Forum Settings
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 13, 2015 5:51 AM

Dec 2013
OMG after maya told tatsuya and miyuki that they are really not siblings, she also told them that tatsuya will be marrying miyuki!!!! although i am still not sure if they really not siblings since tatsuya kept saying that they are siblings and maya is just lying...

can some who reads japanese read this for me!!

http://i.imgur.com/MzM3hfn.jpg

according to maya that miyuki and tatsuya are actually cousins....... also confirmed that miyuki has incest feeings for tatsuya!!!

GG tatsuyaxmayumi...
Jul 13, 2015 6:14 AM

Jul 2013
This volume has already been translated? I better pick up the pace of my reading then I guess...

That image shows the yotsuba family tree (四葉家系図 yotsuba kakeizu)
At the bottom left it also lists the names of tatsuya and miyuki, both with the same parents. Shiba Tatsurou and Yotsuba Miya.
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Jul 13, 2015 6:22 AM

Dec 2014
Tats and Miyuki are cousins because

About that part where Miyuki has incestous feelings for Tatsuya, i think that was established long before volume 16. XD

Thanks to sandyboi. :)

Also

Volume 17 Summary

The result of this 2 days conference would determine the new 10MC once again.
- Right at that moment, a mysterious explosion rocked the venue.
It was a suicide bombs triggered by magicians. Furthermore, it caused a numerous casualties to unrelated guests.
The mastermind of this sneak attack was the 'sage(s)'

The anti-magician movements intensified, triggered by this terror,
USNA strongest troop of magicians started to move once more.
Major Benjamin Canopus. First commander of USNA military magician troops,
the number 2 person in Stars, who helps Angelina Sirius as the General Commander.
Canopus participation,
set a greater scheme in move...!!

Also from sandyboi :)
testamentKAISERJul 13, 2015 6:34 AM
Aug 3, 2015 10:52 PM
Nov 2013
testamentKAISER said:

About that part where Miyuki has incestous feelings for Tatsuya, i think that was established long before volume 16. XD

Also

Volume 17 Summary

It was a suicide bombs triggered by magicians. Furthermore, it caused a numerous casualties to unrelated guests.

the number 2 person in Stars, who helps Angelina Sirius as the General Commander.
Canopus participation,

Thanks for this was intrested in the bedroom scene seems the author going for the incest route! Which is fine...Wonder how things gonna play out with everyone else.
Aug 4, 2015 12:08 AM

Dec 2014
swordman009 said:
testamentKAISER said:

Also

Volume 17 Summary

Canopus participation,

Thanks for this was intrested in the bedroom scene seems the author going for the incest route! Which is fine...Wonder how things gonna play out with everyone else.

I was hoping for Tatsuya marrying/ending up with Erika or Mayumi, but what can i do? :)

Also poor Honoka and Lina....
Sep 5, 2015 11:27 AM

Jul 2014
Lol'ed at the family branches tried to stop them to go to New Year's Party at Yotsuba main house xD

It still not fully translated, I only read when they arrived at the main house though.
Oct 4, 2015 9:51 PM

May 2014
Man, I guess I have mixed feelings about these turns of events. I feel happy for Miyuki to finally open her heart and have a taste of what she always wanted, but... I guess I do not like they getting married. Nevermind the incest thing (I don't really care about it), I just don't feel like that would be the most fun path.

I say that fully aware of how I always liked Mayumi the most and shipped her with Tatsuya tons, so that's why I can't decide on what to really feel.
Oct 15, 2015 1:03 PM
Oct 2013
Ishikami said:
Man, I guess I have mixed feelings about these turns of events. I feel happy for Miyuki to finally open her heart and have a taste of what she always wanted, but... I guess I do not like they getting married. Nevermind the incest thing (I don't really care about it), I just don't feel like that would be the most fun path.

I say that fully aware of how I always liked Mayumi the most and shipped her with Tatsuya tons, so that's why I can't decide on what to really feel.

after reading what the Yotasuba did to tats (before he was even born) and the reason behind Miyuki being "made" I am all for them to be together.

My question is the one Clan that's against the marriage..... (Paraphrase Blade)
"they obviously don't know who they are f***ing with"
“How strange and foolish is man. He loses his health in gaining wealth. Then, to regain his health he wastes his wealth. He ruins his present while worrying about his future, but weeps in the future by recalling his past. He lives as though death shall never come to him, but dies in a way as if he were never born”
― Imam Ali as
Oct 15, 2015 1:20 PM
Jan 2015
Its still confirmed that Tatsuya still see's Miyuki as his sister and this arranged marriage is just a way to permanently bind Tatsuya to clan. Plus Tatsuya is essentially being forced into this, he doesn't trust Maya and believes she has other things planned and the only reason he's complying with this is for Miyuki's feelings. If you ask me this plan of Maya's will crash and burn.

Also for Tatsuya to truly be able to fall in love with someone, he needs to regain the emotions that he lost or otherwise a true romantic relationship is impossible for him.

The Mayumi ship(or any other ship for that matter) has not sunken yet.
-MahesvaraOct 15, 2015 1:25 PM
My Queens

Nov 24, 2015 12:02 PM

Aug 2008
Ugh, this novel really hit bottom with a very loud thud. I was trying to overlook the incest subplot as a common otaku pandering (even new Utawarerumono fell victim to it) but it's just disgusting. To make things worse, Miyuki is a horrible and bland character. I was hoping the author will do something with her to make it more bearable or maybe even show her growing out of that sick obsession with Tatsuya but this was ridiculous. I don't really feel like reading any more, it will probably only get worse.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Feb 26, 2017 8:56 PM

Jan 2015
still rooting for mayumi
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 17, 2017 5:50 AM

Aug 2013
Some revelation in this volume. Some branch family members wanted to kill Tatsuya when he was born because they feared him.

