Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (27) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
May 16, 2015 12:17 PM

Dec 2012
YES, they put in some Saber backstory, albeit a brief flashback. I was calling for this last year. It paves the way for a satisfactory character resolution of Saber's arc once Answer is over, even if there is no official Fate route adaptation.

Seriously, that was a great episode. Sure, if I wanted to nitpick every discrepancy between this and the VN, that would just make me pointlessly salty and disappointed.
May 16, 2015 12:17 PM

Dec 2013
It really sucks to be Lancer
May 16, 2015 12:19 PM

Jul 2007
Kaixe-Rho said:
Ketuekigami said:
If it's said on MAL in a fsn thread = Truth.

Obviously.

Also, Oh yeah, Shirou's situation at the beginning of the episode was a reference to Fate/Extra.
Uncultured swine.

Except that is not when he made the contract and that is not why he got white hair and tanned skin.
It IS a reference, but the hair and skin color makes it a plothole.
May 16, 2015 12:21 PM

Jul 2010
Nothing more to say than RIP Lancer.
May 16, 2015 12:21 PM
Apr 2014
Not even the Bro runes can save you from the suffering that is the Lancer class
May 16, 2015 12:23 PM

Dec 2012
Who the fuck cares about his hair color and skin?

Somebody who have never read the VN would be wondering why this dude in his 30s/40s has hair color randomly changed from reddish to pure white without being an old man.

Aug 2014
I love how the counter force made archer just kill rebels. Counter force confirmed illuminati adgenda.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.

Apr 2012
awesome episode.

Next:
Shirou vs. himself
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
May 16, 2015 12:25 PM

Sep 2013
Lancer I will always love you T-T RIP

Sep 2014
Drake1000 said:

Guyz, it's Nepal's flag ~.~
The sun is a deadly laser

Aug 2014
astroprogs said:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/r4RQcl3.png[/i mg]

The sweg mastah
Shinji was #rekt this episode and handed over the crown
May 16, 2015 12:26 PM

Sep 2014
I don't understand how nothing was done to understand Shirou. It's clear that Archer is Shirou, so understanding one allows you to understand the other more clearly here. I don't know what else people were expecting at this point, there was nothing exclusive to Shirou in the visual novel that this episode skipped.

If you reread the visual novel, you can clearly see it's mostly Archer talking about his past, his life as guardian, and the contrast between that and Saber's mistake ideal. All Shirou really does is face his future self by claiming they're 2 different people and claiming his future uncertainties are a mistake he'll fix with his own hands.

May 2014
KamiCity said:
ijuka said:

Hm. Do you need to lift your hand up to use one, then?

No VN explanations states magic is sealed by what she's tied up with. Although VN explanation misses the part that Command Spells should be able to bypass it so yea amnesia. We don't really have much to go on as to why she doesn't use it.

CookingPriest said:

That's the problem tbh. It is something that occurs GRADUALLY over lifetime of mastering that magic.

Not something that just shoneny happens in an instant.

Not to mention that making him have red hair and white skin when he makes a contract, will make anime onlies assume he got that and his powers from contract...

WTF does Shoneny mean

it means ass-pully in a nakama power-ish way .
u dig ?

Mar 2009
Welp. Once again, having seen Fate/Zero already, nothing shocked me in this episode.
Except for Lancer's cruel death.

Fate/Zero spoiler:

Good episode, though. Kirei's a magnificent bastard, as always. And it was great that Shinji got rekt by Lancer.
May 16, 2015 12:27 PM

Sep 2007
I don't understand the extreme salt, as a guy who's read the visual novel completely through twice this is basically the best adaption you could hope for, it suffers the same flaws literally every single vn anime has, i don't see people complaining about this shit in steins;gate when it has basically the same problems.

the only issue i've had so far is weird pacing in a few episodes of this season and the very botched fight scene with berserker.

Here is something important of not regarding Shirou's characterization that the *priests are forgetting, first of all it's nearly all explained in the Fate route before this, so saying "why isn't it explaining his character" makes me laugh, it was never explained here guys lmao.

Second, Shirou's ideals are NOT SUPER DEEP AND COMPLEX, his ideals are "i want to be a hero like my dad" and "my life is less important than others", both of which are explained quite well.
But Fai went into this expecting to hate it, he fucking called it ruined before a single pv was out entirely because of the director (who not only did the best episode of the show, but only made the worst kara no kyoukai because fucking NASU is the one who wrote the goddamn chapter it was based on)

Ii also remember him complaining that they gave Shirou a jacket, his arguments are a joke, he has a few valid points but they're so twisted by his misguided hatred of the director he's wrapped them into something totally different. if you read this Fai please note that any points you make I actually agree with still piss me off, because you argue like a child throwing a tantrum.

