Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail Zero
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 1, 2015 3:09 AM

Jan 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Zeira...most figured as much, but still sad to see it confirmed she's an illusion. :(
Jun 1, 2015 3:35 AM
Sep 2012
Finally the new chapter is out. So we get some long unanswered question finally answered.

First of all as far Mavis dying young and be a short lived guild master not so fast, perhaps she lived a longer life and had a longer reign than we thought. She is never going to grow anymore because of that magic she used to save Yuriy, so a Loli for life, no wonder Mest was a member of Fairy Tail. But seriously Mavis and Suger from One Piece kind of have the same problem.

Now the long answered question, is Zeria dead of alive, is real or an illusion, the answer she is an illusion. Who didn't see that coming? We have a Cat Shelter situation here, it is still sad even though I saw it coming. I wonder if the Zeria illusion will have any parting words for Mavis next chapter.

It looks like we have one more chapter to go till this story is over, here is hoping for an anime or OVA adaption. It deserves one.
blfanJun 1, 2015 5:35 AM
Jun 1, 2015 3:48 AM

Jun 2013
Nice chapter. So Zeira is indeed a illusion of Mavis.
Jun 1, 2015 4:24 AM
Oct 2014
I figure something was up with Zeira.

So she is pretty much the same as Wendy's old guildmates from Cat Shelter (except Roubaul the "GuildMaster" who created the illusions).

OR there is the possibility (could be a stretch) that Zeira is the same as Mavis is in the "Current/original" Fairy tail manga. A spirit that only certain individuals can hear and see after death. (A unique spirit situation similar to Roubaul and Hilda)
Jun 1, 2015 4:26 AM

Apr 2008
bkim999 said:

So she is pretty much the same as Wendy's old guildmates from Cat Shelter (except Roubaul the "GuildMaster" who created the illusions).

OR there is the possibility (could be a stretch) that Zeira is the same as Mavis is in the "Current/original" Fairy tail manga. A spirit that only certain individuals can hear and see after death. (A spirit situation similar to Roubaul or Hilda)

It's also very possible that Mavis is actually ALIVE inside of Lumen Histoire and the Mavis everyone has been seeing is an illusion since only those with the guild's emblem can see her.
Jun 1, 2015 4:29 AM
Oct 2014
Darklight0303 said:
bkim999 said:

OR there is the possibility (could be a stretch) that Zeira is the same as Mavis is in the "Current/original" Fairy tail manga. A spirit that only certain individuals can hear and see after death. (A spirit situation similar to Roubaul or Hilda)

It's also very possible that Mavis is actually ALIVE inside of Lumen Histoire and the Mavis everyone has been seeing is an illusion since only those with the guild's emblem can see her.

With that stunt growth/mature side effect from Law, that is also a possibility. Then again, it feels weird if Mavis is similar to Zeref (minus the curse part).
bkim999Jun 1, 2015 4:36 AM
Jun 1, 2015 4:36 AM

Jan 2008
I'm thinking ghost, more than illusion. There's just too much personality.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Jun 1, 2015 4:40 AM

Apr 2008
kevin_video said:

There's as much personality as Mavis wants since she controls EVERYTHING about it.
Jun 1, 2015 4:40 AM
Oct 2014
kevin_video said:

Are you forgetting Wendy's old guildmates from Cat Shelter (something I mentioned earlier)? They were illusions with personalities created by Roubaul (an individual who lived around the time of Zeref before he was cursed) and manage to fool Wendy for many years. Zeira could be no different, but the ghost idea is still possible.
Mentioned earlier, Zeira could be a ghost that only Mavis can see and hear (similar to how Mavis is in the original manga).
bkim999Jun 1, 2015 4:52 AM
Jun 1, 2015 4:55 AM

May 2009
A twist so telegraphed that when it came the telegram sistem got phased out and everyone now is writing emails.
Jun 1, 2015 5:23 AM

Mar 2013
She said so herself in chapter 1: Not a single one had survived.

Now go reread all the other chapters and go ah!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 1, 2015 5:30 AM
Sep 2012
So Zeria being related to Cana theory is out the window. But I think that perhaps that maybe Cana could be Zeria reincarnated. I mean they looks so similar there has to be some connection.

Perhaps Lucy is Mavis reincarnated, I always thought that was a possibility, I know we have Mavis ghost, but in other series like Inuyasha and Avatar: The Last Airbender / Legend Of Korra ghosts and reincarnations can co exist. Makes me look at the Zeria groping Mavis in the bathhouse in a new light if they are Cana and Lucy now, granted that is not the real Zeria, but still we don't know what the real Zeria personality would be like if she survived.

