Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 3, 2015 12:36 PM
Jun 2015
I'm just kind of curious as to whether there are any other vegans or vegetarians here or if I'm all alone. (^_^;)

This is my preferred definition of veganism.
Vegan said:
A philosophy and way of living which seeks to exclude, as far as is possible and practical, all forms of exploitation of, and cruelty to, animals for food, clothing, or any other purpose; and by extension, promotes the development and use of animal-free alternatives for the benefit of all animals, including humans, and the environment.

In dietary terms it denotes the practice of dispensing with all products derived wholly or
partly from animals.

Anyway, I suppose this could be a general thread for veganism and vegetarianism.
If you don't like vegans, feel free to say so!
If you have any questions about veganism, feel free to ask!

(*ゝω・)ノ じゃね♪
RadicalRaccoonJul 8, 2015 3:43 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 3, 2015 12:42 PM

Jan 2009
theres a couple vegetarians here definitely

sorry but i make it my life's mission to eat every animal :/
Jul 3, 2015 12:50 PM

Aug 2012
Even... even humans? O.O
Jul 3, 2015 12:51 PM

Jan 2009
ZTHero said:
Even... even humans? O.O

:) welcome to 20+ club
Jul 3, 2015 12:52 PM

Aug 2012
Where we all eat humans? I read no such thing on the description. :P
Jul 3, 2015 12:53 PM

Jan 2009
actually there was something like that in one of our old layouts specifically referencing me XD
Jul 3, 2015 12:56 PM

Aug 2012
*slowly backing up*

Uh huh... well... have fun... I uhhh... fancy not being on a plate...
Jul 3, 2015 3:24 PM

Apr 2011
Dude, you didn't even vote in your own poll o.O
Jul 3, 2015 3:30 PM

Aug 2010

Jul 3, 2015 3:41 PM

Jan 2009
quickly becoming a spam topic XD where's odj, he's a veggie
Jul 3, 2015 4:16 PM
Always yours.

Apr 2015
I can't see a world without marinated short ribs, grilled New York steak, fire-roasted beef brisket, pan-fried pork tenderloin, and flame-grilled whole chicken.
Jul 3, 2015 4:19 PM

Jan 2009
highpriest2500 said:
I can't see a world without marinated short ribs, grilled New York steak, fire-roasted beef brisket, pan-fried pork tenderloin, and flame-grilled whole chicken.

you from NYC area?
Jul 3, 2015 4:25 PM
Always yours.

Apr 2015
zodac said:
highpriest2500 said:

you from NYC area?

Nah, I'm a meat-loving Canadian.
Jul 3, 2015 4:25 PM
Jun 2015
zodac said:

theres a couple vegetarians here definitely

sorry but i make it my life's mission to eat every animal :/

Haha well that's all well and good because this is my life's mission.

Lotus97 said:

Dude, you didn't even vote in your own poll o.O

Yeah, I got distracted and forgot. ^^;

Yeah it's getting pretty weird in here, heh. Don't blame me though, they made me make this thread! I don't want to end up like this guy... ( ;Д;)

Here's an infographic. I have plenty of these huehue. (ΦωΦ)

highpriest2500 said:

There's pretty much a vegan version of all of that. Meat substitutes with similar texture and taste: Seitan, Tofu, and Tempeh. All you have to do is prepare them a certain way and use the same or similar sauces and/or seasonings.
RadicalRaccoonJul 3, 2015 4:30 PM
Jul 3, 2015 4:34 PM

Apr 2011
I'm a lacto-ovo vegetarian so I eat/drink dairy products and eggs.

As a Vegan you must think I'm a monster :p
Jul 3, 2015 4:38 PM

Jan 2009
yeah baby cows sure are delicious
Jul 3, 2015 4:51 PM
Always yours.

Apr 2015
RadicalRaccoon said:

highpriest2500 said:

There's pretty much a vegan version of all of that. Meat substitutes with similar texture and taste: Seitan, Tofu, and Tempeh. All you have to do is prepare them a certain way and use the same or similar sauces and/or seasonings.

Indeed there are very good vegetarian options out there but nothing speaks to my primal instincts than seeing a roasted-to-a-golden-brown bone-in leg of lamb, or whatever hunk of meat for that matter (no human meat though, sorry).
Jul 3, 2015 5:37 PM

Jan 2009
highpriest2500 said:
RadicalRaccoon said:

Indeed there are very good vegetarian options out there but nothing speaks to my primal instincts than seeing a roasted-to-a-golden-brown bone-in leg of lamb, or whatever hunk of meat for that matter (no human meat though, sorry).

my favorites are wild boar, duck, rabbit, buffalo and goat =D
Jul 3, 2015 7:02 PM
Jun 2015
bbmello said:
I'm a lacto-ovo vegetarian so I eat/drink dairy products and eggs.

