Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sailor Moon Eternal Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 9, 2009 10:12 AM

Sep 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
All Sailors gathered now!
TIME TO LIVE FOREVER BABY!

http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=19549
Please join if you love Asian Cinema :)
Aug 13, 2010 12:33 AM

Oct 2008
They both revealed each other to themselves

YAAAAAAAAAY.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Mar 28, 2011 7:23 AM
Nov 2010
Hmm I always thought they revealed themselves in the last episode of the entire anime.
May 31, 2011 5:35 AM

Mar 2009
Ok, I know it was pretty obvious, but it was still nice to see it all play out.

Cliffdiver much? And, I gotta go to work, so I'm gonna have to wait until I get home to watch the next ep. I may just have to marathon the rest of the season tonight when I get home!

This is getting pretty epic, now I'm starting to understand the hype a little more.

Urahara Out!!
Jul 7, 2011 9:14 PM

Apr 2008
I like how Tuxedo Mask transforms with a rose xD
One of my favorite anime series <3
Aug 4, 2011 9:56 PM
Apr 2010
really good episode!
Aug 21, 2011 2:45 PM

Apr 2011
i laughed so much at how the hat was coming down on tuxedo mask at the end of his transformation!
Sep 9, 2011 8:49 PM

Sep 2008
Wow, a simply amazing episode with all that identity revealing and that ending!
Things really have picked up.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 3, 2011 1:11 PM

Jul 2011
I really loved this episode, the whole thing with "Sailor Moon is Princess Serenity??!!!" moment also gives me the chills and excites me everytime, even though I was already aware of it!
Anyways love it!
Dec 16, 2011 2:41 PM

Jun 2009
Great episode, it was incredibly obvious that Usagi would be the princess....after all they have same hair and, well, who hasn't been spoiled by this twist? I'm pretty sure this has to be one of the most know twists in anime, after all.

Still, it was extremely well done regardless. Good stuff.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 7, 2012 7:51 AM

Jun 2010
I like Tuxedo Mask's transformation. Rose Boy. Ha!
Aw, Usagi is the Princess. Will she still be all... Usagi-ish or will she act like a princess now?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 31, 2012 10:07 AM

Oct 2008
I think they did a predictable "twist" in the best way they possibly can. Very nice.
Dec 6, 2012 2:35 PM

Apr 2010
One of the best episodes yet! *O*
Mar 9, 2013 6:36 AM

Nov 2012
great episode! i always remember this episode being where the show really picked itself up. not quite sure why everyone is referring to serenity's awakening as a "twist". as far as i see it, it's not meant to be a twist. the audience is supposed to know already & then it really is just her awakening in the chronology of the story - i.e. the characters are made aware - so, in that sense, it's not obvious or w/e it's just a facet of the story unfolding itself to the characters.
May 31, 2013 1:56 PM

Feb 2008
What is Tuxedo Mask? Is he Speedwagon? Since he's got the same hat skills as that guy.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Sep 18, 2013 8:31 AM

Apr 2012
my feels
Feb 9, 2014 4:21 AM
Mar 2013
Yes, they finally revealed themselves to each other! And it looks like the plot took a major jump. It's about time that happened.

I feel bad for Zoicite, she really screwed up this time. Losing the crystals, the imperium crystal and awakening the moon princess. Oh boy. Wonder what's going to happen with the sailor scouts now.
Mar 31, 2014 9:13 AM

Aug 2007
Easily the best episode yet~
I'll have to watch more as soon as I'm done with my calculus xD

May 9, 2014 4:28 AM

Apr 2012
Okay what a good episode!

And Tuxedo Mask has a transformation sequence. WHo knew?
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Jun 16, 2014 5:45 PM

Jan 2011
OK, that just bumped the score up... It's not like we didn't expect this to happen, but I didn't remember just where the big reveal was in the story. There's a real sense that this is taking off as well, what with the acceleration of the plot, the appearance of Sailor Venus, and some character development and growth.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jul 17, 2014 7:34 PM

Apr 2012
This is probably my favorite episode so far. Even though it was super obvious Usagi was the princess it was delivered so well it's still a memorable moment.

Loved Tuxedo Mask's transformation, I hope it happens more in the future.

I got super giddy when they were finally revealed to each other.

on my way to steal yo girl
Jul 30, 2014 3:11 PM

Apr 2010
Hajimetan said:
my feels

Dec 17, 2014 2:48 PM
Apr 2013
"It looks like just another building" hahaha

Pretty boring episode
Nov 23, 2015 7:49 AM

Aug 2010
I lol'ed so hard at Sailor Moon her reaction haha. Surprises me she got pretty fast over the fact that her lover's Darian though. xD

BecauseAllYourThoughtsAreWicked | Sailor Mars
Mar 24, 2016 11:56 PM

Jan 2014
So that's the Moon Princess...
I'm surprised Mamoru didn't know who Sailor Moon is, though.
Mar 12, 2017 5:57 AM

Nov 2009
Karusan said:
i laughed so much at how the hat was coming down on tuxedo mask at the end of his transformation!

