Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Sep 4, 2015 12:37 AM

Jul 2014
I think this is great the way he's getting an actually following of strong pirates now. Also, going along with his character, he would gladly accept them to the family based on how they helped him and how all of them have a characteristicly cool aspect about them (apart from cavendish i guess).

Kinda sucks that he'll probably decline though.

Sep 4, 2015 1:32 AM

Jun 2012
SleepingBear said:
As a side note it was pretty obvious that Bartolomeo wouldn't be a "core" SH member for the same reason including Perona would have been problematic: their abilities work in such a way that providing them with challenging fights in every arc would be extremely difficult narratively.
Eh, not even because I really want Perona to join but I disagree for both of them regarding their abilities. I don't really want Bartolomeo to join though, even though I think he's awesome I feel like he'd be really awkward to have around all the time.

Bartolomeo's ability is just a shield with very serious limitations on its size so it's not like he can just keep everyone alive at all times, and even in the case of say getting stuck in a situation where they just sit in his shield, it would still be nothing more than a prison for him and whoever he's protecting... and add to that it could still only protect a few people in that way.

Perona I don't really see how her ability is op in any way. Sure it can make most people negative, but it's still hardly much of a combat ability. And I'm sure Haki can counter it somehow... and if anyone sees it coming they can technically dodge her ghosts. Not to mention she can't fight up close and personal... and we don't even know the range of that ability, so I doubt she could just sit on the ship and use her ability infinitely either.

P.S. - And hey, they're about to go against a guy who's main hobby is attempting suicide... I don't think negativity will be very effective.
HalibelTheEspadaSep 4, 2015 2:19 AM
Sep 4, 2015 2:15 AM

Jun 2012
Isterio said:
It´s 100% confirmed no one will join in the near future, because honestly Oda is more predictable than people make him out to be. I´m also inclined to think that there´s a possibility that absolutely no one will join, because including Jimbei the Strawhats are 10, fitting Luffy´s comment from chapter one.

Furthermore Shanks crew consists of 9 "important" people.
Add Mihawk to that and you have 10. Luffy´s count including Jimbei.

Another yonko has also 10 people under his command guess who?

10 People for 10 Strahats to fight.
Well, technically if you were to count Stronger the horse, Blackbeard has 11. There's no guarantee that it's just a horse... it probably is of course, but it's still worth pointing out. Though, if we went by that logic Cavendish and his horse would have to join.

As far as Shanks' crew goes though... I don't see how that single panel shows that those are the only "important" ones. And besides, Rockstar isn't even there... and he's one of 2 besides Shanks himself that were even named in the manga. He's also one of the few who have actually done anything. I wouldn't count standing in place as being all that important... I mean what makes them any more important than the rest we saw in the past? We really barely know anything about his crew, so it's not really possible to judge right now.

What's more, it bothers me to no end that people take that "10 members" comment so literally. If for no other reason than the fact that people who take that comment seriously don't even know what he literally said. He never said "I'm going to need 10 people"... in fact no translation of that scene do I find that says specifically that he wants 10 people. In the online translation that I find he says "I hope I can find at least 10 people." In the volume I own, the official translation is "I think about 10 men should do.[/i]". So he never specifically said that he wants exactly 10 people... it was just the first number that came to his head that sounded reasonable.
HalibelTheEspadaSep 4, 2015 2:21 AM
Sep 4, 2015 2:43 AM
Oct 2013
HalibelTheEspada said:
Isterio said:
It´s 100% confirmed no one will join in the near future, because honestly Oda is more predictable than people make him out to be. I´m also inclined to think that there´s a possibility that absolutely no one will join, because including Jimbei the Strawhats are 10, fitting Luffy´s comment from chapter one.

Furthermore Shanks crew consists of 9 "important" people.
Add Mihawk to that and you have 10. Luffy´s count including Jimbei.

Another yonko has also 10 people under his command guess who?

10 People for 10 Strahats to fight.
Well, technically if you were to count Stronger the horse, Blackbeard has 11. There's no guarantee that it's just a horse... it probably is of course, but it's still worth pointing out. Though, if we went by that logic Cavendish and his horse would have to join.

