Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 7, 2015 6:26 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, that bunny sleeping outfit. Cute.

Hard to keep eyes off of that floating guitar though. Not too shabby for the buildup in the first half. I suppose there's stress put on these idols and I don't think that's surprising. The music was kinda catchy I guess but the way she was playing it didn't seem like it was for enjoyment. Their boss is such a bully taking advantage of ChuChu.

Cyan's determination though.

Stark700Jun 7, 2015 8:42 AM
Jun 7, 2015 7:41 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Idiot Chuchu. She ticked me off with her ego. Very good ending to this though...but it doesn't make me like her any more really. The other three are better.
Jun 7, 2015 7:43 AM

May 2015
12 episodes is just waaaay too small for such a huge cast of characters. Seriously. I'm a huge SB69 fan, so seeing all the plots getting really compressed is kinda disturbing me. Aww.

In any case, Plasmagica fans' awaited final piece of the drama puzzle finally makes an appearance in the anime. I still wish it could've lasted at least 2 episodes, but this is alright. Everything about it is very Chuchu like. As long as she's still the Chuchu we've known for the last 2 years, I'm fine with it.

At this point, the final overarching plot is reaching its climax. A plot that's exclusive to the anime, so now none of the game fans can really tell what's gonna happen next... Grateful King. All the odds are ridiculously stacked against him right now, and being the character that this entire conflict revolves around, I'm really interested to see where this goes.
Jun 7, 2015 7:50 AM

Aug 2010
So Berry was The Great? I wonder how Chuchu would react to that :P

Glad the drama didn't drag. Chuchu's ambitions are understandable and the way it was solved wasn't bad. Loved the "It wouldn't be fun if we didn't at least have one slightly evil character" XD They just accepted her as is :3
Jun 7, 2015 7:52 AM

Nov 2008
I'm glad ChuChu snapped out of it, although her ego is nearly infuriating, nice work Strawberry Heart.

Jun 7, 2015 8:40 AM

Apr 2015
Ha, all these people who weren't expecting that from Chuchu. Anyone who plays the game already knew.

But what I'm wondering is if Criticrista are okay. I'm genuinely worried for them.
Jun 7, 2015 8:55 AM

Apr 2015
ya i thought strawberry heart and the king are the same because of their voice.

So........the legendary strawberry heart is just an...instrument that the king possess? Nothing special then
Jun 7, 2015 8:56 AM

Apr 2015
Now everyone's secret has been review
Jun 7, 2015 10:21 AM

Sep 2013
Meh, Chuchu should have turned into a dark monster who sings, then the girls beat her with her own song, that would have been better.

Sorry Cyan but Maple is Best Girl <3

Jun 7, 2015 11:20 AM
Apr 2015
Chuchu was never going to leave. She's heavily featured in the theme song. That means she can't leave.
Still riding the Mr. Berry (I suppose it's Grateful King now) hate train, and this episode doesn't really help.
Jun 7, 2015 11:53 AM

Jan 2014
This was like: "how to destroy a character in 20 minutes".
Jun 7, 2015 12:07 PM
May 2014
Did anyone notice the change in the ED?
The manager is the first one playing the song (instead of Cyan).
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Jun 7, 2015 12:48 PM

Jan 2015
konatachan80 said:

Wow, you are so clever
Jun 7, 2015 12:49 PM

Mar 2013
Damn, the animation was so good this ep, especially when Chuchu was getting manipulated.
Jun 7, 2015 12:56 PM
May 2014
Xenocrisi said:
konatachan80 said:

Wow, you are so clever

Well, someone has to be..
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Jun 7, 2015 1:05 PM

Nov 2014
That's was... quite easy. I thought they leave Chuchu exorcism for the next episode or even till end.
Jun 7, 2015 3:04 PM
Jul 2018
Berry was The Great.

ChuChu returned back to normal so fast!
Jun 7, 2015 4:19 PM
Jun 2015
The first thing I've thought of Chuchu is that she's considerate. She still is... but it's rather a little lame to think Plasmagica is a stepping-stone to her ambitions.

What she thinks of Grateful King is different from today. It'll be interesting if she knew he's working for the wrong side, and I'm glad he's getting suspicious.

Chuchu may be snapped out of it, but it's gonna be something she needs to think about. It won't be the same again.

But something's keeping me curious now... What's keeping Grateful King tied to the Unicorn Virtual? What has he to lose?
Jun 7, 2015 5:01 PM

Apr 2015
lennyfanime223 said:
But something's keeping me curious now... What's keeping Grateful King tied to the Unicorn Virtual? What has he to lose?

It seems that King is trapped in there against his will. That's why he's possessing the guitar because that's the only way he can contact Cyan to help her.
Jun 7, 2015 6:20 PM
Jun 2015
I was very happy when Chuchu back to normal.

So the next episode is the final battle? I'm excited and sad because this series is almost over... TuT.

