Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (27) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
May 16, 2015 11:38 AM

Aug 2013
I honestly really liked the episode.

The dialogue flowed really well,despite all the cutting from one place to the next and the ending was the first time i got chills in the entire anime,so i'll forgive its flaws.

Have a 5/5

Feb 2010
Insertanamehere said:
Vanisher said:

On another note, funny how people were bitching so much about telling others not to watch fate/zero because it "spoils things" and that it spoiled more things than FSN does to Zero. Because you know, blatantly showing rin's father death is not a "spoiler"

Kirei said it in the VN that he killed him. Which, you know, came out years before Fate/Zero was written.
ZeroDragon said:
Vanisher said:
Actually as a non VN reader who dislike the anime so far, I liked this episode, it was plot driven with explanations and flashbacks that made sense for the most part.

On another note, funny how people were bitching so much about telling others not to watch fate/zero because it "spoils things" and that it spoiled more things than FSN does to Zero. Because you know, blatantly showing rin's father death is not a "spoiler"

F/Z was written after F/SN and was intended to serve as a prequel. I don't understand why this fact eludes so many people.

Because I totally didn't know that.

I should've expected such useless answer from MAL's people. Sigh.
May 2014
Vanisher said:
Actually as a non VN reader who dislike the anime so far, I liked this episode, it was plot driven with explanations and flashbacks that made sense for the most part.

So it spoils one plot twist and the ending *Shocking* (Not to forget that the author wrote FZ with the intention that you have already seen Fate Stay Night)

Try again, FZ spoils 9-10 plot twists
May 16, 2015 11:39 AM

Dec 2014
Extreme salt

GG

2.5/5 only for EMIYA
BoneofSwordMay 16, 2015 11:50 AM

Jul 2009
I don't see why people hate the flashbacks, theyre good flashbacks. I liked the whole scene with Archer killing people, and the Saber one was short enough not to be a big deal.

Ah Shinji getting knocked the fuck out was the best. Slimy fucker. POOR LANCER! Damnit Lancers always get the short end of the stick.

Feb 2015
-Ziro said:
CodeZwei said:
They gave Lancer the most B.S death ever. Such an awesome guy went down without an epic fight gg.

They really just killed of the best character like that, wtf. Besides that though great episode.

May 16, 2015 11:40 AM

Dec 2009
-Ziro said:
CodeZwei said:
They gave Lancer the most B.S death ever. Such an awesome guy went down without an epic fight gg.

They really just killed of the best character like that, wtf. Besides that though great episode.

Apr 2010
Vanisher said:
Insertanamehere said:

Kirei said it in the VN that he killed him. Which, you know, came out years before Fate/Zero was written.
ZeroDragon said:

F/Z was written after F/SN and was intended to serve as a prequel. I don't understand why this fact eludes so many people.

This trolling is better than the episode.

Aug 2014
Vanisher said:

Then it's should be obvious it's not a spoiler but something you're meant to know, right?
May 16, 2015 11:41 AM

May 2014
That was pretty awesome, sans the whole Archer fighting Civil wars thing.. and I agree his hair should have been white or at least partial at the time of contract for sure.

But alas, this whole episode has basically just built everything up on two fronts for the dam to burst next episode, and the inclusion of EMIYA at the end although premature surely tickled my excitement in a big way.

Lets hope they can pull off answer with only one side of the dialogue, at least it will be better than Deens anyway.. I just hope they surprise me in a good way.

4/5
May 16, 2015 11:42 AM

Sep 2013
Vanisher said:

Reading the VN before watching F/Z spoils some things, but way less and it was intended that way
May 16, 2015 11:42 AM

Sep 2014
Vanisher said:

You are meant to know that before watching F/Z, because it's clearly a plot twist in F/SN. On the other hand, you haven't even finished 1/3 of F/SN. Basically, you skipped the Fate route and HF hasn't been released yet. The spoilers go beyond what you see in UBW. F/Z is about the 4th war and how the events unfolded. It was never about plot twists.
May 16, 2015 11:43 AM

Jul 2007
Inugirlz said:
I don't see why people hate the flashbacks, theyre good flashbacks. I liked the whole scene with Archer killing people, and the Saber one was short enough not to be a big deal.

