Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sound! Euphonium (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jul 1, 2015 12:36 AM

Jul 2013
Beautiful, just beautiful...

Easily the best KyoAni works in a very long time. I hope there's a 2nd season to explore the national competition and of course the resolution of Kumiko's romance as well as Reina's

8/10
Jul 1, 2015 12:43 AM

Aug 2014
Well kinda dissapointed fact that 70% of the finale is contain only music.

Anyway it's personally the most enjoyable show this season. Didn't need the 2nd season cuz it's ended nicely, doubt will remember it in a long time but at least it wasn't bad. 7/10
Jul 1, 2015 12:51 AM

Nov 2007
Unless it's predominantly a music school, i.e. focuses primarily in music, male students usually go for sports and science related clubs. It's probably true almost every where in the world. Forget about joining wind instruments club, I have even seen guys prefer to join football, basketball, rugby, martial arts clubs etc. over badminton, table tennis clubs etc. because the latter clubs have higher female enrollments.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jul 1, 2015 12:52 AM
Dec 2014
Does anyone know where to find "Crescent Moon Dance" by Namie Horikawa?
Jul 1, 2015 1:00 AM

Nov 2007
Brielle2112 said:

Namie Horikawa is most likely a fictional composer. The original composer for Crescent Moon Dance is listed as Matsuda Akito during the credits who is the music composer for Hibike! Euphonium.

Wait until the OST is released. :)
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jul 1, 2015 1:03 AM

Jan 2011
what happend in the final was pretty obvious. ^^ so in that point no bonus points. but i rly liked the tension before the performance. Kyoto Animation brought that on screen rly well! my heart beat faster than normal that time. xD art style still amazing as always. ^^ i dont like, that you couldnt hear some other concert bands for a moment, so it didnt feel like a competition. also the music piece 北宇治 [Kitauji] played wasnt as amazing i firstly expected to be. but it was still very beautiful, so dont get me wrong. ^^

thougts on the entire show: more episodes from the start for this story arc would have been better, because there are so many people. every side characters problems were over/solved so fast or they are still open or the screen time for them were to short in my eyes. with more episodes there would have been a better „world building“. another weak point in my … ears is the OST. its still really good and beautiful and i cant wait to hear the 北宇治 music piece or the duett 久美子 [Kumiko] and 麗奈 [Reina] played on that mountain. but i have to say, the rest (score) is nothing special. the score from 四月は君の嘘 [shigatsu wa kimi no uso] is better, sorry 響け!ユーフォニアム and 松田彬人 [Matsuda Akito] … =/ but i rly like the opening song, which jumped on a high rank in my personal hall of fame!!! =) i hope, there will not be a movie, because i think it would be to short to tell everything right. i hope there will be a second season which can erase the weak points out of my mind. ^^ ah, i give this beautiful show a 0,86 and i hope the new material (if any) brings the average value higher . =)
Jul 1, 2015 2:09 AM

Jun 2013
Ahh I really hope there will be a second season.

I love this anime, the characters and the music, 8/10 :3
~Where's Gnasty Gnorc? I'll torch him!~
Jul 1, 2015 2:16 AM

Feb 2012
I'm glad they won and are moving forward. They really worked hard and there performance was solid!
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Jul 1, 2015 3:23 AM

Jun 2009
I'm not sure whether I should rate this 7 or 8 but overall it's a solid show. Hopefully there's a movie about them in Nationals.

Jul 1, 2015 4:23 AM

Jun 2010
KyoAni/10
Jul 1, 2015 4:31 AM
Jul 2018
peidoce said:

Are you kidding.
We're talking about the classical music club.
The philharmonic orchestra.
Taking japan, search filarmonica orchestra on the website are all composed mostly of men, istrumentos as Trambone, saxophone, trumpet, tuba, are played mostly by men, because they pectoralis major, and more resistance, which helps in prolonging notes, and a better trimbe.
Women in philharmonics orchestras choose istrumentos as piano, violin, double bass, flute, oboe, Clarine instrument lighter blows that do not require extreme effort.
[...]
Did you see the musicians who recorded that made the recording of Hibiki instruments.
Fantastico right who played the trumpet Reina was a man, very realistic.
Fantastico right També who plays tropete Kaori was a woman, very realistic.
Did you see the difference in who won the competition, held because more and vibrates more notes.