As far as Shanks' crew goes though... I don't see how that single panel shows that those are the only "important" ones. And besides, Rockstar isn't even there... and he's one of 2 besides Shanks himself that were even named in the manga. He's also one of the few who have actually done anything. I wouldn't count standing in place as being all that important... I mean what makes them any more important than the rest we saw in the past? We really barely know anything about his crew, so it's not really possible to judge right now.

What's more, it bothers me to no end that people take that "10 members" comment so literally. If for no other reason than the fact that people who take that comment seriously don't even know what he literally said. He never said "I'm going to need 10 people"... in fact no translation of that scene do I find that says specifically that he wants 10 people. In the online translation that I find he says "I hope I can find at least 10 people." In the volume I own, the official translation is "I think about 10 men should do.[/i]". So he never specifically said that he wants exactly 10 people... it was just the first number that came to his head that sounded reasonable.

Because that at least as you pointed out so brilliantly is just another excuse to derive from that count "if necessary". It gives the author breathing room if he comes up with a good idea.
Oda just rolled with the initial one, because he apparently didn´t see a need.

10 is a good number to work with, as this arc has proven and as you pointed out Rockstar is irrelavant as fuck. He´s named but he´s a newcomer and had his own crew before Shanks assimilated him. 96million bounty when Luffy was at 100 million the guy is not core crew.

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Rockstar

He´s the Bartolomeo so to speak.

Chapter one Red hair Pirates.

Chapter 580 Red hair pirates. It´s literally only the same guys besides the Fishman guy completely to the right, no one else is visible on the picture besides those guys.

Ps: If you truly wanna argue for the horse who you argued yourself against why even bother?
IsterioSep 4, 2015 2:47 AM
Sep 4, 2015 3:51 AM

Jun 2012
^ @Isterio

Were you not one of those people who said that Oda never thought that far ahead (seriously I don't remember if you were)? You're speaking like you know the future and talking about a lot of things that are all based on "if's". You can't really claim that he decided to roll with an idea that hasn't even come to fruition first.

None of these points are even valid or conclusive... how did this arc prove anything about the number 10? Being a newcomer doesn't make him less important, nor does a 96 mil. bounty... that's far from a low bounty, especially for a newcomer. There are a lot more people in that picture than just those people... and also a lot more members shown speaking throughout the series as well as in chapter 1. And either way, none of that really makes him any less relevant than the others.

I don't see how Rockstar is anything like Bartolomeo either... unless you mean that he'd be a newcomer, and formerly had his own bounty.

The horse thing was a joke.

Point about the "at least" is still a very strong point... people speak so matter-of-factly and use that line like it's a reason why people can or can't join the crew. The line is completely irrelevant to anything at all. Oda didn't just go "Oh, fans seem to be privy to that line... I guess I'll make every big-shot crew exactly 10 people when push comes to shove."

It was a passing thought Luffy had... why would he ever decide with "Ah, I'd love to have you join us but... I punched a fish once and told myself right then that I'd only have 10 people."?
HalibelTheEspadaSep 4, 2015 3:54 AM
Sep 4, 2015 4:32 AM

Mar 2015
HalibelTheEspada said:
people don't survive their hearts being stabbed. She was dead in seconds, if that.

I'll just say it again in case you missed it lol, there actually is a chance of surviving a stabbed heart irl, how unbelievably it might sound (1/3 chance of survival if you were wondering, ofc if her aorta -sorry if it's named smth else in English, i mean the most important artery of the heart- is stabbed, which we unfortunately don't know, she'd bleed out in secs).

