Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Gambling Apocalypse Kaiji
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 4, 2015 2:38 AM
Jun 2014
I must say i liked the art style, and i loved the premise of the anime. Problem is that Kaiji despite everything is just the typical shounen main character repackaged and rebranded. The behaveour and outcome of everything is painfully predictible which makes the anime pretty much not enjoyable at all. I did not like how they were explaining the first game as if to a child, and i also did not like how they were visualizing their metaphors all the time.

I'm arrived at episode 13. And this arc has been absolute shit. I was gritting my teeth when the old guy showed up, because i know the main character would throw himself off a cliff if it would help him, if it ever came to that. And i was gritting my teeth even more when the old guy and Sahara joined Kaiji's group. This is just getting silly at this point.
Jul 6, 2015 2:06 PM

Jan 2013
Stormen said:
And i was gritting my teeth even more when the old guy and Sahara joined Kaiji's group. This is just getting silly at this point.

eh .... ok
Jul 25, 2015 7:15 AM
Jan 2014
Stormen said:
I must say i liked the art style, and i loved the premise of the anime. Problem is that Kaiji despite everything is just the typical shounen main character repackaged and rebranded. The behaveour and outcome of everything is painfully predictible which makes the anime pretty much not enjoyable at all. I did not like how they were explaining the first game as if to a child, and i also did not like how they were visualizing their metaphors all the time.

I'm arrived at episode 13. And this arc has been absolute shit. I was gritting my teeth when the old guy showed up, because i know the main character would throw himself off a cliff if it would help him, if it ever came to that. And i was gritting my teeth even more when the old guy and Sahara joined Kaiji's group. This is just getting silly at this point.

And if you had watched one episode more you would have seen that
They didn't even make a group so dafuq are you talking about, Kaiji was even against the idea, when it was suggested to him.
Typical shonen MC is just you using buzzwords it doesn't mean anything in the long run when you don't elaborate, why he is repackaged.
Also they visualised metaphors, well it's not like anime is a visual medium... oh wait.

Also you giving Aldnoah Zero a 9 clearly shows that you don't know the difference between good written characters and bad written characters and what is trash and what is not.
She choked the princess and I immediately forgive her vs. This guy helped me against my common enemy let me just shoot him down. Or what about Slaine. I get tortured, but will not betray the princess. Later he's like omg I heard your sad backstory, I don't even know is true or not, I totally will betray the princess now.
Shock_YinJul 25, 2015 8:15 AM

Jul 25, 2015 7:17 AM

Feb 2015
Stormen said:
The behaviour and outcome of everything is painfully predictable which makes the anime pretty much not enjoyable at all.

People that have finished watching Kaiji never seem to have that same complaint.
Now you're wondering if there's white text in any of my other posts.

Over there, I'm everywhere. I know that.
Jul 25, 2015 7:48 AM
Jan 2014
icirate said:
Stormen said:
The behaviour and outcome of everything is painfully predictable which makes the anime pretty much not enjoyable at all.

People that have finished watching Kaiji never seem to have that same complaint.

He has no idea what he's talking about, when he gives the mediocre at best Aldnoah Zero a 9.

Or this is just a bait thread.
Shock_YinJul 25, 2015 7:51 AM

Aug 5, 2015 6:23 PM

May 2012
lol ok, your loss
Aug 7, 2017 6:11 AM
Jun 2016
Stormen said:

What did u end up predicting, because to me, I felt at each step that I was exactly where Kaiji was..I couldn't guess what happens next because everytime something new happens its completely unrelated to what kaiji is doing..
Dec 10, 2019 7:25 PM

Nov 2014
Stormen said:
The behaveour and outcome of everything is painfully predictible which makes the anime pretty much not enjoyable at all.

it's the HOW not the WHAT that makes this series interesting. Take One Punch Man for example, you know he's gonna KO his opponent, but every single fight is still interesting. Why? It's the how, the characters, and the buildup
Apr 20, 2022 10:11 PM
May 2021
ttcchen said:
Stormen said:
The behaveour and outcome of everything is painfully predictible which makes the anime pretty much not enjoyable at all.

it's the HOW not the WHAT that makes this series interesting. Take One Punch Man for example, you know he's gonna KO his opponent, but every single fight is still interesting. Why? It's the how, the characters, and the buildup
great way to relate the two
Apr 30, 2022 6:41 AM
Jul 2018
You gave Lain a 4 and monster a 6 so you clearly couldn't tell a well written character if it was handed to you on a silver platter
Apr 30, 2022 1:38 PM
Jun 2014
Xran said:
You gave Lain a 4 and monster a 6 so you clearly couldn't tell a well written character if it was handed to you on a silver platter

Im sure i could say the same about you if i went through your list
May 7, 2022 4:09 PM

Mar 2018
Xran said:

lain is poorly written and directed but it looks nice, completely over acclaimed by people wanting to look like an intellectual, monster is a slow burner and not to everyone's taste
ttcchen said:
Stormen said:

apart from kaiji not being predictable and OPM being predictable good comparison
Aug 7, 2022 1:04 AM

Aug 2018
Nah, some things you stated about Kaiji being typical shounen repackage isnt completely true, unlike quite a few shounen characters Kaiji is not some 200 iq character , we saw him go trough every struggle to reach the end on the cruise ship. If it was L, Light or Lelouch or any big brain guy , they wouldve blitzed trought first arc without breaking a sweat. Thats what I was expecting to happen here but he met alot of obstacles and collapsed and came back and collapsed, it was not same like those times when shounen characters overcame their goals it was different and more complex, specially psychologically

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaiji Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Torisunanohokori - Mar 4, 2008

121 by NostalgiaDrive94 »»
May 14, 12:35 PM

Poll: » Kaiji Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Exelen - Apr 1, 2008

221 by klukva2077 »»
May 5, 8:01 AM

Poll: » Kaiji Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Dec 25, 2007

76 by DevilsMayMew »»
Apr 1, 2:42 AM

Poll: » Kaiji Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Dec 14, 2007

90 by DevilsMayMew »»
Apr 1, 2:20 AM

Poll: » Kaiji Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Dec 12, 2007

67 by DevilsMayMew »»
Apr 1, 1:57 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.