Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 6, 2015 10:14 AM
Jul 2018
Tuesday, November 20, 2018

“Word about the abandoned amusement park in Rakuneme consisting of a massive wild beast is spreading around. Tourists have recently gone missing as well, so I want you two to investigate the area to see if the rumors are valid.”
“As you wish sir,” replied Yano to Zarenko obediently, “by the way, where’s Shine?”
“He’s taking a week off from work.”
Only Yano and Mark are available for these missions right now.
“Come to think of it,” intervened Mark, “Shine has always been working so hard that he’d never take a single break. How did you convince him?”
“He listened to what I had to say, but enough of that.” Zarenko gave them a sheet curled up in a roll. “Here’s a map, whatever you do, don’t cause any disturbance when you arrive at the park.”
“Why?” Mark asked.
But Yano stopped him there. “It’s best if we follow his instructions, Mark. We wouldn’t want to anger it.”
Yano does have more knowledge about all kinds of animals. Zarenko remarked. “Off you go now.”
Both of them left the office, leaving Zarenko feeling dull.
Well those two are gone for a while, and Stein’s researching a facility in Osaka. Haahhhh, it’s really boring being an old man.
“So what’s there for me to do in the snow?” he wondered while looking at the snow falling from the sky.
It was snowing a lot with the cold wind brushing against the knight. All Shine wore for this kind of weather was a black hoodie with fur lined on both the hood and the bottom of the hoodie.
It’s not like I can feel snow touching me…
His train of thought was interrupted by the sound of a voice… the voice of a female angel.
~Tsuki ga umi ni mieru~
Am I hearing sounds from the wind, or I’m just hearing things?
~Yoru no keihatsu~
I am hearing a song. It’s coming from the park.
The knight walked down the lane as the wonderful, yet mysterious piece of sound was becoming louder.
~Yami o hanarete tamotsu
Yūgana hoshi~
I’m getting closer.
~Ā hikari no megami
Watashitachi ni michi o shimeshite kudasai
Subete han'ei kanōsei ga ari~
When he came to the source, he saw a girl of his age standing on a stone singing. Shine thought of her as a blue beautiful sight in the snow with glamorous eyes.
Singing in the cold? Shine thought as the girl noticed him.
“Oh, you were listening, weren’t you?” she asked cheerfully.
“Yes,” he answered calmly, “it sounded graceful.”
“Thanks. Are you around from here?”
“I work nearby.”
“I see, oh! Pardon me for not introducing myself. My name is Miri Sayao, what’s your name?"
Even her smile made him space out for a moment. What am I dozing off for?!
“Shine Sotere, pleased to meet you,” greeted the knight.
“Shine, huh?” She was curious about that name. “I think I’ve heard about you before. Are you that “Knight Shine” people are talking about?
This was no surprise to Shine. “I am.”
“A boy like you is famous around Japan,” Miri told him, “even criminals are aiming for you.”
At least it explains why I had a bunch on my trail. He recalled. “I wouldn’t exactly call myself famous, and that’s MAN to you. I'm 18.”
“Oh, of course, and it's true, many people never want anything to do with you.”
Shine felt insulted. “Then you should get away from me as soon as possible. Otherwise, you’ll get involved in my blood pond.”
“It’s okay, I don’t mind a—.” She stopped after seeing Shine walking away becoming baffled at his behavior. “Hey! Where are you going?”
“Somewhere,” said Shine frankly.
“Then do you mind if I tag along with you?”
Shine wasn’t sure her coming along, though reluctantly, the knight agreed to hang out with Miri for a while. He wasn’t very good at getting along with many citizens because of his nature.
Miri, on the other hand, didn’t show fear as the two of them went sightseeing around tranquil areas, playing in the snow where the two was playing target throwing snowballs at one another. Shine wasn’t really sure how snowball really works, but treated the game as training, and won with more shots being thrown at his female enemy in the game.
