Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 21, 2015 11:04 AM

Aug 2011
The place where I usually buy my stuff (CDJapan) is sold out on the novels and ebay and amazon aren't much help (either they don't have them or they're grossly overpriced collector merch). Is there any other place where I can buy the books that anyone knows of?
死ねカス国に帰れ
May 24, 2015 9:07 PM
Mar 2012
Honto and Kinokuniya are great sites to buy the Japanese light novels. Depending on where you reside, however, you may have to pay expensive international shipping fees, so it's best to buy in bulk to reduce that.
Nov 20, 2016 8:53 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
shiroyume said:
The place where I usually buy my stuff (CDJapan) is sold out on the novels and ebay and amazon aren't much help (either they don't have them or they're grossly overpriced collector merch). Is there any other place where I can buy the books that anyone knows of?

Dunno if you are aware but the LNs got fully release in english, all the six volumes in 3 omnibus formats, just search amazon.com and you will find them, got mine from there.
Jun 3, 2019 11:52 PM

Jan 2010
Playcool said:
shiroyume said:

Dunno if you are aware but the LNs got fully release in english, all the six volumes in 3 omnibus formats, just search amazon.com and you will find them, got mine from there.

Hello you seem to know much about this so I want to confirm something!

I noticed that the Japanese version has 7 volumes, but the english version only has 4 volumes. Is this correct? I don't want to miss anything >///<
I plan to buy the english one. Is 4 volumes all?
Jun 4, 2019 8:45 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Shicchi said:
Playcool said:

Hello you seem to know much about this so I want to confirm something!

I noticed that the Japanese version has 7 volumes, but the english version only has 4 volumes. Is this correct? I don't want to miss anything >///<
I plan to buy the english one. Is 4 volumes all?

What I know is that, at first, there were only 6 volumes in Japan, and their produced to launch the english translation having 2 volumes per book, so what you see in english is actually omnibus release, with 3 books, 1 includes vol1&2 and so forth.
Volume 7 on japan seemed to be released after they released the 6 volumes in 3 books in the west, and sadly I dont think they plan to ever release 7th, which sucks...
But I have read only till the middle of the second book in the west (which makes me having to read and complete the first 3 volumes released in Japan), and I m under the assumption that the plot ends in volume 6, so 3rd book, and that volume 7 is just some extra stories or something... dont take my word for the last piece of info, but I m pretty sure about the rest.
The books are a decent value considering you are paying for 2 volumes per book, whereas for other LNs they usually release it 1 per book, all said, each volume in the west usually seems to be around 170-200 pages, and here with two volumes in one book for Seraph, you get an average of 300-310 pages per book, make your own conclusions.

Also the writting on these books is the best the series has ever seen, and since the writter has always been a LN writter, and Seraph was his first time writting for a manga as far as I m aware, it shows he know what he is doing when writting LNs.
Point is, any fans of the series that want to read more should get these books, I usually dont pay for stuff, but it was the only option here since fantranslation SUCKED, very poor editing, and the books are definitly worth it.
Actually I stopped at the best part, and was sidetracked with something else, but this is damm good writting and will leave the fans engaged and addicted to binge read.

Edit:
Seems I was wrong about 7th... it was already released in english (alone):
https://owarinoseraph.fandom.com/wiki/Guren_Ichinose:_Catastrophe_at_Sixteen_(Book_7)

Also there seem to be plans to release the sequel LN, nice:
https://owarinoseraph.fandom.com/wiki/Guren_Ichinose:_Resurrection_at_Nineteen_(Book_1)
PlaycoolJun 4, 2019 9:00 AM

More topics from this board

» Theories/Debates (Spoilers) ( 1 2 )

sunny-j - Jun 13, 2015

66 by Smartara14 »»
Aug 22, 2018 10:38 AM

» Volume 7 release date?

thegodsjoker - May 4, 2016

8 by Nallieheai »»
Apr 22, 2018 11:33 PM

» Manga Adaptation

HappyMN - May 1, 2017

3 by Playcool »»
Jan 9, 2018 9:38 AM

» It'd be great if they just made an anime for this!

dakotasapphire - Nov 9, 2016

6 by dakotasapphire »»
Nov 24, 2016 6:45 PM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph Volume 3 Discussion

Playcool - Nov 23, 2016

0 by Playcool »»
Nov 23, 2016 5:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.