This is not strictly a "classical music club". In the episode 5, they played an arrangement of Rydeen, a popular synthpop song by YMO, for example.

This is not at all a philarmonic orchestra. This is a concert band.
As you can see, there is no violin/viola/cello section. It's also pretty rare to see an euphonium in an orchestra score. You won't (or very rarely) see a saxophone section in a philarmonic orchestra too.
Furthermore, the competition they play is probably the All-Japan Band Association, a Japanese wind band (aka concert band) competition.

Most of professional brass instrumentists are men indeed, but Hibike! Euphonium is about high school students.
In fact, women can play any instruments. More women play intruments like the flute, violins/violas or the harp, but this is also because these instruments appears as pretty feminine, at least more than the tuba or the french horn, for example.
But really, women can choose any instrument. I've met several female trombonists, trumpet players or saxophonists, both in conservatory and jam sessions.
Btw, the piano is not a philarmonic orchestra instrument, it's a solo instrument, that's why, if we talk about philarmonic/symphonic orchestra, a pianist only play concerto, and not the standard orchestra repertoire.
Also, what you say is wrong, playing the clarinet, oboe or flute does require extreme effort, you just don't blow in a wind/woodwind instrument like in a brass one, but, at a professional level, they all require extreme effort.

There is indeed a more "masculine" and a "feminine" sound, but it's not at all a matter of vibrato.

shanimebib said:
Brielle2112 said:

Namie Horikawa is most likely a fictional composer. The original composer for Crescent Moon Dance is listed as Matsuda Akito during the credits who is the music composer for Hibike! Euphonium.

Wait until the OST is released. :)

Then, Matsuda Akito must be a great composer ! Crescent Moon Dance is very well written, I really enjoyed it. :)
removed-userJul 1, 2015 4:40 AM
Jul 1, 2015 4:45 AM

Apr 2013
Fantastic artwork, great music, fluid animation, cute girls, what else can you ask for?
One of the best this season alongside Oregairu/SNAFU. 10/10
REALITY IS A CRAPPY GAME

Jul 1, 2015 5:07 AM
Jul 2018
Beautiful art and animation with an amazing soundtrack! I really enjoyed this episode and I'm so glad they showed the full performance without cutting anything out! I'm hoping for a second season!
Jul 1, 2015 5:19 AM

Jan 2013
Hmm it was pretty good, gonna re-watch it someday because I feel I'm missing something. I mean it was artistically one of the most beautiful series I've ever seen but man, script was not as strong. I feel that there were maybe too many characters which I should care, but I don't because I don't know them and haven't developed proper emotional attachment to them. But I dunno, it was pretty good 7/10. And oh yeah, OP was da best.
Jul 1, 2015 5:24 AM

Jun 2008
-Skyleo- said:
Then, Matsuda Akito must be a great composer ! Crescent Moon Dance is very well written, I really enjoyed it. :)

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1382867&show=100#msg40619682
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Jul 1, 2015 5:49 AM
Jul 2018
sbyrstall said:
-Skyleo- said:

Thanks for sharing, mate.
Even if this is only a midi mockup, it sounds lovely, and I'm looking forward to the final recording of this piece.
It really reminds me some Edward Gregson piece such as this one :

Jul 1, 2015 6:00 AM

Jun 2014
I'd like the series more without the yuri baiting. All these suggestive hugs and touches looked ridiculous and created too much drama on the forums.