I'm probably wrong about at least half of what i just said here in some way, I'm bad at making arguments in text and apologize for any mistakes.
RahkshilordMay 16, 2015 1:02 PM
May 16, 2015 12:27 PM

Aug 2014
FlamepriesT said:
I don't understand how nothing was done to understand Shirou. It's clear that Archer is Shirou, so understanding one allows you to understand the other more clearly here. I don't know what else people were expecting at this point, there was nothing exclusive to Shirou in the visual novel that this episode skipped.

If you reread the visual novel, you can clearly see it's mostly Archer talking about his past, his life as guardian, and the contrast between that and Saber's mistake ideal. All Shirou really does is face his future self by claiming they're 2 different people and claiming his future uncertainties are a mistake he'll fix with his own hands.

IKR. The episode was amazing in most ways especially in enjoyment.

May 16, 2015 12:28 PM

May 2014
FingerMove said:
Episode in a nutshell:

I just had to do this.

but he might die if he is killed :|
May 16, 2015 12:29 PM

May 2014
Drake1000 said:

I just know those runes wud b my best bros.

Jul 2013
Rahkshilord said:
I don't understand the extreme salt, as a guy who's read the visual novel completely through twice this is basically the best adaption you could hope for, it suffers the same flaws literally every single vn anime has, i don't see people complaining about this shit in steins;gate when it has basically the same problems.

the only issue i've had so far is weird pacing in a few episodes of this season and the very botched fight scene with berserker.

Here is something important of not regarding Shirou's characterization that the *priests are forgetting, first of all it's nearly all explained in the Fate route before this, so saying "why isn't it explaining his character" makes me laugh, it was never explained here guys lmao.

Second, Shirou's ideals are NOT SUPER DEEP AND COMPLEX, his ideals are "i want to be a hero like my dad" and "my life is less important than others", both of which are explained quite well.
But Fai went into this expecting to hate it, he fucking called it ruined before a single pv was out entirely because of the director (who not only did the best episode of the show, but only made the worst kara no kyoukai because fucking NASU is the one who wrote the goddamn chapter it was based on)

Ii also remember him complaining that they gave Shirou a jacket, his arguments are a joke, he has a few valid points but they're so twisted by his misguided hatred of the director he's wrapped them into something totally different. if you read this Fai please note that any points you make I actually agree with still piss me off, because you argue like a child throwing a tantrum.
^^^
この世界には。。。秘密がある

May 2014
Mormegil said:
Welp. Once again, having seen Fate/Zero already, nothing shocked me in this episode.
Except for Lancer's cruel death.

Fate/Zero spoiler:

Good episode, though. Kirei's a magnificent bastard, as always. And it was great that Shinji got rekt by Lancer.

thats the idea.
lancer and saber classes are the noblest , thats y they always get wrecked in the fate series -_-

Dec 2007
black1blade said:
FlamepriesT said:

IKR. The episode was amazing in most ways especially in enjoyment.
It's a case of people remembering something wrong because they are already disappointed with the anime, so even if it does something right their memory is somehow that the source is actually 10x better than this.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 16, 2015 12:30 PM

Aug 2010
mira-nyan said:
Drake1000 said:

mira plz. It's obviously a Bluetooth symbol.

Aug 2014
WAD1992 said:
FingerMove said:
Episode in a nutshell:

I just had to do this.

Someone needs to add the geass symbol to his eyes.

Aug 2014
RahkshiloHere said:
it was never explained here guys lmao

what

(who not only did the best episode of the show, but only made the worst kara no kyoukai because fucking NASU is the one who wrote the goddamn chapter it was based on)

Yeah and the chapter was good in the novels.

Jun 2013
-Ziro said:
CodeZwei said:
They gave Lancer the most B.S death ever. Such an awesome guy went down without an epic fight gg.

They really just killed of the best character like that, wtf. Besides that though great episode.

I agree i have extreme salt for these anime/manga creators hating on "the lancer types."
May 16, 2015 12:31 PM

Oct 2014
>Here is something important of not regarding Shirou's characterization that the *priests are forgetting, first of all it's nearly all explained in the Fate route before this, so saying "why isn't it explaining his character" makes me laugh, it was never explained here guys lmao.

lol'd

Different Shirou with different views.

