Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (29) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
May 23, 2015 11:20 AM

Sep 2013
black1blade said:
cupc said:
Hey, that was a great episode. They did Answer better than I expected actually, Shirou's choice was portrayed in a very nice detail. Yeah the UBW summoning was AU, but I don't give a shit about that tbh since it looked fucking cool

Answer is next episode. This was just making up for all the stuff they left out about shirou. Still pretty awesome ep- 9/10

Uh, is there a specific line that defines "answer" then? I always thought it's the part where Shirou tells Archer to fuck his ideals

Oct 2014
mira-nyan said:
TheDodo said:
Is it me or the Scabbard thing was totally random?

Haha, it isn't. It was in episode 0. And unless you read Fate route, you won't understand. What, do you want me to give a detailed explanation?

Short answer: It's the sheath of Saber's sword that was put into Shirou by Kerry(who was Sabers previous master) which caused Shirou to summons Saber by accident.
Long answer: Optional.

It was EP1 though, not EP0.

Jul 2013
mira-nyan said:
TheDodo said:

Haha, it isn't. It was in episode 0. And unless you read Fate route, you won't understand. What, do you want me to give a detailed explanation?

Short answer: It's the sheath of Saber's sword that was put into Shirou by Kerry(who was Spoiler) which caused Shirou to summons Saber by accident.

Your short answer is in the episode.

Aug 2013
CookingPriest said:
Just realized...should Shirou, you know, be REALLY hurt in the grail fire flashbacks? Why the hell is he completely healthy ?

Because it's in his mind.
May 23, 2015 11:21 AM

Aug 2014
cupc said:
black1blade said:

Answer is next episode. This was just making up for all the stuff they left out about shirou. Still pretty awesome ep- 9/10

Uh, is there a specific line that defines "answer" then? I always thought it's the part where Shirou tells Archer to fuck his ideals

The next episode is called "answer"

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
May 23, 2015 11:21 AM

Oct 2014
cupc said:
black1blade said:

Which will happen next episode. The part until the fight ends at least.
May 23, 2015 11:22 AM

Jul 2007
black1blade said:
cupc said:
Hey, that was a great episode. They did Answer better than I expected actually, Shirou's choice was portrayed in a very nice detail. Yeah the UBW summoning was AU, but I don't give a shit about that tbh since it looked fucking cool

For something that makes up for "all the things that left out" they sure as hell did not say anything about Shirou that was needed to be said. What's more they outright removed the explanation of how it is not survivor's guilt.
May 23, 2015 11:22 AM

Aug 2014
The fight was good standard fair for this series. The OMFG god element about the fights has mostly dissipated for me at this point although I hope the climactic battle will be awesome.

May 23, 2015 11:23 AM

Aug 2014
cupc said:
black1blade said:

No he's wrong, this is also part of Answer. It began the moment they clashed swords.

May 2015
Raziel1991 said:
clintonmadara said:

That sums it up but i really don't understand is how archer can unleash ubw twice while his mana is depleting?
He can't acquire mana without his master nor will he feed on human souls or he might have some other technique to restore his mana

Nobody knows really. Archer using UBW here is anime original stuff and its also one of the main criticisms of this episode since him using it here makes no sense for the reason you mentioned.

yea but i don't consider it as a criticism as the plot looks good even with ubw-2x
The fight was epic and all so it sums everything up ^.^

Apr 2014
There are a number of problems. But even so, this was a beautiful episode.

Sep 2014
Grey-Zone said:
mira-nyan said:

Short answer: It's the sheath of Saber's sword that was put into Shirou by Kerry(who was Sabers previous master) which caused Shirou to summons Saber by accident.

It was EP1 though, not EP0.

>Clicks '1' on keyboard
>Comes out as '0'

I have no regrets, it was my only path. *insert lenny face here*
Guilek said:
mira-nyan said:

Short answer: It's the sheath of Saber's sword that was put into Shirou by Kerry(who was Spoiler) which caused Shirou to summons Saber by accident.

Your short answer is in the episode.

