Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 27, 2015 12:19 PM

Apr 2015
Since the moment i heard that every Giftia have a certain time to live, i knew this was going to happen..
The anime gave me time to prepair myself for the goodbye,but i still cried a lot. This last episode was painful to watch from the beggining to the end.
8/10
"The breasts of a woman have endless possibilities!"
-Azazel
Jun 27, 2015 12:20 PM

Apr 2013
Yes we all knew that this was the ending, but they delivered a very sad and romantic ending, which many fail to do, so for me this was a 8/10.
Like robots? Then watch getter robot :D
Jun 27, 2015 12:21 PM

Apr 2014
Well this was a good-ish show.

I pretty much knew how this was going to end since ep 1 due to the excessive foreshadowing(like seriously that was too much) plus they confirmed it around ep 3 iirc so I just couldn't care less for Isla.

The first half of the show, I felt, was weak. The first half focused more on the retrieval of giftias and the problems that brings and I just couldn't connect with the feels.
The atempts at making me feel feels felt cheap and it may sound like it's a stupid thing to dislike the show for but it really ruined the show for me in the first half.
Most of the retrievals had children involved in someway weather they were giftias themselves or just related to those giftias and children + sad stuff = a feel fest(for me atleast) but I just couldn't feel anything and I'm a guy who's really weak to feels(ffs animes like Pokemon, Zatch Bell and even fucking Naruto made me cry). Plus the constant foreshadowing was just killing me.

Thankfully the second half improves the anime for me a lot. It focused more on the realtionships of the people working at the gifita retrieval company, specifically the relationship between Isla and Tsukasa and that just felt better for me. They weren't constantly trying to get feels out of us and were more concentrating on other stuff. Plus the second half just made me smile a lot from the silly situations Tsukasa would find himself in. The way this anime was going to end was basically confirmed in the second half so the ending felt weak.

I think that if they didn't "spoil" the ending with the massive amounts of foreshadowing I would have liked this anime much more, maybe I could have actually cared for Isla.

Overall this wasn't a bad show. The art, animation and music were nice as well.
7/10

Jun 27, 2015 12:21 PM

Apr 2012
most boring/awkward couple ever

show went down the shitter when they started to focus mainly on romance

5/10
zzzeallyJun 27, 2015 12:31 PM

Jun 27, 2015 12:22 PM

Jul 2014
i was hoping for an epilogue where tsukasa gets together with michiru. whatever
Jun 27, 2015 12:24 PM
Sep 2010
I hate when they do this... Just showing the hand of his new partner -_-, just put a fckin' face on it even if it's not Isla... ( I mean her body without memories).
The lack of reaction from Tsukasa just made it weird if he would have been a little bit surprised we could affirm that it's Isla's body.
AazhyJun 27, 2015 12:33 PM
Jun 27, 2015 12:25 PM

Feb 2012
Knew it was coming and still managed to make the waters flow. 8/10
Aug 2011
HikaruKaneko said:
Looking through the forums on MAL I'm reminded why I don't really post here anymore...(a few) people being overly critical and serious, almost to the point of ridiculousness.

Yes keep shielding yourself from the reality that not everyone views/accepts the same piece of media in the same way.
Must be nice to wear those rose-tinted glasses all the time.
standJun 27, 2015 12:35 PM

Sep 2008
There are few episodes from this series which I loved,
there were few I really liked and few which weren't interesting.

This anime had lot of potential,
but in some points of series they lost it.

Michiru in some points really pissed me off,
Isla behavior also sometimes became annoying...

But that few episodes really got me!
Oh, these feelings...
Really, animes like this one really breaks my heart... ;(
Jun 27, 2015 12:28 PM

Jul 2010
I cried like a little baby TT____TT At least, she lived her life at fullest, thanks for this beautiful memories.

I wonder was that Isla that Tsukasa handshakes with at the end?

Jun 2014
Aazhy said:
I hate when they do this... Just showing the hand of his new partner -_-, just put a fckin' face on it even if it's not Isla...

It's probably 'Isla'.

This show had a good start & then it turned into a romance, the couple wasn't even interesting (very awkward one). 4/10 for the good OP/ED & Marcia arc.

Feb 2012
The feels...

I had low expectations at first but after getting to the end it was well worth it.
Jun 27, 2015 12:32 PM

Mar 2015
Average ending. Liked it. Wanted Michiru pairing. Probably one of the few people with the same opinion. Was disappointed.