The issue i still have about her surviving or not is wether she was able to survive that and ON TOP OF THAT, the explosion. that would lower the chances, but let's face it, 1/3 alone would be a pretty good survival rate in one piece to make her still alive, it's just the explosion which should be considered imo, on a strongly weakened person.
Sep 4, 2015 4:45 AM

Sep 2009
Yesssss!!! The time has cooome!!!! Now Law must join the main crew!!! Go super surgeon!!
Sep 4, 2015 5:59 AM
Dec 2013
ashfrliebert said:
Spider-titan55 said:

with 100 chapters of showing the other characters like sabo, ussop, robin, trafalgar law, viola, the other piurates, ceavendish, bartolomeo, don chinjao, pica, zoro, kyros, rebecca, fujitoro, rosinate, trebol, diamente, dellinger, franky, pink and the others and having it be for one day chronologically speaking i believe monet with her condition would follow doffy if she were almost close to his palace. she could've been passed out for all we know.

Man, this isn't really about chronological time anymore at this point, it's about the amount of chapters. Dolfamingo's arc has been preeety extensive, I do not see the point of making him relevant again anymore. She was in the arc before that, which was also awhile ago. Her character pretty much begins and ends with Dolfamingo and everything related to him.

I'm also still trying to figure out why she would actually join.

Hiroyuuki said:
anyway, what the guy was trying to say is that she has (could have would be better as it isn't confirmed) connections to the one piece world

it could be a nice symbolism of a warrior protecting a harpy from the beast. kaido is part of monet's regret because thanks to doffy she has to face punishment from him.

She "could have" relevance, but I mean it's pretty farfetched if we try connecting the dots from what we already know. Well-correction, it's pretty farfetched 'based' on what we already know. And creating things that didn't exist before for the purpose of bringing back a otherwise irrelevant character into relevancy is kinda bs.

not really when you're dealing with a story that is chronologically ordered. dressorsa and punk hazard took like a day or 2 each. if monet were to hear the news on doflamingo's defeat she would have to deal with kaido to protect him.
Sep 4, 2015 7:02 AM
Anime Moderator
᠎ Master Öqvily᠎

Aug 2014
CoolMorz said:
I'm sure Luffy will accept them.

I'm almost certain that he will decline. While it would be so cool if he did accept it will probably not happen.

Forum set made by my
secret santa, Nate!
Sep 4, 2015 7:11 AM

Sep 2014
Fujitora truly a boss.
Luffy can take out those numbers pretty easily just with his Conqueror Haki, wonder if he'll actually accept them.
Looking forward to the next chapter.
Sep 4, 2015 7:59 AM
Aug 2014
FloatingList said:
"Hey, let's make a chapter ends with a cliffhanger about Luffy that will get a shit-load of alliances and then make no chapter the week after that."

-Eiichiro Oda-

all jokes aside... next what we got is the 800th chapter of One Piece, and at that particular chapter we will see whether Luffy will take them as alliances or not. Dunno about you guys, but this is a pretty big thing. I think it's OK to let him rest for a week...

True. Oda-sensei never cease to surprise me :D He deserve some rest. His manga series has been going on for more than 15 years and has been almost always number 1. Give him a freaking medal.
Sep 4, 2015 8:30 AM

Mar 2015
It's a freaking long chapter with amazing double spread.

Luffy has 5600 members of Alliance but can they match against Yonkou???
I don't think the 7 division leaders are any help to Luffy.
Sep 4, 2015 8:52 AM

May 2014
Well fuck. Now we know who's gonna join Luffy. I hope he accepts them.
Sep 4, 2015 8:55 AM

Jul 2015
frankykun13 said:
When i see this chapter , this is my first thought : 2400 more to fulfill your army of 8000 members ,Usopp !!!

that aside , this was a nice development..taking them as crews is kinda...overload of member..