This was the best ship for me
Jul 1, 2015 6:03 AM

Jun 2008
-Skyleo- said:
sbyrstall said:

Thanks for sharing, mate.
Even if this is only a midi mockup, it sounds lovely, and I'm looking forward to the final recording of this piece.
It really reminds me some Edward Gregson piece such as this one :

You're welcome. I had to do some digging on Youtube last night just to find this. Now I will await for the soundtrack. It would sacrilegious if neither of the contest pieces weren't on it.

Jul 1, 2015 6:22 AM

Sep 2014
I was very tense during the performance, really wanted them to win. I shed a lot of tears at the end.

Overall, this show is pretty much high school drama done PERFECT. I really enjoyed it and has become one of my favorites.
Jul 1, 2015 6:53 AM
Jan 2010
muh japanese composers
Jul 1, 2015 7:00 AM

May 2014
That ending was gold ! Seriously this was seriously the best anime of this season ! If it's not of all time
I was so tense during that all last episode, my heart was beating so fast ... when they began to play I cried cause we all could heard how awesome they improved !

So now I have to ask ? Will this have a sequel ? A new season, OVA, movies ... at least something to show us the nationals?
Jul 1, 2015 7:17 AM

Feb 2014
Amazing finale. They're going to the Nationals! KyoAni better make a season 2 / OVA /Movie for this one.

And I love the orchestra version of Dream Solister (The OP) that was played in the end.
Jul 1, 2015 7:35 AM

Mar 2013
That was a great show. Very entertaining.
Jul 1, 2015 8:24 AM

Nov 2011
Not bad storytelling, the final was to be expected given that there is confirmation for a second season, I'm curious to see how it will evolve interpersonal relationships and the events to get the coveted goal of the national competition. Drawings and animations very beautiful, great scenery; even slower pace in the TV series has been appreciated for concreteness fielded so far, I am satisfied to see I am how much I hope that next season is still better than the first.
I am also happy to see Kumiko with the ponytail and he could see in the episode the vastness of characters that have driven this TV series.

My vote, for now, is 8/10.
Jul 1, 2015 8:54 AM

Aug 2014
8/10 definitely needs a 2 season
Steppenfuchs said:

This was the best ship for me
Jul 1, 2015 9:38 AM

Dec 2013
Imeon said:
L-Ryoshi said:

Um.... is there a rule saying you can't get married when you're in school? And who wears an engagement ring on their wedding ring finger?

Snip

Pointless argument for arguments sake. You must have too much time on your hands. Would suggest you go find a hobby.

If you're talking about Japanese culture, it's not even common for married people to wear their wedding bands out in public. The picture showed a ring on the wedding ring finger distinctly to indicate who the lady was (Taki's wife). Also, as shanimebib mentioned, the clothes she was wearing were probably not a school uniform as you are so adamantly convinced about.

If you have issues with our observations, then pray do tell who you think that girl in the picture was, if not Taki's wife?
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jul 1, 2015 12:08 PM

Jul 2010
The final episode: Radiant, ethereally beautiful in both image and sound (Reina's solo especially), and soulful. The most stunning aspect of the episode was how it highlighted the character development of, pretty much everyone, from the very start, with Kumiko showing a very, very different "weaking routine" than she had earlier in the series, looking alert and determined as she quickly silenced her alarm.

The playfulness between Reina and Kumiko was also huge, showing how much the usually stoic Reina has changed, at least when she is around her ... well, let's say her best friend... for now...

But, of course, the music was the real show stopper and Reina's solo was, perhaps, the climax of the entire series.

If there is more, I will trust that the author wrote another compelling, slice of life story for us to enjoy in the next book or two. If not, I can continue shipping Reina x Kumiko without being disillusioned! Win-Win!
Jul 1, 2015 1:58 PM

Oct 2007
madclaw said:
I was very tense during the performance, really wanted them to win. I shed a lot of tears at the end.

Overall, this show is pretty much high school drama done PERFECT. I really enjoyed it and has become one of my favorites.

