) end is also very anticlimactic. I mean as soon as he gets betrayed, he kills himself, and yeah." ---- Rorico's Hipster Gang
Sep 3, 2015 4:21 AM
Oct 2014
heh btw anyone knows how big it the Kaido the Beast group?
And yeha knowing Luffy - he would decline, but I do think he will not mind it this time, cause all Yonkos have a lot of subordinates.
Sep 3, 2015 4:28 AM

Mar 2012
It does feel like Luffy will reject them, but I don't think that will stop them from allying themselves with the Straw Hats. I can see him declining or saying "do what you want" without imposing anything on them.

I definitely can see Robin and Law talking some sense into him, and discussing what they should do about this.

They probably be an "unofficial" crew, with still the originals as the core.

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Sep 3, 2015 4:30 AM
Sep 2015
Luffy hasn't been in the New World for a month and is about to become a Yonkou and well on the way to Pirate King.

The character development and highlighting these characters through this arc makes sense now.
Sep 3, 2015 4:38 AM

Oct 2009
I am not sure Luffy would accept if it were actual crew members on his pirate ship, but what he's getting here is a fleet of pirates under his wing. I think he'll accept because it really fits the 'I am gonna be the next pirate king' thing.
Sep 3, 2015 4:44 AM

Mar 2012
But Luffy views the title "Pirate King" as being the freest pirate in the seas. I don't think he wants to rule over anything.

Sep 3, 2015 4:49 AM
Dec 2012
I expect Luffy rejects at first and told them to do whatever they want and they still follow him
Sep 3, 2015 5:04 AM
Oct 2013
It looks like the birth of a new Whitebeard. This is a necessary development if the Strawhats want to get toe to toe with remaining Yonkos.
Sep 3, 2015 5:05 AM

Nov 2013
Spider-titan55 said:
monet is gonna show up

Sep 3, 2015 5:12 AM

Mar 2013
So orlumbus is the captain of the yonta maria , ironically christopher columbus had a ship called the santa maria.

I dont know what luffy's decision will be here but given what hes going up against maybe he'll be smart and actually accept them. Im actually kinda surprised they all decided to work under luffy though (with the exception of bartolomeo) I mean yea the strawhats saved them and all but but don't they have their own thing going on?
Sep 3, 2015 5:15 AM

Oct 2012
I'm also pretty sure Luffy will refuse, but it'd be more than awesome to see him accepting :D
Sep 3, 2015 5:31 AM

Jun 2013
Spider-titan55 said:
thebrentinator24 said:
Wow, so Fujitora blinded himself. He obviously regrets it, seen when he said he wanted to see what Luffy's face looked like.

But holy crap, 5600 members?! Luffy better accept, he could be like the next Whitebeard and have a whole bunch of different divisions that answer to him when he needs assistance. No chapter next week, which sucks, but Oda needs his rest.

i don't believe so. also characters can survive explosions even ones outside of manga. infact punk hazard wasn't even destroyed either.

You are forgetting that Caesar Stabbed her Heart
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Sep 3, 2015 5:34 AM

Nov 2013
Luffy will refuse obviously. There are some reasons for such a decision.

1) Luffy wants to remain the freest man on the ocean. That's the most important.
2) Luffy doesn't like it went people try to force him to do something. He prefers to go the other way.
3) A story has to focus on the main characters. If there are too many all the time it looses its focus.

ps : where is Bellamy?
Sep 3, 2015 5:51 AM
Dec 2013
Jarjaxle said:
Spider-titan55 said:

You are forgetting that Caesar Stabbed her Heart

well if we actually take a look at the other characters from dressrosa and punk hazard like the marines, the guys who work for caesar clown, brownbeard, kine'mon, the citizens of dressrosa and the doffy family do you really think monet is dead and gone considering that she is likely the only character in punk hazard to be determined gone or alive?
Sep 3, 2015 5:53 AM

Dec 2012
I sorta teared up during Fujitora's scene with his eyes, it was pretty cool how he wanted to see Luffy.