Barto said about sharing Sakazuki cup ? so, it's more like a ritual/that kind of thing for alliance right ? like when Ace,Sabo, and Luffy sharing cup..and we see Fujitora's way of seeing things .. and he fed up with ugly sights of world to the point he blinded his both eyes

Not a Crews, they are just a subordinate crew (Mangastream ver). Just Like Whitebeard alliance. They don't have to be around SH Pirates all the time.
korewaItaiSep 4, 2015 9:46 AM
a
Sep 4, 2015 8:58 AM

Jul 2015
DeusEstTenebris said:
With this many characters, its going to be hard to keep up with everybody's progress/subplots/fights every week, I'm more inclined with only the straw hat pirates kicking everybody's ass, traveling on their own to the remaining islands, not traveling with an army tailing them O.O

They'll traveling on their own. Those "Child" will only come when needed, just like Whitebeard Alliance.. :3
a
Sep 4, 2015 9:01 AM

Jul 2015
ArtemisFlow said:
I am going to laugh so hard if the "who's going to join?" rumble ends with "EVERYONE!"

Although it would also be pretty cool, but I dunno, I've always liked my strawhats in small numbers. Maybe for TEMPORARY extra fleets for the next arc. Not gonna complain if I get to see more of my man Sai though.

OP on break next week and chapter 800 coming up, I'm sure we can expect something related to this fleet decision.

Awesome chapter by the way!

The Main Strawhats is still in small numbers. Those people is just subordinate crew (Child) under SH pirates (Parents) commands. I think it similar to Whitebeard Alliance. They will only show up when needed.
a
Sep 4, 2015 9:31 AM

Nov 2012
Yeah some people are taking this crew expansion thing a little too literally

There is no way Luffy would agree to that many people following him all the time, that's obvious. What Bartolomeo means to accomplish is that they are more like allies that can be called upon when needed for large battles and specialty situations . I mean really they could all just continue to do their own crew things until they are needed, or possibly someone from Straw Hat crew could give them orders of what to do on their own.

Hmmm I don't know if they would all fly the Straw Hat jolly rodger ...
Sep 4, 2015 10:04 AM

Aug 2014
I guess i was wrong, the people of Dressrosa aren't complete idiots.

Pretty crazy chapter but i can see Luffy turning down their offer.
Sep 4, 2015 11:22 AM

Jun 2012
Hiroyuuki said:
I'll just say it again in case you missed it lol, there actually is a chance of surviving a stabbed heart irl, how unbelievably it might sound (1/3 chance of survival if you were wondering, ofc if her aorta -sorry if it's named smth else in English, i mean the most important artery of the heart- is stabbed, which we unfortunately don't know, she'd bleed out in secs).

The issue i still have about her surviving or not is wether she was able to survive that and ON TOP OF THAT, the explosion. that would lower the chances, but let's face it, 1/3 alone would be a pretty good survival rate in one piece to make her still alive, it's just the explosion which should be considered imo, on a strongly weakened person.
Well, yes... I know it's possible to survive. But I doubt anyone who's survived a heart stabbing didn't have pretty much immediate attention and someone to keep pressure on the wound until a doctor showed up. Monet didn't have anyone to rush her to a hospital or anything like that... I'm just saying, that's something I can't really see her surviving under the circumstances.

Just curious though, but what explosion are you talking about? The one that Law set off? I wouldn't really say that was a sure-kill by itself, because if anything all that would've done was maybe make the room she's in collapse, 'cause it was in a seperate room. But in her dying state, it certainly would make things worse.
Sep 4, 2015 12:17 PM
Dec 2013
HalibelTheEspada said:
Hiroyuuki said:

Well, yes... I know it's possible to survive. But I doubt anyone who's survived a heart stabbing didn't have pretty much immediate attention and someone to keep pressure on the wound until a doctor showed up. Monet didn't have anyone to rush her to a hospital or anything like that... I'm just saying, that's something I can't really see her surviving under the circumstances.

Just curious though, but what explosion are you talking about? The one that Law set off? I wouldn't really say that was a sure-kill by itself, because if anything all that would've done was maybe make the room she's in collapse, 'cause it was in a seperate room. But in her dying state, it certainly would make things worse.

well let's just say that monet head been able to survive especially since the block of heart flesh has been also an incubator cube that can absord and hear the injured wound. and even if it wasn't characters from one piece have been able to survive alot worse than her.
Sep 4, 2015 12:48 PM

Jul 2012
HalibelTheEspada said:
SleepingBear said:
As a side note it was pretty obvious that Bartolomeo wouldn't be a "core" SH member for the same reason including Perona would have been problematic: their abilities work in such a way that providing them with challenging fights in every arc would be extremely difficult narratively.
Eh, not even because I really want Perona to join but I disagree for both of them regarding their abilities. I don't really want Bartolomeo to join though, even though I think he's awesome I feel like he'd be really awkward to have around all the time.