Because Archer's flashback itself was contradictory and filled with plotholes.
He should not have ginger hair during the contract and that is not how CGs do their duties. Killing terrorists? Lol? counter force erases whole countries, not a few ISIS terrorists.
All it did was characterize Archer(which is not important) instead of portraying Shirou's conflict of him hearing that.

Saber's flashback was outright uneeded here as were Rin's dad flashbacks. That time could have been spent on actual MAIN CHARACTER on the show and trying to salvage his ideology(not portrayed in anime) character(not portrayed in anime), personality(not portrayed in anime) or psychological issues(not portrayed in the anime.

WrongPriest said:

Lets hope they can pull off answer with only one side of the dialogue, at least it will be better than Deens anyway.. I just hope they surprise me in a good way.

Gatorade Master Episode and Temple Talk Episode director directing next one. Don't get your hopes up.

It would take a good director to pull of answer with Shirou being a blank slate he is int he anime. And well...we got...THAT...as a director instead for next ep.
May 16, 2015 11:45 AM

Apr 2010
CookingPriest said:
Inugirlz said:

Because Archer's flashback itself was contradictory and filled with plotholes.
He should not have ginger hair during the contract and that is not how CGs do their duties. Killing terrorists? Lol? counter force erases whole countries, not a few ISIS terrorists.
All it did was characterize Archer(which is not important) instead of portraying Shirou's conflict of him hearing that.

Saber's flashback was outright uneeded here as were Rin's dad flashbacks. That time could have been spent on actual MAIN CHARACTER on the show and trying to salvage his ideology(not portrayed in anime) character(not portrayed in anime), personality(not portrayed in anime) or psychological issues(not portrayed in the anime.

WrongPriest said:

Gatorade Master Episode and Temple Talk Episode director directing next one. Don't get your hopes up.

It would take a good director to pull of answer with Shirou being a blank slate he is int he anime. And well...we got...THAT...as a director instead for next ep.

Rin is the main character though.
May 16, 2015 11:45 AM

Apr 2015
CookingPriest said:
Nekuwafers said:

I might be remembering this wrong, but in the visual novel doesn't it explain that after winning the holy grail war, archer shirou trained projection only to realize that his own abilities were too weak to achieve his dream? I checked the wiki and it said the same thing: "Shirou Emiya won the Holy Grail War along with his Servant Saber, eventually going on to work as a freelance magus to pursue his dream of becoming an Ally of Justice. He stubbornly trained himself while pursuing his dream of saving mankind, but later fell into despair upon realizing that his abilities were insufficient in fulfilling his goal."

He came unto a situation where his abilities were insufficient for it to be accomplished. That is when the contract happened. And that is when he was betrayed.

We do not even know how his grail war went so most of that part of wiki is conjecture and extrapolation, just like a lot of things on lolwiki. It is very untrustworthy source.

ahhhh alright, makes sense. hair thing aside tho, i still enjoyed the episodes, so its not the biggest deal to me i guess
May 16, 2015 11:47 AM
Jul 2012
Vanisher said:

From what I understand, you are being sarcastic and claiming that you know Fate/Zero is a prequel. Am I right? What you are trying to say is that Fate/Stay Night also spoils Fate/Zero and that whether it is a prequel or not has nothing to do with it. The argument that Fate/Zero spoils Fate/Stay Night is non-existent because it is the same vice versa?

I have to say, your response is just as bad as anyone bitching about the order you should watch it in. It doesn't make you any different and you can't do shit to change their mind. Sorry, but if you want to try to feel superior here, it just doesn't work. Why don't you just let go of that and actually comment more on the episode itself?
May 16, 2015 11:48 AM

May 2014
Lets not do the whole FSNxF/Z thing here aye?

Just drop it for now.
May 16, 2015 11:48 AM

Oct 2011
This had to be the slowest episode I have ever seen. Talking, talking and more talking.

We literally got a clash of Archer vs Shirou in the last 5 seconds, while the rest of the time they were just babbling on about Archer's failed ideals.

Ugh.
May 16, 2015 11:50 AM
Feb 2015
LANCER.... Holy shit... That was not expected at all. That priest guy had a ton of command seals...

