Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (32) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jun 20, 2015 11:48 AM
Jun 2014
ZeroDragon said:
Absolutely terrible episode. The insufferable shounen idiot was granted an asspull of a last minute powerup and was only able to defeat the best servant because he is the protag who has to win for the sake of the plot. All of those midair acrobatics and sudden combat prowess along with Gil not using Ea were all contrived bullshit. Archer returning to save Rin and Shirou was the worst offender. He was already killed, so he should have died.

You never cease to amuse me.

Jun 20, 2015 11:49 AM

Jul 2013
Eniie said:
mira-nyan said:

Independent Action.

Also, look at pg 2. He only took 4 swords. 3 of them were normal.

Thank you, and what about Shirou using Rhio Aias without ever seeing Archer use it before?

He saw Archer's memories though.
Jun 20, 2015 11:49 AM

Jan 2014
anti-climatic tbh, but at least they played Arata na yoake
Jun 20, 2015 11:50 AM

Feb 2015
Eniie said:
mira-nyan said:

Independent Action.

Thank you, and what about Shirou using Rhio Aias without ever seeing Archer use it before?

he saw archer ubw in the church scene and also memories
Jun 20, 2015 11:50 AM
Jun 2009
Caliburn220 said:
They fucking did it! New Dawn remix. Why am I the only one excited for this? That track is WAYY better than EMIYA.

5/5 episode for New Dawn remix alone. It was well executed as a whole, though.

i totally agree...i also was hoping for new dawn to be in this ep and i wasn't dissapointed!
5/5 too
Jun 20, 2015 11:51 AM

Aug 2014
Eniie said:
mira-nyan said:

Independent Action.

Archer knowledge entering him and seeing UBW, episode 15/19?
Jun 20, 2015 11:52 AM

Jan 2015
SaintEmiya said:
xShigarakix said:

saber got rekted also powerlevel in nasuverse are just rock paper sicciors

My memory on this is hazy, but wasn't Gilgamesh defeating Saber due to using multiple weapons and interchanging them, as well as summoning them whilst fighting. Saber only has the one sword whilst Gilgamesh (despite not being a "wielder") can still use a variety.

Shirou obviously has no problem with this :P.

But I'm probably wrong soeh.

Gilgamesh fought saber in zero??! The only encounter I remember was the one where he was standing beside the grail so saber couldn't use her noble phantasm. That's all right?
Jun 20, 2015 11:53 AM

Dec 2014
ZeroDragon said:
Absolutely terrible episode. The insufferable shounen idiot was granted an asspull of a last minute powerup and was only able to defeat the best servant because he is the protag who has to win for the sake of the plot. All of those midair acrobatics and sudden combat prowess along with Gil not using Ea were all contrived bullshit. Archer returning to save Rin and Shirou was the worst offender. He was already killed, so he should have died.

Nonsensical in the highest degree. How did Emiya Shirou project Rho Aias? He never saw it!
Only included into the show because that hack Nasu couldn't think of a way to get that ginger faker to beat a servant. He would've been cut to shreds if this was a seinen.

Also, apparently Archer can survive being skewered. Why not have best priest show up - if we're pulling comebacks out of thin air? This is soap opera level of ridiculous. Why not just have Rin get pregnant and have Shirou's future self be the father?
I am the Priest of my church
Yuetsu is my body, and wine is my blood
I have trolled over a thousand users
Unknown to sympathy, nor known to apathy
Withstood Shirou to eat Mapo Tofu
Yet, my question will never be answered
So as I rejoice, Unlimited Kirei Works!

May 2015
TokonatsuYuu said:
SaintEmiya said:

My memory on this is hazy, but wasn't Gilgamesh defeating Saber due to using multiple weapons and interchanging them, as well as summoning them whilst fighting. Saber only has the one sword whilst Gilgamesh (despite not being a "wielder") can still use a variety.

Gilgamesh fought saber in zero??! The only encounter I remember was the one where he was standing beside the grail so saber couldn't use her noble phantasm. That's all right?