I hope Show By Rock!!have a second season or at least a movie that I can watch in mid-december :')
Jun 7, 2015 7:51 PM

Apr 2015
Blackforenyan said:
I hope Show By Rock!!have a second season or at least a movie that I can watch in mid-december :')

If there ever is a second season or some sort of continuation of anime-canon, I'd want it to feature all the bands who weren't important in SB69A (that being all but 5 of them, so 15!). So many bands in the game that I love didn't appear at all...

*cough*Chammy Chaplets, StuddoBan Gyasshu, and Rapezziauto*cough*
BeatlesPkmnFan42Jun 8, 2015 8:01 AM
Jun 7, 2015 10:41 PM

May 2015
^ if they're keeping it at 12 episodes still though, it might be wise to just keep the main band count at around 4-5. I was about to say 3 but I remembered that Trichronika technically counts as a protag band alongside Plasmagica and Shingan so it's very highly unlikely they'll get excluded.

also I still really want SS Mind on the main spotlight
Jun 7, 2015 10:46 PM

Jul 2012
Holy macaroni. Okay it's not to much of a surprise if someone like me learns the game profiles (and watch the shorts before this anime even existed), Chuchu really wants to have that solo dream and used her birthchild (Plasmagica) as that stepping stone... Like she said. It was interesting that Dagger took this cruel advantage to brainwash Chuchu and HELL THAT WORRIED ME because I know enough Chuchu. Q_Q

I was hoping like..

>Chuchu becomes a Wi- I MEAN MONSTER!!
>Plasmagica and mostly other bands band up *cough* to stop said monster.
>Hopefully Chuchu is saved with DESTINY song.

I almost forgot that Destiny is Chuchu's written song while Starlight is Cyan's song. Very nice use of bringing the instrumental back and ACTIVATE FEVER!!!

I am not to surprised that the progress between Grateful King and Strawberry Heart are all one person. Dang. So Chuchu doesn't know that Strawberry Heart is her idol controlling that pink thing... Still I love the key elements.

Grateful Rock Festival... The last destination of this season. Its sad that not all band members get major spotlight or a single episode dedicated to them (then again this anime is about Banded Band Records, but Judas or whatever "label" Darudayuu is in!), but I hope the "final bossses" will be pretty epic! (And hopefully there is a way to bring back the CriCris. If they are dead still in-game, I WILL SOB!!!)

BTW no one knows in MIDI CITY knows the CriCris are MIA?! Bummer. :(

I love the new alt. ending with Maple performing, lol! (And how he was animated... Oh god. I won't be tired looking at him bouncing around, lol!)

Now to wait... I am kind of sad that its ending because I grew attached to the anime and got me into the game. Q_Q;

P.S. HI THERE SB69 TUMBLR COMMUNITY!

"Everyone go love Cyan!"
Jun 8, 2015 5:59 AM

Apr 2011
I like how Retoree said, "It wouldn't be fun if we didn't at least have one slightly evil character". I agree with her. I'm surprise Grateful King and Berry are the same, I never thought well that their voice are the same.

Good episode.
Jun 8, 2015 3:14 PM

Jan 2013
It was easier to bring her back then I thought it should be. Good episode
Jun 11, 2015 3:48 AM

Oct 2014
Lol, Maple suddenly appeared on ED credit.. xD

ichii_1 said:

read from right to left
Jun 11, 2015 8:57 AM

Jun 2013
Very good episode as always! Sad that theres only 2 episodes left
Jun 12, 2015 2:34 PM

Oct 2011
ChuChu is back
Jun 13, 2015 5:29 AM

Oct 2008
The change of the ED visuals were hilarious, you could see Maple-san starting the musicals and also he was loitering while the goons from Shingan were running!
ChuChu is one very ambitious bastard! and it was harsh to say that Plasmagica is just a stepping stone for her.
Dagger made ChuChu plummet into the depths of despair and made her appear the dark aura. And also the reason why ChuChu made her say that she wants to quit from Plasmagica, but of course, Cyan, Moa & Retoree were able to bump the sense out of her so that she would return to her former self, but with a great cost, we could hear that Berry-san last words were accompanied with heavy exhaustion.
Berry-san is also the song writer of Dagger-san.
5/5.

Jun 13, 2015 7:02 PM

Feb 2013
LOL Maple in the ED.

Wow, Chuchu had me scared for a while there. She really did almost leave. I hope to hear more of the song they played.
Jun 14, 2015 2:23 AM

Jun 2015
Dang I only realized Berry san was the Grateful King this episode when they said it...I didn't recognize the voice and connect those two together at all
Also omg evil chuchu...she definitely looked like the dark character lol
Jun 18, 2015 10:18 AM

Dec 2011
Smudy said:
Idiot Chuchu. She ticked me off with her ego. Very good ending to this though...but it doesn't make me like her any more really. The other three are better.

Then you wouldn't have liked the entire Plasmagica as a band, would you? Chuchu is still an amazing person. Well, if Chuchu were really that horrible as a person, she wouldn't possibly have formed the band, and she didn't even need to quit the band for her own ambition.

Everyone has a dark side of their own, but good-natured people are strong enough to overcome it.

