Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 12, 2015 1:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, apparently the name "Jack Atlas" is very famous in their world. The Duel King...

I think the episode did a decent job to set up events. And lol, Yuya on a duel runner. Really glad to see Jack's voice in the stadium though. I also thought he has a good commanding presence whenever he goes. This bought back the Yugioh 5d's nostologia...

Oh yeah, I noticed that Jack's duel runner is slightly modified from the one I remembered; more blue and white colors? The duel itself seems exciting. Yuya using pendulum and fusion combo for Rune Eyes. Nice. Poor Yuya though...lost D:
Stark700Jul 12, 2015 1:58 AM
Jul 12, 2015 5:58 AM

Jun 2013
New red demon is so great.

Hmm, main characters haven't been strong as 3 previous seasons (DM, GX, 5Ds)
Yuya lost too quick and too easy. But i still like the world of Yugi oh with brand new cards.
Look for new episode.
ryanstrikeJul 12, 2015 6:18 AM
Jul 12, 2015 6:08 AM

Aug 2012
wow another red demon dragon!!! will they make one for stardust even he's not in the show right now?

i guess i better watch the new episodes now lol

But you'll still take damage!
Jul 12, 2015 2:40 PM

Dec 2013
Daaaang that was suck a quick duel, I'm surprised Yuuya lost so easily lol.
I think the synchro fans will love this new season with new synchro cards releasing and new versions of their favorite 5D's drangon cards.

"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
-Oreki Houtarou
Jul 12, 2015 7:43 PM
Dec 2008
As expected of the King himself.

Never was surprised when Yuya lost just like that when he's gotta pull more than just entertainment dueling to win.
Jul 13, 2015 6:12 AM

Feb 2012
4/5

The duel itself was interesting, but this episode made me REALLY hate Melissa. I mean, aren't announcers supposed to be impartial? Needs to stop fangirling, that's what the crowd is for.

And there was never any doubt that Yuya would lose. It's bloody Jack Atlas.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Jul 13, 2015 7:40 AM
Mar 2013
May be my favorite Arc-V episode so far. Jack is a freaking boss, beat Yuya like he was nothing. Then again what did you expect from the King himself. If that person behind the Security leader is who I think it is, I'm even more hyped (those who have seen 5D's Dark Signer arc know who I am talking about). Melissa did get on my nerves with her attitude, and I honestly don't like her compared to the 5D's speaker tournament guy. The preview kinda made me groan a bit, I mean Yuya tries to make it look like Jack is making fun of his Dueling, even though Jack didn't and just has a different opinion about his Dueling (and there was no reason to suddendly bring up his Father when what Jack is saying has to do with Yuya).
RoychopJul 13, 2015 4:11 PM
Jul 13, 2015 7:53 AM

Jul 2010
I don't understand why everyone always says ''entertainment'' or ''egao''(even Jack, himself said). Ok, everyone's smile is the main plot to be able to defeate enemies, but I think it doesn't work out everytime. That'd not to be enough reason. How could Yuya enjoy when his friends taken away and missed Yuzu all the time. Does he smile/enjoy for their sake while dueling? Besides, much pressure can't make him smile. Someone must've given different reasons why he couldn't win against strong duelists.
I hope Yuya'll develop enough to defeat much stronger duelists. He has an amazing deck, but he lacks of something not only smiles.
Jul 13, 2015 9:46 AM

Jul 2015
Yuya should have won the duel. When Jack went to activate his face down trap card, Reject Reborn, Rune Eyes' attack should not have been negated due to the Pendulum effect of Timegazer Magician, which returns trap cards to face down set position once per turn. The attack should have continued, and Yuya should have won.
Jul 13, 2015 10:29 AM

Feb 2012
Bill_the_Cat said:
Yuya should have won the duel. When Jack went to activate his face down trap card, Reject Reborn, Rune Eyes' attack should not have been negated due to the Pendulum effect of Timegazer Magician, which returns trap cards to face down set position once per turn. The attack should have continued, and Yuya should have won.