Bartolomeo's ability is just a shield with very serious limitations on its size so it's not like he can just keep everyone alive at all times, and even in the case of say getting stuck in a situation where they just sit in his shield, it would still be nothing more than a prison for him and whoever he's protecting... and add to that it could still only protect a few people in that way.

Perona I don't really see how her ability is op in any way. Sure it can make most people negative, but it's still hardly much of a combat ability. And I'm sure Haki can counter it somehow... and if anyone sees it coming they can technically dodge her ghosts. Not to mention she can't fight up close and personal... and we don't even know the range of that ability, so I doubt she could just sit on the ship and use her ability infinitely either.

P.S. - And hey, they're about to go against a guy who's main hobby is attempting suicide... I don't think negativity will be very effective.

Ok, I should have worded that better but I didn't mean it in a way that they'd be too strong, but that their abilities are too hit or miss.

With Perona's ability, she either completely incapacitates her opponent or the opponent is immune to it one way or another, which puts her at a huge disadvantage. Either one of these options gets boring and repetitive fast, and wouldn't make for a good narrative.

For Bartolomeo, nothing we've seen so far has been able to break his barriers. The only time he's been damaged was when he used it to protect someone else. So the options for giving him a hard time in a fight are to make him protect someone else, giving his opponent the power to bypass his barrier or to put him in a stalemate like you described (although we have seen him use his barrier offensively, too). Again, I think none of these would make for a good narrative in the long run.

Then again it's pretty redundant for us to argue, since we both seem to agree that it was good that Perona and Bartolomeo didn't join the "core" SH crew. And for anyone wondering I do like both of these characters.
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34
Sep 4, 2015 12:54 PM

May 2015
HalibelTheEspada said:

What's more, it bothers me to no end that people take that "10 members" comment so literally..

I'm pretty sure Oda said in an interview that new members were going to join successively so...
http://opforum.net/showthread.php?tid=6501

Isterio said:
Because that at least as you pointed out so brilliantly is just another excuse to derive from that count "if necessary". It gives the author breathing room if he comes up with a good idea.

I'd figure he didn't make it specific for this exact reason anyway, the fact that he never directly said 10 members allow Oda to not function on a limit of sorts. So that he can, basically, do whatever he wants. It's not really a big deal if Luffy says "about 10" and recruits 14 is what I'm saying.

Kryptiq said:
I guess i was wrong, the people of Dressrosa aren't complete idiots.

Pretty crazy chapter but i can see Luffy turning down their offer.

That would make this whole two page introduction useless. It'd be pretty awkward(story-wise) to build up the chapter for Luffy to decline it in the end. Talk about hype deflation.

I could see it happening at least if both the proposal and the decline happened the same chapter, but doesn't seem to make much sense to not have this happen now.
ashfrliebertSep 4, 2015 2:48 PM
ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ
Sep 4, 2015 2:55 PM

Sep 2013
People are saying it's too early for luffy's armada XD

We're near 800 CHAPTERS into the story, and it's too early? XD lmfao
Sep 4, 2015 3:47 PM
Dec 2013
ichii_1 said:
People are saying it's too early for luffy's armada XD

We're near 800 CHAPTERS into the story, and it's too early? XD lmfao

after coming back reuniting with his friends for the last 2 years and going to fishman island, punk hazard and dressrosa for a few days especially with new abilities i don't think luffy is ready for an army especially since he doesn't have enough status top reach there for something probably even bigger than kaido. but they're gonna go along anyway.
Sep 4, 2015 5:00 PM
Jun 2014
eivanhoe said:
Dahkra said:
That's pretty crazy. I was thinking for a while this kind of thing like what Whitebeard had would happen, but still wasn't really expecting it. I feel like Luffy will decline though. Dunno.

