Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (29) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
May 23, 2015 11:40 AM

Nov 2013
Only complaint: UBW plothole, even if it's for symbolism reasons or whatever, that's a shit move after showing Archer starting to disappear. Aside from that though I liked the episode.
May 23, 2015 11:40 AM

May 2012
Eylandos said:

I mean you could ignore what people are telling you, but I hope you don't do that in a classroom. It's a big flaw in the human psyche to believe they are right even when they are completely proven wrong. It's a cognitive bias called the backfire effect. Instead of "shaking your head" take a moment to research and learn things. It will help you in interpreting any form of writing.

Although I have to say there are problems with the adaptation, it isn't perfect. Your complaints though are explained in it.
May 23, 2015 11:41 AM

Sep 2014
black1blade said:
bobzanny said:

Can you tell me what Shirou said in the VN instead of the steel is my body line?

Isn't the Japanese version of UBW chant different?

Shirou's is different. Hence why the Japanese version(the language he speaks it in cos he's crap at Engrish) is different.
The sun is a deadly laser
May 23, 2015 11:42 AM

Aug 2009
mira-nyan said:
black1blade said:

Isn't the Japanese version of UBW chant different?

Shirou's is different. Hence why the Japanese version(the language he speaks it in cos he's crap at Engrish) is different.
the translation what is wrong not the chant
May 23, 2015 11:43 AM

Apr 2014
CloudStrifeFFVII said:
What would you guys rate this episode after watching the subs?

This was my favorite of the second season!

9/10.

There are some explanations and monologues that are missing as usual, but at least Archer made it clear that Shirou's ideal stems from copying Kiritsugu's ideal and how Shirou had deluded himself after seeing how happy Kiritsugu was when he saved him (12:50-13:4)). I'm not a fan of the second UBW usage, but the clash was done very well even if it was different from the VN.
May 23, 2015 11:43 AM

Apr 2015
okay...that was...

wow.

I think my biggest "wtf" was that I had NO idea where all that imagery came from. Seriously, how are they there together, viewing there memories, talking to each other, and all that, I never got how. I mean, I got why, and honestly I thought that they portrayed shirou's desire and wish really well here in the context of the anime alone (as in, not an accurate representation of the novel but still gets the point across really well regardless.) minus a few lines like ""you're right. But even if you're correct, you're not right."

I'm going to pretend that that line was something else LOL Or that CR fucked up the translation. But still, minus a few lines, It was really done well. Infact, I didn't even mind emiya's replacement, I found it beautiful and really fitting. There's plenty of time to still use it. it can even still be used for this battle.

but seriousssslllyy

wtf happened, I'm so confused at the logics of all this...I probably should just let it go, cause rule of cool, but still...LOL

At least the anime seems to make it a point that casting UBW doesn't cost any mana at all, just the using of swords within it. (that's how I interpreted it as possible at least.)
May 23, 2015 11:44 AM

May 2015
CookingPriest said:
CloudStrifeFFVII said:
What would you guys rate this episode after watching the subs?

This was my favorite of the second season!

3/5 still. Subs actually made it worse as it became clear that they did not elaborate on Shirou's sociopathy(that it is not survivor's guilt) and translation was wonky as hell.
It was good but not enough,i was expecting more so i'll give 4/5
May 23, 2015 11:44 AM

Aug 2014
Othi-tan said:
mira-nyan said:

Yeah that is what I thought.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
May 23, 2015 11:45 AM

Dec 2014
Eylandos said:
TrueKirei said:

It makes even less sense in the VN

If you didn't get it here, you may as well give up on ever figuring it out

I am already this far, might as well watch the whole at this point smh.

It's not even worth that. Just skip the rest of this show and wait for Heaven's Feel. It's the best route.

Or you can always watch Deen's movie adaptation. You'll get the rest of this route in just 30 minutes, and it isn't dragged down with BS philosophy with Shirou and Archer arguing over who's the bigger hypocrite.
I am the Priest of my church
Yuetsu is my body, and wine is my blood
I have trolled over a thousand users
Unknown to sympathy, nor known to apathy
Withstood Shirou to eat Mapo Tofu
Yet, my question will never be answered
So as I rejoice, Unlimited Kirei Works!

Oct 2014
bobzanny said:
Can you tell me what Shirou said in the VN instead of the steel is my body line?

The Japanese version of "I am the bone of my sword".

Mar 2015
EmphaticPikachu said:
I think my biggest "wtf" was that I had NO idea where all that imagery came from. Seriously, how are they there together, viewing there memories, talking to each other, and all that, I never got how. I mean, I got why, and honestly I thought that they portrayed shirou's desire and wish really well here in the context of the anime alone (as in, not an accurate representation of the novel but still gets the point across really well regardless.) minus a few lines like ""you're right. But even if you're correct, you're not right."

