Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
No Matter How I Look at It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Not Popular!
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 2, 2015 3:37 PM

Feb 2015

I'm not sure if there's a manga, movie, etc.. but does this character EVER learn from her mistakes and stop blaming everyone else for her problems?

I thought the show was very funny at first but it has become annoying in how she seemingly never clues in that she is the cause of all of her own problems.

I'm also starting to think she's exceptionally dim witted to not see what's blatantly true.

Yes, it's meant to be exaggerated, but c'mon... There's no arc. There's no progression. It's becoming dark and sad to watch her screw up constantly.
Jun 2, 2015 3:42 PM

Nov 2014
That's the downside of this show. When i finished i was like "Ok, and now ?"

They tend to pick on the MC a bit too much. I felt bad for her way too many times :(.
Jul 21, 2015 4:36 PM

Jul 2015
Maybe it was just the whole point of the Anime was for comedic purposes? And to make the viewer realize that they can't really connect with the MC because that's not how they would really approach things :P
Aug 19, 2015 8:02 PM

Sep 2013
Tomoko reminds me of a few people I have encountered over the years (and of myself when I was young). Comic exaggeration helps to lighten the mood, but there is an ugly reality at the core of this character. She is trapped in a deep rut. In her present state of mind, she is incapable of learning from her mistakes and improving her situation. She simultaneously blames other people for her problems and places herself above them, while at the same time wanting to be included in their activities and to be part of the larger community of the school. Although she constantly thinks about her problems and tries to find solutions, she is blind to the underlying causes of her situation. It is a cycle of social anxiety and incompetence leading to depression and loneliness, making the social problems worse and leading to even more depression and hopelessness. Emerging from this vicious cycle is extremely difficult, and some people never make it. Although this series may seem frustrating and ridiculous, personal experience tells me that it is frighteningly realistic.

Tomoko comes across as a potential emotional vampire. She spends most of her time dwelling on her problems, but she is unable to get to the root of her difficulties and gets nowhere. If someone actually managed to get close to her, she would probably babble incessantly about her problems and suck all of the emotional energy out of the relationship. In the series, Yuu is probably closer to her than anyone, but it is clear that Yuu has other friends and other interests, and keeps Tomoko at arm's length, fortuitously sparing herself from the full force of this torture. The viewer, however, is in the unfortunate position of having access to all of Tomoko's internal ramblings and is brought far closer to her than any of the side characters in the series, so despite the considerable sympathy the viewer may have for her, watching her and hoping for any improvement in her situation is an exercise in frustration. I believe this is intentional, and the series does a great job of depicting this sort of person. There may be little progression, but that is the whole point. People like this spend many years being stuck, going in circles, and dragging along with them any unfortunate soul who comes too close. Given that I have come too close to more than one real-life Tomoko (and suffered accordingly), and that I was once a real-life Tomoko (and thankfully got over it), this series hits very close to home for me.
WeirdHeatherAug 19, 2015 8:09 PM
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Sep 3, 2015 11:05 PM

Dec 2012
Of course not. Just like real life.
I am important. I have a girlfriend. Check out my podcast

More topics from this board

» Need help identifying a song

XeroBeat - Apr 26

1 by CatChud »»
Apr 26, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2013

240 by Thnikkakid »»
Apr 11, 7:56 PM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2013

201 by 5hadow17 »»
Apr 11, 4:27 AM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2013

377 by OpelManta »»
Mar 27, 3:48 PM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

rederoin - Jul 8, 2013

653 by OpelManta »»
Mar 27, 3:26 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.