Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 2, 2015 10:19 PM

Apr 2010
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Woah an unexpected amount of force on the Straw Hat Pirates.

So yeah the whole purpose of those massive characters introduced in Dressrossa is for Luffy to be in par with the Yonkos

This reminds me of Whitebeard's crew, where there is a leader per division.
Sep 2, 2015 10:21 PM
Jul 2018
Holy crap. So many fleet members

Cavendish's division number 1, awesome<3

All the extra stuff in Dressrosa makes sense now, been waiting for something like this to happen.
removed-userSep 2, 2015 10:26 PM
Sep 2, 2015 10:26 PM
Jun 2014
That's pretty crazy. I was thinking for a while this kind of thing like what Whitebeard had would happen, but still wasn't really expecting it. I feel like Luffy will decline though. Dunno.

I've really been liking the Dressrosa wrap-up.
Sep 2, 2015 10:29 PM

Apr 2010
Dahkra said:
That's pretty crazy. I was thinking for a while this kind of thing like what Whitebeard had would happen, but still wasn't really expecting it. I feel like Luffy will decline though. Dunno.

I've really been liking the Dressrosa wrap-up.

Would take another arc to convince Luffy
Sep 2, 2015 10:31 PM

Jun 2014
wow! i never though that so many gonna join luffy crew
i think that dressrosa is gonna end soon (finally...)
but there isnt gonna be a new chapter next week so we have to wait two weeks

anime/manga/gaming/Arui43
Sep 2, 2015 10:37 PM

Dec 2013
This was an unexpected development. Luffy has got his own alliance to take down Kaido!

It sucks that there is no chapter next week
Sep 2, 2015 10:37 PM

Jan 2008
Yeah, but I can still see Luffy saying no, or him repeating "Just do what you want". It's a little sad that Bart isn't a direct crew member, but still. I am liking the idea of him having an army under him.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Sep 2, 2015 10:38 PM
Dec 2013
as i always said bartolomeo, cavendish nor anyone from dressrosa have no chance in joining the straw hat pirates but will instead form an alliance.
Sep 2, 2015 10:40 PM

Oct 2014
"Hey, let's make a chapter ends with a cliffhanger about Luffy that will get a shit-load of alliances and then make no chapter the week after that."

-Eiichiro Oda-

all jokes aside... next what we got is the 800th chapter of One Piece, and at that particular chapter we will see whether Luffy will take them as alliances or not. Dunno about you guys, but this is a pretty big thing. I think it's OK to let him rest for a week...
HOW TO SAVE ANIME IN THREE SIMPLE STEPS

1. To have Mars of Destruction, Skelter Heaven, and Pupa properly adapted in TV series form by Madhouse
  2. To have Inferno Cop properly adapted in TV series form by Bones, director: Urobuchi Gen
  3. An anime crossover of Mushishi x ARIA x Haibane Renmei.

Should even one of the above conditions cannot be done, anime is still at risk.
Sep 2, 2015 10:42 PM
Oct 2014
This is interesting! The way how I see it (if he accepts), it looks like Luffy is going to have a something similar to a Yonko! A large fleet of pirates that will be at his beck and call!

After reading this, he's come so far (now possibly owning an army of pirates equating to a Yonko) since he first started his journey!
Sep 2, 2015 10:45 PM

Apr 2014
Well Luffy's ability to make allies from friends and foes is already taking shape now in the New World. Now he has a freaking Giant army of 5600 to take on one of the Yonko now. Holy freaking hell!
Sep 2, 2015 10:47 PM

Jul 2014
thats pretty damn awesome :D. Armada of over 5600 members? pretty good chapter.
but inb4 luffy turns them down.
Sep 2, 2015 10:49 PM
Jul 2018
Dream95 said:
but inb4 luffy turns them down.

At least One Piece will end quicker. Luffy will die when he goes up against his first Yonko.
Sep 2, 2015 10:54 PM
Sep 2015
CHAPTER 800!!

Delayed, because it will be AWESOME. i think luffy will accept them
Sep 2, 2015 10:55 PM
Dec 2013
so glad bartolomeo is not gonna join the crew. like cavednish he doesn't make any sense in joining the crew.
Sep 2, 2015 10:56 PM
Jan 2015
With this many characters, its going to be hard to keep up with everybody's progress/subplots/fights every week, I'm more inclined with only the straw hat pirates kicking everybody's ass, traveling on their own to the remaining islands, not traveling with an army tailing them O.O
Sep 2, 2015 10:58 PM

Nov 2011
5600+ members.