Miri saw a different side of the merciless knight up to the point where she began cuddling around Shine with her arms wrapped around one of his arms softly. This made him think that this was starting to become like a date, he’s even embarrassed by how he’s being treated. Slowly, he started to enjoy all of the moments.
This… has never happened before. I never felt such a warm feeling. He thought.
“Is something wrong, Shine?” Miri asked with a smile.
“No, but I’ve never had a great time like this, especially with a lively girl like you.”
Miri felt flattered and happy hearing those words from him. “You think so?”
They were looking into each other’s eyes until Miri started blushing as she turned her head away to hide her face from a confused Shine.
“So,” said Shine breaking the silence, “what do you want to do next?”
“How about we go to an amusement park?”
“Remember, I could get into a lot of trouble at any time,” reminded the knight, “so are you still willing to follow me?”
“There’s no need for me to worry, after all, I have you around to protect me,” Miri declared cheerfully.
Shine was surprised to that coming from someone else. No one outside, or inside the organization, spoke so kindly or would even come close to him. Never had he shown such a bright, calm smile.
“What kind of amusement park do you want to go to?”
“We’ll go look for one, come on!”
She grabbed her knight’s hand dragging him along while they both ran.
“Yes, they would also stalk their prey silently.”
“You thinking what I’m thinking.”
“Oh yeah,” Yano replied readying his gun.
BANG! The bear that got in close range from behind them was shot down by Yano’s pistol.
“Something’s not right,” Yano noted, “this area should’ve been purified by now, and look.”
Many corpses were lying on the floor.
“That can’t be good. Could there be more than just one hiding?” analyzed Mark.
“More importantly, is it not here?” Yano wondered.
“A wild boar!” the girl exclaimed before the knight placed her down.
“Stay back Miri,” he called out. I’m not going to let her become forest meat.
He was about to pull out his sword.
“I’ll handle i—.”
Miri rushed past him preparing the needles she’s holding. She got close enough to throw a knife under the boar, and then jumped before she launched the needles into a star-shaped figure surrounding the beast as she looked down upon it.
This attack formation was only known to Shine himself.
The Inferno Ring Seal!!
“Leave no fang in the flames!” Miri chanted.
Flames erupted from the seal causing the boar let out a loud roar being engulfed in the attack.
Her reflexes are very impressive. Shine was amazed by her demonstration with the inferno dying out along with boar falling onto his side. He spotted her landing on a branch, then seeing her smile once more.
“Did you like that, Shine?” she asked.
“Definitely,” Shine nodded.
Everything looked alright for a minute there, suddenly, a weird figure approached Miri from behind. Dark mist?
“Watch out Miri!” called out Shine.
“Ah!!”
The tentacle attacked and stripped the surprised fighter of her equipment.
“Crap!”
Miri couldn’t do anything in mid-air, so she was going to be killed by the mysterious tentacle. It was using every amount of its energy to suck the life out of the girl.
“Nghh!!” She was in big trouble now. What should I do?!
However, Shine was able to cut off the end of the tentacle that’s squeezing Miri. Once she was in his arms safely, he located the source of the dark mist. The boar that was supposed to be killed was still alive, just barely.
“This should finish you off!!”
With one slash the beast had split in half. Shine and Miri were on the ground. Miri was still alright, a little fatigue, but was okay nonetheless when she opened her eyes. Then out of the boar came light. He felt the large amount of vital forces.
“Could this be…?” wondered Shine.
He was right, that is stolen bio-energy that was drained from a magnitude of people. The energy headed toward Rakuneme while one small fragment remained in front of Shine as it sunk through Miri’s chest.