As a Vegan you must think I'm a monster :p

Nah. (^^♪

However, as a vegan, I once smuggled a baked potato into a theater as a snack...perhaps I'm the real monster here? ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
RadicalRaccoonJul 3, 2015 7:57 PM
Jul 3, 2015 7:18 PM
Always yours.

Apr 2015
zodac said:
highpriest2500 said:

my favorites are wild boar, duck, rabbit, buffalo and goat =D

Damn game meat!! Looks like you like your meat FRESH!
Jul 3, 2015 7:23 PM

Jan 2009
yup! i love game meat and i also like organ meats, i dont make excuses for what im eating or where it comes from, if anything that powers my appetite.
Jul 4, 2015 4:37 AM

Aug 2010
zodac said:
yup! i love game meat and i also like organ meats, i dont make excuses for what im eating or where it comes from, if anything that powers my appetite.

Lamb heart is delicious.

: 3

Jul 4, 2015 6:07 AM

Apr 2011
Lumikki said:
zodac said:

Lamb heart is delicious.

: 3

o_o
Jul 8, 2015 2:57 AM

Apr 2011
Wow, Humblechili hasn't posted in here yet! BTW I was surprised he was a veggie since he had chili in his name. Funny enough, I just had chili refried beans with taco sauce and melted cheese with bean chips. I didn't have meat because my parents keep kosher.
Jul 8, 2015 2:33 PM

Jan 2009
Lotus97 said:
Wow, Humblechili hasn't posted in here yet! BTW I was surprised he was a veggie since he had chili in his name. Funny enough, I just had chili refried beans with taco sauce and melted cheese with bean chips. I didn't have meat because my parents keep kosher.

chili and odj are too busy getting married in FF14
Jul 8, 2015 3:08 PM

Oct 2011
Is a steak veggy? Or those delicious Maki rolls? Ribs? No?

Then...What the fork? :D

I don't care what anyone is eating, as long as nobody bothers me with their lifestyle. Die and let die, but I prefer to eat everything thats not fast enough except from the european point of view immoral things like Cats, Dogs and Humans...oh and eggplants of course. But thats a plant :p
Jul 8, 2015 4:49 PM
Always yours.

Apr 2015
EmileNoir said:
Is a steak veggy? Or those delicious Maki rolls? Ribs? No?

Then...What the fork? :D

I don't care what anyone is eating, as long as nobody bothers me with their lifestyle. Die and let die, but I prefer to eat everything thats not fast enough except from the european point of view immoral things like Cats, Dogs and Humans...oh and eggplants of course. But thats a plant :p

I chose "What the fork." :P
Veggie steak?? You may have committed a food sin.
Jul 9, 2015 9:45 AM

Oct 2011
I admit...I am a sinner. In almost every possible way. Sin is life and life is sin :D
Jul 9, 2015 6:17 PM

Apr 2011
Stand up comic Myq Kaplin is a vegan. I was going to look for a clip of his about that to post, but I was feeling lazy. He's a great comedian tho.
Jul 9, 2015 8:04 PM

Jun 2015
Proud Vegetarian for over 8 years now ^~^
Jul 10, 2015 12:14 PM
Jun 2015
Lotus97 said:
Stand up comic Myq Kaplin is a vegan. I was going to look for a clip of his about that to post, but I was feeling lazy. He's a great comedian tho.

Hahah nice. It's cool, I've never heard of them, but I'll check them out.

Veggiecide said:
Proud Vegetarian for over 8 years now ^~^

Nice! Longer than my time spent as a vegetarian and vegan combined haha. n_n
Jul 13, 2015 2:44 AM

Jun 2010
I'm what they call a flexitarian. (I don't like the word, but I'll use it since it describes best what I do). Basically, it means I eat vegetarian whenever I can (about 98% of the time), but I eat meat on some rare occasions. When I'm invited at someone's house and they serve chicken for instance, well I'll eat a bit of it out of politeness. However, the only meat I do eat on these rare occasions is fish or poultry. No real reason for the distinction: they're animals as well, but I just can't get myself to eat red meat anymore.
Jul 18, 2015 4:00 PM
Always yours.

