Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (32) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jun 20, 2015 12:17 PM

Jan 2013
Welp, what about circlejerkers' pathetic "still better than DEEN".
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jun 20, 2015 12:18 PM

Aug 2014
KamiCity said:
antonn said:

Because shounen.
I guess all the people in history that lost wars and battles due to their own ego lost "because shounen" lmao

ZeroDragon said:
Absolutely terrible episode. The insufferable shounen idiot was granted an asspull of a last minute powerup and was only able to defeat the best servant because he is the protag who has to win for the sake of the plot. All of those midair acrobatics and sudden combat prowess along with Gil not using Ea were all contrived bullshit. Archer returning to save Rin and Shirou was the worst offender. He was already killed, so he should have died.

Lol never change Zero +1

Funnily enough you responded to one sarcastic post with a lol haha in the same post you took another sarcastic post completely seriously.
Jun 20, 2015 12:18 PM

Sep 2013
frenze12 said:
Funny how Shirou could suddenly highjump like a servant...

XDD lool
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 20, 2015 12:19 PM

Aug 2014
frenze12 said:
I don't know about you guys but i really liked the new function of Rho Aigis in this episode. A gliding airboard!

I thought that whole sequence was horrible and the low point of the fight

surfing rho aias pls stop superhuman jumping strength no why
Jun 20, 2015 12:19 PM

May 2012
Disappointing episode. Very anti-climatic... and where the hell did archer come from, I thought he died?
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Jun 20, 2015 12:20 PM

Jul 2007
Mickdrew said:
frenze12 said:

XDD lool

#ShiroustrongerthanBerserker
#ShirousurpassedBeingHeroes
#AncientWeaponsOFShirou
#GilgameshGotDefeatedByGatesOfHell
Jun 20, 2015 12:20 PM

Feb 2015
King_of_Anime said:
Amazing episode. Even with the ass pulls the was great.

5/5.

Vanisher said:
How can someone defend archer shit is beyond me. Asspulls until the very end.

If I could somehow ignore that, the episde wouldn't be that bad actually.

because it wasnt a asspull
Jun 20, 2015 12:21 PM

May 2012
Insertanamehere said:
KamiCity said:
I guess all the people in history that lost wars and battles due to their own ego lost "because shounen" lmao

Lol never change Zero +1

Funnily enough you responded to one sarcastic post with a lol haha in the same post you took another sarcastic post completely seriously.
Except I put LMAO after it also, I was making a joke about it because "because shounen" would be a hilarious way to explain the fall of all the arrogant people in history.

Why did hitler fall, because shounen.
Why did napoleon fail, because shounen. Ect.

lightXTC said:
Disappointing episode. Very anti-climatic... and where the hell did archer come from, I thought he died?

but he didn't, only one actually hit him
Jun 20, 2015 12:22 PM

Jan 2013
lightXTC said:

Remember this series is only for lorefags. Why are explanations or presentations needed when there's wiki that people can find excuses? topkek
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jun 20, 2015 12:23 PM

Jan 2013
How did Archer turn up again...? He clearly died before when Gilgamesh sword-skewered him.
Jun 20, 2015 12:24 PM

Feb 2015
XeoKnight said:
How did Archer turn up again...? He clearly died before when Gilgamesh sword-skewered him.

only one sword hit him....he played dead
Jun 20, 2015 12:24 PM

Nov 2013
DawnJ said:
lightXTC said:

Remember this series is only for lorefags. Why are explanations or presentations needed when there's wiki that people can find excuses? topkek

Sane VN readers agree that it's bullshit in the source material too. The anime did it better, actually.
Jun 20, 2015 12:25 PM

Apr 2014
frenze12 said:
I don't know about you guys but i really liked the new function of Rho Aigis in this episode. A gliding airboard!

If the Shirou had fought on the ground, it would have been slightly more believable. I'll concede that in UBW Shirou has the advantage due to his swords already present, although it's still difficult to accept considering the disparity between him who hasn't experienced any real combat until this war and Gil who is very experienced. I may have been able to forgive GoB being countered so easily despite how OP it has been shown to be, but Shirou managing to deflect all of those swords BY HAND, spinning around in midair, and using Rho Aias in that matter reeked of shounen bullshit. He could hardly go against Kuzuki, a human, but yet he's able to defeat the King of Heroes, the greatest and most OP of servants.

Mar 2015
XeoKnight said:

/
/
/

KamiCity said:

but he didn't, only one actually hit him

May 2012
Lollo36 said:
DawnJ said:

Sane VN readers agree that it's bullshit in the source material too. The anime did it better, actually.
We do but there is still explanation to it, a not so good/even slightly bad one, but at least we have some explanation.