That's if a Pendulum monster is attacking. Rune-Eyes is a fusion monster.

Jul 13, 2015 10:44 AM

May 2009
I can't believe how strong the new Red Dragon Archfiend card is; I wanna get it when it comes out! I think everyone predicted that Yuya lost. What's interesting is what will happen in the next episode. Will Jack show some sympathy when he sees the city officials attempt to cart Yuya and friends away? We'll see...
Jul 13, 2015 11:19 AM

Jul 2015
EHero09 said:
Bill_the_Cat said:

That's if a Pendulum monster is attacking. Rune-Eyes is a fusion monster.
Ah, yeah. I forgot that he isn't a pendulum monster, even though he has it in his name.
Jul 13, 2015 1:00 PM

Jun 2013

Absolute Power Force Dragon

Very glad yuya lose
I hate that fucking smile and his pendulum overpower summon
Jul 13, 2015 1:28 PM

Mar 2013
I'm so entertained by how amazed the crowd was that Jack managed to "master action cards" so quickly. Ah yes, the difficult move that involves picking up a card and then activating it. I just don't know how he managed it.
Jul 13, 2015 2:35 PM

Feb 2012
straggy said:
I'm so entertained by how amazed the crowd was that Jack managed to "master action cards" so quickly. Ah yes, the difficult move that involves picking up a card and then activating it. I just don't know how he managed it.

I personally think it's more of home team bias. Note the difference in reaction between when Yuya used one and when Jack used one.

Jul 13, 2015 2:56 PM

Mar 2012
myd10oz said:
I don't understand why everyone always says ''entertainment'' or ''egao''(even Jack, himself said). Ok, everyone's smile is the main plot to be able to defeate enemies, but I think it doesn't work out everytime. That'd not to be enough reason. How could Yuya enjoy when his friends taken away and missed Yuzu all the time. Does he smile/enjoy for their sake while dueling? Besides, much pressure can't make him smile. Someone must've given different reasons why he couldn't win against strong duelists.
I hope Yuya'll develop enough to defeat much stronger duelists. He has an amazing deck, but he lacks of something not only smiles.
It's very in character for Jack though. This is what he always do as a King. This duel also is same with his duel vs Mukuro in 5D's.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jul 13, 2015 4:45 PM

Aug 2014
Yuya lost as expected. I'm actually rooting for him there.
Decent duel. Yuya didn't make any bad play, but he could at least try getting any Action cards like Mirror Barrier or Avoid to survive Jack's last turn. Guess plot armor is not with him this time.

Anyway, the guy behind Jean actually make me curious.. He does looks like Barret, the guy from Fusion Dimension? Synchro counterpart?
Jul 13, 2015 5:16 PM

Feb 2010
Need Reiji vs King now *-*
Stop the sequels high-ranking stupidity.
Group franchises in Top Anime page.
Because Gintama is just "one" anime and not 5.
Jul 13, 2015 5:17 PM

Jan 2014
That was a very good duel. Jack's bad attitude is worse than the original with that prophecy and stuff, he is just like the pinnacle of all meta mentality that plays the game competitively on real life. Arrogance and uncaring beyond boundaries that only cares about curb-stomping opposition and crushing them beneath your foot.

Yuya put a good fight, but yeah obv his perspective of dueling will be clashed with others, and that is refreshing to see. And Scar-Right is abusive as hell, anime-wise that thing is a walking OTK.

Kay_Lite said:
Yuya lost as expected. I'm actually rooting for him there.
Decent duel. Yuya didn't make any bad play, but he could at least try getting any Action cards like Mirror Barrier or Avoid to survive Jack's last turn. Guess plot armor is not with him this time.