Apr 2015
Akiracchi said:
I'm what they call a flexitarian. (I don't like the word, but I'll use it since it describes best what I do). Basically, it means I eat vegetarian whenever I can (about 98% of the time), but I eat meat on some rare occasions. When I'm invited at someone's house and they serve chicken for instance, well I'll eat a bit of it out of politeness. However, the only meat I do eat on these rare occasions is fish or poultry. No real reason for the distinction: they're animals as well, but I just can't get myself to eat red meat anymore.

No red meat... :( sob sob... Haha. Any particular reason you are against red meat?
Jul 18, 2015 4:25 PM

Nov 2013
I dont want to be rude or anything. But I do love my meat ^^
I am ok with people jsut eating non-animal stuff. But I cant imagine myself doing it.
Jul 19, 2015 12:19 AM
Oct 2013
I'm alright with everyone's choices. I don't really care if people eat plants or jellyfish or whatever, and it's none of my business.
But...
Bacon is love
Bacon is life
Bacon... <3
With eggs.
And coffee.
Jul 19, 2015 1:01 AM

Oct 2011
I can smell it, only from your description.
Mhhhhhh Bacon! Gaaaaah Eggs...weeee coffeeeee...!

I think I need breakfast ^^
Jul 19, 2015 4:22 AM
Sep 2010
I eat dairy products and some types of fish, but no other meat. So I'm some sort of vegetarian, but not a real one.
Jul 19, 2015 7:21 AM
Jun 2015
Since you all keep going on about how much you love animal flesh, I'm going to post some really exciting facts for you. (ゝω・)

Milk has pus in it, you know? Milk sold in stores is pasteurized, but pasteurization doesn't remove it, it just makes it safe for humans to consume.
Don't any of you find it odd that you're all consuming the secretions of another animal? One that very likely also had numerous infections throughout its life as a dairy cow? (・∀・)

Honey is bee vomit. Bees won't make honey unless they have a queen and apiaries that produce honey for human consumption have to order these queen bees which are literally just sent through the post and once they arrive they tear the queen's wings off so that they don't fly away, thereby ensuring that the other bees continue to produce honey.

Don't any of you find it odd that you're consuming the flesh, fat, blood, and of sentient beings that don't want to die any more than you do?

Do you realize that these animals consume far more of our crops than we do and that, if people stopped raising these animals for food, there would be more than enough food to easily feed all of humanity?

Humans are also herbivorous. Is it possible for us to consume flesh? Sure, but it's not really 'safe' unless you cook it and even then all it does is clog your arteries and increase your chances for heart disease.

Look at your body and then tell me that you're more suited for taking down animals in the wild than harvesting fruits, vegetables, nuts and the like; sure we're capable of creating tools that can be used to kill animals, but have you ever considered that this could just as easily have been a skill we evolved in order to defend ourselves from predators?

Our intestines are long just like those of herbivores as opposed to short like those of actual carnivores and omnivores and our teeth are flat and dull which is more suitable for an herbivorous diet; our jaws also move side to side as we chew just like herbivores.

Our eyes are positioned on the front of our heads like carnivores and omnivores? Well, not all herbivores' eyes are position on the sides of their heads. Go look at a Koala. (・∀・)

Put some fruit and a rabbit in front of a small child and get back to me when the child chooses to eat the rabbit instead of the fruit.

I could go on and on, but I feel that this is more than enough to account for all of the "Mmm, *insert piece of dead animal flesh here* is soooo good!" posts here.
I expected that and I've ignored it, but I hope you realize that, from my perspective, these animals are beautiful creatures that deserve to live and that it's disgusting the way you talk about it.

You know how you get disgusted and angry when you hear about or see abuse of dogs, cats, horses, and other animals we tend to keep as companions or when you hear about or see abuse of infants and children? Yeah, this is no different from my perspective.

I don't expect you to care, but if you're going to spout off this kind of stuff, I'm going to unleash my inner vegan lmao. ヽ(`▽´)/
RadicalRaccoonJul 19, 2015 7:50 AM
Jul 19, 2015 2:59 PM
Oct 2013
I think you should just thank us. Because if it wasn't for us, eating all the animals that are eating your food, you'd starve to death or just eat cactus or something.
And yeah, we all know that honey is bee vomit. In fact, it's very delicious bee vomit (by your logic you shouldn't eat your salad, because who knows, maybe a fly spat on the lettuce or the veggies).
And yes, humans HAVE to eat animal flesh. Because the body needs it. That's why y'all are buying protein powders and eating 10 kg of nuts per day (seriously think about the poor squirrels. Do you know how many squirrels dieded from starvation because of you? I'd rather kill an animal and eat it, than starve it to death), because your body DEMANDS for proteins.

