Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Sep 3, 2015 10:35 AM

Dec 2013
I don't get why people are saying it's obvious he will reject. It's not like they are making him do anything. Barto is on his knees beginning Luffy to let them follow him. He also wants to share sake cups to form this bond. I wouldn't be surprised if next chapter starts out with Luffy, Cavendish, Barto, Sai, Ideo, Leo, Hajrudin, and Orlumbus cheersing a cup of sake and Luffy saying some words about them being nakama now and they would pledge their alegence similar to how Brook did.

Maybe even Law would get a cup to and pledge too. With Law we would be at 8. It would be cool if each alliance member was under the direct command of one of the original Strawhats. That would mean we would also be getting more alliance members in the future. It could possibly go something like this:

Law would be under Luffy
Cavendish maybe under Zoro (could see him maybe having a crew of swordsmen)
Barto under Robin possibly
Hajrudin or Leo under Usopp
Ideo under Sanji since he is a martial artist as well and also Sanji likes to sneak around and do special ops kinda stuff (which would be easy with the 4 man cell Ideo has)
If Jinbei ends up joining the Strawhats permanently he could lead the Sun Pirates as part of the alliance

Not sure about everyone but that would be cool and it could be changed up depending on what other pirate crews align themselves with Luffy.
Sep 3, 2015 10:46 AM

Apr 2013
WillOfDeezNuts said:
I don't get why people are saying it's obvious he will reject. It's not like they are making him do anything. Barto is on his knees beginning Luffy to let them follow him. He also wants to share sake cups to form this bond. I wouldn't be surprised if next chapter starts out with Luffy, Cavendish, Barto, Sai, Ideo, Leo, Hajrudin, and Orlumbus cheersing a cup of sake and Luffy saying some words about them being nakama now and they would pledge their alegence similar to how Brook did.

Maybe even Law would get a cup to and pledge too. With Law we would be at 8. It would be cool if each alliance member was under the direct command of one of the original Strawhats. That would mean we would also be getting more alliance members in the future. It could possibly go something like this:

Law would be under Luffy
Cavendish maybe under Zoro (could see him maybe having a crew of swordsmen)
Barto under Robin possibly
Hajrudin or Leo under Usopp
Ideo under Sanji since he is a martial artist as well and also Sanji likes to sneak around and do special ops kinda stuff (which would be easy with the 4 man cell Ideo has)
If Jinbei ends up joining the Strawhats permanently he could lead the Sun Pirates as part of the alliance

Not sure about everyone but that would be cool and it could be changed up depending on what other pirate crews align themselves with Luffy.

because it seams like something luffy would do.
luffy always seams to do the opposite of what we expect. so we have trained ourself to expect the unexpected.

for example. no sane person would turn down having 5K+ followers.
I know I wouldn't. well alot of the time luffy doesn't act like a sane person.

I personally see luffy saying no. then zoro being like luffy if were gonna conquer the new world then we are gonna need an army. then luffy will say something like ok but your in charge of them. thus the first division commander of the straw hat pirates will be born.
Sep 3, 2015 10:55 AM

Nov 2011
I don't think that amount is all that big compare to how massive Yonko's fleet are and its not like they are that strong.

Sep 3, 2015 10:58 AM

Jun 2014
spodermen said:
thebrentinator24 said:

I personally believe she's dead, but let's face it, I'm sure no one thought Pell from Alabasta would survive an explosion WHILE CARRYING THE FUCKING BOMB into the air. So if Monet is somehow still alive, I wouldn't be surprised.

Monet died because her heart stabbed by caesar since he thought it was smoker's heart

Oh yeah, my bad. There's no way she can still be alive then.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 3, 2015 11:01 AM

Apr 2013
KaiserNazrin said:
I don't think that amount is all that big compare to how massive Yonko's fleet are and its not like they are that strong.

its a good start though.
Sep 3, 2015 11:03 AM

May 2015
DaydreamHero said:
I don't know why so many people think Luffy will turn them down. He agreed to an Alliance with Law, so I think he'll go the alliance route with this bunch rather than simply adding them to his crew.

The reason people think he's going to turn it down is specifically because of it's buildup and "haha funny gag Oda", and while he's probably not going to seriously think it down or anything as much as let them do whatever. It's plays itself like a gag buildup, but it was far too hyped(for lack of a better word) to mean nothing. No matter his response, I'm still p sure the alliance is happening.