That is why I hoping that she is a ghost and not an illusion, because if she is not real, than Zeria never got her redemption, that is why I like the idea that Cana is her reincarnation, and thus Mavis got to be friends with her for real, and helped her out by giving her Fairy Glitter twice.
Jun 1, 2015 5:40 AM

Apr 2008
blfan said:
So Zeria being related to Cana theory is out the window. But I think that perhaps that maybe Cana could be Zeria reincarnated. I mean they looks so similar there has to be some connection.

Perhaps Lucy is Mavis reincarnated, I always thought that was a possibility, I know we have Mavis ghost, but in other series like Inuyasha and Avatar: The Last Airbender / Legend Of Korra ghosts and reincarnations can co exist. Makes me look at the Zeria groping Mavis in the bathhouse in a new light if they are Cana and Lucy now, granted that is not the real Zeria, but still we don't know what the real Zeria personality would be like if she survived.

That is why I hoping that she is a ghost and not an illusion, because if she is not real, than Zeria never got her redemption, that is why I like the idea that Cana is her reincarnation, and thus Mavis got to be friends with her for real, and helped her out by giving her Fairy Glitter twice.

the reincarnation idea is kind of a huge stretch.
Jun 1, 2015 6:00 AM

Aug 2010
the O in ZERO is completely gone from the front page and what's left is ZER.... which makes me think of ZEREF

also the truth is out, poor Mavis :(
Jun 1, 2015 6:12 AM

Dec 2013
Were we meant to be surprised at the twist at the end?

Still it was cool learning why Mavis is so small.
Jun 1, 2015 6:30 AM

Dec 2011
Great chapter and at the end i couldn't help letting my tear fall a bit...
Jun 1, 2015 6:36 AM

Jul 2007
bkim999 said:

With that stunt growth/mature side effect from Law, that is also a possibility. Then again, it feels weird if Mavis is similar to Zeref (minus the curse part).

But we do not know that do we?

Zeref was "cursed" because of magic he was creating.
Mavis suddenly became unable to age because of magic she cast.
The only difference in it is that in first case we seen Zeref "get cursed".

Darklight0303 said:
bkim999 said:

I think there's no doubt that Mavis that is around is an illusion, the question is why would Makarov hesitate to wake up the "real" Mavis.

I am thinking Mavis will somehow snap(since big part of her current personality is built on Zeira having survived, while Mavis in the end of Chapter 1 "couldn't go see fairies anymore")
Jun 1, 2015 6:53 AM

Nov 2011
I'm not surprised by this but still...:/
Jun 1, 2015 7:34 AM

Jun 2013
So...Mavis was left to that kind of Body...because she Saved Yuriy....damn...Immortality...I would want that kind of immortality.

...I Knew it...T.T Zeira....I knew it but this is still..So Sad...
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Jun 1, 2015 8:15 AM
Nov 2007
Right into Mavis feels ;(
Jun 1, 2015 8:28 AM

Apr 2008
lienleaf said:
But mavis and zerefs immortality do differ, eh?
Zeref cant die
but Mavis simply cant age.
Also, poor Mavis, living 7 years alone in a deserted Island after a trauma. Daamn

It's still immortality. Zeref cannot be KILLED whereas odds are Mavis can be killed by conventional means.
Jun 1, 2015 8:49 AM

Oct 2011
Sad but great chapter

Jun 1, 2015 8:59 AM
Feb 2015
I'm not sure Zeira's an illusion. Normally, all illusions could be seen and heard by anyone. Cait shelter members were seen by everyone, Mavis's normal illusions are seen by everyone.
Zeira is not seen by anyone else than Mavis. The closest example to this is Mavis ghost who can be seen by guild members and only them.

I guess Zeira is a ghost, and only Mavis can see her. Zeira died back in the 1st chapter. Perhaps Mavis will think Zeira's an illusion and she will reject her. Zeira will grow desperate to be friends with Mavis again ,to be able to convince her she isn't simply an illusion. She will go to zeref, the only one besides mavis who would be able to see her, and he will resurrect her as sayla from the tartaros guild, but by the time Sayla's back, Mavis sacrifices herself for the guild, and Sayla will hate fairy tail for taking away her best friend. This will be the reason she will want to destroy the guild trough elfman. This is my guess.
Jun 1, 2015 9:00 AM
May 2015
Mavis 110% psycho confirmed.
But I feel like Zeira's been responded to at least once by the others, it just seems weird. The time that she was completely ignored was the recent two chapters, and for that I can say I didn't expect it. Could be a ghost, doubt it though, Zeira was likely an actual person but ended up dying and perhaps even cursing Mavis just before her death which created a trauma and a illusion(Or a imaginary friend to be more exact) of another Zeira to cope with the current situation and whatnot.