I had a laugh at that too. How it just floated down.

Azu said:
I lol'ed so hard at Sailor Moon her reaction haha. Surprises me she got pretty fast over the fact that her lover's Darian though. xD

Kind of agree but then I think that their wall of dislike started to break down with some prior episodes like the one where they modeled for the artist and when Usagi got helpful advice from Mamoru, I think that was when she found out that her other crush had a girlfriend. Little things like that. The not seeing through 'disguises' on the other hand I have to make a conscious effort to overlook lol.

Anyhows, best episode yet! Really picking up now, yay. Was a bit of a slug for the first 20 episodes or so. Not, not enjoyable just wasn't much plot development. Kinda have to go in to it knowing that it's heading somewhere. Which most people would. Am so glad that all the inner senshi are together now, everyone knows who everyone's identity is and awakening is happening. On a side note, I like the bad guys and feel sorry for them. Is that just me?
Apr 27, 2017 12:34 AM
Nov 2015
Ikuni said he tried several times to kill off Tuxedo Mask but failed, so calm down, he will resurrect.
The ominous music when the tower transforms, what is it? Can somebody give the name of the track?
I was really giddy when they revealed themselves to each other. Tuxedo is kinda boring and a hyena who for the duration of the last arc literally steals the diamonds after Zoisite and Sailor Senshi battle each other. But he is cute. The art and design is dated but really he is still cute.
Apr 27, 2017 12:37 AM
Nov 2015
Karusan said:

Half through the transformation I was holding back myself cuz it was so over the top and campy, with all those colors and roses, latin music and Tuxedo's flesh being a rainbow hologram. and that hat which was flying. When it came down it was really the last nail to the coffin, I was expecting that, then I broke.
Jun 10, 2017 2:30 PM

Jun 2013
After this much build up, the well deserved episode where "sh*t gets real", finally arrives. The second half of the episode had some of the best looking scenes yet: Zoisite's attack, TK transformation and the princess reveal.
Dec 5, 2017 8:34 AM

Mar 2012
i didn't remember tuxedo kamen had a transformation sequence. and it's so cheesy! <3

am i the only one who hates this new ending theme?
May 26, 2018 4:38 AM

Dec 2016
Just rewatched this particular episode. Easily the best one in the whole series. Second half is just a rollercoaster of emotion, always gives me the chills *.*
Oct 7, 2018 6:16 AM
Mar 2018
This was one of the best episodes yet. There was lots of great reveals here. Mamoru and Usagi revealing their identities as Tuxedo Mask and Sailor Moon, Mamoru's dark past revealed, and finally the ending with Usagi revealed as the Moon Princess. There was also some very good intense action parts and emotion.
Feb 4, 2019 1:16 PM

Jun 2015
I was glad to see Usagi growing and becoming a more dependable person, but boy this one is a huge development.

I hope Mamoru is OK.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Feb 19, 2019 5:17 AM

Jul 2015
Damn, that was great.

Mamoru and Usagi revealed their identities to each other and Zoisite proved to be pure evil by not fighting fair not once but twice, Tuxedo took that sucker punch to Usagi, who seems to have awakened as the Moon Princess, hyped for next episode!
Feb 24, 2020 5:35 AM

May 2011
Obvious or not, the process of Usagi just awakening into the moon princess because of the crystals just like that still had me lit upppp. 👏👏👏
May 27, 2020 9:16 PM

May 2020
Tuxedo Mask says "Crying won't solve anything" yet Usagi's tears awaken the Moon Princess and cause the Legendary Silver Crystal to appear. Yeah.

I never understood the magical healing powers of tears. What's the moral? That crying is good? Or when life really, really sucks then it starts to takes pity on you? No way.

That's my only complaint. I don't need to tell you how awesome this episode is.

I definitely don't hate the new credits music, I just prefer the old one. But hearing that sad song after an episode like this would be too much.

And about Mamoru not recognizing Usagi after her transformation, that's brought up a lot but easily explained. Basically her appearance is changing but we don't see it, to avoid audience confusion. The transformation makes her look much older, taller, cooler and more attractive.
HighPriestJonkoMay 27, 2020 9:24 PM
Jonko
Level 3 Human Priest
Chaotic Good
Rogue Treasure-Hunter

Jun 23, 2020 3:15 AM
Jan 2018
nice , they finally know who each other is , and it seems his apparent death ??? has caused something in usagi to wake up

it was pretty clear she had some connection with the moon princess most likely a reincarnation as she and tuxedo mask must have been lovers hidden memorises in usagi must have awoken
Jul 11, 2020 11:37 AM

Aug 2016
Identities are revealed, Tuxedo take a hit to the back and Usagi is the princess, hyped to see what happens.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Jul 24, 2020 6:03 AM
Jul 2018
HighPriestJonko said:
Tuxedo Mask says "Crying won't solve anything" yet Usagi's tears awaken the Moon Princess and cause the Legendary Silver Crystal to appear. Yeah.