That was probably the reason for introducing so many great characters, 'especially' since the yonko have also come into play the last two arcs. And this one too even. I can't see the alliance 'not' happening at this point.
ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ
Sep 3, 2015 11:04 AM
Sep 2015
Spider-titan55 said:
so next chaprter will be luffy and the 5600 other pirates fighting against the navy and hopefully monet is gonna show up because the next straw hat will be a former enemy and out of all the characters post fishman arc besides jimbei she makes the most sense in joining:

-Astronomer

-Mysterious past

-Parallel to Nami and Robin

and like the other straw hats she is likely to be the one who takes inspiration from luffy. though if she is going with them she might as well bring her sister along. if she's not in dressrosa she might be in zou/wano dealing with kaido since she likely failed doffy

and guys let's be honest neither bartolomeo nor cavendish are joining because for cavendish not only does he not have any occupation nor goal but he hates luffy, law, and roronoa zoro for stealing his spotlight and for bartolomeo i'll give off a list of things that doesn't make him straw hat member material:

-is a fanboy

-wouldn't have much decent chemistry with the other straw hats

-has no occupation

-only goal is to sail with luffy

-was inspired by luffy since lougetown when really the other straw hats took time to be inspired by him.

at the end of the day he was just another side character. it was pretty much obvious from the moment we saw him.

and let's not forget that they are captains of their own pirate crew and bartolomeo isn't the kind of guy who could abandon his crew.

Usopp was a the Captain of the Usopp Pirates too. Although his crew was two children and himself but still.
Sep 3, 2015 11:10 AM

Dec 2013
KaiserNazrin said:

They are supposed to be pretty strong. Just not as strong as Luffy. Cavendish has $280 mil bounty. Barto kicked a vice-admirals ass like it was nothing. Sai and Leo one shot an executive (so did cavendish as Hakuba). Hajrudin and Barto both beat executives. Orlumbus didn't sustain any damages and is strong enough to have that big of a ship and that many men. And Ideo is some kind of champion I guess.
Sep 3, 2015 11:19 AM

Apr 2013
I just realized something. If baby 5 hooks up with sai. then baby 5 will become a SH member.

awesome!
Sep 3, 2015 12:41 PM

Jun 2008
Lol at guys thinking Luffy wiill start traveling with 5600 men. That is not what they were saying people. They won't go following his ship around with their ships.

They will still have their crews and their own adventures but will be loyal to Luffy. If he ever needs them then he can call them and at the same time it means they become people under his banner and he has kind of an obligation to help them or revenge them if anyone tries to take them out.

Anyway i have said in previous chapters on how Yonkou seem to have entire fleets under them and other crews with their own captains that are loyal to them from what we saw from Whitebeard and that is what makes them most scary more that everything because such fleets allow them to even fight the whole navy in a big battle etc. It was obvious Luffy needed such Yonkou power to become the Pirate king and now it seems he is starting to get it.
I expect Luffy will reply with "Just do whatever you like" and they will say "That means you accept us" and they will start cerebrating and then go their separate ways and telling him that they will always be on stand by and build their power and be ready to come to his call whenever he needs them.
Luffy will just say "Whatever" like he doesn't really plan to ever call them but surely enough at the future, a time will come when he will call all his allies to a big battle.
It was obvious that Oda introducing all this strong characters was with an aim. Luffy won't just reject them and they won't just go away after that. This people will appear again and they will bring their ships to support Luffy in a big fight. Oda didn't give them all this panels in this arc for no reason. His not an idiot.
MonadSep 3, 2015 1:06 PM
Sep 3, 2015 12:46 PM

Jun 2012
Man, with the chapter title and Fujitora thinking about the color of Luffy's hair and eyes and whatnot, I thought Oda was about to pull a fast one on us.

metsujin said:
I was actually serious about the 8000 men part.
Psh, Bartolomeo clearly stated this is only 5,600 people.

blfan said:
I didn't think Luffy was showing sympathy for Fujitora but if that was what the chapter, I guess so. Well we know the fight wasn't going to have a conclusion, but Luffy is loud and clear.
I'm not so sure if "I wanted you to know exactly how I was kicking your ass!" can be considered sympathy, lol. But... I suppose it could be taken as Luffy's form of sympathy.

Isterio said:
Call that right now, next chapter will be about fake drama explaining how Luffy desn´t want them.but they wanna join desperately, with a final goobye to Rebecca and Dressrosa.

Or may god be with us, Rebecca and Kyros joining the Strawhats cause already on the giant ship.
Luffy always gets what he wants... I don't see his resolve being shut down too easily. If he says no, I don't think there will be much convincing him... aside from food.