My reasoning for this is that there would be no reason for her to imagine her before the whole crisis and who would create a friend who's a douche plus she had a father before, unless we start to have a theory that Mavis always was living alone.
Ice_FlowJun 1, 2015 9:03 AM
Jun 1, 2015 9:38 AM

Apr 2008
Yoru91 said:
I'm not sure Zeira's an illusion. Normally, all illusions could be seen and heard by anyone. Cait shelter members were seen by everyone, Mavis's normal illusions are seen by everyone.
Zeira is not seen by anyone else than Mavis. The closest example to this is Mavis ghost who can be seen by guild members and only them.

I guess Zeira is a ghost, and only Mavis can see her. Zeira died back in the 1st chapter. Perhaps Mavis will think Zeira's an illusion and she will reject her. Zeira will grow desperate to be friends with Mavis again ,to be able to convince her she isn't simply an illusion. She will go to zeref, the only one besides mavis who would be able to see her, and he will resurrect her as sayla from the tartaros guild, but by the time Sayla's back, Mavis sacrifices herself for the guild, and Sayla will hate fairy tail for taking away her best friend. This will be the reason she will want to destroy the guild trough elfman. This is my guess.

Mavis's conscious illusions can be seen and heard by all. However Mavis had no idea she made Zeira and believed she was alive. It's different. Reincarnation as Sayla is highly unlikely
Jun 1, 2015 1:09 PM

Apr 2013
Yeah it's finally out! And the feels, knew the others could not see or hear her but if Yury is saying she is an illusion and next chapter a miracle of Zeira maybe she is a ghost or a fairy that took her form to keep Mavis from falling into despair.
Jun 1, 2015 1:43 PM

Dec 2008
DONT END THE CHAPTER THERE DAMN ITTTT!!!
Ughhhhhhhhhhhhh!
I loved Yuriy's resolve to protect Mavis. If their ages weren't so different, I'd ship them so bad.

Now I'ma go be upset that the chapter ended too early. Time to wait a month ;-;
Jun 1, 2015 1:44 PM

Mar 2015
So that's why Mavis' body is like that. I thought Zeira was a ghost before, but an illusion is close enough.
Jun 1, 2015 1:45 PM

May 2013
Yep everyone saw that one coming.
Jun 1, 2015 2:37 PM
Jan 2015
For me, it sounds very likely that some kind of fairy spirits took pity on Mavis situation at tenrou island and casted an illusion to give her a friend, so that she could live on and endure her suffering by having someone to keep her company. Maybe zeira itself is a fairy in the form of the girl, or a ghost maintained by the power of the island/fairies. I think that is what the miracle will be about, the power of the bond mavis created with ghost-zeira (and then, yuriy, precht and warrod) that helped mavis endure all the pain and grow strong, so much that she creates a guild based on that.
Jun 1, 2015 9:23 PM

May 2012
sad for Zeira..

Jun 1, 2015 11:38 PM

Aug 2012
As expected of Zeira still sad though. Also we learnt why Mavis is small.
Jun 2, 2015 12:54 AM

Jan 2013
It was expected that she was an illusion, still... :/

So in return of that magic Mavis will have a young body until she dies... well... can't say that it's totally a bad thing...
Jun 2, 2015 4:39 AM

Aug 2010
Thank u Yuriy for making Mavis a permanent loli :3

I'm interested how old Mavis actually is now if she's alive or at least how old she was when she died if she did indeed die. It wasn't confirmed she's immortal right? Its just that she won't grow.
Jun 2, 2015 5:05 AM

Jun 2013
So the "O" in the word Zero, disappeared. So guess when all the remaining letters (ZER), fade, the series will end.
Jun 2, 2015 7:28 AM

Mar 2014
A month... a fucking month! We waited a goddamn month for this chapter and what is it about? Something that we all already knew from the second bloody chapter.

Jesus H. Christ.
Jun 2, 2015 8:14 AM

May 2014
Darklight0303 said:

Hmm I'll start believing this from now on.