I've really been liking the Dressrosa wrap-up.

Would take another arc to convince Luffy

hahaha omg truuuuuuue
Sep 4, 2015 5:05 PM

Feb 2015
The numbers aren't that impressive with King's haki and the Luffy's fodder will properly not do much.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 4, 2015 5:16 PM
Jun 2014
uzee said:
Amazing ending... but I have a feeling Luffy will refuse

same.... maybe Law will convince him though.....
Sep 5, 2015 3:51 AM

Nov 2013
Hiroyuuki said:
HalibelTheEspada said:
people don't survive their hearts being stabbed. She was dead in seconds, if that.

I'll just say it again in case you missed it lol, there actually is a chance of surviving a stabbed heart irl, how unbelievably it might sound (1/3 chance of survival if you were wondering,

Except that this 1/3 comes from people who are saved quickly by a good surgeon. It's not the same as beeing locked in a room alone while everything is exploding on a half deserted island with no doctors.

So no. Good bye Monet. Even if I liked her.
Sep 5, 2015 3:57 AM
Oct 2013
short_review said:

Except that this 1/3 comes from people who are saved quickly by a good surgeon. It's not the same as beeing locked in a room alone while everything is exploding on a half deserted island with no doctors.

So without saying that I want her back, I do hope she´s gone for good.

I kindly remind you of Nuketanker Pell.
Reject abuser Viper.
And Lightning rod Pagagya, Oda loves himself some fake tension.

There´s no purpose,or gain in bringing her back and if anything I´d like her to be Doffy´s bitch.Stay doffy´s bitch forever just for the sake of making those monettards stfu about her joining the Strawhats because she maybe throw a piece of paper that probably Law had thrown to knockout chopper.
Sep 5, 2015 4:04 AM

Nov 2013
Yeah, and all those "I revive people" were not really what made One Piece great ... it's more like people didn't like it at all.
Sep 5, 2015 4:18 AM
Oct 2013
short_review said:
Yeah, and all those "I revive people" were not really what made One Piece great ... it's more like people didn't like it at all.

I don´t know what Oda´s obsession with that is.
It´s maybe a compulsion like Kishi´s restraint of writing any kisses into his story, although pairing up so many characters.

That´s why Marineford was so well written, because he finally overcome his stupid restrictions.

And before the Oda bitches come out and scream.
YOU DON´T NEED DEATH TO WRITE A GOOD STORY.

You don´t need to imply it like a frickin bitch either.
Make him get buried by a 5 ton boulder, not 500 that´s somewhat understandable.
Sep 5, 2015 6:24 AM
Dec 2013
short_review said:
Hiroyuuki said:

I'll just say it again in case you missed it lol, there actually is a chance of surviving a stabbed heart irl, how unbelievably it might sound (1/3 chance of survival if you were wondering,

not really since someone did bring up that law's block of flesh works as an incubator cube and while it heals it does still take damage to the person and even if she were trapped in the room many character even outisde of mangas have been through the same thing she's had.
Sep 5, 2015 6:27 AM
Dec 2013
Isterio said:
short_review said:

So without saying that I want her back, I do hope she´s gone for good.

I kindly remind you of Nuketanker Pell.
Reject abuser Viper.
And Lightning rod Pagagya, Oda loves himself some fake tension.

There´s no purpose,or gain in bringing her back and if anything I´d like her to be Doffy´s bitch.Stay doffy´s bitch forever just for the sake of making those monettards stfu about her joining the Strawhats because she maybe throw a piece of paper that probably Law had thrown to knockout chopper.

if you really paid attention you would know that monet has some of the following:

astronomer

mysterious background

in links with kaido

parallel to nami and robin

has a sister who works for doflamingo

also law never threw it to chopper since his hands were chained and even if he used room it would've dropped on his head.
Sep 5, 2015 6:30 AM
Dec 2013
Isterio said:
short_review said:

I don´t know what Oda´s obsession with that is.
It´s maybe a compulsion like Kishi´s restraint of writing any kisses into his story, although pairing up so many characters.