Oh, I'm referring to the fate route :P

Nov 2011
Shirou and his asspulls wins. Makes sense for a protagonist plot.
Hate Keeps me warm

Aug 2010
Irrelative said:
chakracat said:
I feel bad Gilgamesh died such a pathetic death, he didn't even use Ea.

Pay attention to Gilgamesh in Heaven's Feel. It's his best route. :)

*snrk*
Jun 20, 2015 11:54 AM

Feb 2015
TokonatsuYuu said:
SaintEmiya said:

Even if you go by anime logic,its clearly stated Gil merely owns all weapons,he will not win in a one on one against a servant who is very good in CQC.Shirou's projection magic is broken anyways >.>
Jun 20, 2015 11:55 AM

Feb 2014
Archer has the smile we want to protect.

Nov 2013
Remove all the sarcastic bullshit and the cringey role-playing and you've got a subforum that's 10 times better and is much easier to navigate. But no, gotta waste everyone's time.

Dec 2012
Wish Gil vs Shirou was a bit longer, and we could have seen Shirou blasting back different kinds of Noble Phantasms Gil is throwing at him as opposed to generic swords. That's the only negative. That and the lack of a hug or something between Shirou and Rin at the end of all that fighting.

Otherwise, it was a perfect penultimate episode.

F/Z fans should be happy with the conclusion of Saber's arc.
Jun 20, 2015 11:56 AM

Mar 2015
I'm waiting to watch it subbed, however I can already see that Ufo delivered :)
Jun 20, 2015 11:56 AM

Jan 2015
So after re-watching the episode I'd say that seeing Gil getting absolutely rekt was amazing. From his fear, to his hesitation to his smirking, it was all glorious. Seeing Excalibur was beautiful as well no more servants though which is sad.

The ost's and animation was on point as always. Along with great last minute development for Shirou.

This is basically the last episode, don't know why they just didn't make it a double but whatever. Great episode sad that it'll be gone. Just as good as F/Z.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jun 20, 2015 11:58 AM

Jan 2015
IheartC2 said:
Shirou and his asspulls wins. Makes sense for a protagonist plot.

What was an asspull about Shirou's win? The anime clearly stated why he won accordingly.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jun 20, 2015 11:59 AM

Apr 2014
Lollo36 said:
Remove all the sarcastic bullshit and the cringey role-playing and you've got a subforum that's 10 times better and is much easier to navigate. But no, gotta waste everyone's time.

Jun 20, 2015 12:00 PM

Jan 2015
laidellent said:
TokonatsuYuu said:

Even if you go by anime logic,its clearly stated Gil merely owns all weapons,he will not win in a one on one against a servant who is very good in CQC.Shirou's projection magic is broken anyways >.>

So gil's weakness is cqc?
Jun 20, 2015 12:00 PM

Apr 2012
Wait so how did archer come back again?

Jun 20, 2015 12:01 PM

Jan 2013
Only if CG spamming could save the anime. I don't really care about the story but the directing is just plain bad.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな

Mar 2015
Zeally said:

Independant Action, Caster's mana, wasn't hit in the core, etc

Mar 2015
DawnJ said:
Only if CG spamming could save the anime. I don't really care about the story but the directing is just plain bad.

Lots of CG = bad directing is not a good mindset to have.
Jun 20, 2015 12:02 PM

Feb 2015
Zeally said:

check page 2
Jun 20, 2015 12:03 PM

Jul 2007
TokonatsuYuu said:
laidellent said:

His weakness is the fact that Shirou's UBW can fire weapons faster(because they are already there) while Gil has to bring them out of the gate.
And in hand to hand combat Gil only has his own talents while Shirou via projection copies the stats and skill of the original wielders of the weapons he copies.

Caliburn220 said:
DawnJ said:

But ufoUBW does have both of those things in every fight.

Jun 2015
There were definitely some faults in this episode. Some of the fight choreography in UBW was laughable (SuperShirou flying and deciding to deflect at least 50% of the swords by hand), the weird ass Grail monster thing was just weird, and the really rushed UBW incantation had no tension.

However, this episode still had so much hype to it. The UBW fight, while not perfect, was miles ahead of DEEN's one sword fight and they actually had UBW fulfill its actual purpose, and Excalibur was beautiful. And Archer was sexy.