It seems it needed to be written out. I guess 'Show, don't tell' doesn't work, after all.
The sun is a deadly laser
May 23, 2015 11:24 AM

Aug 2010
CookingPriest said:
black1blade said:

For something that makes up for "all the things that left out" they sure as hell did not say anything about Shirou that was needed to be said. What's more they outright removed the explanation of how it is not survivor's guilt.

Gotta agree. For all the badass-ness Shirou got this episode he's STILL not characterized correctly yet.
May 23, 2015 11:24 AM

Aug 2014
CookingPriest said:
black1blade said:

I suppose but the imagery was quite nice at times if not weird. The flame bit where he takes up the sword was awesome.

May 23, 2015 11:26 AM

May 2012
Eylandos said:
KamiCity said:

Please learn what "dues ex machinas" are before you say things like that. You know, they are properly defined if you know anything about literary techniques and writing. So please explain how any of them are ex machinas?

Sorry don't mean to pick on you, but I have a pet peeve when it comes to people using terms like those incorrectly.

"an unexpected power or event saving a seemingly hopeless situation, especially as a contrived plot device in a play or novel."

Watch the episode and come back to me.

So you used the basic google definition instead of researching it.

1. Shirou's "new ability" was foreshadowed during the summoning, and in another episode. So it can't be a DEM.

2. Lancer has his legend, these are real legends so some knowledge of them is necessary, as wrong priest stated

WrongPriest said:

That's how the Tale of Cu goes

In order for these to be DEMs, they would have to come out of nowhere. They don't. Whether it's by foreshadowing or allusion, neither of them can fall under DEMs

Like I stated, make sure you understand what "God from the machine" means, don't just google the definition. Research it, in depth. People scream DEM for anything now days, forgetting that IT CAN be used corrects and it IS a big part of literature.
Don't forget "Lord of the Flies" has a huge DEM at the end of it, yet people still hail it as one of the best works of literature.
KamiCityMay 23, 2015 11:30 AM

Sep 2013
Grey-Zone said:
Which will happen next episode. The part until the fight ends at least.

surely you saw what Shirou literally said at the end of the episode

Insertanamehere said:
No he's wrong, this is also part of Answer. It began the moment they clashed swords.

yeah that's what I thought

Aug 2014
astroprogs said:
CookingPriest said:

Gotta agree. For all the badass-ness Shirou got this episode he's STILL not characterized correctly yet.

And it seems he never will be in animated form (never in solely animated form if HF is done well as the context of the other route's shirou is required)

May 2015
ZeroDragon said:

yep and Can't wait for Gilgamesh to show up any time later
May 23, 2015 11:27 AM
Jun 2013
I've read the VN and I can't understand the haters, well. best episode by far 10/10.
(I won't read any answer so don't lose your time arguing this, haters)

Also about Avalon, they gave for free Fate route, isn't their problem if you haven't read it. this is UBW route so they did good giving an short explanation.
May 23, 2015 11:27 AM

Mar 2015
Why are CR subs so terrible? Even the VN had a better translation.

"Just because you're correct doesn't mean you;re right" Beautiful.
May 23, 2015 11:28 AM

Dec 2014
ZeroDragon said:

Kirei dying was one of the most touching anime moments I've ever seen. I don't think I'll ever live it down.
Lancer's betrayal of his master's orders shocked me. I hate him so much. OMG I'm crying, such a tragedy.

I am the Priest of my church
Yuetsu is my body, and wine is my blood
I have trolled over a thousand users
Unknown to sympathy, nor known to apathy
Withstood Shirou to eat Mapo Tofu
Yet, my question will never be answered
So as I rejoice, Unlimited Kirei Works!
May 23, 2015 11:28 AM

Jan 2015
So both answers I have to read the VN to get the jist of it. When I asked about the command spells last episode, I got the same answer.

Seems like this will be pattern and shows how poorly this adaptation is.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 23, 2015 11:29 AM

Oct 2014
cupc said:

You mean "Steel is my body"? Yea I usually defend ufotable to a certain extent, even now so, however aniplex and whoever is their translator for the current episode REALLY f*cked it up this time.