Series had inconsistencies but is enjoyable nonetheless.
7/10
Jun 27, 2015 12:33 PM

Jun 2015
Well, I won't say it wasn't expected, but I did still shed a tear whilst watching this episode.

The ending was perfect. The way they tied everything together with the amusement park and the Ferris wheel was so good. Tsuskasa trying to be strong but breaking down afterwards made me cry even more :(

10/10 great anime.
Jun 27, 2015 12:33 PM

Mar 2014
Pretty bad ending honestly. 6/10 series, romance was pretty bad.

That wasn't Isla at the end either.
Jun 27, 2015 12:35 PM

Dec 2008
parfaited said:
HikaruKaneko said:
Looking through the forums on MAL I'm reminded why I don't really post here anymore...(a few) people being overly critical and serious, almost to the point of ridiculousness.

Yes keep shielding yourself from the reality that not everyone views/accepts the same piece of media the in the same way.
Must be nice to wear those rose-tinted glasses all the time.
Yes, lets just assume we know exactly what others are thinking...

I already know not everyone views media the same way, it's so painfully obvious I don't know how anyone wouldn't know that. That doesn't stop me however from disagreeing with certain opinions, which is something everyone does.
Jun 27, 2015 12:42 PM

Feb 2014
Did anyone survive the ferris wheel of tears....

#Wrecked
Jun 27, 2015 12:42 PM

Jul 2014
Aleskar said:
Smudy said:
Don't tell me that this was Isla at the end? Probably not cause Tsukasa would have reacted differently to that.

Of course its her

i highly doubt they would be inhumane enough to put a resurrected Isla in the same office!!
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Jun 27, 2015 12:47 PM
Nov 2010
I liked that the ending wasn't overly dramatic and that a miracle or whatever you want to call it didn't happen. The very end with the handshake leaves you with a few options, but I am fine with all of them, so nicely done on that.

Overall, this anime had an interesting start. The whole series didn't have to go the romance way, but they handled it pretty well, in my opinion.

Mar 2015
abyss333 said:
Aleskar said:

Of course its her

i highly doubt they would be inhumane enough to put a resurrected Isla in the same office!!

Even if it's her body it's never the same. And based on the boring reaction on Tsukasa's face, I get the idea it isn't her.
Jul 2014
Dang people on here are harsh. ;-; I waned to come here to discuss this show, as I love it to death, but people are so negative.

This is one of my favourite anime out there right now. 10/10 overall, I honestly thought they were going to have even a hint of her remembering (if they didn't have a chance to save her) up until the last second. Really sad.

Love how the show did not stay with the status quo and changed things up with each episode. Overall so good. I really loved it.

The tears started to flow during last weeks episode, but this finale really had me balling. I love animes like this that touch me. :)

I hope for a season 2, or spin off or something. I want more lore added to this beautiful universe. Maybe a season 2 where he tries to get Isla to remember? Or doesn't and she remembers anyway? xD I want a happy ending so bad.

But yeah, recommend to anyone who is not overly critical of every little thing lol.
Jun 27, 2015 12:48 PM

Oct 2011
Oh the feels... We already knew everything... Damn, this was a good show. Really love it.

10/10.
Jun 27, 2015 12:51 PM

Mar 2015
Wished they focused more on their relationship more earlier but other than that an average emotional roller coaster. 8/10 Still pretty enjoyable although sometimes the comedy felt forced. Should stick to the drama aspect.
Jun 27, 2015 12:52 PM

Jan 2014
I was crying so much, that was just amazing.

Fucking heartless people I'm seeing that say they found it dumb

[SIZE=350]8.5/10[/SIZE]
DoctorWasabiJun 27, 2015 12:59 PM
Jun 27, 2015 12:53 PM
Nov 2013
Well, that was a very nice bittersweet ending. We all expected it, but it still a little teary-eyed in the end. I think it was obvious whose hand Tsukasa was shakin at the end.

I don't know about you, but I rather liked Plastic Memories. It was a little Rocky, but it was an Angel Beats type of thing. 7/10
Jun 27, 2015 12:54 PM
Jul 2018
Just plain bad.
Jun 27, 2015 12:56 PM
Jun 2015
I don't think that it's Isla at the end. If it was, I think, Tsukasa would have had a different reaction to seeing her. It would also be kinda inhumane because he is trying to move on with his life. As for the new giftia it might be a guy this time because of the shoes which look much like Zacks. Hopefully there will be an OVA to clear some stuff up after this feels aftermath, nonetheless it was a really good anime. (T_T)
Jun 27, 2015 12:56 PM

Mar 2009
Wow. There was no bullshit deus ex machina? I'm surprised...and honestly, impressed. Sad stuff, but props to them for going all the way.