So if that's actually the case and this genre has finally been utterly perfected can anime maybe move on from it for just a little bit as far as expending much of the industries resources on it?
Jul 1, 2015 2:53 PM
Feb 2012
Not a bad series. The drama was the only thing I didn't care for, but everything else was pretty good. 6/10
Jul 1, 2015 2:58 PM

Jul 2014
Loved it throughout. Slow pacing and there was drama but thts just how it is in real life.. THE ENDING THOUGH. 9/10
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Jul 1, 2015 3:00 PM
Mar 2013
peidoce said:
Pointless wall of text

DawnJ said:
Don't play dumb, you and I were talking about a school club (in Japan especially), not a pro band.

This is a kind of the audience's probrem, not of the show or the characters there.

Whether a certain act, a custom, a cultural tendency are meaningful or pointless highly depends on when and where who does it for whom.
You can take it meaningful or pointless as you think it. But, whether your judge can be a thoughtful consciousness or just an opinion who dislike to understand foreign culture, is up to you.

This topic is not something about the anime or common Japanese students' nature but your own personal problem. And you shouldn't forget just your being able to understand a foreign language better than others does not always can make you understand the country and its culture better. I have met some people who are very fluent in Japanese, and at the same time, incredibly arrogant and insensitive to Japanese culture.
htsujiJul 6, 2015 3:58 AM
Jul 1, 2015 3:05 PM

Nov 2013
Kaioshin_Sama said:
madclaw said:

So if that's actually the case and this genre has finally been utterly perfected can anime maybe move on from it for just a little bit as far as expending much of the industries resources on it?

Hopefully they'll stop making giant robot shows too. I'm so tired of shitty toy commercials expending much of the industry's resources.
Jul 1, 2015 3:16 PM

Oct 2007
Lollo36 said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

Hopefully they'll stop making giant robot shows too. I'm so tired of shitty toy commercials expending much of the industry's resources.

They pretty much already have stopped making good ones and I'm inclined to agree that they might as well stop making ones that aren't going to aspire to anything Nice try though, I know what you were going for but i don't work like most people.
Jul 1, 2015 5:34 PM

Dec 2013
Ah, I will seriously miss this series. I hope the season 2, if there would be any, will come up soon. I wonder who's the kid in the picture on Taki sensei's notebook? Anyway, Ponytail looks great for Asuka, Kumiko and Kousaka. The music is really nice too!

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Jul 1, 2015 8:16 PM

May 2012
Well actually this ending felt rather rushed to be honest, it was still quite lovely but if there is going to be a second season now I'm not exactly sure. I would watch if there would be any but as it is now it's a half closed ending.

either way this anime was pretty lovely to see it had some amazing art and animation combined with a cute and fun yet dramatic setting! All in all a pretty lovely anime!
Jul 1, 2015 9:17 PM

Jul 2015
zensunni said:
The final episode: Radiant, ethereally beautiful in both image and sound (Reina's solo especially), and soulful. The most stunning aspect of the episode was how it highlighted the character development of, pretty much everyone, from the very start, with Kumiko showing a very, very different "weaking routine" than she had earlier in the series, looking alert and determined as she quickly silenced her alarm.

The playfulness between Reina and Kumiko was also huge, showing how much the usually stoic Reina has changed, at least when she is around her ... well, let's say her best friend... for now...

But, of course, the music was the real show stopper and Reina's solo was, perhaps, the climax of the entire series.

If there is more, I will trust that the author wrote another compelling, slice of life story for us to enjoy in the next book or two. If not, I can continue shipping Reina x Kumiko without being disillusioned! Win-Win!

You lost.
The last episode is equal to the last chapter of volume 1 of light novel.
Kyoani followed the novels.
You lost in both cases.
First case, if not there is a second season, to boost the sale of light novel and you know that the light novel is heterosexual, "Kumiko and Shuuichi is the official and canon, romantic couple of Hibike! Euphonium created by Ayano Takeda."
Second case, if there is a second season mean adapting the volume 2 of the light novel, and you're well aware that Reina only have relevance in this volume in Taki-Sense plot, not to mention Reina becomes obsessive and jealous to everything related to your loved Taki-Sensei, especially when another woman is involved and that the deuteragonist of volume 2 is Mizore.