Mar 2015
Eylandos said:
KamiCity said:

Please learn what "dues ex machinas" are before you say things like that. You know, they are properly defined if you know anything about literary techniques and writing. So please explain how any of them are ex machinas?

Sorry don't mean to pick on you, but I have a pet peeve when it comes to people using terms like those incorrectly.

"an unexpected power or event saving a seemingly hopeless situation, especially as a contrived plot device in a play or novel."

Watch the episode and come back to me.

Avalon is foreshadowed in the earlier episodes, and Lancer living wasn't a Deus Ex Machina because we weren't /shown/ him dying. Plus his legend, etc.

Aug 2012
What would you guys rate this episode after watching the subs?

This was my favorite of the second season!

May 23, 2015 11:30 AM
Jun 2014
CloudStrifeFFVII said:

4.5/5, great stuff.
May 23, 2015 11:31 AM

Oct 2014
Eylandos said:
So both answers I have to read the VN to get the jist of it. When I asked about the command spells last episode, I got the same answer.

EP1 and EP4 is foreshadowing for Shirou's healing and the scabbard.

For Lancer you have Berserker "surpassing his legend", so it's not a "new out of nowhere concept" either.

None of these require "the VN".

I am angry because the impact of Shirou's words have been completely negated because of an annoying "official" translator screwing up badly.

Sep 2013
Grey-Zone said:
cupc said:

You mean "Steel is my body"? Yea I usually defend ufotable to a certain extent, even now so, however aniplex and whoever is their translator for the current episode REALLY f*cked it up this time.

haha you're funny. no, when he said "just as you reject me, I'll use every ounce of my strength to reject you" or something. That counts as an answer doesn't it, even if Archer is not beaten yet

Nov 2014
Hell yeah Lancer you show him!
Hi there
May 23, 2015 11:32 AM

May 2012
Eylandos said:

Umm no what you are doing is saying:

"I'm reading Harry Potter book 3, I skipped 1 and 2 how the hell did Harry become a wizard?" Except it's alternate timelines instead of chronological order.

Plus in ALL cases:

Command Seals were explained in anime, foreshadowing was done in anime, the allusion to Servants legends were done IN anime.
You are doing exactly what I said viewers shouldn't be doing. Failing to analyse. Analyzing is a necessary tool when viewing any art piece.

Aug 2009
Eylandos said:

they clearly explained the command seals in cour 1.if you mean the number Kirei has it is from Fate zero.

So no not a fault of the adaptation.

Jul 2007
CloudStrifeFFVII said:

3/5 still. Subs actually made it worse as it became clear that they did not elaborate on Shirou's sociopathy(that it is not survivor's guilt) and translation was wonky as hell.
May 23, 2015 11:33 AM

Aug 2014
I thought "just because you're correct doesn't mean your right" would be another people die when they are killed thingy but then I realised right isn't just about being correct.

Sep 2014
TheDodo said:

It's not random at all. It's actually explained in the Fate route where you learn more about Saber, how she's missing her sheath, who Kiritsugu was, how she feels about him, etc. In UBW, it's just briefly mentioned that her sheath still heals him. There are instances in UBW where you can see Shirou is able to heal faster than normal people. For example, how fast he got better after that fight with Berserker. That was Saber's sheath that healed him.

Jan 2015
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 23, 2015 11:34 AM

Oct 2014
cupc said:
Grey-Zone said:

haha you're funny. no, when he said "just as you reject me, I'll use every ounce of my strength to reject you" or something. That counts as an answer doesn't it, even if Archer is not beaten yet

Ah, yes I must have been half-asleep when I wrote that. Yes you are correct, it is an answer, but it didn't really seem to affect Archer that much at this moment... so it seems obvious that this is not all yet.
May 23, 2015 11:34 AM

Sep 2014
Caliburn220 said:
Why are CR subs so terrible? Even the VN had a better translation.

"Just because you're correct doesn't mean you;re right" Beautiful.

Lol, my reaction at first. But keep repeating it, and it'll make some more sense.

Either way, just checked Answer, he didn't say that.