Overall, this series didn't live up to my expectations. I had high expectations after the 1st episode, but instead of focusing on the connection between the Giftias and their owners, it was mostly hijinks, cheap comedy, and a tragic love story. It didn't help that the writing just wasn't there; the lifespan of the Giftias, for example, was flawed and was simply there to create drama.

Mostly a disappointment, but hey, I have to admit it was a cute show sometimes. I just wanted a better sci-fi anime from Plastic Memories, and I didn't get it.
Jun 27, 2015 12:57 PM

Jul 2014
Idk what everyone is complaining about "awkward relationship". It seems like a lot of you have some misconceptions from too much anime. This was more like a relationship than what is in a lot of the anime.

Also, his reaction to meeting Isla is normal. First of all we know he is good at putting on a fake smile. Second, it has been 9 months. He surely expected that to happen.

The anime overall wasn't perfect. It comes down to enjoyability. I did enjoy it quite a bit, it was a nice change from some of the other anime Ive been watching. Although at times the romance was a bit difficult for me to take. I definitely wouldn't be able to handle this shit in real life.

I say its a 7/10
Jun 27, 2015 12:58 PM

Dec 2014
This show destroyed me. I'm happy and sad that they didn't do a cop out and she lives somehow. And is that suppose to be Isla at the end there? Overall I really liked this show, even if the feels felt a little forced at times. 8/10
Jun 27, 2015 12:59 PM

Jun 2014
So many feels.

I wonder who the new partner is.
Jun 27, 2015 1:01 PM

Oct 2014
this anime is an example of what happens when you drive a show's scenario over the plot, plot points, and world building. for a casual drama anime watcher, you will enjoy it because it can be sad at some points, but it's so riddled with no world building, no explanations for technology and etc. that it makes the show fall apart. this show if it was 24 episodes could have been structured more better, but this isn't a manga adaptation, this is plastic memories. any thought of it being better is the thought of it being an entirely different show. they had a action moment in the anime thinking it went the route of psycho-pass, only for it to go nowhere near a action-filled climax. instead, pass episode 6 it became a full-blown slice of life. the biggest overall problem with the show is that it didn't know what to be, they rushed it without a second thought on how to build a proper world, how to explain what's happening, or explain the flaws it has overall(as people were thinking it would go the route of psycho-pass) it was a complete waste of time. 1/10 i do not recommend to anyone.
NintensityCrowdsSep 23, 2015 4:29 PM
Jun 27, 2015 1:04 PM

Jan 2014
I'm just so glad I watched this anime. This episode destroyed me in feels. My 3rd favorite anime of spring 2015.

Hope Summer lineup can do as good !!!
Jun 27, 2015 1:08 PM
Jun 2015
Nice. One of the best romance anime i've watched. Every essence/aspects of the show contributed to the feels, this includes even the sci-fi peaceful surroudings which contradict the tragedy part. 10/10 P.S. Isla is so damn cute. Idk how to relate with what those so called 'dislikers' comments though.
yeehaannJun 27, 2015 1:11 PM
Jun 27, 2015 1:09 PM

Mar 2013
Meh!!
Jun 27, 2015 1:10 PM

Jun 2014
Well this ending was expected since the beginning, but it was still emotional. It was nice to see them having fun during their final moments together. I have a feeling Tsukasa's new partner was Isla with a new memory.......
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 27, 2015 1:11 PM

Jan 2014
thebrentinator24 said:
Well this ending was expected since the beginning, but it was still emotional. It was nice to see them enjoying their final moments together. I have a feeling Tsukasa's new partner was Isla with a new memory.......