“How are you feeling?” Shine asked her after seeing the fragment return to Miri.
Wearily, Miri smiled. “I’ll be fine, thanks to you, my knight and shining armor.”
Shine felt relieved to see that she’s okay even though she was too tired to move.
“People may fear you, but you’ll be remembered as a hero.”
“Remembered, huh?”
This came biting down on Shine’s neck since he didn’t know a lot about his memory.
“Is something wrong?” asked Miri.
Shine couldn’t say much. “Oh, well, no.”
“Come on now, tell me.”
“There are some things in my memory that I can never keep track of.”
Miri thought that she said too much. She could understand how he was feeling, so she wanted to cheer him up. “I think I could move, so you can let go of me now.”
“You’re sure?”
“Yes, I promised you that we’re going to an amusement park. Since Rakuneme is close by, what do you think?”
She put a smile on his face.
“Fine by me,” agreed the knight.
“Yes, her name’s Miri Sayao. Miri, this is Mark and Yano, I work with them at Headquarters.”
“Pleased to meet you both,” Miri said greeting them warmly.
Mark and Yano were definitely surprised to see Shine with an outsider.
“You do know who he is, right?”
“Cut that out, Mark!” interrupted Yano. “You shouldn’t try to scare her.”
But the innocent girl didn’t mind. “Oh don’t worry. I know a lot about Knight Shine here.”
Once again the boys were shocked to find out that someone would hang out with someone as merciless as the Shine.
“In fact, we’re on a date.”
“Ehhh?!” said Mark and Yano truly shocked to hear this.
Even Shine didn’t expect to hear her to say that. Mark was envious of him for dating a cute girl.
Mark offered the knight a high five. “You didn’t tell us that you know a quicker way to a maiden’s heart.”
“Don’t worry. Mark and I will be around in the park, but we won’t get in your way.” Yano said to the knight.
“Now that you mention it,” Mark stated, “something strange happened before you came here. We were taking care of an investigation, and then out of nowhere light just flew by spreading around the unconscious people. They were asking themselves what happened, believing that something put them to sleep momentarily, but we didn’t do anything to save them honestly.”
“That was bio-energy that was released from the dark mist within a wild boar,” recalled Shine.
“Is that so?” Yano asked him curiously.
“It’s true, Yano. Shine and I were nearby a while ago, and we got ambushed. I had a segment of it taken away from me, but I saw a glimpse of his heroism.”
Mark was staring at Shine with jealousy. “Once again, you’re taking all of the work for yourself.”
“I’ll put in good word that you have taken care of business here.”
“You don’t have to do that, Yano,” Shine told him.
“Don’t care! Come on Mark, let’s go now!”
Mark walked up to Miri. “You’ll have to excuse our partner, Yano is jealous that he couldn’t get a chance to ask a certain girl out.”
He took the sheath containing Shine’s sword before leaving while saying bye to her and Shine. “Have fun with your date, knight boy!”
“Uh wait a min—.” said Shine.
“Shall we go in, Shine?” Miri asked him.
The cheerful look on Miri’s face flustered boy had forgotten about being a bit mad, and he simply smiled.
“You bet.”
Despite having a few people recognize this brutal knight is while giving him a cold look with nothing but contempt for him, the amusement park didn’t seem bad to Shine.
They did everything from playing games at around a few spots that involved, with Miri gaining the upper hand in one of them, to eating dumplings together as Shine bought a few for himself and for Miri, and onto riding the bright Ferris wheel at night where the two would end up last for the night.
Miri was happy with this moment. “The view up here is beautiful, don’t you think?”
“It sure is,” replied his date.
I’ve never met someone like her before. She’s talented for a normal girl, kind-hearted to a mean guy like me, and she’s—
When he turned his head towards Miri…
Shine’s observant expression was visible to the girl. “What is it?”
“The view from up here really is fascinating with two people.”
“Hmm, yes it is.”