Reina in the second novel is pretty much Taki obsessed. She also has a few funny parts. The main focus is really on Nozomi and Mizore. Most of Kumiko’s interactions is with Mizore and Nozomi. When her and Reina talk its mostly about Taki (so I don’t take their intimate scenes as yuribait since Reina is upset about Taki a guy). His plot is a subplot, its more about his past than his relationship with Reina. We get too meet his college buddies, one of them is a girl that makes Reina go Yandere.

The only chanse that yuri fans had to win was to KyoAni had made an end original end because, the Reina is the deuteragonist of volume 1, and the story was about the resumption of friendship and Kumiko Reina.
More dreamed original end that yuri fans dreamed has not happened.

Against facts there are no arguments.
Yuri fans just accept defeat, and stop creating arguments and theories unfounded, because you guys do not have real and physical evidence to hold them, you guys just have abstract things like your opinions and personal, tastes to accredit their arguments. What would be treated as a joke if it were taken to a court.

And another Shuuichi and Kumico occurs in volume 3 and 4, Volume 2 Reina only have importance in Taki-Sensei plot, is in Volume 2 that are more visible to Reina of obsession and jealousy for your loved Taki-Sensei.
It is in Volume 2 that we discover that Reina just wants to be special because of its loved Taki-Sensei, it is in volume 2 which Reina end up finding on the table the the photo of wife dead of Taki-Sensei, the same as appears in last episode of the anime. It is in volume 2 which Taki-Sensei account the Reina about his dead wife, and out of school, Reina and Taki-Sensei call each other by first name.

The Reina character created by Yano Takeda is completely straight, she is in love, jealous and obsessive for a man, she wants to become special by a man.
His passion for Taki-Sensei has lasted years.
Your choice for the current school was due to the presence of Taki-Sensei.
And none fan of yuri can change that.
When you are trying to rewrite a hitoria through your point of view, personal tastes and desires, is nothing more than pure, fanwank.
Cr7_vi_BritanniaJul 1, 2015 9:45 PM
Jul 1, 2015 9:24 PM

Oct 2013
Fantastic performance. Never expected to like this series so much!

The beginning might've not been that great, but the last few episodes made up for all of it. Animation is amazing, of course, and characters are likeable (though I would've loved seeing more development).

I enjoyed it so much. Hoping for a second season soon! 7/10
Jul 1, 2015 9:25 PM

Feb 2014
Brielle2112 said:

It's a fictional song by a fictional composer. But someone will transcribe it by ear soon... I have faith. I believe. It's a nice piece.

OT: I'm really pleased with how they ended it actually, and the band version of the ED was a nice touch at the end.
Jul 1, 2015 10:19 PM
Jul 2015
Angela33 said:
zensunni said:

You lost.
The last episode is equal to the last chapter of volume 1 of light novel.
Kyoani followed the novels.
You lost in both cases.
First case, if not there is a second season, to boost the sale of light novel and you know that the light novel is heterosexual, "Kumiko and Shuuichi is the official and canon, romantic couple of Hibike! Euphonium created by Ayano Takeda."
Second case, if there is a second season mean adapting the volume 2 of the light novel, and you're well aware that Reina only have relevance in this volume in Taki-Sense plot, not to mention Reina becomes obsessive and jealous to everything related to your loved Taki-Sensei, especially when another woman is involved and that the deuteragonist of volume 2 is Mizore.

Reina in the second novel is pretty much Taki obsessed. She also has a few funny parts. The main focus is really on Nozomi and Mizore. Most of Kumiko’s interactions is with Mizore and Nozomi. When her and Reina talk its mostly about Taki (so I don’t take their intimate scenes as yuribait since Reina is upset about Taki a guy). His plot is a subplot, its more about his past than his relationship with Reina. We get too meet his college buddies, one of them is a girl that makes Reina go Yandere.