May 2014
astroprogs said:
mira-nyan said:

mira plz. It's obviously Bluetooth sign.

lol :")

May 2014
black1blade said:
WAD1992 said:

lmao X'D
indeed
May 16, 2015 12:33 PM

Jul 2007
FlamepriesT said:

Archer is Shirou but Shirou is NOT Archer. they are entirelly separate beings.

YEs in VN. IN VN at this point we also already have enough to understand Shirou's ideology, how it changed through course of UBW andw here is coming from. In here, they NEEDED to add something. They did not.

Archer Shirou, Fate Shirou, UBW Shirou, HF Shirou are ENTIRELY DIFFERENT PEOPLE with DIFFERENT beliefs and paths.

As nocorras put it:

nocorras said:
>Here is something important of not regarding Shirou's characterization that the *priests are forgetting, first of all it's nearly all explained in the Fate route before this, so saying "why isn't it explaining his character" makes me laugh, it was never explained here guys lmao.

lol'd

May 16, 2015 12:33 PM

May 2014
nocorras said:

lol'd

yes but an anime adaptation needs to be able to stand alone, stuff like this needs to be mentioned, so ofc. it works in a VN that's why im more inclined to overlook stuff like this ....
UFO DID NOTHING WRONG !!! :@

more seriously, they did mess up @ some points , with caster for example .... that was uresanai tbh ... >_>
May 16, 2015 12:35 PM

Sep 2007
Insertanamehere said:
RahkshiloHere said:
it was never explained here guys lmao

what

Shirou's ideals are explained in the fate route, ubw is written in a way that does not detail them because you are expected to already know them. and as i said, they aren't super deep anyways stop acting like they are.
May 16, 2015 12:35 PM

May 2015
Lancer and Shinji continue to be the best characters.
The return of thousand-faces Rin.
EMIYA BGM is godly as expected, too bad the flashback itself kinda sucked. I expected more flashy genocides than this, yo.

I hated to think that how DEEN representing this scene was cooler than ufo. Damn.
Now I'll just sit back and turn off my critical animu mind while recalling VN scenes. Reduce the sodium I had for ufo this way.
May 16, 2015 12:36 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This sub forum should just be renamed Unlimited Salt Works lol, I dunno why I was hoping to see something different from Fai and his legion of salt xD

Anyway, this episode was brilliant and it did a very good job of setting up the battle that's to come next week...I really appreciated Saber's parts in this episode because essentially this is a sequel so of course her being one of the key players in Zero she deserves to have some screentime of her own instead of having the backseat

The Lancer and Kirei moments were fucking hilarious xD I jumped for joy when Lancer punched the shit out of Shinji and my oh my Kirei is the ultimate troll lolololol. Poor Lancer though.....You will be missed my friend TwT

Overall this was a great episode and I really appreciated the dialogue and flashbacks that we got in this episode....Art/Animation and the OST were orgasmic!!!!!!!
May 16, 2015 12:37 PM

Aug 2014
Rahkshilord said:

Shirou's ideals are explained in the fate route, ubw is written in a way that does not detail them because you are expected to already know them.

http://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%20204/
Yeah, no details at all.
May 16, 2015 12:37 PM

Aug 2010
black1blade said:
WAD1992 said:

May 16, 2015 12:38 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
There was waay too much filler dialogue in this episode. I hope Archer fights more and talks less next chapter. Lancer punching Pervert-kun was the best bit to be honest
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 2014
Tokoya said:
I jumped for joy when Lancer punched the shit out of Shinji

that will be my new sig soon :3
Apr 2014
Rahkshilord said:
Insertanamehere said:

what

Shirou's ideals are explained in the fate route, ubw is written in a way that does not detail them because you are expected to already know them. and as i said, they aren't super deep anyways stop acting like they are.

May 16, 2015 12:40 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Rahkshilord said:

Preach it
May 16, 2015 12:40 PM

Dec 2007
Farabeuf said:
There was waay too much filler dialogue in this episode. I hope Archer fights more and talks less next chapter. Lancer punching Pervert-kun was the best bit to be honest

It never stops getting to me when people use that word wrong.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 16, 2015 12:42 PM

Sep 2007
Insertanamehere said:
Rahkshilord said:

Shirou's ideals are explained in the fate route, ubw is written in a way that does not detail them because you are expected to already know them.

Yeah, no details at all.

Hyperbole attempting to get my point through the wall of salt, shirou's ideals do not change in fate or ubw, they are the same ideals. His inner thoughts about the ideals are what differs, in one he accepts them as they are and the other he accepts they're flawed but refuses to give up.

HF is the only route where his ideals actually change.