Also I don't think we'll see Rebecca or Kyros again in this arc. Unless maybe we see them watching them set sail or something.

rkane said:
but they will have to part ways and meet later on until they decided to confront a yonko.. otherwise, there will be too many characters for the wano arc..

btw, where is trafal-guy??
I don't think Wano is next... if at all. If they do go, it wouldn't be til the get Momonosuke back... and of course re-unite with the rest of the Straw Hats. And, from the looks of things Kaidou may even be next on their list.

Also, you can see Law standing next to Robin when Orlumbus says his piece, as well as the last page with the Straw Hats standing across from the would-be alliance.
HalibelTheEspadaSep 3, 2015 12:50 PM
Sep 3, 2015 12:49 PM
Jan 2014
kst said:
this chapter was awesome 7 representatives as parent i think luffy will decline but usopp will accept cuz hes lies come true some ussopp will be as parent but who knows what will happend

That's a really good idea, I mean God Usopp and this thing with wanna him having 8000 followers. "Me as the vice*whispering* Captainnnn Usoooop will accept your offer".
Sep 3, 2015 12:59 PM

Jun 2008
astrozombie84 said:
lol if they do end up following Luffy, the next arc will be funny.

Nami, Brook, Sanji, and Chopper gonna freak out when they see all these people.

also will be interesting to see how they form the divisions.
will this group become the first division or will they be divided into multiple divisions.

If its just one big division i wonder who would become the commander.
it would be funny for Usopp to become commander. however Zoro makes more sense. The first mate should be the first one to get a division.

What the hell are you talking about? His crew will still be his crew. This people already named their division captains etc in this chapter. Were you not reading?
And they won't follow him around wherever he goes. They will go their own way and do their own thing with their own captains.
They will just be ready to come and support him if he ever calls for them in the same way Whitebeard called all those captains and their crews to come at Marinefold to support him when he needed them. Those people weren't following Whitebeard's ship around. They were out there doing their thing. They just came when Whitebeard called them because they are were loyal to him.
Sep 3, 2015 1:10 PM
Sep 3, 2015 1:29 PM

Apr 2013
Monad said:
astrozombie84 said:

will this group become the first division or will they be divided into multiple divisions.

it would be funny for Usopp to become commander. however Zoro makes more sense. The first mate should be the first one to get a division.

What the hell are you talking about? His crew will still be his crew. This people already named their division captains etc in this chapter. Were you not reading?
And they won't follow him around wherever he goes. They will go their own way and do their own thing with their own captains.
They will just be ready to come and support him if he ever calls for them in the same way Whitebeard called all those captains and their crews to come at Marinefold to support him when he needed them. Those people weren't following Whitebeard's ship around. They were out there doing their thing. They just came when Whitebeard called them because they are were loyal to him.

are you serious or just trolling? cause if not trolling then your an idiot. those are crews not divisions. are you gonna tell me that 4 people count as a division?

also take a look at the white beard pirates. the division commanders are members of the core group. marco, ace, jozu, thatch, vista, ect

also I never said that they were gonna follow SHC around everywhere.
however its likely that they will all go to Zou together. at the very least the biggest part of the alliance is giving luffy a ride there.

next time use your brain a little bit before opening your mouth.
Sep 3, 2015 1:31 PM
Dec 2013
thebrentinator24 said:
spodermen said:

Monet died because her heart stabbed by caesar since he thought it was smoker's heart

i do believe she is considering there are many things from monet like astronomy, the only person with wings and bird legs, mysterious past who is involved with her sister sugar, hinted several times like nami with pen and glasses and lufy's love for snow, has a marking in her arm, and is in link with kaido.

also like i said in the events of punk hazard despite the marines, assistants from punk hazard, brownbeard, doffy family, and the citizens from dressorsa monet seems to be the only one to take damage.
Sep 3, 2015 1:38 PM

May 2015
astrozombie84 said:
Monad said:

are you serious or just trolling? cause if not trolling then your an idiot. those are crews not divisions. are you gonna tell me that 4 people count as a division?

also take a look at the white beard pirates. the division commanders are members of the core group. marco, ace, jozu, thatch, vista, ect

however its likely that they will all go to Zou together. at the very least the biggest part of the alliance is giving luffy a ride there.

UHH...this IS an alliance, hence the naming of the members and their crew, the alliance is just 'under' the straw-hats. As shown by the last panel.
Maybe we shouldn't think of it like Whitebeard allies(Squardo, Jinbe, Whitey Bay) or Whitebeard division commanders, but something differently entirely.

They are division commanders, like Marco and company. But still allies, with their 'own' crews, like Squardo. Just like the Kidd-Hawkings-Apoo alliance. That's the whole point in it being an alliance, and them being subordinate crew. Emphasis on crews.