Looking forward to archer v shirou!!!!
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
May 16, 2015 11:51 AM

Nov 2014
Emiya/10
Don't know if the episode is faithful or not, that's for other people - I got my theme, I'm happy
May 16, 2015 11:53 AM

Jun 2011
Gov said:
This had to be the slowest episode I have ever seen. Talking, talking and more talking.

We literally got a clash of Archer vs Shirou in the last 5 seconds, while the rest of the time they were just babbling on about Archer's failed ideals.

Ugh.

Well, action isn't the main theme after all >.>
May 16, 2015 11:54 AM

Aug 2010

The EMIYA remix... Holy...

This episode was great. I didn't even care about the skin and hair color.

They executed Lancer's death wonderfully.

Obligatory:

The Saber flashback was nice.

Shirou is getting more and more badass points as the cour advances.
I'm still fearful for the next two episodes, though. Guess I'll just wait and see.

4.5/5
astroprogsMay 16, 2015 11:57 AM
May 16, 2015 11:55 AM

Jul 2014
I gotta play the game now, i kinda feel somethings are being rushed. Also ALL LANCERS ARE FATED TO DIE IN THE WORST WAY POSSIBLE. IN FATE ZERO AND IN THIS, poor lancer, he didnt deserve to die like this
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
May 16, 2015 11:56 AM
May 2014
Gov said:

Ugh.

Because that's the fricken point of the show, the focus of this show is not the battle themselves but about...nevermind. I give up
May 16, 2015 11:57 AM

Oct 2011
Theorder14 said:
Gov said:

Ugh.

Well, action isn't the main theme after all >.>

This would be a viable answer if practically everything Archer said was regurgitation. You were betrayed countless time and your ideals failed, I get it. Saber going back and forth with Archer was just the equivalent of white fluff.

Only interesting thing about the episode was what happened to Lancer. I could skip the 95% of this episode and just watch the last 5% of the episode to get the jist of what happened.
May 16, 2015 11:58 AM

Oct 2014
Vanisher said:

It's not, Zero makes it so damn obvious it's going to happen, there isn't even any build up to it.
May 16, 2015 11:59 AM

Aug 2012
UFO putting F/Z nods over Shirou characterization. I tried to tell you in the first cour. Glimpsing Saber's backstory now after skipping befoer shows that, along with the Kirei flashback.

My expectations for this fight have gone so far south from what they were before this cour, it's sad really. Hopefully we'll be surprised somehow.

Oct 2014
Without the talk next episodes would make not much sense.

Feb 2010
Samhiuy said:
Vanisher said:

From what I understand, you are being sarcastic and claiming that you know Fate/Zero is a prequel. Am I right? What you are trying to say is that Fate/Stay Night also spoils Fate/Zero and that whether it is a prequel or not has nothing to do with it. The argument that Fate/Zero spoils Fate/Stay Night is non-existent because it is the same vice versa?

I have to say, your response is just as bad as anyone bitching about the order you should watch it in. It doesn't make you any different and you can't do shit to change their mind. Sorry, but if you want to try to feel superior here, it just doesn't work. Why don't you just let go of that and actually comment more on the episode itself?

Exactly, you get it unlike most of the dumb people here.

I commented on the episode, it's just that this episode reminded me of their stupid arguments.
May 16, 2015 12:00 PM

Sep 2014
Contrary to what most people here seem to think, I thought Saber's flashback was a little too quick. They could have shown it in a little more detail so that people would understand her motivations, things like what Archer meant by Shirou having a catalyst to summon Saber, and these other things we don't see because there's no proper Fate route adaptation.

That being said, there was literally no time for that in this episode and there wasn't a single episode where Ufotable attempted to bridge the gap for those who haven't read Fate in the first place. In other words, that would have been a pretty unexpected shift at this point.

Being that, I thought the episode was fantastic in my opinion. Nitpickings aside, the pacing was perfect and every second was full of tension. So far, I think this was the most well-paced episode out of all episodes that didn't have action. My favorite episode of the 2nd cour, at least for the time being.
May 16, 2015 12:01 PM

Oct 2014
Gov said:

Ugh.

It's kind of the whole point of UBW, the clash of ideals. It's not an action series and I hope they don't ruin whats coming to make it more action oriented.
May 16, 2015 12:02 PM

Jul 2013
umm... why are the most of you salty about this o_o
i thought it was fine?
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
May 16, 2015 12:02 PM

Aug 2010
Grey-Zone said:
Without the talk next episodes would make not much sense.

