Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Spice and Wolf (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 19, 2008 4:43 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hehe. Horo loves her food. <3 This was a nice episode. I love her more and more every episode.

And yeah, episode 7 is being skipped for DVD only. So it goes from 6 to 8. This isn't a mistake. ^^;
LunaNov 13, 2012 4:31 AM
Feb 19, 2008 4:52 PM

Jan 2008
Feb 19, 2008 6:11 PM

Nov 2007
Hehe, yeah, that was a cute scene. I got this:

from the same scene.

Also,

was a cute little moment.

Sorry about bad quality, I streamed the raw on nico. ^^;
Feb 22, 2008 7:31 PM

Jul 2007
First scene was priceless:

"Hey, you're drooling"
"Oh.."

Edit:
episode 7 is being skipped for DVD only
This is lame indeed =|
AwesmoeFeb 22, 2008 7:59 PM
Feb 22, 2008 7:46 PM
Aug 2007
So...when do we get Ep 7? =\
Feb 22, 2008 8:45 PM

Jan 2008
Vince said:
So...when do we get Ep 7? =

It won't be for a while considering it's going to be on DVD. I doubt it'll really even matter, the fact that they put it on DVD most likely means it has nothing to do with the plot. So it wouldn't be a factor whether we saw it or not.

As for this episode, Horo as usual was great especially at the end when she got a bit jealous.
Feb 22, 2008 8:52 PM
Aug 2007
Makes sense...alright, thanks.
Feb 22, 2008 9:09 PM

May 2007
Cute episode.

So... is it just me or is Horo a little obsessed with her own tail?
Feb 22, 2008 9:30 PM

Oct 2007
Man honey and apples sounds good right now.

Feb 22, 2008 10:11 PM

Jan 2007
that was an awesome episode. I loved how Horo charmed her way to getting the oil. And that look at the end, jealousy perhaps?
Feb 22, 2008 10:27 PM

May 2007
Faust721 said:
And that look at the end, jealousy perhaps?
Yeah, perhaps. She said Lawrence can be easily deceived by women earlier. There's gotta be jealousy too. :P

I like this episode 'cause Horo is being cute all over. :3

It's also funny that Horo and Lawrence now know how to tag team against other traders. XD
Feb 22, 2008 10:47 PM

Jul 2007
An all-around alright episode. A bit slow but good for setting up the next story arc; plus it was funny to watch their antics - working over the dirty trader and Horo manipulating Lawrence for the oil, namely. Being someone who is serious about food, I can relate to Horo's feelings this episode. Makes me want to make my own preserved fruits. =w= Can't wait to see what happens between the shepherdess, Horo & Lawrence.
Feb 22, 2008 11:34 PM

Nov 2007
This numbering system is going to be annoying since MAL will direct you the previous episode if you use the discussion feature when you add an episode on your list. I was wondering why no one had created an episode 8 discussion yet until I went to the main page and realized what had happened. Why couldn't they just create an episode 6.5 like the rest of the animes out there?

Anyways, considering that episode 7 will be skipped and released on DVD, I wonder if they will air 12 episodes for a total of 13 or if they will only air 11 episodes for a total of 12.
Feb 22, 2008 11:57 PM

Aug 2007
Man I was checking why I hadn't watched ep 7...

Anyway, this shows why Horo is called horo the WISE.
Feb 23, 2008 12:55 AM

Feb 2008
Pretty good episode. I love how Horo gets all serious, when it comes to food =P
And, was it just me or was she jealous of the shepherd?

It sucks that episode 7 is DVD only =/
Feb 23, 2008 1:33 AM

Jan 2008
Horo's jealous look at the end of the episode makes her look even more ridiculously adorable.