Lol'ed at everyone who wanted to join the crew.
Obviously Luffy will refuse. It's just hilarious how the fandom guesses who the 10th member is and this happens.
Pretty sure Oda did this on purpose.
Sep 3, 2015 6:11 AM

Sep 2014
so the people of dressrosa know that luffy did not kidnapped rebecca ...i was so pissed at them for thinking that lol
i want luffy to say yes he has to cause he will have to fight the four emperors
its not like all those characters will be in every arcs...its safe to assume they will communicate with den den mushi ! and they will only come when luffy call them ...
*people die when they are killed* - emiya shirou.......
Sep 3, 2015 6:22 AM
Sep 2015
OMG. Strawhat pirates is gonna be unstoppable. Luffy and his crew has many friends/acquaintances who might support them in the upcoming "GREAT WAR" (dont know when). Especially Luffy's father and Boa Hancock. SH pirate crew has also saved and befriended many kingdoms and pirates. And now the pirates themselves presented themselves to be under the wing of the STRAWHATS !! Wow !! OMG !! WOW !!
Sep 3, 2015 6:27 AM

Dec 2011
I have a feeling that Luffy would refuse since he doesn't like to be forced to do something... (like when he was going to be heralded as a hero in FI)... but then he could also accept, since he did make the FI to be in his protection, a territory.

Although, if he accepts, I feel like Luffy would just tell them that do whatever you want unless I call on to you.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 3, 2015 6:57 AM

Mar 2014
Patronizing blows .
Anchors away from the sides .
Subordination .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 3, 2015 7:24 AM

Jan 2014
So, no chapter on next week... again
Sep 3, 2015 7:36 AM
Sep 2015
Its Oda. Almost all of us think he will refuse. Did u forget that luffy accept law alliance without hesitate.

Its "under" his fleet. Not inside strawhat crews.

Sure he will accept it
Sep 3, 2015 7:37 AM

Aug 2013
I fucking knew it.

I said it over and over again whenever someone said about Barto joining the Strahawts as member that it wouldn't happen and the only chance of him having a connection to Luffy is by an alliance. I didn't on the other hand believed that everybody else wanted an alliance with Luffy.

The Big Daddy Boss is coming for Momma!
-Feitanx-Sep 3, 2015 11:44 PM
Sep 3, 2015 8:12 AM

Mar 2014
Luffy, it better not take another massive asswhooping for you to accept this epicness.
On a side note, I think Law wouldn't mind being second seat in authority of this crew, since Luffy helped him reach his lifelong goal...

PLEASE LUFFY, ACCEPT. THIS IS SO COOL
Sep 3, 2015 8:33 AM
Jun 2015
thebrentinator24 said:
Spider-titan55 said:

Monet died because her heart stabbed by caesar since he thought it was smoker's heart
Sep 3, 2015 9:08 AM

May 2015
Isterio said:
thebrentinator24 said:

Why are people pissing their pants over those numbers when this happened?

http://i5.mangareader.net/one-piece/634/one-piece-2528637.jpg

Well, the assumption is that they are actually strong. Or at least the captains/named people, anyhow. It's still a really really big deal.

lol it'd be pretty ridiculous if he turned them down after that introduction, and before chapter 800? It'll make this huge chapter pretty much pointless. It's seems obvious, now, that's why were introduced to so many characters this arc. Granted he might not say "yes" though as much as "do what you want", but his answer regardless they are probably still going to be in allegiance with him.
ashfrliebertSep 3, 2015 9:12 AM
ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ
Sep 3, 2015 9:11 AM
Sep 2015
Correct me if I´m wrong, but isn´t the Dressrosa arc a part of the Pirate Alliance saga ? The name explains everything.