“What is it?”
“Not many people give me this treatment… they just push their selves away from me or never respond to me. You, on the other hand, didn’t show fear or bitter coldness, even after what happened. Why would you care about me?”
“Because…” Just then, Miri’s lips were softly pressed onto Shine’s lips by surprise.
“… I have a thing for boys like you.”
The knight was rendered speechless for a few seconds, then his eyes widened in annoyance.
“What was that just now?!” responded Shine
“What was what just now?” she giggled.
Miri laughed with excitement. She blushed from the action, but felt pleased with herself.
“On the other hand,” reconsidered Zarenko, “you actually did something else for once, especially with that date you had. Who knew you were good with pleasing a girl.”
“Sh-shut up,” Shine stuttered. But deep down, he felt so happy for the first time.
“And as I said before, you were to expect something when you came back.”
Oh that’s right. I had forgotten all about it.
Shine pulled out his sword pointing the tip of the blade towards the gentleman. He actually misinterpreted what he meant.
“Whoa,” Zarenko said, “no need to get violent, boy.”
“When it comes down to business between the both of us, I have to be prepared for what you’ve got in stored for me.”
“What I meant is that there would be news, and that you should hear it.”
“Oh?” he grinned.
“Good morning, Master Zarenko,” spoke a voice.
That voice got Shine’s attention. He turned around to see a certain fan. “Miri… Master?!”
“Good to see you again, Shine,” said Miri cheerfully.
“Miri came here a year before you decided to work for me. She left for quite some time to do something important, but now she’s back. I guess you can say she’s treating you like her kōhai,” laughed the boss.
“Now, now, Master. You shouldn’t tease the boy, even though I know more about weapons and skills than him.”
This made the boy to burst out in anger comically. “I was the one who finish that monster off!”
“But you were too slow to start,” spoke his sempai.
Shine could not believe his ears. He expected those jokes to come from Zarenko, but not from Miri.
“But the truth is I let myself get trapped to see if you’re as good as our boss says.” Miri grinned. “And my expectations were met: I knew that you would take that beast down.”
“Anyways,” continued Zarenko, “there’s more for me to say. Mark and Yano told me about your work yesterday. As of now, Miri will be working with you as your partner from now on.”
“Very well, sir.”
“Miri,” he addressed to her, “you will also live with Shine in his apartment.”
“Yes, master.”
“Wait a min—!” called out Shine.
“That’s settled then. You may return to your week-off now,” finished the head honcho.
“… Thank you for yesterday, Miri-sempai.”
“Don’t call me by that. Just call me ‘Miri’.”
“But—.”
“Thank me again in the manner I want you to use.”
He’s still being treated like a kōhai being ordered around.
“T-thanks… Miri,” reworded the young man.
“My pleasure, so shall we go to your place first, my knight and shining armor?” The kind girl smiled with joy.
Although this was sounded a little silly to the knight, he decided to play along.
“As you wish my dear princess,” answered Miri’s new knight.
They both cheerfully ran to Shine’s place as the snow gently flows from the sky. Could this lead Shine to a bright road?
Splash! A bucket of water was thrown on Shine’s head making him jump out of his bed all wet.
Shine asked, “What just happened?!”
“You need to get up early if you don’t want Master Zarenko to give you more work that you can’t keep on your hands all by yourself,” Miri patted his shoulder.
“The more work there is, the better.”
She sighed, “You’re too caught up in work. Have you ever considered taking a rest every once in a while?”
“Nope,” Shine yawned.
“Just get dressed now. I’ll be outside waiting for you.”
Miri left Shine alone to get himself dressed, he was still trying to get used to living with someone for once.
“Good to have company.” He said with annoyance.
At least she isn’t sleeping in the same bed as me.
Several minutes later, he was ready to get to the headquarters. Miri was playing with a few kids outside when Shine came along.
“You ready to go?”
“Yes,” she smiled.
Then a little girl called out to her, “It was fun seeing you again, Miri.”
“Come by our house sometimes,” said a little boy
“I will Kain,” replied Miri.
Normally, Shine wasn’t interested in speaking with little boys and girls, but he decided to talk to a few just this once. “You know these kids?”
“Yep, this is Kain and Yuki: they’re twins. I met them a long time ago.”
The little girl looked up at Shine, wondering how he knows Miri.
“Miri, is he your boyfriend?”
Shine’s left eye squinted hearing what he didn’t want to hear.
“In a way, we live in the same place since he was kind enough to offer me a place to stay in.”
“Oh, how sweet of him!”
“Kids, it’s time to go,” called out a voice from the side.