I don't think so at all, that would be too cruel in many ways
Jun 27, 2015 1:12 PM
Jul 2018
There's a sea of tears in my room. 8/10
Jun 27, 2015 1:14 PM

Apr 2014
Everyone knew it would end this way, but its still a tough pill to swallow T-T

I wonder if Tsukasa and Isla ever had sex, also Tsukasa has the ugliest crying face

I thought this anime was pretty good and at least their love lasted all the way to the end 10/10
OrangeJPJun 27, 2015 10:02 PM

Jun 27, 2015 1:16 PM

Jul 2012
Good anime really liked the final episode. That last scene was obviously to let us viewers "guess" whether or not it was Isla. I honestly do not think that it was Isla, even after 9 months you still have feelings for the person you once loved so much. Looking at his facial expression this does not seem to be Isla and the story writer is trying to troll us by not showing the face of his partner. Overall I enjoyed this anime but I don't think it deserves an 8 though.

7/10
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Jun 27, 2015 1:16 PM

Apr 2011
Sad ending but predictable. The kiss scene could have been better. Overall 8/10
Jun 27, 2015 1:24 PM

Mar 2015
Man, I had tears rolling down my eyes at the end of this episode. That doesn't happen too often with animes, which really says a lot for this series (at least for me personally). 9.5/10.
Jun 27, 2015 1:25 PM

Mar 2012
Good Anime. Liquids were flowing in my eyes. It just that, the anime didn't give us more time to get attached at the character more.. Like for Isla. if they give us more time to know Isla better, get attached, and like her more, i think this final episode will be more destructive for kokoro.

I even think that the scene where Nina was retrieved is more sad than this. I don't know.

But, overall a good show. 7/10 for me.
Jun 27, 2015 1:31 PM
Dec 2014
I wasn't ready for this ending, but I knew it was coming, we all knew...

I think the series had a lot more potential, I had higher expectations from it. It made me cry at some points especially this episode, but it was nothing more than that. I got disappointed a little, so overall 7/10 for me.
Jun 27, 2015 1:32 PM

Apr 2011
wish there was more time spent on character development throughout the show, the ending wasn't a tearjerker as I had expected it to be. if they were planning on showing both perspectives on _losing a loved one_ then good job to them.
only redeemable trait about this show is Isla.
Jun 27, 2015 1:39 PM

Jun 2013
People only truly die when they are forgotten.
Winners Don't Make Excuses

Jun 27, 2015 1:42 PM

Oct 2012
Hmm, it's good they didn't bring some unnatural deus ex machina and let Isla die peacefully.

On the other hand, there was almost nothing memorable in this series, like it was without substance.
As I said before, if they dated each other from a start there would be a lot better impact right now. I really can't say I felt something now. I dunno, one has to watch Mahoromatic or KimiUso to get better feels.

Still, there were times when even this show was kinda nice. And I really appreciate they didn't take the easy way out.

5/10 Watch once and forget.
Jun 27, 2015 1:44 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Man, even after i braced myself the entire season i still cried a little.
That was a really good ending.

I was pretty close to give a 9 but ... there was some times that was less good than others.

Anyway, overall it was very good!

8/10.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jun 27, 2015 1:46 PM

May 2014
Well I know that I was prepared for that ending ... I knew it when I click on that episode ...
But still !
The feels were pretty strong / They were super short (like 4-5 minutes of feels) but still ... so strong.
I cried like a small baby.

Anyway I don't really know what to say about that show ... overall it was enjoyable ? But I still believe that it has a huge potential "wasted" on comedy. Still it was good.
Overall 7,5 Last Ep 8
Characters 7
Main couple 7
And Tsukasa x Michiru 10 (well yeah I'm still routing for them ... I know I shouldn't)
Jun 27, 2015 1:47 PM

Apr 2015
A fairly good ending to an otherwise mediocre show. There were some good themes at work and some solid episodes, but overall things fell a bit flat. My biggest complaint is that the tone was bouncing all over the place throughout the series; many emotional scenes were cut off at the knees by poorly timed comedic relief.

The first episode alluded to a lot of potential, which ultimately went untapped. 6/10
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2015

548 by mpgodjr »»
May 15, 9:07 AM

» Are they really Android?

Animo_san - Apr 13

0 by Animo_san »»
Apr 13, 5:58 AM

» Plastic memories

Golden__Darkness - May 16, 2015

8 by Shinetizinho »»
Jan 13, 6:25 PM

» How did you feel while watching this and what impression did the anime leave on you? ( 1 2 )

sorames - Jun 8, 2023

50 by maximovich »»
Jan 12, 2:09 PM

» Tsukasa new partner (episode 13) ( 1 2 )

KeitaIssei - Jun 27, 2015

52 by saikyozero »»
Jan 2, 10:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.