It's not 4 people, it's 7 people(excluding Luffy atm), plus their crews. They showed the numbering in this very chapter..
Sep 3, 2015 1:39 PM

Apr 2013
ashfrliebert said:
DaydreamHero said:
I don't know why so many people think Luffy will turn them down. He agreed to an Alliance with Law, so I think he'll go the alliance route with this bunch rather than simply adding them to his crew.

astrozombie84 said:

UHH...this IS an alliance, hence the naming of the members and their crew, the alliance is just 'under' the straw-hats. As shown by the last panel.
edit: beat to it

they are subordinate crews. they aren't allies, they are subordinates. luffy & law are allies. they are considered equals.
Sep 3, 2015 1:45 PM

Apr 2013
ashfrliebert said:
astrozombie84 said:

Maybe we shouldn't think of it like Whitebeard allies(Squardo, Jinbe, Whitey Bay) or Whitebeard division commanders, but something differently entirely.

They are division commanders, like Marco and company. But still allies, with their 'own' crews, like Squardo. Just like the Kidd-Hawkings-Apoo alliance. That's the whole point in it being an alliance, and them being subordinate crew. Emphasis on crews.

It's not 4 people, it's 7 people(excluding Luffy atm), plus their crews. They showed the numbering in this very chapter..

those groups are allied to each other but they are subordinate to the straw hats.
also thats not what i meant when i said 4 people. more or less monad said each of those groups were their own division. well one of the groups only had 4 people in it. the one ideo represents. 4 people does not count as a separate division. however a crew can have only 4 people.

yes we can think of it being something separate from how whitebeards crew was set up.
most likely thats how it will turn out. however my point is they are still subordinate to the SHC.
Sep 3, 2015 1:47 PM

Nov 2013
Still puting my bet on Bellamy since he is not part of all this deal whatsoever.
Sep 3, 2015 1:49 PM

May 2015
astrozombie84 said:
ashfrliebert said:

edit: beat to it

they are subordinate crews. they aren't allies, they are subordinates. luffy & law are allies. they are considered equals.

Calling them subordinate crews is more appropriate, I agree, but they still aren't straw-hats.

They showed the 7 character with their crew names and the members in their crew. What's the point in doing that if they were actual straw-hats? Subordinate crews, sure, but not "straw-hat straw-hats", as in probably not going to consistently appear on the Sunny for the rest of the series. As in, not part of the main 9 cast members.

Edit: Oh, well if you mean "subordinate-not equal" like Law intended to be equal(even though Luffy still did whatever he wanted lol), than sure I agree.
Sep 3, 2015 2:05 PM

Apr 2013
ashfrliebert said:
astrozombie84 said:

Calling them subordinate crews is more appropriate, I agree, but they still aren't straw-hats.

They showed the 7 character with their crew names and the members in their crew. What's the point in doing that if they were actual straw-hats? Subordinate crews, sure, but not "straw-hat straw-hats", as in probably not going to consistently appear on the Sunny for the rest of the series. As in, not part of the main 9 cast members.

Edit: Oh, well if you mean "subordinate-not equal" like Law intended to be equal(even though Luffy still did whatever he wanted lol), than sure I agree.

in a way they kinda will be straw hats. sure they wont be part of the core group, or sail on the flagship. they even have their own crew names. but they still serve & are under the protection of the SHC.

of course its to early to say that, as we don't know whats gonna happen.
however im pretty sure they will end up following them.
Sep 3, 2015 2:07 PM

Dec 2008
www.mangareader.net/one-piece/1/53

I know he says "at least" 10, but it seems like a some sort of prediction to me :)

So we got

(1) Zoro - Swordsman
(2) Nami - Navigator
(3) Usopp - Liar Sniper
(4) Sanji - Cook
(5) Chopper - Doctor
(6) Robin - Archeologist
(7) Franky - Shipwright
(8) Brook - Musician
(9) Jimbei - Fishman (? they said he'll join, didn't they?)

(10) ???

Then again does Vivi still count as one?