Wow....now that is something.
Sep 2, 2015 10:59 PM

Nov 2008
Oh course Luffy is going to say okay because he's going need all the help he can get.
Sep 2, 2015 11:04 PM
Dec 2013
so next chaprter will be luffy and the 5600 other pirates fighting against the navy and hopefully monet is gonna show up because the next straw hat will be a former enemy and out of all the characters post fishman arc besides jimbei she makes the most sense in joining:

-Astronomer

-Mysterious past

-Parallel to Nami and Robin

and like the other straw hats she is likely to be the one who takes inspiration from luffy. though if she is going with them she might as well bring her sister along. if she's not in dressrosa she might be in zou/wano dealing with kaido since she likely failed doffy

and guys let's be honest neither bartolomeo nor cavendish are joining because for cavendish not only does he not have any occupation nor goal but he hates luffy, law, and roronoa zoro for stealing his spotlight and for bartolomeo i'll give off a list of things that doesn't make him straw hat member material:

-is a fanboy

-wouldn't have much decent chemistry with the other straw hats

-has no occupation

-only goal is to sail with luffy

-was inspired by luffy since lougetown when really the other straw hats took time to be inspired by him.

at the end of the day he was just another side character. it was pretty much obvious from the moment we saw him.

and let's not forget that they are captains of their own pirate crew and bartolomeo isn't the kind of guy who could abandon his crew.
Spider-titan55Sep 2, 2015 11:09 PM
Sep 2, 2015 11:06 PM
Sep 2015
But where is Bellamy?
Sep 2, 2015 11:10 PM
Mar 2014
Luffy finally taking his first REAL steps to becoming the next pirate Emperor...

I've been waiting 7 years for this moment :.) I can wait another 2 weeks
Sep 2, 2015 11:10 PM

Oct 2008
luffy has to accept imo but i don't think he will go for it ..... let us see after 2 f***ing weeks
Sep 2, 2015 11:11 PM
Jun 2015
Holy Shit this chapter man just freaking awesome I never expected all of them to form a pirate alliance with SH.......5600 people damn that's too many(next chapter he says NO ) ............also the citizen of Dressrosa knew everything about Kyros and tontatas from the start..........hehe Riku trolled.........and that speech by Fujitora and his character development.......to know that he did it to his eyes himself and now respect luffy has now made him one of my favorite characters of one piece.........5/5 man no doubt
Sep 2, 2015 11:12 PM
Jan 2015
When i see this chapter , this is my first thought : 2400 more to fulfill your army of 8000 members ,Usopp !!!

that aside , this was a nice development..taking them as crews is kinda...overload of member..

Barto said about sharing Sakazuki cup ? so, it's more like a ritual/that kind of thing for alliance right ? like when Ace,Sabo, and Luffy sharing cup..and we see Fujitora's way of seeing things .. and he fed up with ugly sights of world to the point he blinded his both eyes
frankykun13Sep 2, 2015 11:16 PM
Sep 2, 2015 11:17 PM

Jun 2015
This chapter was awesome! I didn't expect such turn of events actually :D. Luffy having 5600+ men under his command xD. I wonder what will Law say about this? XD I think that Luffy will agree to be their leader :)

Can't wait for the next chapter!
Sep 2, 2015 11:28 PM

Sep 2013
I am going to laugh so hard if the "who's going to join?" rumble ends with "EVERYONE!"

Although it would also be pretty cool, but I dunno, I've always liked my strawhats in small numbers. Maybe for TEMPORARY extra fleets for the next arc. Not gonna complain if I get to see more of my man Sai though.

OP on break next week and chapter 800 coming up, I'm sure we can expect something related to this fleet decision.

Awesome chapter by the way!
Sep 2, 2015 11:30 PM

Jan 2011
I feel like Luffy will say no to such a big alliance?? It would be cool though to have that many people backing him up.
I'm not sure.
Sep 2, 2015 11:31 PM

Dec 2011
What a beast chapter and an awesome development.Will Luffy accept these guys now and i think Luffy should start having a large team since he will have to fights against all big one from now on.Nice Fujitora wish to have his eyes back to see Luffy face...
Definitely best chapter since Kaido show up...
Sep 2, 2015 11:38 PM

Feb 2015
From 9 crew members to 5000 members.Talk about efficient growth.Brilliant chapter

Also,No One Piece next week.Really Oda? Before the milestone chapter? I cri evrytym
Sep 2, 2015 11:42 PM

Jun 2013
..O_O Weell....Luffy is getting Army fitting for new Pirate King....Damn I seriously hope he says Yes...but it is Luffy...it is not his Style....Just like Whitebeard, well if he accepts them...which I think he sadly wont.

[size=200] Tough we all should Remember that Normally Single Pirate Crew cannot even touch or get close to New World Ruling Pirates...Especially Yonko....So we have to think about this....Luffy wants beat the Crap out of Blackbeard, Big Mom and Kaido....he is going to need more Underlings that will fight against Strong fighters of their Enemies Crews.