Their mother had called them from the car. Shine was relieved to see the kids go away and the teasing ended.
“Oh, Miri, good to see you again!”
“And it’s a pleasure to meet you, Mrs. Tanei, you look splendid,” replied Shine’s “princess”
“Thank you, dear. It seems that you also have a date to look forward to with that knight over there.”
Is everyone actually serious about this? The knight asked himself.
Mrs. Tanei came in close to Miri, and whispered to her.
“The kids don’t know who Shine is, but once he turns over a new leaf, they’ll certainly idolize him. He might even take a liking to you, good luck.”
“Thank you.”
The mother left with her children waving goodbye to Miri and Shine.
“So shall we get going, Shine?”
“I’m ready to go now,” he replied.
“Relaxing... Flirting with a waitress and you were turned down with whip cream on your face.”
“What I do outside this place is none of your business, flat butt.”
It was one big mistake Yano will regret, Naomi head-butted him by surprised and grabbed him by his shirt glaring at Yano.
“How about saying that to my face, four-eyes?”
Then the knight came in saying, “Well, if it isn’t the aggressive couple.”
Shine got their full attention as well as getting them really worked up.
Naomi was the first, “Who would want to date this rude punk?!”
Yano was the second, “Who would want to date this angry gal?!”
They both asked at the exact same time they blushed and turned their heads away from each other.
“Am I interrupting something here?” Miri came in the room and saw them arguing, she hadn’t met Naomi yet, so she was curious.
Shine immediately moved the discussion to Naomi’s introduction.
“I forgot to tell you that there is a new girl working here.”
“The name is Naomi Reyana.”
“I’m Miri Sayao, it’s good to meet a new comer.”
“I heard about you before, you’re quite famous.”
Miri felt flattered while Shine didn’t understand what Naomi is talking about. “Nah, you’re just saying that.”
“No, it’s true. Can you demonstrate some of your moves when you’re able to?”
“Certainly, but right now, I got missions to look forward to with my knight.”
“Is that so? I envy you, you lucky gambler. Shine didn’t tell me that he was such a gentleman.” Naomi seemed to be amazed with her.
Shine didn’t pay much attention to the conversation.
It was almost time for them to get to work, so Shine and Miri went off to look for any available missions to take, Yano and Naomi split up since they can’t stand the sight of each other.
He was ready to bid his friend farewell for now. “That’s my cue, see you later Mark.”
As soon as he walked to the office, there was something wrong with the atmosphere. Yano was eager to leave from the office.
“You can’t hide behind those doors, it’s pointless,” stated the head of this building.
No chance to turn back for Yano. “Damn.”
He didn’t want to, but he was forced to come into see that his meeting won’t go to well.
“I knew I was sensing something bad outside.”
Zarenko had enough of this nonsense. “Stop acting like spoiled brats you two, I got a job for the both of you to do.”
“Fine.”
Both of them moaned with disappointment not wanting to work with each other, yet they can’t simply get out of the teamwork.
“In Taishori, a rundown research facility still contains the remaining research data of biological half-breed eaters, and there’s a chance that they may come to life.”
“So you want us to blow the lab to smithereens, is that it?”
“Correct, Yano. You have a ton of info based off these types, so I want you to help Naomi on this one.”
They were reluctant to do so knowing how it will turn out if it was them working together. To break the silence and tension between them, Zarenko banged his desk with a loud bang, making them listen to him.
“Get moving already!!”
“Yes sir!”
They left the office at once leaving Zarenko by himself. “It’s good to be in charge.”
As they come closer to the facility, Naomi was concerned with the mark on Yano’s left hand, she was sure that she had seen it before.
“Does it bother you?”
“Uh, it’s nothing. But how did you get a freaky mark like that?”
Yano was not interested in talking about it. “It’s a boring story, you wouldn’t like it.”
She kind of understood that it’s not something they should discuss about. “Oh, okay. Anyways, what do you suppose these monsters are like?”
“They feed off humans to steal their blood and add to their own, causing a process of evolution. Through this they grow in size and strength, we have to make sure that they don’t wake up. Destroying them in their sleep would be easy enough to vanquish the whole place.”
“I didn’t know you had so much information stocked up in your mind.”
“This is why Zarenko gives me these kinds of tasks to complete, just like how he allows Shine to do high rank missions for his brutality.”
“But these missions are significant too. To be honest, I was unprepared for this one, without a strategic plan.”
The shooter looked to her with surprise, “Really?”