But AU, so it doesn't matter ~.~
May 23, 2015 11:35 AM
Apr 2014
Not nearly enough Emiya for my ears
I honeslty don't blame UFO for having Archer use UBW again, it always seemed kinda weird for the Emiya vs Emiya fight not to occur within the symbol of Emiya.
Rip Kotomine forreal this time, wasted potential but his main route is Heavens Feel.
Saber's catalyst is revealed for the people who haven't read Fate.
Emiya/5.

Nov 2014

Oct 2013
Glad to see that the previous episode wasn't the end of Lancer, sad to see him leave.

Dec 2014
Eylandos said:

It makes even less sense in the VN

If you didn't get it here, you may as well give up on ever figuring it out
I am the Priest of my church
Yuetsu is my body, and wine is my blood
I have trolled over a thousand users
Unknown to sympathy, nor known to apathy
Withstood Shirou to eat Mapo Tofu
Yet, my question will never be answered
So as I rejoice, Unlimited Kirei Works!

Sep 2014
This episode was awesome. I really appreciate them skipping the OP this time around, this episode definitely needed to be a little longer.
May 23, 2015 11:36 AM
Dec 2010
That part with Avalon was awesome.

Lancer survived thanks to his A-rank Not Dying When Killed skill.
May 23, 2015 11:37 AM

Jul 2008
clintonmadara said:
He can't acquire mana without his master nor will he feed on human souls or he might have some other technique to restore his mana

Depends on how much mana he had left in the Anime version compared to the VN version... and optionally how much mana it wastes in Anime version compared to the VN version.

With that said, I don't remember the VN mentioning that he couldn't have summoned it again. But wasting mana like this will make the next episode's event look slightly more believable.

Kerozinn said:
that second "ubw" was just cause they like the background so much i guess. pointless.

It gives a visually cooler and more meaningful battlefield. It would have been pointless in the VN where such visualities don't really matter (as you follow the story by reading the text and not by watching an animated fight sequence), but in the Anime this improves the value of the episode and as such is far from pointless.
May 23, 2015 11:37 AM

Aug 2014
Aimer's song was beautiful

May 23, 2015 11:38 AM

Jan 2015
Grey-Zone said:
cupc said:

Ah, yes I must have been half-asleep when I wrote that. Yes you are correct, it is an answer, but it didn't really seem to affect Archer that much at this moment... so it seems obvious that this is not all yet.

Can you tell me what Shirou said in the VN instead of the steel is my body line?
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
May 23, 2015 11:38 AM

Dec 2013
decent episode
Shinji being a boss
Lancer being a boss
Shirou got monologues (holy shit)
Suffered from lack of characterization of Shirou in earlier episodes
>shitty UBW when it's supposed to be used
>decent UBW where it's not supposed to be used
wtf
it was just reduced to a change in scenery too

anyways, 4/5
BAN ME
May 23, 2015 11:39 AM

Sep 2014
Nayrael said:
clintonmadara said:

Depends on how much mana he had left in the Anime version compared to the VN version... and optionally how much mana it wastes in Anime version compared to the VN version.

With that said, I don't remember the VN mentioning that he couldn't have summoned it again. But wasting mana like this will make the next episode's event look slightly more believable.

Kerozinn said:
that second "ubw" was just cause they like the background so much i guess. pointless.

It gives a visually cooler and more meaningful battlefield. It would have been pointless in the VN where such visualities don't really matter (as you follow the story by reading the text and not by watching an animated fight sequence), but in the Anime this improves the value of the episode and as such is far from pointless.

Saber said it in the anime.
May 23, 2015 11:40 AM

Jan 2015
TrueKirei said:
Eylandos said:

It makes even less sense in the VN

If you didn't get it here, you may as well give up on ever figuring it out

I am already this far, might as well watch the whole at this point smh.
May 23, 2015 11:40 AM

Aug 2014
bobzanny said:
Grey-Zone said:

Can you tell me what Shirou said in the VN instead of the steel is my body line?

Isn't the Japanese version of UBW chant different?

Pages (29) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 11, 2015

1719 by icim_fitto »»
Apr 27, 4:58 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1557 by Swatheesh123 »»
Apr 9, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 13, 2015

1574 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 9, 2015

1316 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 9:35 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1282 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 16, 7:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.