That 'revelation' from Maya about Tatsuya being her son shocked me for quite a bit since it makes him and Miyuki cousins but it was a lie since biologically they are siblings. I was surprised the she considers Tatsuya as a son, at least 'spiritually'.

Seems like the Ichijou disagree with Tatsuya's and Miyuki's engagement.

Nov 30, 2017 3:28 PM
Sep 2009
Antanaru said:
Ugh, this novel really hit bottom with a very loud thud. I was trying to overlook the incest subplot as a common otaku pandering (even new Utawarerumono fell victim to it) but it's just disgusting. To make things worse, Miyuki is a horrible and bland character. I was hoping the author will do something with her to make it more bearable or maybe even show her growing out of that sick obsession with Tatsuya but this was ridiculous. I don't really feel like reading any more, it will probably only get worse.

If You think about it carefully incest was made disgusting and is frowned upon is just because children from such relationships have a really high probability to have disabilities. But if you can proof that their children won't be disabeled because of it. I don't see any problem at all.

Currently Tatsuya isn't even able to feel romantic love. And I think before any Love-Making will be done he will regain his emotions maybe because of love? or mabe miyukis death? For me it seems like Miyuki is also the key to Tatsuyas emotions.
Aug 19, 2020 11:15 AM
Jul 2019
Well...that was...something

And you thought the LN couldn't get any more absurd, of course they had to pull the "We're actually cousins therefore we can fuck." cliche. How are they cousins exactly? I mean, they both have the same parents, it's just that Miyuki was biologically modified so they're still siblings genetically. I don't know why Japan accepted cousins to be married, that's just wrong. My Mayumi x Tatsuya ship and/or Lina x Tatsuya ship has gone overboard.

But you know what ship also sunk? Masaki x Miyuki LMAO! He was so upset that they disagreed with the events that happened in the meeting.

So I guess what made them cousins is because of Maya proclaiming Tatsuya as her son spiritually, but that's just way superficial. You know, I would feel better if what Maya said about her being his mom for real by using her own egg was true. They're still siblings with the exception that they can have sex without any problems on the child's end due to Miyuki's condition. But what I'm really curious is about Maya's character. She seems really interesting and I'm looking forward to what she'll do in the future.

You know what else I'm looking forward to? The aftermath of this event. I really don't know what to feel about this chapter, it was really absurd. You thought OreImo was like that? No no no.
Jul 31, 2021 5:49 PM
Jul 2019
bjjjg said:
Antanaru said:

If You think about it carefully incest was made disgusting and is frowned upon is just because children from such relationships have a really high probability to have disabilities. But if you can proof that their children won't be disabeled because of it. I don't see any problem at all.

Currently Tatsuya isn't even able to feel romantic love. And I think before any Love-Making will be done he will regain his emotions maybe because of love? or mabe miyukis death? For me it seems like Miyuki is also the key to Tatsuyas emotions.

are you serious? that's just sick
Nov 6, 2021 8:55 AM
Nov 2021
I wanted to see what other people thought after Maya dropped that bomb… so I’m assuming every one believes her? I didn’t believe her but I wanted to because I really wanted Miyuki and Tatsuya to be together. Now, I’m definitely anti-incest but it’s so hard to not want them together! And I’m trying to tell myself at least they’re not siblings, but being cousins doesn’t really help or change the fact… Ahhhh! This manga messes with my emotions and makes me feel very conflicted. That’s how good it is!
Jun 21, 2022 9:30 AM
Mar 2016
wwkatread said:
I wanted to see what other people thought after Maya dropped that bomb… so I’m assuming every one believes her? I didn’t believe her but I wanted to because I really wanted Miyuki and Tatsuya to be together. Now, I’m definitely anti-incest but it’s so hard to not want them together! And I’m trying to tell myself at least they’re not siblings, but being cousins doesn’t really help or change the fact… Ahhhh! This manga messes with my emotions and makes me feel very conflicted. That’s how good it is!

What's wrong with incest ? People are fine with gay and lesbian but having a problem accepting incest ?
Jul 11, 2022 10:50 AM

Nov 2020
Kirito_Alsufi said:
wwkatread said:

What's wrong with incest ? People are fine with gay and lesbian but having a problem accepting incest ?

Exactly my point, Plus it's anime, not at all real characters, just let anime stay anime !

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Volume 32 Discussion

Syureria - Oct 12, 2020

19 by StarZone1 »»
Aug 2, 2023 9:52 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Volume 24 Discussion

Zaphkiel_El_Rem - Sep 21, 2018

2 by StarZone1 »»
Jul 22, 2023 10:22 PM

» English translations

dadroo - Jan 26, 2023

2 by dadroo »»
Jan 26, 2023 2:36 AM

» [spoiler] Shiba Tatsuya & Miyuki

Syureria - Aug 25, 2020

16 by zensh »»
Jul 11, 2022 10:52 AM

» The Charm of Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

Dloplor - Apr 18, 2022

0 by Dloplor »»
Apr 18, 2022 1:36 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.