And that OST. THAT OST. DAT THIS ILLUSION. DAT SORROW. DAT SWORD OF PROMISED VICTORY. DAT EMIYA. DAT NEW DAWN. God, I'm both happy and pissed that they included these VN songs in this episode. Happy because I got to hear them, but pissed they didn't use more of them throughout the rest of the adaptation.

4/5 on my objective scale.

5/5 on my hype scale.
-Sherou-Jun 20, 2015 12:13 PM

Dec 2014
Lollo36 said:

Jun 20, 2015 12:05 PM

Jan 2013
Caliburn220 said:
DawnJ said:

Maybe reading between lines when there is none is not a good mindset to have, use of CG was super bad in almost every episode. They are only shiny, there is no dynamic aspect. Simply, they don't look cool in any way.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jun 20, 2015 12:05 PM

Dec 2012
Seeing Saber's end made me wish there was a Fate route adaptation, or at least some scenes from that route.

Hopefully the epilogue will contain a "10 years later" scene either before or after the CW.

Either way, I'd give this series an 8/10. 7 if you are being critical, 9 if you are a fan, 8 in the middle.

Not as good as F/Z, but then again, F/Z had the advantage of not having multiple routes and benefited from an ensemble cast.
Jun 20, 2015 12:06 PM

Feb 2015
TokonatsuYuu said:
laidellent said:

Basically Gil merely owns those weapons,he doesn't how to use them to max potential,so you see him standing there spamming weapons after weapons because he doesn't want any servant to come close to him.UBW neutralizes his swordspam so he is exposed.

Also,when Shirou copies and projects a weapon,he gains the knowledge of the most hax way of using that weapon.

See the difference >.>
Jun 20, 2015 12:07 PM
Mar 2013
IM SO FUCKING DEAD MY BELOVED ARCHER THAT FUCKING KILLED ME JUST END MY LIFE JUST END IT FUKCING RIGHT NOW

jesus christ i already knew that scene but holy hell it hurts it hurts so bad

5/5 great episode i love

Jul 2007
TheWorldOfDio said:
There were definitely some faults in this episode. Some of the fight choreography in UBW was laughable (SuperShirou flying and deciding to deflect at least 50% of the swords by hand), the weird ass Grail monster thing was just weird, and the really rushed UBW incantation had no tension.

However, this episode still had so much hype to it. The UBW fight, while not perfect, was miles ahead of DEEN's one sword fight and they actually had UBW fulfill its actual purpose, and Excalibur was beautiful. And Archer was sexy.

And that OST. THAT OST. DAT THIS ILLUSION. DAT SORROW. DAT SWORD OF PROMISED VICTORY. DAT EMIYA. DAT NEW DAWN. God, I'm both happy and pissed that they included these VN songs in this episode. Happy because I got to hear them, but pissed they didn't use more of them throughout the rest of the adaptation.

4/5

Frnakly as much as this episode has flaws if the rest of the show was at this level, I would be somewhat okay as it would be decent. If it was on the level of Ep20, the show would b e what it should have been.

Sadly this show is literally few shiny gold coins dumped in the puddle of fecal matter.

Aug 2013
TheWorldOfDio said:

4/5

That's fair criticism. Shirou should have spammed more and the fight should be longer or at least not be cut to another scene. Shirou doing acrobatics was ridiculous. The anime should have just had him on the ground like in the VN.

Dec 2014
ZeroDragon said:

I agree with you wholeheartedly. It's absolutely inconceivable that the idiot hero was suddenly able to keep up, let alone injure the King of Heroes. It has been already demonstrated during last episode that he can't match Gilgamesh even when he can already rain swords, but in this episode he is suddenly able to keep up despite the fact that his abilities hasn't really changed. He was supposed to be in a bad shape at this point, and suddenly he's fighting like he's a servant.