Stories exist in the abstract. There doesn't have to be an explanation for it.

Aug 2014
Archer almost disappears from mana but has enough to cast UBW, lol.

The not-survivors-guilt explanation, was actually there, but less clear and not nearly as impactful with the botched distortion scene.

Why the change from this;
You're shown that it is just a fantasy that is covered with lies, and still
To
When i'm shown it's a fantasy.....

Feels a bit needless. I'm going to assume this is a subbing thing, though.

Other than that still fine and still probably best episode of second cour.
May 23, 2015 11:46 AM

Jul 2013
"Just because you're correct doesn't mean you're right!"

...looool typical of Shirou to say something like that xD

Jan 2015
KamiCity said:
Eylandos said:

I mean you could ignore what people are telling you, but I hope you don't do that in a classroom. It's a big flaw in the human psyche to believe they are right even when they are completely proven wrong. It's a cognitive bias called the backfire effect. Instead of "shaking your head" take a moment to research and learn things. It will help you in interpreting any form of writing.

Although I have to say there are problems with the adaptation, it isn't perfect. Your complaints though are explained in it.

My questions from last week are still not explained. As I said before, I will read the VN to iron out the details.

Some of you mentioned I have to go back to episode 1 and 4. Fine. I will do that tonight when I come back and see if what you are saying is true.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Aug 2014
TrueKirei said:
Eylandos said:

It's not even worth that. Just skip the rest of this show and wait for Heaven's Feel. It's the best route.

Or you can always watch Deen's movie adaptation. You'll get the rest of this route in just 30 minutes, and it isn't dragged down with BS philosophy with Shirou and Archer arguing over who's the bigger hypocrite.

I...
Don't like your opinion

May 23, 2015 11:47 AM

Apr 2015
Caliburn220 said:
EmphaticPikachu said:

Stories exist in the abstract. There doesn't have to be an explanation for it.

can I at least get a, "it's all an imagination of shirou emiya that allows him to come to terms with himself and his future"?

:c?
Apr 2014
WrongPriest said:
Eylandos said:

Lancer ex machina

That's how the Tale of Cu goes

As a servant it's manifested as a skill called "Battle Continuation" Allowing him to survive clearly mortal blows for a period of time.

I guess that makes more sense when you have a stats menu with all the servants.

May 2012
Eylandos said:
KamiCity said:

My questions from last week are still not explained. As I said before, I will read the VN to iron out the details.

Some of you mentioned I have to go back to episode 1 and 4. Fine. I will do that tonight when I come back and see if what you are saying is true.

Alright, all fair then. Plus good your reading the VN, it will honestly explain a lot more especially since you get the first route also. Since this is the second route you are missing a lot of world building.
May 23, 2015 11:48 AM

Sep 2012
This is it, gentlemen. The episode that defines the whole VN and which elevates UBW into a completely different level beyond what the others two routes ever reached.

A broken man's realization of his own borrowed ideals facing the harsh truth of living for them, but, even after facing the results of his twisted way of live that lead to his ideal, which will be filled with suffering, sadness and regret, he keeps on pushing forward for it, in the memory of the person that showed the beauty behind saving those in need. Because, in his eyes, the path he took, is taking and will take is not wrong.

Episode of the year right here, filled with excellent animation, amazing soundtrack and very emotional monologues.

10/10 Ufotable, you delivered.

Aug 2014
CarenPriest said:
"Just because you're correct doesn't mean you're right!"

...looool typical of Shirou to say something like that xD

The wrong right is derived from righteousness isn't it?

Oct 2014
Insertanamehere said:

I bet it's a mistranslation and Saber actually notes that Archer's mana is "disappearing" instead of the "near 0" that was said in this episode, or something like that. I mean it's the translator who just f*cked up so badly by using "Steel is my body" instead of "I am the bone of my Sword".

Sep 2014
Othi-tan said:

I was gonna say that, but then I thought he meant the VN ~.~
EmphaticPikachu said:
okay...that was...

wow.

I'm going to pretend that that line was something else LOL Or that CR fucked up the translation. But still, minus a few lines, It was really done well. Infact, I didn't even mind emiya's replacement, I found it beautiful and really fitting. There's plenty of time to still use it. it can even still be used for this battle.

but seriousssslllyy

wtf happened, I'm so confused at the logics of all this...I probably should just let it go, cause rule of cool, but still...LOL

At least the anime seems to make it a point that casting UBW doesn't cost any mana at all, just the using of swords within it. (that's how I interpreted it as possible at least.)

Shirou is getting Archer's memories as they clash swords. It was explained.