I do love Monet - Yuki Onna/Harpy and as much as I would like her to join, because she is cool, I loved how she was all weak to the G5's compliments xD and she'd be the first Logia User to join, but I really don't think she survived:

http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/694/14
http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/694/15

That's the last we see of her though

http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/694/17

Also though I feel like Luffy will decline the offer, he did put his flag up on Fishman Island to protect it, so if he feels like this is the same kind of thing I don't think he will be okay with the other groups only sailing under his name, but still be independant
SolitaryDarknessSep 3, 2015 2:28 PM
Sep 3, 2015 2:16 PM

Jun 2012
Spider-titan55 said:
thebrentinator24 said:

i do believe she is considering there are many things from monet like astronomy, the only person with wings and bird legs, mysterious past who is involved with her sister sugar, hinted several times like nami with pen and glasses and lufy's love for snow, has a marking in her arm, and is in link with kaido.

also like i said in the events of punk hazard despite the marines, assistants from punk hazard, brownbeard, doffy family, and the citizens from dressorsa monet seems to be the only one to take damage.
Ignoring how hard this is to read, what are you talking about? How would astronomy, wings and birg legs, being Sugar's sister (wtf do you even get that?), having a pen and glasses, Luffy loving snow, having a mark on her arm, OR being connected to Kaidou stop her from dying when her heart is ripped open?

I don't see how any of that could imply that she's Sugar's / Nami's sister either. Monet was Caesar's assistant... glasses and a pen kind of fit that bill. I don't think Luffy liking snow has anything to do with anyone's bloodline, nor should having ties with Kaidou. And a lot of people have "marks" on their arms (Ace wasn't Sugar's or Nami's brother as far as I recall).

My apologies if I'm misunderstanding something in your statement... but from what I can tell, that's what you seem to be saying.
Sep 3, 2015 2:21 PM

Aug 2015
The chapter was amzing omg loved it, I hope Luffy wont refuse ._.
Sep 3, 2015 2:50 PM

May 2015
Wow wow wow, two monet discussions? Okay, I can repost.

ashfrliebert said:
Pell and Igarama could have traveled all the way to the New World with the help of the marines to join Luffy to save him from the wano samurai.

See how that, despite being a reason, 'really' seems farfetched and nonsensical? We really don't have a 'reason' to believe she's alive, I feel like Dressrosa and Dolfamingo was her best shot at relevancy.

If she reappears, hey, I can accept that! But she has little interaction with 'any' of the crew members, and the last arc that connects her to 'anything' else in the story is gone. You can make that case with Robin, but the difference is Robin, for one, got on the ship immediately after Alabsata and 'than' got kickstarted, two arcs later with Aokiji in the Davy Back fight--we didn't know anything about her before than. And after that, her 'central' arc came.

And well, the BIG different is Robin didn't get stabbed in the heart and didn't tank an explosion.

I'd be convinced if Monet had appeared in Dressrosa, but now?

On the other hand, it's alot more comparable to Pell, but I think we are on the same page here when we say Pell's survival was kinda unnecessary, despite the fact he has a possibly relevant arc coming in the future in Reviere and for one is an actual ally of the straw-hats. It was an explosion, face front. And if you make the assumption he's really fast, than I say it kinda defeats the impact the survival was suppose to have in the first place. One more thing, why did he wait until after his funeral to appear instead of as soon as he tanked the explosion?

And an explosion face front and a stab in the heart should both be preeety fatal. But hey, I don't think he should join the crew now. Monet would be pretty cool in a cover-story of sorts though, but she has little interaction with 'any' crew member and hasn't randomly appeared on their ship or saved Luffy's life. So far, anyway.

The only relevancy Monet could possibly ever have again is the abyss of "cover-story relevancy"--which means no relevancy.

There's a few exceptions, Buggy and Alvida, Jango and Fullbody, Coby and Helmeppo, Hachi&Camie.

But that was like ten years ago. Aside possibly Vivi, can't really think of any other coverstory being important in the grand scheme of things. Not to say the cover stories became bad over time, but they sure did become more irrelevant.

It's not even the problem of being alive(though that's one), it's the point of somehow becoming relevant enough to join Luffy's alliance(much less crew) two years later. Nah.
Sep 3, 2015 3:04 PM
Dec 2013
HalibelTheEspada said:
Spider-titan55 said:

Ignoring how hard this is to read, what are you talking about? How would astronomy, wings and birg legs, being Sugar's sister (wtf do you even get that?), having a pen and glasses, Luffy loving snow, having a mark on her arm, OR being connected to Kaidou stop her from dying when her heart is ripped open?

I don't see how any of that could imply that she's Sugar's / Nami's sister either. Monet was Caesar's assistant... glasses and a pen kind of fit that bill. I don't think Luffy liking snow has anything to do with anyone's bloodline, nor should having ties with Kaidou. And a lot of people have "marks" on their arms (Ace wasn't Sugar's or Nami's brother as far as I recall).