Exactly. Otherwise, people will complain they either don't understand or don't care.
May 16, 2015 12:03 PM

Feb 2014
OH DAMN KIREI IS ALIVE AND HE KILLED LANCER WHATTTTTTTTTT????!??!?!?!

The revelations have been made, but I guess it was pretty obvious who Archer was...

The fight between him and Shirou will only be net episode... I CANT WAIT 1 WEEK!
May 16, 2015 12:04 PM

Nov 2014
...Guys, about his hair.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but...

If it's Gaia instead of ALaya, whatever.

And please remember, children, that Nasu oversaw and approved of every change.
Where is your god now.
May 16, 2015 12:05 PM

Jul 2013
DAT FUCKING EMIYA
5/5 stop bitching
この世界には。。。秘密がある
May 16, 2015 12:05 PM

Aug 2010
Dam, this adaptation rustles so many jimmies but you have to stay brave young rustlers.

"One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss. And the one who inherits the title of Boss will face an existence of endless battle."

May 16, 2015 12:06 PM

Oct 2011
nocorras said:
Gov said:

Ugh.

It's kind of the whole point of UBW, the clash of ideals. It's not an action series and I hope they don't ruin whats coming to make it more action oriented.

I get it and believe me I enjoyed it but it just felt like the studio wanted to bang our heads in with ideals this episode.

Episode 6 gave the overall story with Archer and though I give them credit for illuminating certain parts, other parts felt like they were being repeated for the 10th time.
May 16, 2015 12:07 PM

May 2014
10/10 Perfect adaptation.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 16, 2015 12:08 PM
Jun 2014
Urek said:
i thought it was fine?

Just watch and taste their sweet tears.

Overall a good episode, the Emiya Remix made it even better.
May 16, 2015 12:10 PM

Dec 2007
Kaixe-Rho said:
...Guys, about his hair.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but...

If it's Gaia instead of ALaya, whatever.

And please remember, children, that Nasu oversaw and approved of every change.
Where is your god now.
What are you talking about? MAL users obviously have a more in depth knowledge of what is canon in the FSN universe than the creator. If it's said on MAL in a fsn thread = Truth.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 16, 2015 12:11 PM

Apr 2013
LANCER NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

and fuck kirei

loved it. goosebumps at the end
May 16, 2015 12:12 PM

Jul 2007
Urek said:
i thought it was fine?

Because it was rushed, filled with unneeded flashbacks and absolutely nothing was done to understand Shirou, which will result in huge clusterfuck next episode.
May 16, 2015 12:13 PM

Jan 2015
Crazy how Kirei was more active in F/Z yet he more badass in FSN. This guy is even a bigger piece of shit on this adaptation.

I have a hate/love relationship with this magnificent bastard.
May 16, 2015 12:14 PM

Dec 2014
Holy shiat they've oen uped the vn in the most important scene. GOD DAMN!!!
May 16, 2015 12:14 PM

Nov 2014
Ketuekigami said:
If it's said on MAL in a fsn thread = Truth.

Obviously.

Also, Oh yeah, Shirou's situation at the beginning of the episode was a reference to Fate/Extra.
Uncultured swine.
May 16, 2015 12:15 PM
Jun 2014
Eylandos said:
Crazy how Kirei was more active in F/Z yet he more badass in FSN. This guy is even a bigger piece of shit on this adaptation.

I have a hate/love relationship with this magnificent bastard.

Just wait until HF comes out, then you will see the man called Kotomine Kirei in all his glory.
May 16, 2015 12:16 PM

Apr 2011
RIP Lancer... 😩😩😢😢
May 16, 2015 12:16 PM

Aug 2014
OMFG amazing episode. At first I thought the counter force having a authority bias (i.e killing rebels) was kinds BS'y but it seems to just want to retain the status quo. The dialogue was great throughout.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Pages (27) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 11, 2015

1719 by icim_fitto »»
Apr 27, 4:58 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1557 by Swatheesh123 »»
Apr 9, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 13, 2015

1574 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 17, 2015

1448 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 9:40 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1282 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 16, 7:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.