Just treat it as a dream/flashback/epiphany/'show, don't tell' and you'll be fine

:)
The sun is a deadly laser
May 23, 2015 11:49 AM

Aug 2010
I really hated the insert song. Killed the mood completely for me.

Otherwise pretty decent episode.
May 23, 2015 11:50 AM

Jul 2009
"Just because you're correct doesn't mean you're right" wut. Shiro? Wut. LOL i think i get what he means but still. So logical.

Lancer is the best. I never noticed him as much because he doesn't get much attention in other routes but I love dat man. Just for knocking Shinji out multiple times he's the best (and for doing away with that rotten priest). Like I wish someone would just kill Shinji already, worse personality ever.

Saber really is just watching the show yo. She should get some popcorn. Not doing anything productive except looking pretty. Her current master could've been assaulted/raped but she's busy watching Shiro have his bipolar fight. She's lucky Lancer was dutiful enough to surpass the command seal.

I want the whole UBW incantation damnit. Aimer's lovely but for some reason I wasn't feeling the OST insert. Maybe too short?

I must say i was skeptical about this fight. Figured some asspulls would happen to make Shiro beat Archer but I'm actually okay with what's happened so far, its logical. (Archer should still kick his ass again. How many time does Avalon work anyway?)

May 2015
Insertanamehere said:
I'm going to assume this is a subbing thing, though.

Other than that still fine and still probably best episode of second cour.

Dub might be diferrent. Or it will be worst o.o
but i really don't hate dub

Aug 2009
Grey-Zone said:
Insertanamehere said:

I bet it's a mistranslation and Saber actually notes that Archer's mana is "disappearing" not "near 0", or something like that. I mean it's the translator who just f*cked up so badly by using "Steel is my body" instead of "I am the bone of my Sword".
doesnt really make a difference.When Saber was in a similar state in Fate she had to be carried by Shirou.

Mar 2015
SH4kun said:
This is it, gentlemen. The episode that defines the whole VN and which elevates UBW into a completely different level beyond what the others two routes ever reached.

A broken man's realization of his own borrowed ideals facing the harsh truth of living for them, but, even after facing the results of his twisted way of live that lead to his ideal, which will be filled with suffering, sadness and regret, he keeps on pushing forward for it, in the memory of the person that showed the beauty behind saving those in need. Because, in his eyes, the path he took, is taking and will take is not wrong.

Episode of the year right here, filled with excellent animation, amazing soundtrack and very emotional monologues.

10/10 Ufotable, you delivered.

That was beautiful.

Jan 2015
TrueKirei said:
Eylandos said:

Believe it or not for all the gripe I give this show, I still enjoy it. Maybe I shouldn't have put the "smh" in my previous lol.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Mar 2014
Why so much talking again after all that Trace On cool and shit from last week, they should cut all the useless walking/standing scenes to add at least 2 more minutes of fighting. Another week for an actual epic battle (or not?), this wasn't satisfying at all.. don't talk while fighting ! Fight hard then talk !

May 2012
Kerytugu said:

Really? I thought it added to the mood, eeh oh well what someone likes someone else dislikes I guess.
May 23, 2015 11:51 AM

Aug 2014
Inugirlz said:
"Just because you're correct doesn't mean you're right" wut. Shiro? Wut. LOL i think i get what he means but still. So logical.

Lancer is the best. I never noticed him as much because he doesn't get much attention in other routes but I love dat man. Just for knocking Shinji out multiple times he's the best (and for doing away with that rotten priest). Like I wish someone would just kill Shinji already, worse personality ever.

Saber really is just watching the show yo. She should get some popcorn. Not doing anything productive except looking pretty. Her current master could've been assaulted/raped but she's busy watching Shiro have his bipolar fight. She's lucky Lancer was dutiful enough to surpass the command seal.

I want the whole UBW incantation damnit. Aimer's lovely but for some reason I wasn't feeling the OST insert. Maybe too short?

I must say i was skeptical about this fight. Figured some asspulls would happen to make Shiro beat Archer but I'm actually okay with what's happened so far, its logical. (Archer should still kick his ass again. How many time does Avalon work anyway?)

Sideways 8

May 2011
Epic episode 'nuff said !
But yeah i really would like the fight to be much longer, i hope we will get a big climax next week.

Nov 2013
Forgetfulness said:
UBW cast was a little BS, yeah. But he did say that the point of doing so was to show Shirou his "world" so I wouldn't necessarily say that him not using it to its full extent is unexplained
My only complaint. Really a shame because everything else was pretty decent, also the God damn feels ;__;
May 23, 2015 11:52 AM

Aug 2014
KamiCity said:
Kerytugu said:

Really? I thought it added to the mood, eeh oh well what someone likes someone else dislikes I guess.