My apologies if I'm misunderstanding something in your statement... but from what I can tell, that's what you seem to be saying.

sugar and monet were saved by doffy after having a terrible environment(possibly slaves or maybe worse).

pirates use astronomy to travel throughout the sea before maps were made. raftel is hinted to be in the moon and their have been other space related themes in one piece like the celestial dragons being inspired by aliens from one of terry gilliams films, vega punk having a big head while he's said to be the smartest in the world despite with such a young age, and enel's cover story.

of all the people in punk hazard monet seems to be the only one with bird legs and wings which could be related to her dreams and her possibly trauma before he came to doflamingo saved her and her sister sugar.

the pen and glasses indicated monet's harpy like state and the fact that she's a huge nerd.

kaido is in leagues with Doffy. monet works for doffy. she could deal with him to help the straw hats or help doffy.

the fact that monet is sugar's sister means something since we could have a backstory between them.

the mark she has could be from her past which is why she gopt her arms replaced when she met law.

luffy loves snow as much as he loves meat and anything that's childish. he a hyperactive idiot. monet having fun with luffy would be a nice interaction
Sep 3, 2015 3:18 PM

Sep 2013
Luffy will obviously refuse the parent child relationship and instead do a brother pledge but I don't think it will be on the same level he did with sabo and ace.

Or God Ussop takes Luffy's place and gets the army under his wing XD
Sep 3, 2015 3:22 PM

May 2015
Spider-titan55 said:
HalibelTheEspada said:

kaido is in leagues with Doffy. monet works for doffy. she could deal with him to help the straw hats or help doffy.

Wow, so we're going to go get Dolfamingo-who just had his 100 chapter arc, and make him relevant AGAIN after already being defeated. He's already locked up! It's over.

You might be thinking "we should focus on the Kaido thing ashfr!", but well you see, Monet job was kinda-sorting keeping Ceasar in check/spying on him for Dolfamingo. And, as you said, Monet connection to Kaido was being connected to Doflamingo.

And I'm pretty sure Dolfamingo has just been defeated. He's not 'really' relevant anymore, and you despite his connection to Kaido he's already over with it, all his future relevancy will probably be based around Kaido being upset over his defeat or something.

It's really the same case with Monet. Except Dolfamingo doesn't really care for her, or pretty much any of his subordinates, sad innit?
Sep 3, 2015 3:31 PM
Dec 2013
ashfrliebert said:
Spider-titan55 said:

Wow, so we're going to go get Dolfamingo-who just had his 100 chapter arc, and make him relevant AGAIN after already being defeated. He's already locked up! It's over.

You might be thinking "we should focus on the Kaido thing ashfr!", but well you see, Monet job was kinda-sorting keeping Ceasar in check/spying on him for Dolfamingo. And, as you said, Monet connection to Kaido was being connected to Doflamingo.

And I'm pretty sure Dolfamingo has just been defeated. He's not 'really' relevant anymore, and you despite his connection to Kaido he's already over with it, all his future relevancy will probably be based around Kaido being upset over his defeat or something.

It's really the same case with Monet. Except Dolfamingo doesn't really care for her, or pretty much any of his subordinates, sad innit?

with 100 chapters of showing the other characters like sabo, ussop, robin, trafalgar law, viola, the other piurates, ceavendish, bartolomeo, don chinjao, pica, zoro, kyros, rebecca, fujitoro, rosinate, trebol, diamente, dellinger, franky, pink and the others and having it be for one day chronologically speaking i believe monet with her condition would follow doffy if she were almost close to his palace. she could've been passed out for all we know.

as for Kaido one piece is known for myths and symbolisms and inspirations created by myths. with kaido being know as the strongest beast and with him looking like a beast leading a hundred or a thousand beast army and with monet being a harpy it could be a nice symbolism of a warrior protecting a harpy from the beast. kaido is part of monet's regret because thanks to doffy she has to face punishment from him.
Sep 3, 2015 3:46 PM

Mar 2015
HalibelTheEspada said:
Spider-titan55 said:

actually only the tip of that blade or whatever it was went through her heart, also, the ratio's of someone surviving by being stabbed in the heard irl is 1/3.

anyway, what the guy was trying to say is that she has (could have would be better as it isn't confirmed) connections to the one piece world which most of us didn't even notice, just like how she might be connected to a mythical floating island with huge magnetic forces (which btw could be the thing that Capone Bege, 1 of the other supernovas, was being mysteriously pulled at in the sky), which also has connections to astronomy (and we know monet studied some at least). there are some vids about this kind of stuff on youtube and stuff, just look it up, quite interesting.
Sep 3, 2015 3:52 PM

Mar 2012
DaydreamHero said:

It seems people is missing the point between "Alliance" and "Subordinates". Law and Luffy are treated as equals, the 5600 wants to work DIRECTLY under Luffy.