Anyway, the guy behind Jean actually make me curious.. He does looks like Barret, the guy from Fusion Dimension? Synchro counterpart?
Actually that there looks like a Dark Signer.
Jul 13, 2015 6:41 PM
Jul 2010
myd10oz said:

Finally, thank you. I've been waiting for other people to come out and say that yuya's reason for dueling is just plain stupid. Yugi dueled because it was to save the world, Judai dueled because dueling is just fun for him, but yuya duels to bring smiles to people? what the hell is that!?

If anything Judai's fun dueling should bring way more smiles to people than what Yuya does with his entertainment dueling.
Jul 13, 2015 7:41 PM
Mar 2013
shounenotaku said:
myd10oz said:

Finally, thank you. I've been waiting for other people to come out and say that yuya's reason for dueling is just plain stupid. Yugi dueled because it was to save the world, Judai dueled because dueling is just fun for him, but yuya duels to bring smiles to people? what the hell is that!?

If anything Judai's fun dueling should bring way more smiles to people than what Yuya does with his entertainment dueling.

I don't think it would be so bad, if it was just simply that Yuya wants to bring joy to people by Dueling. But saying he's doing it to make people smile...that's kinda weird hearing him say that. Why does everyone have to smile from his Dueling? You don't always need to smile to show you're enjoying something, and it's stupid how he gets touchy over some people not caring for his way of Dueling or a different opinion about it.
Jul 13, 2015 8:20 PM

Aug 2008
whats wrong with wanting to entertain others with his dueling? it is afterall supose to be a game

Jul 13, 2015 8:55 PM
Mar 2013
Kenju said:
whats wrong with wanting to entertain others with his dueling? it is afterall supose to be a game

Not anymore it's not. Ever since Zexal even normal Duels can hurt them quite a bit. And this episode is no different with Jack sending Yuya flying the heck off his D-Wheel with a direct attack. I think it's odd that nobody has a problem with the fact that their higher ups (in Arc-V and Zexal's universe) have upped the normal Duel damage to where people can now get hurt. I mean I would think many would complain to them about it.
RoychopJul 13, 2015 9:07 PM
Jul 14, 2015 12:42 AM

Jan 2014
Jack is OP.
Jul 14, 2015 3:10 AM

Jul 2010
NeoAnkara said:
myd10oz said:
It's very in character for Jack though. This is what he always do as a King. This duel also is same with his duel vs Mukuro in 5D's.

I forgot about how Jack was as a person
Kenju said:

I don't oppose anything, Yuya's dueling lacks something different than enjoying/smiles.
Jul 14, 2015 3:13 AM

Aug 2009
Kneel before the king! yuya got destroyed as expected
Jul 14, 2015 6:21 AM

Mar 2012
The point is Yuya duel still following his father footstep. He till haven't find what is dueling to him.

This is YGO after all where dueling is equal to ideology and religious.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jul 14, 2015 7:31 AM
Apr 2012
reiji vs king.
obvisly the king will lose..you people dont know how OP reiji is
spoiler/
reiji only lose one and thats from yuri and also defeated king (behiind the movie battle)spoiler/

this is how kamishiro easy way of saying IF yuya defeat yuri by the process of elimination yuya is the strongest. that a big if
right now yuri has all the essence of the alternated dimension yuya i just dont think yuya could defeat yuri.
NekevsJul 14, 2015 7:42 AM
Jul 14, 2015 7:42 AM
Sep 2012
Well what a duel, as expected Jack won, you have to built him up. I don't know what to make of him as a character, he seems to follow Yuya philosophy when it comes to putting on a show, but he doesn't respect Yuya style, calls it self satisfaction, I don't know what he means by that.

I thought Yuya got a little too aggressive, he should have just tried to last 4 turns and get a moral victory, but he went for it and lost, this crowd I have to admit, they are very polite, I thought they were going to boo Yuya out of the building like Fairy Tail on the first day of the grand magic games, but no they were respectful.