OT: Oh right Mavis was unconscious huh
So she will never have any boobs 😭😭😭
I wanna know how she died though, if it wasn't because of this...
I totally ship those two.
Mavis and Yuriy.
Aha seems like it huh. Maybe she died of shock lol.
Jun 2, 2015 9:26 AM
Mar 2015
Yuriy's choice of words "no one can see Zeira...no one can hear her voice" comes across the same way as Zeref in the GMG arc. Remember Zeref told Mavis he can't see her or hear her voice, and then he goes on talking to her. This is an allusion.

Zeira is a ghost, not an illusion.

Pay attention to the flashback page.
1. Zeira asks Precht where Mavis is, but he doesn't respond.
2. Zeira tells Mavis the 3 of them never listen to her.

Mashima has deliberately left Zeira's existence murky, all while readers have argued about it, because it is the central conflict. Now that it has climaxed into confrontation, it's clear the author has some greater purpose to it. But I doubt it's going to be as simple as "You don't need imaginary friends, because you have real ones." It's more going to be like, "Friends listen to each other."
Jun 2, 2015 12:22 PM

Sep 2014
Wonder why did they remove the "O" from Zero..
Zeira not being real was pretty obvious, still feels bad :c I'm not sure about her being an illusion though. Everyone should be able to see dem illusions.
Immortality for forcing herself to cast that spell, kinda convenient if you think about it.
Darklight0303 said:

This seems really plausible, betting on this.
Jun 2, 2015 12:29 PM

Apr 2008
nerfx said:
Wonder why did they remove the "O" from Zero..
Zeira not being real was pretty obvious, still feels bad :c I'm not sure about her being an illusion though. Everyone should be able to see dem illusions.
Immortality for forcing herself to cast that spell, kinda convenient if you think about it.
Darklight0303 said:

This seems really plausible, betting on this.

It's not convenient to watch everyone you care for grow old and withered and die while you live on though
Jun 3, 2015 12:43 AM

Sep 2014
Darklight0303 said:

It's not convenient to watch everyone you care for grow old and withered and die while you live on though

Sure that's pretty much the only negative aspect, wanted to say she could've died or something hence I said it's "convenient".
Jun 3, 2015 10:47 AM
Oct 2011
I feel like zeira is a ghost... like she was mavis friend who had been with her the whole time but she died sometime on the island
Jun 3, 2015 11:54 AM

Mar 2009
Fairy Tail Zeira?

Why is Mavis wearing her white dress and those fairy like wings in hair? How can She already walk and be so full of energy after casting such major spell? She can't age, She can't grow. Is the Mavis that Yuryi see already a spirit?

// Edit. What if next chapter the miracle will be that Mavis will offer her body and grant it to Zeira so She can live and be happy? XD
SleepnDreamnJun 3, 2015 12:00 PM
Jun 3, 2015 11:57 AM

Apr 2008
SleepnDreamn said:
Fairy Tail Zeira?

Why is Mavis wearing her white dress and those fairy like wings in hair? How can She already walk and be so full of energy after casting such major spell? She can't age, She can't grow. Is the Mavis that Yuryi see already a spirit?

She's still alive at this point.
Jun 4, 2015 6:47 AM

Aug 2013
that twist..
why the chapter end there!
I need to be filled!
Jun 6, 2015 12:46 PM
May 2015
So that is why Mavis looks so young. And there is no surprise about Zeira tbh.
Nov 15, 2016 8:28 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Zeira is a ilusion!!!! suprise!!!
Sep 8, 2017 1:57 PM

Feb 2013
Isn't it a good thing is she can't age?
Zera is already dead??

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Zerø Chapter 1 Discussion

koleare - Jul 27, 2014

47 by FedeMetal »»
Nov 6, 2022 7:17 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Zerø Chapter 2 Discussion

uzee - Aug 16, 2014

47 by ahbargazan »»
Aug 23, 2022 9:57 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Zerø Chapter 13 Discussion

Aiko_Hiroshi - Jul 18, 2015

39 by Detective1412 »»
Nov 17, 2018 3:17 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Zerø Chapter 12 Discussion

Darklight0303 - Jun 19, 2015

30 by Detective1412 »»
Nov 17, 2018 3:05 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Zerø Chapter 10 Discussion

Forever_A - Apr 16, 2015

29 by Ulquiorra »»
Sep 8, 2017 1:54 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.