Jan 2009
Great episode! I loved how they showed us bits of Archer's past that we didn't see in the VN 5/5

Jan 2014
Damn, Lancer didn't deserve that shit. :/
May 16, 2015 12:43 PM
Jun 2013
I actually liked this episode. The change of scenes were actually done well, although a little weirdly.

If someone who never watched FZ or FSN DEEN sees this episode, they are going to understand nothing about Saber's wish. Like "Wait, are you K*** A*****?". Even so, that Saber drawing the sword from the stone and Mo****d (my waifu) were very much appreciated. Now, waiting for Fate Apocrypha anime...

I actually expected this episode to be dedicated to Lancer, perhaps showing flashbacks regarding his summon and B****t.

My only complaint is Archer's dialogue basically saying the same damn thing, only using nice words to spice it up. I mean, after one or two sentences, I already got the meaning you intend to convey, but he and Saber are basically saying the same thing. Could have used that time better...

Also, Shirou should have white hair and tanned skin. He should be 30 years old, maybe he stole the Potion of Youth from a certain someone? Don't know why that was left out, but Alaya's tentacles... Hentai has started to affect even the World :)

"Lancer has died!"
"You aren't human!"

I have been expecting for this scene. And Shinji marveling "How the hell do you have so many Command Spells?"

Hopefull, next episode will focus more on Shirou. And they don't end Answer there... please.

Also, leaving this here, the subtle hints of Shirou and Archer...

https://i.imgur.com/SEz0EnN.gif

http://i.imgur.com/L5dzSOL.jpg

http://imgur.com/a/I9qxN

http://imgur.com/a/npKJf

http://i.imgur.com/Wxxrw6G.gif
May 16, 2015 12:43 PM

May 2014
Ketuekigami said:
Farabeuf said:

It never stops getting to me when people use that word wrong.

guess its filler if glowing SHIT isnt flying all across the room X"D
people just want to EX-CALIBUR i guess ¯_(ツ)_/¯
May 16, 2015 12:46 PM

Apr 2012
Hero of Justice/ saving everyone is such an overused concept. Please kill yourself Shirou

I just want to see shit blow up pls

May 16, 2015 12:47 PM

Jan 2014
Lol. Even in this one, Lancer couldn't escape a pathetic end. At least he got to hit Shinji before his sayonara.
Kirei reveals himself too. Guess his rekt-oning is also at hand.

Also amusing how Shirou's stubborness comes back to bite his future self in the butt.
And once again, Saber just shows her face so we remember she's still there.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
May 16, 2015 12:47 PM

Jun 2014
-kV- said:
Who the fuck cares about his hair color and skin?

Somebody who have never read the VN would be wondering why this dude in his 30s/40s has hair color randomly changed from reddish to pure white without being an old man.

Because if they did it like they did just now, then it would imply that Shirou got his tan and white hair via CG status, but he did NOT.

And it makes sense, if you freaking consider why he made the deal in the first place, that he should've been in a "semi-rekt" state aka the tan and white hair due to all that magic stuff.
May 16, 2015 12:48 PM

Sep 2007
WrongPriest said:
he's not really 100% correct though

you're right, I'm also really terrible at getting the point of my arguments across in text, if this was real life i could easily explain what I mean.

all I'm saying is some people here are EXTREMELY exaggerating the flaws based on preconceptions about the show. I'm fully willing to retract any statements i made if I'm totally proven wrong, memory is a weird thing that can get stuff wrong very easily.
May 16, 2015 12:48 PM
Apr 2014
Rahkshilord said:
Insertanamehere said:

Yeah, no details at all.

Hyperbole attempting to get my point through the wall of salt, shirou's ideals do not change in fate or ubw, they are the same ideals. His inner thoughts about the ideals are what differs, in one he accepts them as they are and the other he accepts they're flawed but refuses to give up.

HF is the only route where his ideals actually change.

"- What was the theme you are trying to express?

Nasu: The main theme is "conquering oneself." There are three story lines in Fate, each has a different themes. The first one is the "oneself as an ideal." The second one is "struggling with oneself as an ideal." The third one is "the friction with real and ideal."

This game is describing the growth of the main character Emiya Shirou. The first storyline shows his slanted mind, the next storyline shows his resolve, and the last storyline gives another resolution for him as a human. All three storylines are essentially equal, but they have different forms."
Pages (27) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 11, 2015

1719 by icim_fitto »»
Apr 27, 4:58 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1557 by Swatheesh123 »»
Apr 9, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 13, 2015

1574 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 17, 2015

1448 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 9:40 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1282 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 16, 7:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.