The only chanse that yuri fans had to win was to KyoAni had made an end original end because, the Reina is the deuteragonist of volume 1, and the story was about the resumption of friendship and Kumiko Reina.
More dreamed original end that yuri fans dreamed has not happened.

Against facts there are no arguments.
Yuri fans just accept defeat, and stop creating arguments and theories unfounded, because you guys do not have real and physical evidence to hold them, you guys just have abstract things like your opinions and personal, tastes to accredit their arguments. What would be treated as a joke if it were taken to a court.

And another Shuuichi and Kumico occurs in volume 3 and 4, Volume 2 Reina only have importance in Taki-Sensei plot, is in Volume 2 that are more visible to Reina of obsession and jealousy for your loved Taki-Sensei.
It is in Volume 2 that we discover that Reina just wants to be special because of its loved Taki-Sensei, it is in volume 2 which Reina end up finding on the table the the photo of wife dead of Taki-Sensei, the same as appears in last episode of the anime. It is in volume 2 which Taki-Sensei account the Reina about his dead wife, and out of school, Reina and Taki-Sensei call each other by first name.

The Reina character created by Yano Takeda is completely straight, she is in love, jealous and obsessive for a man, she wants to become special by a man.
His passion for Taki-Sensei has lasted years.
Your choice for the current school was due to the presence of Taki-Sensei.
And none fan of yuri can change that.
When you are trying to rewrite a hitoria through your point of view, personal tastes and desires, is nothing more than pure, fanwank.

I know that what you're saying is a fact, but don't you think you're a bit snarky back there? The OP is just happy with the ending but when the op is showing their fangirling about Kumiko and Reina, you suddenly shooting a wall full of snide. Wow, take a chill pill. We all have different level of attraction for this series, a dismissal of someone's point of view is just a low move.

I like Hibike because of Reina and Kumiko too and if Kyoani decides to follow what you wrote up there, I'll still keep watching it and still continue to ship Kumiko and Reina. It's not a big a deal. Everyone in Hibike! Euphonium are not even real people and seeing how worked up some people about certain pairing really amuse me to no end.

Hibike, no matter how relatable it is to real life, is still a work of fiction. Don't take it seriously and just enjoy the show without prejudice or anything.

My score for the final episode: 8/10
bakajo48Jul 1, 2015 10:28 PM
Jul 2, 2015 1:00 AM

Jul 2015
bakajo48 said:

I would agree with you if this had not previously occurred in various anime KyoAni.
More is KyoAni specialize in fujoshibaits and yuribaits.
This spoils the story, and distorts the meaning and the real message that the anime wants to pass on.
As I read the ronances, I knew KyoAni it would be a pessima choice to adapt the novels, and would end up exaggerating the yuribaits who were present in the novels.
Especially when the development and affirmation of the character of the characters begins only occur in volume 2, where the characters openly express their feelings and desires, as with a well-defined personality.
It's a real sadness, that this novel has have fallen into the hands of KyoAni, and not in the hand of a company would that focuses on story and plot and that does not appeal to yuribait and fanservice, as the P.A. Work or Madhouse.

KyoAni this time it changed very little the source material, in addition to color the yuribaits and two original episodes else is exactly like the novels.

Modifications absurd, history totally rewritten, and serious changes in plot, only occurred in Chuunibyou and Kyoukai no Kanata, the latter has been completely rewritten and reworked the story.

Here the main animes KyoAni with fujoshibaits and yuribaits.

Jul 2, 2015 4:38 AM

Jun 2014
Great finale, better than what I expected. I'm glad they made it, they deserved it. Just by watching the performance you could tell they put their hearts into it.
Although this show had a slow start, it got better at some point thanks to the good music & drama. Asuka didn't get enough screen time so 7/10.
Jul 2, 2015 5:06 AM

Jun 2008
Lemongrope said:
Brielle2112 said:

It's a fictional song by a fictional composer. But someone will transcribe it by ear soon... I have faith. I believe. It's a nice piece.