Yeah it was amazing!

May 23, 2015 11:52 AM

Aug 2009
Inugirlz said:

Avalon works ALL the time as long as it has Saber's mana.Master-Servant contract isnt needed.
May 23, 2015 11:53 AM

May 2015
black1blade said:
TrueKirei said:

I...
Don't like your opinion

I think it is okay even though the story doesn't explain that much about their conditions.Just accept that archer can ubw twice.that's all

Oct 2014
Othi-tan said:
doesnt really make a difference.When Saber was in a similar state in Fate she had to be carried by Shirou.

"Archer's still has prana left, but it's disappearing slowly... wait he just supressed the effect" =/= "Archer's prana is near 0, so he will disappear soon"

It's a HUGE difference, because with my explanation it's still possible for Archer to have enough prana left for casting the RM, while with the other one it's just a plot hole.

Jan 2013
Pretty good episode, I felt it needed another shocking revelation to bring it together.
May 23, 2015 11:54 AM

Dec 2014
Eylandos said:
TrueKirei said:

Believe it or not for all the gripe I give this show, I still enjoy it. Maybe I shouldn't have put the "smh" in my previous lol.

I am disappointed, but it can't be helped if you're enjoying the show.

Hopefully you'll figure it out at some point. Good luck.
May 23, 2015 11:54 AM

Jul 2014
This was a legitimately good episode. Really, really good. I am pleased.
May 23, 2015 11:56 AM
Apr 2014
Forgetfulness said:
On a side note, what was with the fire-y sword the Shirou pulled out of the ground? ._.

Max symbolism.

Oct 2014
Forgetfulness said:
On a side note, what was with the fire-y sword the Shirou pulled out of the ground? ._.

"...and fire is my blood"

Aug 2009
Forgetfulness said:
will of fire.....>_>

May 2012
Forgetfulness said:
An allusion to Sabers legend I guess. Since her scabbard was mentioned right after.

May 2015
Wild_Lynx said:
Why so much talking again after all that Trace On cool and shit from last week, they should cut all the useless walking/standing scenes to add at least 2 more minutes of fighting. Another week for an actual epic battle (or not?), this wasn't satisfying at all.. don't talk while fighting ! Fight hard then talk !

the second season is more about talking then fighting o.o
May 23, 2015 11:57 AM

Aug 2014
Drake1000 said:

I guess that makes more sense when you have a stats menu with all the servants.

Well no, that's not in the VN but from the legend of Cu Chulainn. Cloghafarmore is a tourist attraction in Ireland too.

Apr 2015
mira-nyan said:
Othi-tan said:

I was gonna say that, but then I thought he meant the VN ~.~
EmphaticPikachu said:
okay...that was...

wow.

but seriousssslllyy

Shirou is getting Archer's memories as they clash swords. It was explained.

Just treat it as a dream/flashback/epiphany/'show, don't tell' and you'll be fine

:)

I know the first one, but the part I was confused about was when shirou was laying on the ground dieing LOL

I suppose I'll just chalk it up to a complete imagination to show the imagery of his ideal's conflicts and resolution. I was just perplexed by archer being there somehow. I guess, since archer doesn't seem to know what was going on, he didn't actually participate in shirou's imagination and was just more of...shirou's imagination.
I suppose that works, I guess. I just wish there was one back hand off comment. LOL

Dec 2014
Forgetfulness said:

That was Caliburn

Emiya Shirou is the new King of England

Aug 2010
KamiCity said:
Kerytugu said:

Yeah, I guess. I just thought it killed the dramatic atmosphere that vn had in the part where Avalon healed him. I'm kinda afraid to say it here, but I liked it better in the UBW movie to be completely honest (just the realization part, not the whole thing, calm your shit guys :D) . https://youtu.be/NmHjXCaN6wA?t=3m20s

Apr 2009
Forgetfulness said:
Also,
Emiya said:
Just because you're correct doesn't mean you're right

^^ new meme? lmao

That's pragmatically correct though. Assume you're given two buttons, say A and B, of which you are to press one, and you know that the A button will cause the death of a thousand of people, while the B one will result in a single death. The correct choice results in one death - that's the right answer, the most proper one, the correct one. But is it really right given the circumstances, morality, and so forth?

Just because Archer is correct, and from a neutral position he most certainly is, does not entail him being right. Or perhaps, present-time Shirou does not deem it right. Correct is definite, right is subjective.

Pages (29) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 11, 2015

1719 by icim_fitto »»
Apr 27, 4:58 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1557 by Swatheesh123 »»
Apr 9, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 13, 2015

1574 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 9, 2015

1316 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 9:35 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1282 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 16, 7:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.