“Well, I… even asked Sir Zarenko to call you up in order to help me with this job,” she admitted truthfully.
Most of the time, Naomi would never come to him for advice. What seemed like a new bond being formed had changed back to bitter rivalry. After they turned their heads away from each other, a few words of gratitude escaped from Yano’s mouth.
“Thanks.”
The stubborn girl dropped her arrogant attitude, and started to show a bit of her gentle side. Then she noticed something.
“Save that for later, it’s time we waste this place completely”
Yano grinned, seeing some excitement in this mission after all, “Right.”
What stood in their way was a sturdy locked door, and there was nothing else to use as an entrance.
“How are we going to get in?”
“Leave it to me four-eyes.”
She backed up so that she could gain some speed, with one kick, she busted the doors open. The surprised boy stood by amazed with her tackle.
“Nice shot…” he said with a shocked look.
“Thanks, I learned some martial arts techniques, you know.”
The duo observed the inside of the facility to see anything suspicious before destroying everything. The biological eaters were sent into a deep sleep without anything waking them up.
“Is everything safe?”
“Nothing strange, shall we end this?”
“Without a doubt…” he agreed, “Here!”
A gun was tossed to Naomi, but she didn’t understand why Yano would give him one of his best pistols.
“I don’t think I should use this.”
“Of course you should, I know you can handle it as well as I do.”
She always thought that he was a pain to put up with, but she was wrong after socializing with this intelligent boy and getting to know more about him.
“If you believe that I can control your gun, then I’m okay with it.”
Soon, they were turning the lab into a house of rubble. The two teammates were enjoying themselves, even Naomi was actually smiling because of her partner.
Strange, I never imagined that I would have fun with this guy hanging around… maybe I jump the gun too quickly with him just as I do with others.
The facility was finally demolished into pieces, Yano then noticed a mixture of acid and blood.
“We’re not done here just yet.”
“What do you mean?”
The blood along with the acid formed a pond and popped out a giant snake. Naomi shifted herself backwards to dodging the snake’s vicious attempts of capture.
Whipping its tail at the human prey did not achieve much as she continuously evade them.
All of her movements caught Yano’s attention, impressing the former.
Its next move was to trap Naomi by wrapping the tail around her whole body. For a moment, it seemed that she could not escape, fooling the hunter into opening its mouth for its prey to be swallowed through the trachea.
Before it could dive in quickly, Naomi gave the monster a taste of its own blood as she cut several pieces of the tail with one movement of her katana.
The hiss in agony cued Yano to shoot it through its throat. A couple more quick shots had brought the fierce reptile down. Naomi’s eyes were directed towards the quick shooter, she came to realize how cool Yano is.
“Incredible…”
“I didn’t peg you as a dancer.” He smirked
Naomi didn’t know how to respond, she was speechless, but then she smiled warmly, “Mmm… hm… hmhmhmhm…”
“What now?” Yano asked.
Her giggle was starting to feint. “It’s funny how we acted like complete strangers to each other, but we ended up getting along. I’d never guess that we would be playing target together.”
They had become good friends now, but it’s a shame that this wonderful moment suddenly came to an end with the arrival of a mysterious cloaked figure staring down on the duo, ominously.
“I was too late to revive them all.”
As they looked they see the figure standing on top of a branch. “How dare you ruin my plans, children…”
“And just who are you supposed to be?”
“I’m not interested in what you want, so move out of the way big chest.”
Although she was silent, even Yano saw an angry grim reaper inside of her. But that didn’t bother him for long.
That voice…
The curious gunner examined him to look for anything that could be of use. To his surprise, the person covered in the cloak had a mark on his neck similar to the one he had on his left hand.
No way… it can’t be!
Naomi broke free of her anger, and turned to Yano. “Come on, Yano. Let’s deal with him.”
Unfortunately for her, Yano had something else in mind rather than work with her.
“Get out of here, Naomi.”
“And leave you to this guy… He’ll be too much for you to handle on your own.” She was prone to stay by his side.
“I’m warning you to—.”
But she interrupted. “Listen, we don’t know what he’s capable of, so let’s just work together!”
You’re wrong. Yano wanted to say, but couldn’t say it out loud, I’m well aware of what he can do…
“It would be best to take your friend’s advice instead of doing what you want…”
“Gagh,” Suddenly, Naomi’s neck was grabbed tightly as she grasped for air!
“… If you valued your own life,” he smirked.
“Naomi!”