Lieutenants of those Crews are of course opponents of the Original Straw-Hats...Aka Example future Shilew vs Zoro, Auger vs Usopp, Doctor Q vs Chopper and So on...but there sure as hell is more members than just 11 in other crews... and Especially Yonko Crew are hell Strong....Remember Whitebeard and Red Hair Pirates? need some help to get to Captains
[/size]

Looks like Citizen of Dressrosa are not as oblivious as Royal Family thought... XD and not as "Unable-to-Accept-Criminal-To-Royal-Family" as they thought.
JarjaxleSep 3, 2015 12:18 AM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Sep 2, 2015 11:42 PM
Oct 2013
shaaaaan said:
From 9 crew members to 5000 members.Talk about efficient growth.Brilliant chapter

Also,No One Piece next week.Really Oda? Before the milestone chapter? I cri evrytym

They are not "crew" members the inner core are still the Strawhats those guys have theiw own names and everything, they just sail under Luffy´s protection, if you attack them you´ll gotta deal with Luffy.

What bugs me though is, will they all behave?
So if they wanna pillage and Luffy says no they´ll just roll with it?

There should be rules involved, but it´s Luffy, also 5000 man re worthless because Conquerers Haki exist, that would require them to be at least stronger than a regular Fishman aka 10 men, each.
Sep 2, 2015 11:46 PM
Dec 2008
Don't really think Luffy would say yes, but the plot demands it, so it'll happen one way or another. Didn't really see this coming, and I suppose it sort-of justifies this entire arc. I'll have to go back and re-read it as it seemed to drag on forever and I straight-up skimmed like 1/3 of the arc.

That said, what's with all the complaints about no chapter next week? Have the lot of you never read a manga before? May as well start complaining about having to fill your car up with gas.
Sep 3, 2015 12:10 AM

Jun 2013
I think Oda is trying to give Usopp 8000 men, so that he can kill Luffy and become pirate king in the end... That plot twist.
Sep 3, 2015 12:13 AM

Mar 2014
WOW! That's a pretty big thing right there, would never expect a Shirohige like family for the Mugiwaras. I don't really like the idea though, I just hope he refuses with some talk of everyone having free will and not having to follow Luffy's command.

Btw, the revelation that Fujitora took his own vision away was completely omitted LOL
Sep 3, 2015 12:25 AM

Jun 2014
Wow, so Fujitora blinded himself. He obviously regrets it, seen when he said he wanted to see what Luffy's face looked like.

But holy crap, 5600 members?! Luffy better accept, he could be like the next Whitebeard and have a whole bunch of different divisions that answer to him when he needs assistance. No chapter next week, which sucks, but Oda needs his rest.

Spider-titan55 said:
and hopefully monet is gonna show up

Didn't she die when Punk Hazard blew up?
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 3, 2015 12:26 AM
Oct 2013
metsujin said:
I think Oda is trying to give Usopp 8000 men, so that he can kill Luffy and become pirate king in the end... That plot twist.

Man don´t write that off as a joke. Ussop´s heme is he´s a guy whose lies turn out to be true. Excluding the bullshit part.

Lies that Ussop told and came true:

1. The Giant Goldfish he told Kaya about.
2. A city in the Sky.
3. Him getting caputred by little people similar to Gullivers journey.

He lied to the Tontattas and yet became their savior.
The 8000 man army isn´t a far stretch, it would make another one of his lies come true.
Sep 3, 2015 12:28 AM

Mar 2012
Alright, now this is BIG! Knowing Luffy, he probably won't accept. However, he's really going to need the man power for the rest of the New World. Something will probably come together eventually.

Cabbage and Barto at 1 and 2 respectively made me happy, even if this was done by "lottery." :3

Milestone 800 coming up next! Though it seems we're gonna have to wait a bit longer for it. :[
AceDvazzSep 3, 2015 10:17 AM
Sep 3, 2015 12:30 AM
Oct 2013
thebrentinator24 said:
Wow, so Fujitora blinded himself. He obviously regrets it, seen when he said he wanted to see what Luffy's face looked like.

But holy crap, 5600 members?! Luffy better accept, he could be like the next Whitebeard and have a whole bunch of different divisions that answer to him when he needs assistance. No chapter next week, which sucks, but Oda needs his rest.

Spider-titan55 said:

Why are people pissing their pants over those numbers when this happened?