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Sep 3, 2015 4:23 PM

May 2015
Spider-titan55 said:
ashfrliebert said:

with 100 chapters of showing the other characters like sabo, ussop, robin, trafalgar law, viola, the other piurates, ceavendish, bartolomeo, don chinjao, pica, zoro, kyros, rebecca, fujitoro, rosinate, trebol, diamente, dellinger, franky, pink and the others and having it be for one day chronologically speaking i believe monet with her condition would follow doffy if she were almost close to his palace. she could've been passed out for all we know.

Man, this isn't really about chronological time anymore at this point, it's about the amount of chapters. Dolfamingo's arc has been preeety extensive, I do not see the point of making him relevant again anymore. She was in the arc before that, which was also awhile ago. Her character pretty much begins and ends with Dolfamingo and everything related to him.

I'm also still trying to figure out why she would actually join.

Hiroyuuki said:
anyway, what the guy was trying to say is that she has (could have would be better as it isn't confirmed) connections to the one piece world

it could be a nice symbolism of a warrior protecting a harpy from the beast. kaido is part of monet's regret because thanks to doffy she has to face punishment from him.

She "could have" relevance, but I mean it's pretty farfetched if we try connecting the dots from what we already know. Well-correction, it's pretty farfetched 'based' on what we already know. And creating things that didn't exist before for the purpose of bringing back a otherwise irrelevant character into relevancy is kinda bs.
Sep 3, 2015 4:27 PM
Oct 2010
This chapter was amazing! I have a feeling that Luffy is going to turn them down (basically because he doesn't take the rational decisions most of the times & because of how his face looked at the end of the chapter). The thing is that he needs numbers in order to compete with a Yonkou (it'll be ridiculous for a yonkou to be defeated by a 9-member crew even if they are the SHs). I don't know how, but the "alliance" thing has to happen, though I can't imagine luffy accept them as subordinates, because he doesn't want to rule (he just wants to be free- that's what being a pirate king means to him). Maybe he'll accept them as friends and not as subordinates. If they become his subordinates he has to take the "blame" for their actions (some of the crews might behave as actual pirates: killing innocent people etc which is NOT compatible to the SH ethics). I believe that he'll accept them as friends (communicate with den den mushi or vivre card - which was conveniently made by sabo). Either way they will not follow him around of course. Each of them will sail independently and assist luffy when needed (and vice versa). Maybe this way they will respect luffy even more. Can't wait to read the next chapter!!
VforVeniaSep 3, 2015 4:46 PM
Sep 3, 2015 4:47 PM

Oct 2009
I have read the chapter again and I am pretty sure Luffy will somehow accept, he might impose his conditions but there is no turning back.

- He told them to do whatever they want, which is what they just did.
- The note at the end of the chapter says: 'An unexpected increase in force!?' :D
- He needs them, he might be dumb but his crew isn't. They all have their say and I am sure Luffy will listen to his crew.
Sep 3, 2015 5:00 PM

Apr 2013
Raven-kun said:
DaydreamHero said:

It seems people is missing the point between "Alliance" and "Subordinates". Law and Luffy are treated as equals, the 5600 wants to work DIRECTLY under Luffy.

finally somebody gets it

most likely Luffy will say no at first, and either someone will talk him into it, or he will say all of you are my nakama now. either way the end result will be the same.
Sep 3, 2015 6:57 PM
May 2014
I believe an alliance is quite possible cause Luffy maybe stupid but he's not dumb lol but oda is probably gonna make it a yes to the alliance. Ayes really luffy crew is too small to be in the grand line taking on the yonko and with a alliance of that many it would seem possible
Sep 3, 2015 7:52 PM

Mar 2010
watch luffy say no lol... but if he says yes. holy shit i just can't wait to see whats coming next after dressrosa..

well i gotta say, chapter 800 is going to be sick either way.
StardewSep 3, 2015 7:56 PM
Sep 3, 2015 8:30 PM

Jul 2015
whatever his answer, they are going to be his subordinates. because I get the feeling that this whole arc was a build up for this scene.
TheDodo said:
I have read the chapter again and I am pretty sure Luffy will somehow accept, he might impose his conditions but there is no turning back.

- He told them to do whatever they want, which is what they just did.
- The note at the end of the chapter says: 'An unexpected increase in force!?' :D
- He needs them, he might be dumb but his crew isn't. They all have their say and I am sure Luffy will listen to his crew.

Note the "He told them to do whatever they want, which is what they just did". it reinforces and builds to the point that no matter what luffy say, they will do whatever they want...
Sep 3, 2015 9:36 PM

May 2012
Luffy wil lsay yes.