For me Luffy will refuse, but they´re gonna follow him anyway and they don´t need to be with him.
Sep 3, 2015 9:23 AM

Jan 2011
this chapter was awesome 7 representatives as parent i think luffy will decline but usopp will accept cuz hes lies come true some ussopp will be as parent but who knows what will happend

but its possible that luffy will accept cuz blackbeard have 7 captains too and they have alot members

i cant wait 2 weeks
KsTSep 3, 2015 9:29 AM
Sep 3, 2015 9:23 AM

Jan 2014
this is pretty obvious that luffy will reject, but we'll see, maybe there's something more than that next 2 weeks.
Sep 3, 2015 9:33 AM

May 2015
It seems pretty obvious(maybe not 'that' obvious) he'd reject(it's like the perfect one-piece gag buildup), but it also seems the alliance will still happen regardless in some form or another.
edit: Not 'reject', but more like uncaringly ""accept". miswording
ashfrliebertSep 3, 2015 1:10 PM
ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ
Sep 3, 2015 9:37 AM
Sep 2014
Definitely one of the best chapters in a while.
Sep 3, 2015 9:38 AM

Mar 2015
Barion-Zara said:
Just imagining Luffy meet the remaining SHs telling them "Yo I've got 5600 new nakama" makes me LMAO

hahaha XD ye, and sanji raging at luffy again and Nami beating the crap out of him again when she sees a weird guy next to Luffy

seriously now though, i don't think he will accept them as his members and make them division commanders so he would have smth like Whitebeard Pirates their crew setup, but i think they will be his precious allies though who come when SH pirates need them, just like Whitebeard his euhm.. 50 or 54 allied crews or what was it again?

They can help the SH pirates out with the younko as either allies or crew members anyway.

So for all the last few weeks discussions about Luffy being able to beat the younko without any skip or any training and stuff, here we finally have an answer which makes sence, he has a fking alliance of over 5400 now (counting law and Luffy's crew in it too), without any strong conqueror's haki of any of the younko (if they even have it, as we already know it's a rare thing), there will surely be over 100 ppl on both sides who are still standing, which will even it out when Luffy uses his too. (exept for shanks ofc as we know he has the strongest atm, but he'll be last for luffy probably or BB could kill him or smth during that time, which i doubt though as Luffy needs to return the hat)

Good to finally see how he'll be able to handle a younko!
Sep 3, 2015 9:40 AM

Mar 2015
xYhago said:
Correct me if I´m wrong, but isn´t the Dressrosa arc a part of the Pirate Alliance saga ? The name explains everything.

For me Luffy will refuse, but they´re gonna follow him anyway and they don´t need to be with him.

ye it is still the pirate alliance saga, how did i even forget that name lol
Sep 3, 2015 9:46 AM

Apr 2013
lol if they do end up following Luffy, the next arc will be funny.

Nami, Brook, Sanji, and Chopper gonna freak out when they see all these people.

also will be interesting to see how they form the divisions.
will this group become the first division or will they be divided into multiple divisions.

If its just one big division i wonder who would become the commander.
it would be funny for Usopp to become commander. however Zoro makes more sense. The first mate should be the first one to get a division.
Sep 3, 2015 10:00 AM

Nov 2014
Fitting that Bartolomeo is the 2nd seat and a former captain. The biggest fanboy of Luffy ever.
7 divisions under Luffy with 5600 men with Law as their bro and "D" holder as well. WOW WOW WOW.
Luffy changing minds again with the thing he pulled with Issho-san, making him wish he had eyes. Luffy is such a great guy. Even though Issho was blind he did what he could to make the fight fair and square.

Makes it look like Luffy will be a future Yonko? or could be able to stand against an army of pirates built for decades.
Sep 3, 2015 10:33 AM

Dec 2013
I don't know why so many people think Luffy will turn them down. He agreed to an Alliance with Law, so I think he'll go the alliance route with this bunch rather than simply adding them to his crew.
Love and Peace!!!
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1114 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - May 1

38 by Legal1234 »»
Today, 7:43 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 772 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2014

67 by KoniginElle »»
Today, 6:24 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1102 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mei-o_Scarlett - Dec 17, 2023

88 by Legal1234 »»
Today, 4:53 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1000 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

SuperRed - Dec 26, 2020

139 by yoko-_- »»
Yesterday, 10:56 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 5 Discussion

JoquishaJoestar - Jan 19, 2010

33 by selasgamer »»
Yesterday, 2:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.