Sep 3, 2015 12:32 AM
Dec 2013
thebrentinator24 said:

Spider-titan55 said:

i don't believe so. also characters can survive explosions even ones outside of manga. infact punk hazard wasn't even destroyed either.
Sep 3, 2015 12:33 AM

Oct 2012
We all knew it would happen... but the number is still impressive!
Sep 3, 2015 12:42 AM

Nov 2012
I always figured that Bartolomeo would somehow manage to find a way to stay with the straw hats (If Luffy accepts). Im honestly happy about Bartolomeo joining as a division commander. I really like him even though he fangirls over the Strawhats all the time. xD. And this could be the beginning of the most epic allegiance of all time. But I wonder if Luffy will agree or not. I mean the manpower would be useful in taking down Kaido and the other Yonkou, but Luffy can be hardheaded. I can't wait to see how things turn out 2 weeks from now.

Oh yeah, that moment where Fujitora said he wanted to be able to see what Luffy looked like was pretty cool. And the fact that even though he really didn't want to fight Luffy that was his duty as a Marine, so he had to. Need. Next. Chapter!!
Sep 3, 2015 12:55 AM

Nov 2013
Damn. Everyone talking about possible new members of the crew and we end up with 5,000+

I'm guessing they aren't going to be around for more than the next arc, unless Luffy says he doesn't want them to. I'm all for seeing these characters again in the next arc, especially Bartolomeo and Cavendish. Possible "big" next chapter for 800th? Sucks we gotta wait 2 weeks.. I'm hoping Luffy and co are at least finally leaving Dressrosa to meet up with the rest of the crew.

Bartolomeo's reaction when he meets Nami-swan and the rest of the crew XD
Sep 3, 2015 12:56 AM

Oct 2011
Amazing ending... but I have a feeling Luffy will refuse

Sep 3, 2015 1:29 AM

Jun 2013
Isterio said:
metsujin said:

Man don´t write that off as a joke. Ussop´s heme is he´s a guy whose lies turn out to be true. Excluding the bullshit part.

Lies that Ussop told and came true:

1. The Giant Goldfish he told Kaya about.
2. A city in the Sky.
3. Him getting caputred by little people similar to Gullivers journey.

He lied to the Tontattas and yet became their savior.
The 8000 man army isn´t a far stretch, it would make another one of his lies come true.

I was actually serious about the 8000 men part.
Sep 3, 2015 1:29 AM

Oct 2011
Barto deserved to be number one instead of Cabbage :(
Sep 3, 2015 2:02 AM

Aug 2010
It's like Oda said F U all abd ur stupid nxt Nakama BS XD

I wonder if Luffy will accept tho. Plz do >. <

Totally didn't expect Fujitora to have taken his own eyes O_o
Loved his regret for not seeing Luffy.

I guess we got confirmation he's nowhere near admiral level yet
Gear4 maybe different but still
Barion-ZaraSep 3, 2015 2:20 AM
Sep 3, 2015 2:05 AM

Jul 2012
Luffy is an idiot, Fujitora is a boss. All the "extras" are allying with the Strawhats, which was called by some people dozens of chapters ago. If Luffy turns them down I'll be so mad that I might actually stop reading One Piece for a while.
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34
Sep 3, 2015 2:10 AM
Oct 2013
SleepingBear said:
Luffy is an idiot, Fujitora is a boss. All the "extras" are allying with the Strawhats, which was called by some people dozens of chapters ago. If Luffy turns them down I'll be so mad that I might actually stop reading One Piece for a while.

Seriously, even if he turns them down they join anyway.

Call that right now, next chapter will be about fake drama explaining how Luffy dpesn´t want them.but they wanna join desperately, with a final goobye to Rebecca and Dressrosa.
[b]
Or may god be with us, Rebecca and Kyros joining the Strawhats cause already on the giant ship.
Sep 3, 2015 2:10 AM
Sep 2012
I didn't think Luffy was showing sympathy for Fujitora but if that was what the chapter, I guess so. Well we know the fight wasn't going to have a conclusion, but Luffy is loud and clear.

So the citizen don't see Luffy as a villain after all, they knew all along the dark secret.

Man talk a massive would be alliance. Anyway looks like we are about to leave this place at last. And just when things are getting good, no chapter next week, figures.
Sep 3, 2015 2:20 AM

Aug 2013
I'm sure Luffy will accept them.

They will probably be just like how Whitebeard and his alliance was.
Due to that,I don't think they will travel together everywhere,just going to join up if something big will happen again,like the marineford arc.
Guess they will use denden mushi for communication.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1114 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - May 1

38 by Legal1234 »»
Yesterday, 7:43 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 772 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2014

67 by KoniginElle »»
Yesterday, 6:24 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1102 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mei-o_Scarlett - Dec 17, 2023

88 by Legal1234 »»
Yesterday, 4:53 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1000 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

SuperRed - Dec 26, 2020

139 by yoko-_- »»
May 13, 10:56 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 5 Discussion

JoquishaJoestar - Jan 19, 2010

33 by selasgamer »»
May 13, 2:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.