Feb 23, 2008 1:51 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Can't comprehend how you can say that was cute while the first thing you do is post a suggestive screenshot that totally destroys the decent mood of the anime. Also, what the hell is up with the quality of the screenshots above. :X

Anyway, good episode. Gotta love how the two of them handle their business. Looking forward to more.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Feb 23, 2008 2:12 AM

Nov 2007
cyruz said:
Also, what the hell is up with the quality of the screenshots above. :X

I said it was a stream. I watch raws of my favourite shows (which is basically just this one, this season...) on nico long before subs come out. BSS' softsubs make for better screenshot material, obviously, but they took three days to release. ^^;
Feb 23, 2008 2:12 AM

Jan 2008
cyruz said:
Can't comprehend how you can say that was cute while the first thing you do is post a suggestive screenshot that totally destroys the decent mood of the anime.

What???
The screenshot I linked over 3 days ago was something that was taken out of context for the purpose of being HUMOROUS, not to "destroy the mood of the anime". So what's so hard to comprehend when I come back later and say that Horo is adorable (in a completely different scene no less)? Can't someone poke fun at characters that they like?

I guess anime is becoming more and more like the internet these days... It's serious business!

Feb 23, 2008 3:56 AM

Oct 2007
Faust721 said:
that was an awesome episode. I loved how Horo charmed her way to getting the oil. And that look at the end, jealousy perhaps?
8GaugeBrett said:
Horo's jealous look at the end of the episode makes her look even more ridiculously adorable.

Horo is simply the best!!! :P
Feb 23, 2008 4:17 AM

Dec 2007
The end was a bit ambiguous, can't tell if it was jealousy or anger, if she hates shepards or magicians or women that easily deceive Lawrence. They pulled the ending off just right to where everything had multiple meanings, or it could have just been lost in translation heh
Feb 23, 2008 4:46 AM

Dec 2007
playconn said:
The end was a bit ambiguous, can't tell if it was jealousy or anger, if she hates shepards or magicians or women that easily deceive Lawrence. They pulled the ending off just right to where everything had multiple meanings, or it could have just been lost in translation heh

I was just about to say the same thing. Guess we got cliffhanged =p I'd really like for Horo to feel jealous, but I think they will make it so that she's just angry that he didn't heed her warnings, being instantly decieved just because of the shepard's looks.

Horo was so damn cute this episode! I loved every aspect of her =D I agree the start was absolutely priceless, with her drooling over fruit preserved in honey. She looks like she has a really sweet tooth ^^ She was also very smart while negotiating the pepper, yay for large profit! (I really like the marketing scenes in this anime, it makes it feel really unique to see some trading). Then there was the part where she convinced Lawrence to buy her some oil, showing how she can manipulate people, although personally I'd readily accept her request =p To top it off, she played a lot with her tail this episode. Totemo kawaii desu ne? ^^

I just hate the fact that the anime is already 2/3 done. I wonder if there is even the smallest possibility of a second season or something =/

Kemonomimi Shoujo, a site dedicated to beautiful nekomimis, inumimis, kitsunemimis, usagimimis and more! Check out the club, too!
Feb 23, 2008 4:48 AM

Nov 2007
Sakinho said:
I just hate the fact that the anime is already 2/3 done. I wonder if there is even the smallest possibility of a second season or something =/

Considering we're only in to novel two, and the sixth recently came out, I think there's plentiful material for a sequel, but whether we'll get a sequel run or not... who knows.
Feb 23, 2008 5:29 AM

Jun 2007
I already told you that I DO NOT snore!

I love this anime, it's really good.
Feb 23, 2008 5:48 AM

Jun 2007

Snoring Wolf
Pay attetion or she'll drink all your beer.

That new character looks nice. Let's see where that will be heading.
Feb 23, 2008 6:15 AM

Sep 2007
nice episode. and it's bad that episode 7 will be on DVD :| i don't know if it's just me but i think that Horo's a bit jealous in the girl w/ yellow hair :|

[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/_Haru&sclick=1]
Feb 23, 2008 7:54 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
rh1ngo said:
nice episode. and it's bad that episode 7 will be on DVD :| i don't know if it's just me but i think that Horo's a bit jealous in the girl w/ yellow hair :|

She's grown quite attached to Lawrence I guess, and since he seemed to be quite amazed by the new girl, she got a little jealous. :)

@8GaugeBrett:
Heh, sorry. I got issues regarding things like this, it's just me.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Feb 23, 2008 10:30 AM

Dec 2007
a cute episode ^_^

"I DO NOT SNORE!" XD
and damn, Lawr is really easily decieved,at least when it comes to Horo.