Jul 2013
XeoKnight said:

We only saw red thing disappear, not all his body like all the other servant who died though. I'm not a fan of his come back but it gaves great scenes.
Jun 20, 2015 12:27 PM

Mar 2015
ZeroDragon said:
frenze12 said:

If the Shirou had fought on the ground, it would have been slightly more believable. I'll concede that in UBW Shirou has the advantage due to his swords already present, although it's still difficult to accept considering the disparity between him who hasn't experienced any real combat until this war and Gil who is very experienced. I may have been able to forgive GoB being countered so easily despite how OP it has been shown to be, but Shirou managing to deflect all of those swords BY HAND, spinning around in midair, and using Rho Aias in that matter reeked of shounen bullshit. He could hardly go against Kuzuki, a human, but yet he's able to defeat the King of Heroes, the greatest and most OP of servants.

Well he had Rin's mana, supposedly reinforcing his limbs could suffice high jumps and acrobatics like that as Rin demonstrated before

Dec 2012
Of course people will complain about Archer Ex Machina. I felt the same way in the VN when he suddenly shows up and saves Rin and Shirou.

Feb 2015
Lollo36 said:
DawnJ said:

only the english fanbase, japan never asked nasu about this probably it was more clear in the japan VN version because the english FSN translation is very bad
Jun 20, 2015 12:28 PM

Aug 2014
DawnJ said:
lightXTC said:

Why need a wiki when it's in the source?
Jun 20, 2015 12:28 PM

Mar 2015
And the episode was simply amazing...

5/5 Dat OST, Dat Excalibur, Dat UBW vs GOB, Dat Onore

Ufo delivered
Jun 20, 2015 12:30 PM

Mar 2015
-kV- said:
Of course people will complain about Archer Ex Machina. I felt the same way in the VN when he suddenly shows up and saves Rin and Shirou.

Yeah that bothers me a little too in the VN, in fact the anime made it better by showing only one lance thing actually hiting him during Gil's attack
Jun 20, 2015 12:31 PM

Aug 2013
-kV- said:

He saves Shirou's arm technically. Rin would be dead and Shirou would be without an arm if Archer didn't show up in the anime.

Dec 2014
laidellent said:
XeoKnight said:

[img]http://i.imgur.com/3yJPmL9.png[ /img]

So are we just supposed to forget this?

One hit + the other 5 blades already buried in his back = dead Archer

Real reason for him surviving: Nasu is a hack, and the VN is badly written wish fulfillment fantasy
I am the Priest of my church
Yuetsu is my body, and wine is my blood
I have trolled over a thousand users
Unknown to sympathy, nor known to apathy
Withstood Shirou to eat Mapo Tofu
Yet, my question will never be answered
So as I rejoice, Unlimited Kirei Works!

Jan 2013
Insertanamehere said:
DawnJ said:

wiki, source, doesn't matter, it's a separate media. It must stand by itself.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jun 20, 2015 12:32 PM

Aug 2014
FUCKING AMAZING!!!!

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Jun 20, 2015 12:33 PM

Aug 2013
DawnJ said:
Insertanamehere said:

wiki, source, doesn't matter, it's a separate media. It must stand by itself.

For this particular nitpick, it does.
The Komori

Mar 2013
My god....

Between some people randomly throwing out the word asspull and Fai and the Salt Brigade assuming that everyone else but himself is brain dead and cannot comprehend what's happening in front of their eyes/cannot read, I dunno which is more disgusting

Like come on man....Really? Your hate is that strong lol?

Feb 2015
TrueKirei said:
laidellent said:

[img]http://i.imgur.com/jMcltGsl.png[img]

Real reason for him surviving: Nasu is a hack, and the VN is badly written wish fulfillment fantasy

you mean the same animation when servants go to the spirit form :^)
Jun 20, 2015 12:34 PM

Jan 2013
Not when it fails to deliver.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな

Jul 2013
TrueKirei said:
laidellent said:

[img]http://i.imgur.com/jMcltGsl.png[/i mg]

We didn't saw his body, just red things like his clothes.
And he had some holes in his clothes in the episode.
(Not a big fan of his come back anyway but thanks to it, we had his smile and him speaking to Rin)

Aug 2013
DawnJ said:
Not when it fails to deliver.

That's such a copout subjective excuse. You're essentially saying : "The info isn't there because I missed it".
Jun 20, 2015 12:35 PM

Dec 2014
xShigarakix said:
you mean the same animation when servants go to the spirit form :^)

No, this is very different energy. Trust me I know, I am the overseer after all.
Jun 20, 2015 12:35 PM

Jun 2015
Just realized that this episode was the first time they subbed the "My body is made of swords" version of the chant. Every other time they subbed it as the "I am the bone of my sword" version, even the parts where its actually the "My body is made of swords" version. Damn you crunchyroll, now no one can see the actual differences between the Shirou and Archer chants.