That´s why Marineford was so well written, because he finally overcome his stupid restrictions.

And before the Oda bitches come out and scream.
YOU DON´T NEED DEATH TO WRITE A GOOD STORY.

You don´t need to imply it like a frickin bitch either.
Make him get buried by a 5 ton boulder, not 500 that´s somewhat understandable.

and yet oda did it anyway with punk hazard and dressrosa yet monet is the only one in question. some people of said punk hazard was the start of the straw hats facing extreme danger when really we had one character having a fate in question and some the things they've experienced is no different from what they've experienced especially when seeing kid kill all those pirates feeding them to those monsters.
Sep 5, 2015 6:42 AM
Oct 2013
Spider-titan55 said:

and yet oda did it anyway with punk hazard and dressrosa yet monet is the only one in question. some people of said punk hazard was the start of the straw hats facing extreme danger when really we had one character having a fate in question and some the things they've experienced is no different from what they've experienced especially when seeing kid kill all those pirates feeding them to those monsters.

1. Chapter please, because that could be Anime only.
2. People who get eaten by Monsters in One Piece have the tendency to survive.

Want examples? Luffy He doesn´t count cause MC?
Mr3. He doesn´t count? Because Devil Fruit?
Ok Camie.

There is literally one guy I know off who got legitimately eaten by a sea monster and stayed eaten and that was the Kidnapper from chapter one.

Seriously in OP sea kings get eaten more by humans than the other way around.

The Strawhats are literally never in danger because plot armor, that´s even more pronounced in OP than any other show, since Oda decided to dug out fodder characters with it.
Sep 5, 2015 6:58 AM
TheCook

Jan 2013
No matter if Luffy refuses or not, they all will be the Strawhats allies. Oda would not introduce them all in an arc and give them so much focus to just discard those characaters in the end.
Sep 5, 2015 9:05 AM
Dec 2013
[quote=Isterio]
Spider-titan55 said:

1. Chapter please, because that could be Anime only.

no that happened in the manga as well.

2. People who get eaten by Monsters in One Piece have the tendency to survive.

when they swallow you whole. when eating you alive is another story

Want examples? Luffy He doesn´t count cause MC?
Mr3. He doesn´t count? Because Devil Fruit?
Ok Camie.

if you're talking about facing worse casualties then i'll give you some examples. it's alot so i guess i'll say ussop, nami, sanji, chopper, jimbei, the people of alabasta, the people of dressrosa slaughtering eachother, the other pirates from dressrosa, the doflamingo family, law, tashigi, smoker, etc. i don't have to give you how and why since you probably saw how much pain and other casualties they've endured and yet they manage to survive.

There is literally one guy I know off who got legitimately eaten by a sea monster and stayed eaten and that was the Kidnapper from chapter one.

and he was swallowed whole

Seriously in OP sea kings get eaten more by humans than the other way around.

and you're point is? if you mean their bdemise their actually just food for them to eat. they are not humans.

The Strawhats are literally never in danger because plot armor, that´s even more pronounced in OP than any other show, since Oda decided to dug out fodder characters with it.

with so much pain they've endured they can take it and one piece is mostly just a piece of art. it's suppose to have alot more meaning in the series for other characters.
Sep 5, 2015 1:24 PM
May 2015
Woah! this is excitng!!!! >o< Hey! their is anybody know what is "Parent" in this chapter there talking about? Is this like in whitebeard system? when all pirates have commander division something like that!? OMG more forces in straw hat pirates!
Sep 5, 2015 3:29 PM

Nov 2010
Asuna_Tsuna said:
Woah! this is excitng!!!! >o< Hey! their is anybody know what is "Parent" in this chapter there talking about? Is this like in whitebeard system? when all pirates have commander division something like that!? OMG more forces in straw hat pirates!