But damn that cliffhanger. I start to hate those >.<

-=Real, 100% Lelouch Lamperouge Zealot=-
Feb 23, 2008 10:31 AM

Jan 2008
It was good, but it's too bad that I can't see the seventh episode OVA :(
Feb 23, 2008 11:06 AM

Nov 2007
Horo's expressions are as cute as ever, and we have a new character intoduced. I wonder what's gonna happen?
Feb 23, 2008 12:01 PM

Jul 2007
Oh good, I quite honestly thought I had stupidly skipped over the seventh episode... ^^;;

Whether it was jealousy or anger, it was cute to see how attached to Lawerence Horo has become. Now we have to wait, thanks to that cliffhanger...
Feb 23, 2008 12:02 PM

Sep 2007
Horo was as awesome as ever and all in all it was a nice episode!

Can't wait to know more about the new character, she looks kinda cute (but not even compared to horo :P)

Feb 23, 2008 12:38 PM

May 2007
Just added ep 7 as a DVD-only special in the DB so we dont get confused. :D

http://myanimelist.net/anime.php?id=3996
Feb 23, 2008 1:54 PM

Nov 2007
So should I put 7 or 8 watched episodes in my list? @.@
Plus, this anime is so cute that I don't like the fact that I'm missing out an episode, even if it's not important plot-wise. Actually I liked this episode better than the previous one, mainly because watching Horo and Lawrence interact is just priceless. She's so cute when she's drooling!
Feb 23, 2008 3:18 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
AikoD said:
Plus, this anime is so cute that I don't like the fact that I'm missing out an episode, even if it's not important plot-wise.

Well, the episode count was adjusted as far as I know. So, according to the database, this was episode 7.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Feb 23, 2008 3:36 PM

Dec 2007
cyruz said:
AikoD said:
Plus, this anime is so cute that I don't like the fact that I'm missing out an episode, even if it's not important plot-wise.

Well, the episode count was adjusted as far as I know. So, according to the database, this was episode 7.

Can you change the discussion thread topic from Episode 8 to 7 then :)
Feb 23, 2008 3:40 PM

Jan 2007
playconn said:
cyruz said:
AikoD said:

Can you change the discussion thread topic from Episode 8 to 7 then :)

the episode is still technically episode 8, so i think that would make it more confusing.
Feb 23, 2008 3:47 PM

Dec 2007
Problem is now that the episode count has been changed to 12, when episode 13 comes out it won't auto open the discussion thread when you increase it on your anime list since you can't go to episode 13. If you dropped this thread to 7 it would be in sync with the actual counter on the anime pages, or just change the counter back to 13 since that's how it will be released as subs anyways. I'm just looking out for the people that might have no idea what happened to episode 7 and dont read the discussion threads for episodes. Personally, it doesn't matter to me either way, as long as I can watch the show heh
Feb 23, 2008 3:51 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Yeah, we're discussing it right now and we'll come up with a solution somehow.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Feb 23, 2008 4:20 PM

Aug 2007
Lawrence sure is lucky Horo isn't your typical Tsundere character...or there will surely be lots of pain for him in the future...xD

I guess even being a seasoned merchant, Lawrence is still susceptible to the allure of a sexy woman...xD
Feb 23, 2008 5:06 PM

Aug 2007
PimpToad said:

I guess even being a seasoned merchant, Lawrence is still susceptible to the allure of a sexy woman...xD

Hehe "seasoned merchant". I like that seeing as he sells spices. Horo's reaction was a little unclear, but the first thing that came into my head was jealousy.
Feb 23, 2008 5:19 PM

Aug 2007
no pun intended? =P
Feb 23, 2008 5:52 PM

Jan 2008
Was wondering where ep7 had gone till I check on myanimelist. Only 4 more episodes to go. :(

I just want Horo and Lawrence to give in and have a romp together. :)

Peaches in Honey sound interesting. Would be little too sweet however I have a huge supply of manuka honey. Anyone actually seen or heard of fruit being preserved in honey?
Dan88Feb 23, 2008 6:06 PM
Feb 23, 2008 7:05 PM

Dec 2007
Dan88 said:
Anyone actually seen or heard of fruit being preserved in honey?