Also just noticed they used a remix of "into the night" during the chant. Nice touch.

Jun 20, 2015 12:36 PM

Aug 2014
I don't understand how people couldn't like this, I really don't.

Feb 2010
xShigarakix said:
King_of_Anime said:
Amazing episode. Even with the ass pulls the was great.

5/5.

Vanisher said:
How can someone defend archer shit is beyond me. Asspulls until the very end.

If I could somehow ignore that, the episde wouldn't be that bad actually.

>Defending "oh yeah this character didn't die" shit writing

Yeah sure bro, the only thing you could call foreshadow about that is that they didn't show his whole body disappearing and that's shit tier foreshadowing at best. Yet he said he was almost out of mana that day and he summoned UBW as well.

But hey, don't be mad fanboys, I thought the rest of the episode was decent.

Sep 2014
Tokoya said:
My god....

Between some people randomly throwing out the word asspull and Fai and the Salt Brigade assuming that everyone else but himself is brain dead and cannot comprehend what's happening in front of their eyes/cannot read, I dunno which is more disgusting

Sit back and rejoice, this will be one of your last chances to taste their salty tears in a long time until heaven's feel comes out.
Jun 20, 2015 12:37 PM

Aug 2014
If only the rest of the anime could have been like this amazing episode. Vn music remixes finally too!

Jan 2015
Am I the only one that feels that saber is made to look too cute in this episode? I mean look at the number of blank and surprised faces. After like having zero and the whole UBW anime carrying this solemn look, all of a sudden saber was drawn like a innocent character with those stunned faces and wided-open mouths. ._.

Dec 2014
black1blade said:

Then you are too close minded to see other people's point of view.

You should really try to understand people, it's the only way to reach world peace

Jan 2013
"Go rewatch the video and there is a evidence that explains", it could explain, but does not work. If watchers felt "what the fuck?" instead of "OMFGGGG he is back!!!@!!@1111!one!!!1", it just failed to deliver correctly and naturally. It's all about presentation that UFOTABLE failed in the entire season.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな

Nov 2013
black1blade said:

We need to make a different thread where we just circlejerk about how amazing this episode was. I still feel the hype, dammit.
Jun 20, 2015 12:38 PM

Feb 2015
Vanisher said:
xShigarakix said:

Yeah sure bro, the only thing you could call foreshadow about that is that they didn't show his whole body disappearing and that's shit tier foreshadowing at best. Yet he said he was almost out of mana that day and he summoned UBW as well.

its not a asspull because,His core was not destroyed. Servants are inhuman. They are Spirits embodied via mana vessels. As long as their core is not destroyed they can continue existing as long as they have enough mana. remember at EP 12 they even showed assassin core,

Aug 2014
Vanisher said:
xShigarakix said:

Well rin is dead I suppose. Shirou is armless. Shirou probably commits suicide after wards the end :/

Sep 2014
black1blade said:
If only the rest of the anime could have been like this amazing episode. Vn music remixes finally too!

Give episode 2 Church on the Hill and we have ourselves the episode episode of the series! lol
Jun 20, 2015 12:39 PM

Apr 2014
Tokoya said:
My god....

These once fair lands are naught but a forsaken realm where the fools, the insane, and the souls lost to despair frolick in their doomed bliss.
Jun 20, 2015 12:40 PM
Apr 2015
Everyone keeps calling on Archer's BS revive mechanics but what about santa? He also has white hair and red clothing.
Jun 20, 2015 12:40 PM

Aug 2014
TrueKirei said:
black1blade said:

Then you are too close minded to see other people's point of view.

You should really try to understand people, it's the only way to reach world peace

But
this episode.this episode.this episode.this episode.this episode.this episode.this episode.this episode.this episode.this episode.this episode.this episode.this episode.this episode.this episode.this episode.this episode.

Jun 20, 2015 12:42 PM

Jan 2013
frenze12 said:
Everyone keeps calling on Archer's BS revive mechanics but what about santa? He also has white hair and red clothing.

wtf are you talking about

santa is real
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jun 20, 2015 12:42 PM

Dec 2014
Tokoya said:
My god....

Pages (32) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 11, 2015

1719 by icim_fitto »»
Apr 27, 4:58 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1557 by Swatheesh123 »»
Apr 9, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 17, 2015

1448 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 9:40 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 9, 2015

1316 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 9:35 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1282 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 16, 7:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.