Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
No Matter How I Look at It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Not Popular!
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 22, 2015 1:01 AM
Aug 2015
I was really enjoying WataMote. I'd heard from some people the it was a pretty odd, funny anime which it very much was. But I am the sort of guy who gets really into the plot and story of everything I watch so I was really dissapointed with how it all turned out.

My problem is that the anime might as well just not have existed and nothing would've changed. I've heard a lot of people say that at the end with her saying ''It doesn't really matter'' it refers to her realizing high school popularity doesn't really matter so she shouldn't try to become popular, but to be honest, as the series progresses popularity becomes less and less important to Tomoko and instead she realizes how much she wants/needs friends and people to be with. By the end of the show she was desperate for friends and was trying her hardest to make some, but then it ends with her just apparently reaching Nirvana and saying it doesn't matter

On a small side-note, another thing that annoyed/confused me was that when Tomoko was running home crying in the final episode, her only friend who was chasing her, Yuu, apparently realizes that a stray cat is more important than one of her friends who has admitted to her face that every day is hell and that she hates high school. Cats>your friends happiness.

More topics from this board

» Need help identifying a song

XeroBeat - Apr 26

1 by CatChud »»
Apr 26, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2013

240 by Thnikkakid »»
Apr 11, 7:56 PM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2013

201 by 5hadow17 »»
Apr 11, 4:27 AM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2013

377 by OpelManta »»
Mar 27, 3:48 PM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

rederoin - Jul 8, 2013

653 by OpelManta »»
Mar 27, 3:26 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.