Parent crew = Straw Hat Crew
Child crews = allies

It's not like WB's divisions. Barto and the rest are like these guys
Sep 5, 2015 5:28 PM
Oct 2013
Dahaka_ said:
Asuna_Tsuna said:

Parent crew = Straw Hat Crew
Child crews = allies

It's not like WB's divisions. Barto and the rest are like these guys

It´s sad that it´s necessary for you to explain that to some people.
Sep 5, 2015 7:26 PM

May 2015
That dude literally just said that exact thing on this page. :P

The numbering just seemed to be so that they can count them, I'm forgetting for some reason that Squardo and co. 'also' had crews lol.
ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ
Sep 6, 2015 2:41 AM

Jul 2014
I fucking knew it!
Sep 6, 2015 9:16 AM

Mar 2015
4,300 pirates? Not as impressive as Usopp's 8,000 followers. Nice try Luffy
Sep 6, 2015 11:09 AM
Jan 2014
Crocodile, Hody, Don Krieg, etc had so many subordinates under them . I don't see the problem with Luffy having a fleet cause he can't fight a Yonkou yet ( according to KOL).
Sep 6, 2015 11:37 AM

Aug 2014
Approve of the increase in pirate number.
Luffy will need power to bring down a yonkou, and this arc is solely build for that purpose only and some other plot of course.
Can't wait to see the answer~
Sep 6, 2015 1:53 PM

Aug 2010
These guys will probably show up when things are about to go down. Oda would never waste these guys, especially since he made a big deal out of them banding together as a fleet.
Sep 6, 2015 9:03 PM

Aug 2008
short_review said:
Luffy will refuse obviously. There are some reasons for such a decision.

1) Luffy wants to remain the freest man on the ocean. That's the most important.
2) Luffy doesn't like it went people try to force him to do something. He prefers to go the other way.
3) A story has to focus on the main characters. If there are too many all the time it looses its focus.

ps : where is Bellamy?

A group of 10 people taking on the combined might of the WG and Yonko, all in excess of 100k+ elite men who operate in the New World. Yup, Luffy will be a dead-man within days if he doesn't have something big to back him up. He needs allies.

As some people have said, is not like they will all be traveling together at all times, anyway. At most, they'll just be there to back the ST crew when shit hits the fan and they see themselves facing an army or something.

What I see as troubling is who will take the role of strategics and logistics. None in the SH crew have the capacity for it. Unless Jinbe finally joins them, I don't see any one else filling in that role.
Sep 6, 2015 10:05 PM

Oct 2007
Genix said:
What I see as troubling is who will take the role of strategics and logistics. None in the SH crew have the capacity for it. Unless Jinbe finally joins them, I don't see any one else filling in that role.

I would think Sanji, but Sanji is black ops. Robin spent 2 years with the RA. Never really got into what she was doing there, but RA is all about strategems and the long game. She's gotta be the liaison.
Sep 6, 2015 11:05 PM

Sep 2015
fachrizalirfan said:
But where is Bellamy?

bellamy is dead...
killed by admiral fuji...a debri hit his head

Sep 6, 2015 11:50 PM

Mar 2012
Fujitora wanting to see what kind of person actually is Luffy... That's... damn =)

Luffy finally getting his "army" in the New World. I'd be fun to see Luffy has the Boss of all these crews but knowing Luffy he might decline.

I'd like him to accept being their Boss, that's just my opinion though, what do you guys think?
Luffy said that he only wanted around 10 members in his crew (with Jinbei that's exactly what they've now), but subordinate crews are separate from the "Boss" crew so we might have a chance of Luffy accepting them as subordinates.
b1GZZSep 7, 2015 12:26 AM
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1114 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - May 1

38 by Legal1234 »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 772 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2014

67 by KoniginElle »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1102 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mei-o_Scarlett - Dec 17, 2023

88 by Legal1234 »»
Today, 4:53 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1000 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

SuperRed - Dec 26, 2020

139 by yoko-_- »»
Yesterday, 10:56 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 5 Discussion

JoquishaJoestar - Jan 19, 2010

33 by selasgamer »»
Yesterday, 2:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.