I do wonder who that mean guy behind Roger is, perhaps he is the final boss of this arc.
Jul 14, 2015 9:45 AM

May 2015
no jack atlas theme during the duel :( but great episode though its good to see the king again
Jul 14, 2015 2:42 PM
Jul 2015
Good episode. Yuya didn't last long lol. Saw it coming though. Yuya will have fight to the top and face the King again, only this time he'll be even stronger and more determined to win.

Some things I've been wondering about:

1) What is beyond pendulum summon?
2) What effect does Serena's bracelet have?
3) Will there be a Dark Yuya/a dark pendulum summon with dark pendulum cards(possibly the other soul raging inside Yuya - similar to a dark zexal)?
c0rnelJul 14, 2015 4:21 PM
Jul 14, 2015 6:24 PM

Feb 2014
Yes, this was a cool episode Jack really deserve the title king.
Yuzu was pretty dumb for recognizing Yuuya for real by his pendulum monsters AFTER she saw him on the D-Wheel and Melissa announcing his name.
The duel was really short but still enjoyable.
BTW, how many times did Yuuya lost now ? Probably the highest number out of all YGO protagonists.
Jul 14, 2015 8:05 PM

Dec 2012
i think Yuma and Jaden had a fair amount of lossess too

fun fact: Yuya defeated so far by two king (Reiji) and (Jack)
although Reiji is not declared king but his duel style and chant always indulging king
Jul 14, 2015 8:10 PM

Aug 2009
If Yuya had not Fusion Summoned immediately, he could have won utilizing his Pendulum card effects.
Jul 14, 2015 10:08 PM

Dec 2011
Glad to see Jack duel again and it's good to see Crow. I wasn't too into the first season but now that they're in the Synchro Dimension it's been great.
Jul 15, 2015 7:37 AM

May 2011
please dont make the next episode about training for yuya,
just change the main character to jack already!
Jul 15, 2015 9:19 AM

Jul 2015
Hidayat246 said:

Absolute Power Force Dragon

Very glad yuya lose
I hate that fucking smile and his pendulum overpower summon

It isn't at all OP. It has been stolen, sealed, and used like a cheap cigar. Everyone and their brother can take advantage of it because the monsters are all special summons.
Jul 15, 2015 12:50 PM

Jun 2011
I expected nothing less from Gilga- Jack Atlas, that duel was epic.

I guess they're saving Hot Red Dragon Archfiend Belial for another duel.
Jul 15, 2015 10:19 PM

Aug 2009
Jack just had the duty to teach them what a True King should be. Let's admit it, Standard dimension's level of Duel King has fallen so significantly to just the level of Strong Ishijima.
Jul 16, 2015 6:17 AM

Aug 2010
F_Bernkastel said:
I expected nothing less from Gilga- Jack Atlas, that duel was epic.

I guess they're saving Hot Red Dragon Archfiend Belial for another duel.

I don't think Belial will be featured in the anime. That's manga counterpart and I'm sure something equivalent to Red Nova Dragon will show up instead because of Red Demon's identity effect.
Jul 16, 2015 1:24 PM
Jul 2015
LastIllusion said:
Yes, this was a cool episode Jack really deserve the title king.
Yuzu was pretty dumb for recognizing Yuuya for real by his pendulum monsters AFTER she saw him on the D-Wheel and Melissa announcing his name.
The duel was really short but still enjoyable.
BTW, how many times did Yuuya lost now ? Probably the highest number out of all YGO protagonists.