Don't know how true it is but I've heard on a few occasions that honey has antibacterial properties to it. Probably was used as a preservative for some things since the alternative at the time was salt, which would make peaches, or any other fruit, pretty disgusting to eat if you left them in it.

Edit: Google delivers this link, not quite on the topic of preservation but it does talk about antimicrobial affects and how honey has been used for over 2000 years as a topical agent for infections.
playconnFeb 23, 2008 7:32 PM
Feb 23, 2008 10:08 PM
Jan 2008
I swear. It's 1:00AM and I've been up over 36 hours, and it took me nearly 20 minutes to figure our what the hell happened to episode 7. I think I understand now. Now to torrent 8 as I sleeeeeep...
Feb 23, 2008 10:11 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Dan88 said:
Anyone actually seen or heard of fruit being preserved in honey?

Yup. If you know anyone that has ever made fruit preservatives or jams, they often add sugar as a preservative - and honey acts just as well. Honey itself, actually, can be preserved for centuries! Kinda creepy, eh?

I love this anime, as well :) I wish I could pick up the novels, if we're only on #2 and there's 6 so far... If only I knew more Japanese xD
Feb 23, 2008 10:35 PM

Aug 2007
If someone can eat a 50+ year old can of chicken without at least getting severe diarrhea, then I would think anything is possible concerning preservatives...xD

I'm not knowledgeable concerning this topic, but doesn't honey act like amber or tar when it comes to preserving something?
Feb 24, 2008 4:07 AM

Feb 2008
Finally! I was just able to watch number 8. All in all a decent episode. However it could have been slightly more.....well......"spiced" is the best word I guess. ^^
The business-stuff was quite fine, but in case of events and relationship there was too less development considering the fact, that we have only 4 episodes remaining!
Hopefully they find enough time to create the deep and fascinating (plus romantic!) story we all (I assume) are waiting for. If I should have guessed from the plot itself, I would have ranked this episode as the 5th episode of a 26-episode-show!

By the way....just in case this didnt already happen, lets give our admiration for the main character a name. In english the suffix "ism" added to a word, indicates a philosophy, a system of thought, a way of looking at the world, or a value system. So lets call it "HOROISM" ! ^_^

Haha...just googled for "horoism". Seems as if this idea is quite old. Among other things I found this cuddling cute video of Horo playing golf:
http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=WwqYdERqTXQ

Even more cute Anime-Golf:
http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=0sFPZX7NEcQ

have fun.....
FTGTFeb 24, 2008 4:45 AM
Feb 24, 2008 7:02 AM

Feb 2008
Invisiblemoose said:
I swear. It's 1:00AM and I've been up over 36 hours, and it took me nearly 20 minutes to figure our what the hell happened to episode 7. I think I understand now. Now to torrent 8 as I sleeeeeep...

I couldn't figure it out at first either, saw it on veoh though. The 7th is suppose to be an ova, i think.

The mind is its own place, and in itself, can make heaven of Hell, and a hell of Heaven.
Feb 24, 2008 7:08 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
truebluenat said:
Invisiblemoose said:

I couldn't figure it out at first either, saw it on veoh though. The 7th is suppose to be an ova, i think.

Yes, DVD-only episode. http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=14362

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Pokedude97 - Jun 2, 2008

134 by 0451 »»
Yesterday, 10:55 AM

» DVD-Only Episode and Episode Count

Vince - Mar 25, 2008

28 by ReaperCreeper »»
May 11, 6:22 AM

» Vintage over modernity

JustSomeone15 - Apr 10

33 by animejas »»
May 7, 1:20 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

cyruz - Feb 14, 2008

189 by 0451 »»
May 6, 10:46 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Gwertzman - Feb 6, 2008

131 by 0451 »»
May 1, 5:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.