Archer's asspull at the end is just rubbing salt into the wound.
Jun 20, 2015 12:08 PM

May 2008
For the first time of the series I wasn't "into" the action because of ugly CGs, rhythm inconsistencies and lack of tension where it should have been.
I hope the Blu-Ray version will improve this.
Jun 20, 2015 12:08 PM

Sep 2014
Sooooooooo why did Gil pause for like 5 minutes in between saying 'Faker' and getting swallowed by the grail?
The sun is a deadly laser
Jun 20, 2015 12:09 PM

Aug 2013
mira-nyan said:
Sooooooooo why did Gil pause for like 5 minutes in between saying 'Faker' and getting swallowed by the grail?

Bad directing or simply a mistake. Either way, that shouldn't have passed the QC.
Jun 20, 2015 12:10 PM

May 2012
Amazing episode. Even with the ass pulls the was great.

5/5.
Jun 20, 2015 12:11 PM

Jul 2007
mira-nyan said:

Bad attempt at tension/padding/etc. One of many weird decisions.
Jun 20, 2015 12:12 PM

Sep 2014
CookingPriest said:
mira-nyan said:

Bad attempt at tension/padding/etc. One of many weird decisions.

Kolios said:
mira-nyan said:

Bad directing or simply a mistake. Either way, that shouldn't have passed the QC.

Oh~ Ufo
The sun is a deadly laser
Jun 20, 2015 12:12 PM

Feb 2010
How can someone defend archer shit is beyond me. Asspulls until the very end.

If I could somehow ignore that, the episde wouldn't be that bad actually.
Jun 20, 2015 12:13 PM

Sep 2013
CookingPriest said:
If it was on the level of Ep20, the show would b e what it should have been.

CookingPriest said:

Too sum up - too much Archer wank, not nearly enough Shirou focus.

What should have been Shirou teaching Archer a lesson from what Shirou experienced through the route was turned into Achaa teaching idiot ginger a lesson. Meh.

3/5

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 20, 2015 12:13 PM

May 2014
So next week we have an epilogue, huh?
For some reason I feel strange. Animation was great, story adaptation close enough to VN, music ok, but for some reason I still can't say that I greatly enjoyed it (like F/Z for example)...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 20, 2015 12:14 PM

Dec 2014
Sparteh said:
So next week we have an epilogue, huh?
For some reason I feel strange. Animation was great, story adaptation close enough to VN, music ok, but for some reason I still can't say that I greatly enjoyed it (like F/Z for example)...

because F/Z is a million times better than UBW.
Jun 20, 2015 12:14 PM

May 2012
antonn said:
Steven15ify said:
Wait, didn't Gilgamesh hold his own against Saber at Fate/Zero? And now he loses to Shirou?

Because shounen.
I guess all the people in history that lost wars and battles due to their own ego lost "because shounen" lmao

ZeroDragon said:

Lol never change Zero +1
Jun 20, 2015 12:15 PM

Jul 2007
Mickdrew said:
CookingPriest said:
If it was on the level of Ep20, the show would b e what it should have been.

CookingPriest said:

Too sum up - too much Archer wank, not nearly enough Shirou focus.

What should have been Shirou teaching Archer a lesson from what Shirou experienced through the route was turned into Achaa teaching idiot ginger a lesson. Meh.

3/5

Way to take my posts out of context. If you notice I clearly said that majority of problems with EP20 are beacuse EVERYTHING before it sucks in terms of characterization or explanations. If it did not, as it was it would be a decent adaptation of answer. DECENT.

Dec 2014
Very likely the worst episode in the series. Rewatching it now, they clearly had no idea what they were doing. Although I suppose it's not very surprising. What can you expect from source material this mediocre? ufo can do their best, but the VN is too much weight to drag. This was a complete mess.
5/5

May 2015
KamiCity said:
antonn said:

Because shounen.
I guess all the people in history that lost wars and battles due to their own ego lost "because shounen" lmao

Someone should tell General Custer that :P.
Jun 20, 2015 12:17 PM
Apr 2015
I don't know about you guys but i really liked the new function of Rho Aigis in this episode. A gliding airboard!

Funny how Shirou could suddenly highjump like a servant...
Pages (32) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 11, 2015

1719 by icim_fitto »»
Apr 27, 4:58 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1557 by Swatheesh123 »»
Apr 9, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 17, 2015

1448 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 9:40 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 9, 2015

1316 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 9:35 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1282 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 16, 7:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.