Yuya lost 2 times but previously had a shitty win/loss ratio as told in the early episodes. Atemu/Yugi lost a few as well but Dartz won the most
c0rnelJul 16, 2015 2:00 PM
Aug 10, 2015 4:21 AM

Jan 2013
Pretty cool episode, kinda figured he would lose this match.
I'm sure he'll make it up by fighting him in the final again (since he's probably making it to the finals anyway)
Aug 11, 2015 10:54 PM
Oct 2013
seriously, jack won because yuya jumped the gun. if he'd simply summoned odd-eyes and dark rebellion, instead of fusing, he would have won that match easily with the protection effects of his pendelum monsters. but i like that about this episode. anybody irl who duels, probably got a winning strategy in their heads from the second he filled his field off the pendulum summon, but it shows him as an imperfect character, and i'm actually okay with that.
vlaineAug 23, 2015 7:00 PM
yep. I Have no idea what I'm doing, but I enjoy my life all the more because of it.
Aug 14, 2015 11:08 AM

Oct 2014
Technically, Yuya should have won even with Rune-Eyes, as Rune-Eyes is unaffected by other card effects the turn it is Fusion Summoned using a Pendulum Summoned monster as Material.
Aug 14, 2015 1:52 PM

Jul 2015
RayofVictory said:
Technically, Yuya should have won even with Rune-Eyes, as Rune-Eyes is unaffected by other card effects the turn it is Fusion Summoned using a Pendulum Summoned monster as Material.

Reject Reborn isn't an effect monster, it is a trap card. It was the perfect card to play based on Yuya's defense. Plot point FTW.
Aug 15, 2015 12:01 AM

Oct 2014
Bill_the_Cat said:
RayofVictory said:

Reject Reborn isn't an effect monster, it is a trap card. It was the perfect card to play based on Yuya's defense. Plot point FTW.

Unaffected by other card effects includes monsters, spells and traps, so Jack shouldn't be able to negate the attack with anything
Aug 18, 2015 10:44 AM

Jul 2015
RayofVictory said:
Bill_the_Cat said:

Unaffected by other card effects includes monsters, spells and traps, so Jack shouldn't be able to negate the attack with anything

The card's effects are not the same in the anime.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Rune-Eyes_Pendulum_Dragon_(anime)

If this card was Fusion Summoned using a Spellcaster-Type monster you control as a Fusion Material Monster, apply the following effect, based on the original Level of that monster.
● Level 4 or lower: This card can make up to 2 attacks on monsters during each Battle Phase.
● Level 5 or 6: This card can make up to 3 attacks on monsters during each Battle Phase.
● Level 7 or higher: This card can make up to 5 attacks on monsters during each Battle Phase.
Sep 25, 2015 9:38 AM

Mar 2014
"Bow down to the king"

That's right. Beat some ass, Jack lol
Oct 16, 2015 9:53 PM

Apr 2007
Ahh now I better understand why they chose Jack to be in this series. While entertaining wasn't exactly a huge part of his character, he did boast that all the time as duel king. Hopefully Yuya won't be too emo after this :v
I personally would like to see Shun duel Jack....favorite badass characters ftw

valkyrus said:
no jack atlas theme during the duel :(
Too bad we probably won't hear it at all in this show, it's one of my favorite themes.
Mar 6, 2016 9:22 PM

Dec 2012
Melissa Claire is BACK!!!!! *takes out lotion* DAT ASS! LOL That one dude with the binoculars was most likely checking her out. I'd be disappointed if he wasn't.

Jack, but not our 5D's Jack is HERE! He reminds me of the original as expected. Of course Yuya would get rekt. If Judai couldn't beat a clone of Kaiba known as Kaibaman then Yuya had no chance. Should have been Reiji vs Jack. Rival vs Rival.

Jack possibly the greatest duelist of all time? lol

Ah! Just another episode reminding folks of their theories being wrong. lol

Yuya hit his head first on that fall yet will remain unharmed. Even Heero Yuy didn't come out clean after his fall. lol
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 142 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2017

13 by zombiesaredead »»
Apr 30, 11:07 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 136 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2016

32 by zombiesaredead »»
Apr 29, 1:58 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 118 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2016

36 by zombiesaredead »»
Apr 25, 3:26 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 143 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2017

18 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 18, 1:54 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 137 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2017

30 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 17, 6:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.