The masked man was draining the energy out of Naomi so quickly she wasn’t able to keep her arms on the tight grip that was choking her.
“That’s… He remembered what Shine told him, Similar to that incident!
“Pity about that worthless boy over there,” he remarked critically, “looks like he’s going to let another precious friend down again.”
Hearing this caused a traumatic flashback to appear in Yano’s mind. In that image was a young being pierced through the chest with a blade. Mentally remorseful, Yano acted quickly by charging at the attacker with his hidden knife sending him flying into a tree.
“Hghn!”
The poor girl who was becoming pale and weak was on the brink of death.
“See you in our third meeting, crybaby.”
As Yano glared above, he was surprised to see that the cloaked man had vanished satisfied with this.
Although Yano couldn’t catch him, he got out his medical kit to treat the unconscious girl right away. He drew a seal mark on his right hand with the Red Cross symbol and got a syringe ready to inject the antidote.
Like hell I’m going to lose another friend! If it’s like what Miri had endured, then there should be a small trace of her spirit.
“Here goes…”
When he got out a bottle filled with holy water, his seal mark glowed luminously, drawing the water onto the palms of his hands. He was ready to heal Naomi as he began to chant holy words. It’s a risk, but he had to go this far by putting his life at stake for his friend.
“The light guides to a prosperous world, and the abyss guides to a war engulfed in malice. Don’t mislead through the path of danger, shield from the darkness- bleegghh!”
At that point, his left eye was feeling pain to the extent where blood poured from his eye socket. Even though he was damaged from the forbidden seal, he knew what was more important, and continued onwards.
“Revive the lost fragment…!”
As her skin grew less pale, her concerned partner placed his head over her to hear the heartbeat sound. He was able to relax for the time being.
“Uhn… Yano?”
As she came to her senses, she saw that Yano wasn’t looking to well.
“What happened to you?”
The only thing that could escape from him was a cough of blood since he used up almost all of his energy to wake Naomi up.
“Yano…?”
Yano’s face slowly ascended to face Naomi, “You… you idiot!”
Naomi felt shocked when he gave her a merciless look, feeling that it was wrong of her to stay in the area. Just then, Yano hold Naomi’s head close to his.
“You should have left when I told you to… Did it ever come to your mind that I didn’t want to lose you?”
… I thought that Yano was only looking out for himself, but he was concerned about my safety. He even went this far to bring me back. I’ve really messed up this time…
“I’m… I’m sorry.”
A teardrop escaped through her right eye. Once things had calmed down between the two sorrowful teammates, they were planning to head back. The exhausted gunner, however, couldn’t move from his spot, so Naomi had to carry him along the way.
Once he left, it was very quiet indeed. The exhausted boy had to go through such a procedure that he’s constantly sweating all over his body. Naomi, feeling terrible, looked away. Yano wasn’t able to sleep seeing her like this.
“You don’t have to be sorry, you know. It was my fault for not—.”
Before finishing his sentence, Naomi said something
“Even if you say it like that, look what happened to you… because I was careless.”
“Look, I don’t say this too often but…” he remembered a bunch of times when he was with Naomi, arguing sometimes, cooperating still, but then his smile could be seen in one of those moments. “I don’t want you to be hurt all of the time.”
Naomi had never known he felt that way about her. She shook her head downwards to hide her disappointment from today. Yano understood that she needs a little more time to forgive herself.
“Thank you… but next time, I’ll be the one to help you.”
“Do your best then.”
“I’ll do your work until you get back on your feet, the least I can do after messing up today…”
“I appreciate that, just stay out of trouble for me, okay?”
“Of course I will.” With that, Naomi left the room.
I was told that there are wonderful things that people strived to protect. Now, I know what it means.. She thought with a new look on her face.
Her face did not hide a trace of confidence.
removed-userAug 20, 2015 9:44 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Introduction ( 1 2 )

Mafortion - Aug 20, 2012

83 by Ganymede1135 »»
Apr 6, 2022 7:53 PM

» Idea: Gauge Girls

SargeB96 - Mar 1, 2017

0 by SargeB96 »»
Mar 1, 2017 5:34 AM

» The Legacy of Dimension Legend

xXFumbiXx - Feb 16, 2016

0 by xXFumbiXx »»
Feb 16, 2016 2:16 PM

» Key and Lock: Chapter 1 and Characters' Introduction

AlyssiaNyaa - Oct 24, 2015

0 by AlyssiaNyaa »»
Oct 24, 2015 5:14 AM

» Knight Shine Chapter 6: Spirits Being Lifted

removed-user - Sep 14, 2015

0 by removed-user »»
Sep 14, 2015 7:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.