Sep 3, 2015 9:38 PM

Aug 2008
Kinda expect this. I knew they would join Luffy like Whitebeard and his allies. Question is, will Luffy accept it? I hope he will.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Sep 3, 2015 9:53 PM
Jan 2015
I think the Navy will acknowledge his Strength now after the news comes out. The Gorosei will appoint him as the 5th Yonko. The Alliance will defeat Kaido and Law will replace him.
Sep 3, 2015 10:02 PM

Nov 2012
Oh shit did not think of that. If Luffy actually accepts this alliance and news gets out, that'll make his bounty get even higher lol.

PLEASE ACCEPT LUFFY SENPAI (Barto Voice)
Sep 3, 2015 10:57 PM
Sep 2015
Remember how Hawk Eye said Luffy has the strongest power in the World? The ability to get people liking him. I think this is what Oda was trying to portrait... I think we will see the Kid alliance fight with Shanks but will fail so they will join Luffys crew. And then I believe they will attack the yonko one by one and lastly unite the pirate and destroy the world government. I think thats how its going to end. Your thought?
Sep 3, 2015 11:08 PM

Jun 2012
Spider-titan55 said:
Yes, I get all of that but my point is, none of that has anything to do with her being able to survive her heart being stabbed. I mean even Pell surviving the bomb had a fraction of a chance of happening... people don't survive their hearts being stabbed. She was dead in seconds, if that.

But wow, looking it up I feel pretty stupid now... I didn't realize that they were revealed to be sisters... I mean it was in an SBS so it's not quite so terrible (and I don't own that volume yet), but still... damn I'm a little disappointed I didn't know that. Well, then thanks for teaching me something. :P
Sep 3, 2015 11:36 PM

Feb 2014
It's getting exciting! Didn't expect this to happen really.

Sep 4, 2015 12:12 AM

Nov 2010
I'm surprised so many people didn't see this coming.

But good for them, more twists to enjoy.
Sep 4, 2015 12:17 AM

Jul 2012
Isterio said:
SleepingBear said:
Luffy is an idiot, Fujitora is a boss. All the "extras" are allying with the Strawhats, which was called by some people dozens of chapters ago. If Luffy turns them down I'll be so mad that I might actually stop reading One Piece for a while.

Seriously, even if he turns them down they join anyway.

Call that right now, next chapter will be about fake drama explaining how Luffy dpesn´t want them.but they wanna join desperately, with a final goobye to Rebecca and Dressrosa.

Or may god be with us, Rebecca and Kyros joining the Strawhats cause already on the giant ship.

Oh no doubt about it, but there is absolutely no reason to drag it on for any longer other than drawing the shocked faces of everyone when he turns them down and hoping some people find it funny. In my opinion it would also prove that Luffy is completely unfit to be the Pirate King.

As a side note it was pretty obvious that Bartolomeo wouldn't be a "core" SH member for the same reason including Perona would have been problematic: their abilities work in such a way that providing them with challenging fights in every arc would be extremely difficult narratively.
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34
Sep 4, 2015 12:22 AM

Jan 2013
Say yes, it's not to join the ship, just some kind of alliance with Luffy as the boss.
Sep 4, 2015 12:36 AM
Oct 2013
SleepingBear said:

As a side note it was pretty obvious that Bartolomeo wouldn't be a "core" SH member for the same reason including Perona would have been problematic: their abilities work in such a way that providing them with challenging fights in every arc would be extremely difficult narratively.

There was no reason to assume this in the first place.

People saw two reasons to include him and started taking off their parents, without thinking about the twenty that speak against him.

I made a conclusion early in this arc, claiming how viola is the only possible candidate or no one. To be honest with all the jokes and trolling aside.

It´s 100% confirmed no one will join in the near future, because honestly Oda is more predictable than people make him out to be. I´m also inclined to think that there´s a possibility that absolutely no one will join, because including Jimbei the Strawhats are 10, fitting Luffy´s comment from chapter one.

Furthermore Shanks crew consists of 9 "important" people.
Add Mihawk to that and you have 10. Luffy´s count including Jimbei.

Another yonko has also 10 people under his command guess who?

10 People for 10 Strahats to fight.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1114 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - May 1

38 by Legal1234 »»
Yesterday, 7:43 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 772 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2014

67 by KoniginElle »»
Yesterday, 6:24 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1102 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mei-o_Scarlett - Dec 17, 2023

88 by Legal1234 »»
Yesterday, 4:53 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1000 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

SuperRed - Dec 26, 2020

139 by yoko-_- »»
May 13, 10:56 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 5 Discussion

JoquishaJoestar - Jan 19, 2010

33 by selasgamer »»
May 13, 2:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.