And about Mamoru not recognizing Usagi after her transformation, that's brought up a lot but easily explained. Basically her appearance is changing but we don't see it, to avoid audience confusion. The transformation makes her look much older, taller, cooler and more attractive.

Thanks for providing that explanation.I felt it was needed as I've been confused since the last episode that mamoru himself couldn't connect the dots right away on usagi's alternate identity being sailor moon especially since there is not much differentiating aspects of their character designs between the two(even before this episode happened), though I could say this about the other sailor scouts too where the general civilians couldn't connect the dots on figuring out their true identities(besides that smart boy who liked ami and but I think its because that boy had the ability to see into the future) especially when they were facing a girl near or right besides them resembling the same facial structures like their hairstyle for example.

I do understand that a minor random character like the civilians figuring the true identities of the sailor scouts wouldn't have much of a dramatic effect in the narrative as those characters simply exist to be background fodder so who would care what those characters found out? Lol unlike characters like nephrite where he was a major sub antagonist at one point ,and that made for a way better dramatic effect when it happened in the narrative
removed-userJul 24, 2020 6:12 AM
Mar 1, 2021 11:59 AM

Aug 2020
Saved with the power of love uwu
Jun 24, 2021 10:18 AM
Oct 2011
HighPriestJonko said:

I never understood the magical healing powers of tears. What's the moral? That crying is good? Or when life really, really sucks then it starts to takes pity on you? No way.
If I had to guess? That it's ok to cry and be honest about your emotions. But that's all it is. A guess.
Dec 27, 2021 9:26 AM

Mar 2020
A really dramatic episode all around with plenty of dramatic (if really obvious - who could have guessed that Sailor Moon was the Moon Princess /s?). But it was really cool to see the series hit many of the same beats of the manga but in different situations - taking what worked but elevating the drama. There was even a cliffhanger about what will happen to Mamuro, even if Usagi's obviously just going to use Moon Healing Escalation on him.

Feb 18, 2022 7:58 AM
Jul 2015
WTF EP 34 BEST EPS SAILOR MOON EVER THE PLOT SO SMOOTH

I JUST WATCHED BCS I FELT TIRED ON TWT

AND READ TRASHY PLOT COMIC OMG FINALLY GOOD PLOT

Literally usagi always fight w mamoru but they are soft esp mamo nice to her and she cant get mad

then both of them know each other hero identity

TM got stabbed behind SM cries and her tear bring all the 7 diamond became 1 big silver circle diamond

she awakened her princess moon self 🌞🧋🧋🧋

wow sailor moon popular i think bcs good art characters n colour

+ story background expanding is big

i didnt ss mamoru part rewind the part he gives good advices to usagi that was pure romance

lover of kingdom

to enemy to lovers highschool x college

sailor x tuxedo 🤣🤣🤣
Mar 24, 2022 10:24 PM

Dec 2016
As I always remembered it, this was the definite best episode of the 1st season, and one of the best of the series as a whole. So emotionally intense.
Feb 1, 2023 9:31 PM

Oct 2016
Oh wow! I mean, it was pretty obvious who the princess was all along, but I didn't think the reveal would happen this early! I wonder if the show will pull a fast one and make Mamoru forget? So excited to see what happens next!
Aug 27, 2023 4:17 PM

Aug 2008
Loved seeing Tuxedo Mask's transformation. Cracked me up. Princess Serenity has been revealed.
Sep 23, 2023 10:20 AM

Jul 2017
wow she's actually the moon princess
Jan 14, 12:19 PM

Mar 2022
This is by far one of the best episodes I have seen for this show. So many things were revealed, I did think it was obvious that Usagi was the moon princess but I would be lying if I said they didn't reveal that moment in such a brilliant way. So emotionally intense and surprisingly huge amount of action for that episode alone. This by far one of the most memorable parts I've seen, the pretty boy and the school now know what their secret identities are now. We even learned about Mamoru's past as well. Cool stuff, cool stuff.
Apr 10, 3:46 AM

Mar 2024
Yay!!!! This was honestly in my opinion the best episode so far, not only did we finally see Tuxedo Mask and Sailor moon finding out each others real identity. I also really liked learning more about Mamoru’s past as well as seeing him transform in Tuxedo Mask :D
Apr 14, 4:44 AM

Jul 2017
an intense episode, finally they revealed their identities to each other, it was very touching even if it was obvious that usagi was the moon princess.
i'm curious to see how the story will continue.
''Touch the darkness inside me''

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sailor Moon Episode 46 Discussion ( 1 2 )

VARIAchan - Aug 13, 2010

74 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
May 12, 7:45 PM

Poll: » Sailor Moon Episode 45 Discussion

VARIAchan - Aug 13, 2010

45 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
May 12, 7:10 PM

Poll: » Sailor Moon Episode 39 Discussion

VARIAchan - Aug 13, 2010

26 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
May 11, 3:24 AM

Poll: » Spoilers for episode 34

GakutoDeathGlare - May 9

3 by Asahinchi »»
May 9, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Sailor Moon Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

VARIAchan - Aug 11, 2010

67 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
May 7, 8:58 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.