I don't expect you to care, but I'll just have you know that vegetarians and vegans are always imposing their ideology on everyone. And still nobody cares about it. So if that's what you're doing, you're wasting your time.

PS: Bacon <3
Jul 19, 2015 3:17 PM

Apr 2011
That's a pretty ignorant post rofl

You sound like one of those fedora wearing atheists

and this is just a discussion, nobody is imposing any ideology on you whatsoever. You just like to feel like that's the case so you can justify starting an argument to get some attention.
Jul 19, 2015 3:28 PM
Jul 2018
Well, you rarely see non-vegans starting threads about why they eat meat xD
Jul 19, 2015 4:03 PM
Sep 2010
RadicalRaccoon said:
/snip

I mostly agree with you, but frankly there was no need for this amount of patronizing, no one was actually trying to impose any sort of opinion on anyone in this thread. You should go watch Gin no Saji, it's an anime about all the people you hate (animal breeders and dairy producers), yet without a lick of patronizing. It lets people come to their own conclusions, just like you should.
Jul 19, 2015 5:12 PM
Jun 2015
razor39999 said:

I mostly agree with you, but frankly there was no need for this amount of patronizing, no one was actually trying to impose any sort of opinion on anyone in this thread. You should go watch Gin no Saji, it's an anime about all the people you hate (animal breeders and dairy producers), yet without a lick of patronizing. It lets people come to their own conclusions, just like you should.

This thread barely had any real information on veganism in it so I used those posts as an excuse to post more.

I complained a bit about those constant posts about how much people love dead animal flesh and how they kept going on about it, but I have every right to do so and it isn't as though I flipped out on anyone or anything. Aside from that I just posted a lot of, 'fun facts' which anyone is free to ignore or dispute. If I'm wrong about something, I would like to be corrected haha.

I was actually planning on watching that anime as it looked interesting. Oh and I don't hate the people themselves; I hate what they do. ( ̄Д ̄)

Oddly enough, my day went rather poorly earlier thanks to someone who grew up on some sort of farm. The guy just kept going on and on about how much fun it is to skin pigs, put them in a pot of hot water, and so on, literally every single detail with a big smile on his face, while others in the group laughed. These were all people that I'm acquainted with and this is the kind of thing that really gets to me. If it were a dog, cat, horse, or human being described in such a way nobody would be laughing or smiling; they would be infuriated and disgusted.

ISKIJN said:
Well, you rarely see non-vegans starting threads about why they eat meat xD

Why would they? That's normal, remember?

I created this thread with the intention of simultaneously finding out whether or not there were any of veg*ns here while also potentially introducing the concept of veganism to those who may not have heard of it before and reasons as to why I myself became a vegan. If someone doesn't like this thread they're free to make that known to me or simply move on. (・∀・)
RadicalRaccoonJul 19, 2015 5:20 PM
Jul 19, 2015 5:44 PM
Jul 2018
Well dogs are food in China. I personally would not eat one, but that's a matter of cultural differences. Dogs and cows are equally important in my opinion, but the food chain has existed since long before we could walk on two legs.

Besides, billions of mice are killed every year in grain crops that produce rice, corn or wheat, which vegans eat. In order for you guys to eat bread, thousands of sentient animals were killed. No matter what you choose to eat, there are pests that have to be exterminated to protect it.

Oh when I say "you" I don't mean you in specific xD I mean it in general
Jul 19, 2015 6:12 PM
Oct 2013
bbmello said:
That's a pretty ignorant post rofl

You sound like one of those fedora wearing atheists

and this is just a discussion, nobody is imposing any ideology on you whatsoever. You just like to feel like that's the case so you can justify starting an argument to get some attention.

Wow, are you a psychologist? You got me figured out. You got to know me so much, just because I posted about me, eating meat. You're such a genius. I deeply admire you. Really. Hearts...
Jul 19, 2015 7:19 PM
Jun 2015
ISKIJN said:
Well dogs are food in China. I personally would not eat one, but that's a matter of cultural differences. Dogs and cows are equally important in my opinion, but the food chain has existed since long before we could walk on two legs.