OT: I'm really pleased with how they ended it actually, and the band version of the ED was a nice touch at the end.
Somebody already has (at least in midi format).

Jul 2, 2015 7:51 AM

Sep 2014
A great ending to a surprisingly good Anime! I really enjoyed it, despite the somewhat boring initial few episodes. The last 4 episodes were fantastic! 7/10. I hope there's a S2 in the future.
Jul 2, 2015 8:11 AM

Sep 2013
AND SO, THE BAITING GOES ON!
Jul 2, 2015 9:58 AM

Apr 2013
this series is awesome! im hoping for season 2 or a movie.

rate 10/10
Jul 2, 2015 9:59 AM

May 2013
What a performance, that was epicly beautiful. KyoAni delivered it again.

8/10, those little moments tho. Besides my shipping googles, im glad that they are going on to the second round, man a second season please along with Amagi.

BiriBiri21 said:
AND SO, THE BAITING GOES ON!

Can't deny this.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jul 2, 2015 12:14 PM
Jul 2015
Angela33 said:
bakajo48 said:

I would agree with you if this had not previously occurred in various anime KyoAni.
More is KyoAni specialize in fujoshibaits and yuribaits.
This spoils the story, and distorts the meaning and the real message that the anime wants to pass on.
As I read the ronances, I knew KyoAni it would be a pessima choice to adapt the novels, and would end up exaggerating the yuribaits who were present in the novels.
Especially when the development and affirmation of the character of the characters begins only occur in volume 2, where the characters openly express their feelings and desires, as with a well-defined personality.
It's a real sadness, that this novel has have fallen into the hands of KyoAni, and not in the hand of a company would that focuses on story and plot and that does not appeal to yuribait and fanservice, as the P.A. Work or Madhouse.

KyoAni this time it changed very little the source material, in addition to color the yuribaits and two original episodes else is exactly like the novels.

Modifications absurd, history totally rewritten, and serious changes in plot, only occurred in Chuunibyou and Kyoukai no Kanata, the latter has been completely rewritten and reworked the story.

Here the main animes KyoAni with fujoshibaits and yuribaits.

Yeah pal I know. I watched KyoAni animes before and I know how terrible they’re in writing. That’s why I suggest everyone take a chill pill and enjoy what Kyoani gives us. I mean, despite the queerbaiting kyoani obviously did, people still watch their series right? Queerbaiting is probably one of Kyoani's modus operandi to promote their series. It's just business for them, and it'll be difficult for us to change their way of thinking.

And personally, I'm easily pleased. A bit of yuri or yaoi is fine for me as long as it's still in a normal level. Then again I prefer to watch two boys/girls getting romantically involved rather than seeing boobs appearing on my screen every one minute.

bakajo48Jul 2, 2015 12:18 PM
Jul 2, 2015 1:59 PM

Dec 2012
This show is so good, KyoAni made a beautiful animation and art. This last episode was like I expected, a lot of cute moments with a beautiful concert.
The anime in general was great, my favorites are of course Reina and Kumiko. I was hoping to see a Yuri relationship but it was fine like that. A perfect mix between problem with the band and the music. I am looking forward to see the season 2 !
Jul 3, 2015 4:58 AM

Nov 2011
This show far exceeded my expectations of what it would be at the start of the season, Reina is really interesting, would love to see more of this but i don't think it'll ever be as good as this.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jul 3, 2015 12:01 PM
Sep 2013
This anime > K-On

Kyoani never fails to find a way. 9/10
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 28, 2015

193 by Ston3_FreeN7 »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 21, 2015

206 by BritishBlitz87 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 26, 2015

454 by Max98 »»
Apr 29, 2:06 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2015

193 by BritishBlitz87 »»
Apr 18, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2015

286 by luisfunes99 »»
Apr 2, 9:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.