That said, the more I watched this anime show, the more beautiful Cyan-chan became to me =><=
raidenwarriorJun 18, 2015 7:07 PM
Jun 18, 2015 10:21 AM

Dec 2011
HawkEye6591 said:
Lol, Maple suddenly appeared on ED credit.. xD

ichii_1 said:

LOL So you were a musician, too, Mr. Maple? XD
Jun 21, 2015 6:09 AM

May 2010
Chuchu became more beautiful after this episode. I love how the characters have depth in this anime.
Jul 12, 2015 4:54 PM

May 2012
Nice episode but I do wonder what was up with that ending! And lol that ED!
Aug 21, 2015 4:58 AM

Oct 2010
madoka plasmagica .-.
Aug 28, 2015 9:12 PM

May 2015
I don't really mind what happened with ChuChu, I agree with Retoree here: It wouldn't be as fun if none of them had a dark side. ChuChu was too "perfect" before anyway. And I don't find it hard to believe she started the band as a stepping stone. When you don't know the people you'll become involved with, it's easy to make plans of leaving them. Now that they've become great friends, it just wouldn't be right. Maybe she can still reach her goal someday, but I'd like to think she'll leave on friendly terms, not "I'm quitting today."

And LOL @ that Maple ending. What a weirdo.
Sep 12, 2015 9:09 AM

Nov 2011
Plot usable in its simplicity, nothing so original under the sun, it also narrative on stessso plan even if in the end I was happy for what I saw. Nice background music, you really can say: Music is life, music is love. Finally the story reaches its climax, showing the first moves of Dagger. Nice designs together, opening and ending fresh and sparkling, I love them.
Aug 11, 2016 9:13 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
Chu Chu was manipulated by Dagger. Fortunately the staff of Plasmagica managed to bring her back to her senses.

King and Berry-san are the same person. It was possible to guess it on early episodes because king and berry used the same voice actor.
Jan 17, 2017 3:43 AM

Dec 2016
Thankfully they were able to cure Chuchu quickly.

Haha at the manager taking the spotlight during the end.
Dec 10, 2019 1:46 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I felt a bit bad for Chuchu, she's a part of the group too but she must gets rid of that jealousy
Sep 14, 2020 12:51 PM
Dec 2014
TBH, Chuchu's desire is not uncommon among bands. A lot of band members go their own way because of differences in what they want.

Also here's something to think about. Chuchu in a sense had a more concrete reason to leave that should have been explored. Cyan almost didn't make a previous live concert after leaving to fight a dark monster. Who's to say this isn't a regular occurance that could disrupt future performances.

This would affect the band overall and could be seen as them not being reliable to the public. Who'd wanna pay for tickets featuring a band that may or may not be able to go on. Also who'd promote feature a band with a spotty ability to go on knowing it would risk customers not paying.

On top of this, they know Cyan will leave at some point and she's the face of the band. Losing her would have affected the bands reputation and team work.

Plus, with the whole spotty attendance mentioned above, after Cyan leaves. Plasmagica may not get any gigs. To top it off, who'd hire band members who only showed up part time to work in more menial jobs.

In that sense,rather than just being that she was being jealous, they could have had Chuchu jumping ship before her rep may be damaged and her ability to gain work is more difficult

. If anything it would have saved the other members since the band could crumble without Chuchu's leadership. Could still gain work at least if the reason was band just broke apart.

It would have been better handled. In fact, there has been bands in the past were the absence of a member was practically a death sentence. They either failed to perform at their previous level or just broke up.

GenesicKaiserSep 20, 2020 1:01 PM
Mar 29, 2021 4:27 PM

Jun 2016
Dagger being sneaky and manipulating Chuchu like that, but the power of Plasmagica's song, brought her back to her senses. It was also nice to see Chuchu's backstory. I wonder what has happened to the Grateful King tho.

Highlight: Plasmagica's song bringing Chuchu back to her senses

Nov 24, 2021 12:28 AM

Jul 2019
I actually don't mind that Chuchu got turned back to normal this fast. I want everyone to be happy. Except Dagger. I hope someone gives him a circumcision with a dull and rusty breadknife.

I'm still salty because of the missed opportunity of showing Angelica in a swimsuit, by the way...
Dec 1, 2021 8:22 AM

Feb 2020
I'm glad ChuChu didn't quit the band.

Maple performing in the ending was hilarious. xD

Cyan was so adorable in that bunny outfit. ^_^

Feb 14, 2023 5:42 PM

Aug 2020
Chuchu's ego... Glad she finally snapped out of it but I definitely like her a lot less now..

More topics from this board

Poll: » Show By Rock!! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LunyRem - Jun 21, 2015

87 by Chromatus »»
Mar 17, 1:07 PM

Poll: » Show By Rock!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2015

205 by nanajp »»
Dec 16, 2023 7:46 AM

Poll: » Show By Rock!! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 19, 2015

51 by ravioliqueen »»
Feb 11, 2023 4:01 PM

Poll: » Show By Rock!! Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 10, 2015

49 by Muow »»
Aug 14, 2022 7:22 AM

Poll: » Show By Rock!! Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2015

34 by Serafos »»
Dec 1, 2021 9:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.