Besides, billions of mice are killed every year in grain crops that produce rice, corn or wheat, which vegans eat. In order for you guys to eat bread, thousands of sentient animals were killed. No matter what you choose to eat, there are pests that have to be exterminated to protect it.

I'm aware of this. Aside from that fact that I value all living sentient beings equally, I just find it to be pretty hypocritical the way people who support the slaughter of billions of Cows, Pigs, Chickens, Turkeys, and so on condemn China when they eat dogs.

Yeah, but vegans don't proclaim to not cause any suffering or loss of life. Veganism is just philosophy and way of living which seeks to exclude, as far as is possible and practicable, all forms of exploitation of, and cruelty to, animals for food, clothing, or any other purpose; and by extension, promotes the development and use of animal-free alternatives for the benefit of all animals, including humans, and the environment.
Aside from that, there's a clear difference between the unintentional and unavoidable loss of life such as stepping outside and killing an ant and the systematic breeding and slaughter of billions of our fellow earthlings because we like the way they taste or want to spend absurd amounts of money on something made from their skin, fur, feathers, or some combination of these things and the like.

Moreover, if you grow your own garden it's entirely possible to avoid the use of pesticides and the like.

Don't worry about that haha. I'm fully aware that my mere existence results in the existence of others' being extinguished. It's unavoidable. (・・)
Jul 19, 2015 8:08 PM
Jul 2018
xD right? I mean, the mice killing is NOT unintentional, but we HAVE TO kill them to get food. Without the grain crops, many people would starve. And it's not like we give painless deaths to this animals, most of the time they are brutally painful.

We, humans, are the most dangerous animal on the planet and the absolute top of the food chain, whether we like it or not. Every time we cut down a tree or build a hydroelectric power station we are destroying ecosystems, and causing suffering and death to many species. And whenever we read a book or turn on our laptops we make ourselves accomplices of this doing.

I personally do not think it's a sin, neither do I feel proud about it. I simply accept that this is who we are a species.

Maybe it's about time Kyojins, Incubators or something of the likes come, and if they don't, the Earth itself will get rid of most of us soon enough.
removed-userJul 19, 2015 10:47 PM
Jul 19, 2015 9:12 PM

Nov 2013
Well, after working at a organic store....i seen that most of what we had was vegetarian and vegan stuff.

i loved being able to make salads and sandwichs for such people but there were some that were a bit over the top. Half of the people that came in the store were people that thought they were better then everyone...

Before i started working there, i didn't even know there was so many things you can eat that was non meat stuff.

I had one friend that is a vegetarian and i soon gain more respect for vegetarians after meeting her. I liked most of the vegetarian salads i had to make but i'm sorry to say i can't stay away from meat. I need my Iron and such things. I love animals but we are just higher on the food chain.

You make some good points about how meat can be bad some times but eh...so it alot other things. Like drugs.
Jul 20, 2015 1:03 AM
Sep 2010
ISKIJN said:

For me personally, the unintentional deaths of thousands of rabbits by wheat harvesters is the worst. Rabbits are damn cute, and I had them as pets so it strikes home more than other animals. But that's just me being subjective. If I were an objective person, I'd probably starve to death.

animeartlover said:
I need my Iron and such things. I love animals but we are just higher on the food chain.

I'm not a nutritionist, but I'm pretty sure the best sources of iron are green vegetables.
Jul 20, 2015 6:09 AM

Nov 2013
razor39999 said:
animeartlover said:
I need my Iron and such things. I love animals but we are just higher on the food chain.

I'm not a nutritionist, but I'm pretty sure the best sources of iron are green vegetables.

Well i do tend to have alot Spinach salads. Is that ok, sir?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» What Are You Listening to? + All About the Music! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Corsair857 - Jun 2, 2011

3583 by Elanin »»
Dec 22, 2023 3:31 AM

Sticky: » Hi!I am... :) ~ Introductions ~ ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JusticeUndone - Mar 12, 2011

5705 by tamilanime »»
Jun 19, 2022 4:05 AM

Sticky: » Administrators' lounge [closed for members] ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JusticeUndone - Aug 22, 2011

361 by Lotus97 »»
Jun 17, 2022 12:02 PM

» [GAME] You're Banned! v. 7.0 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Uuh - Dec 12, 2015

8529 by Pyro »»
May 12, 2022 4:21 AM

» [GAME] First Thing That Pops Up In Your Mind V. 3.0 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Arianna - Mar 20, 2016

3543 by Pyro »»
May 12, 2022 12:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.