Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (27) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 9, 2015 8:23 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
[b]THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION THREAD. DO NOT DISCUSS THE VISUAL NOVEL BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

- This thread is only about this episode / this anime. If you want to discuss (future) events in the VN or Fate/Zero, compare the anime with the VN or Fate/Zero etc. please use separate threads.
- Do not spam in this thread. This isn't a chat thread or your twitter.
- Do not ask where to watch this episode or post links to the episode.
- Trolling/baiting/abuse/harassment will not be tolerated.

For more information see the Anime Series Episode Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.[/b]
May 16, 2015 8:26 AM

Nov 2011
Ah shit Lancer....

Quite a revelation about Archer with the hero and his goal to eliminate Shirou. Hyped for next episode with the buildup.
Stark700May 16, 2015 11:37 AM

Jan 2011

Best part, hands down.

At least Archer/Shirou had some time to talk, for once.
Archer confirmed for fighting ISIS.

I HEAR EMIYA
YISSSS

Oct 2010
Shinji rekt 10/10

Such revealing who killed Rin's dad

Chit-chat ep. Inbe4MoreRushedThanDeen

Being Lancer is suffering..

Dat ending tho.. EMIYA OST.
May 16, 2015 8:27 AM

Aug 2014
Haha, this episode.
The ending was good, EMIYA was great as expected.

Saber's flashback though, lmao.
I guess they can't decide if they want to merge routes or not. Seems a bit late to add to her characterization after they skipped over the bit in the shed in episode 11 for whatever reason, so her staying here sorta came out of nowhere, too.

And that opening flashback of Archer . Presumably him making the contract; why does he look like Shirou? He should've been more older and looking like....well, himself. Cause you know, he looks like that from projection and not from being a CG. Though then that means that also means he actually got the tan and hair after becoming a CG in Ufo FSN, so what he did when being summoned as a CG was.....kill terrorists. Like a bunch of cars. The Counter-Force worked to eliminate a terrorist convoy. Lol. Look out ISIS.
His monologue and the message of the flashback were conveyed well enough despite those problems, though.

And Kirei's flashback. Lancer flashback where? Unlimited Flashback Works is actually a thing lol.

They skipped Shirou's thoughts at the end, as expected.
Ransa backhanding/bitchslapping Shinji was pretty funny.

3.5/5, not too bad
InsertanamehereMay 16, 2015 12:12 PM
May 16, 2015 8:29 AM
Feb 2013
some users were able to post there though. anyway, Lancer!. and it's finally time for Archer vs Shirou.

Jul 2007
Holy shit the rushing continues.
The show yet again makes mistakes on spending time on wrong things while rushing important ones, which kind of has been HEAVY problem this cour.

When actually important things happen the show rushed.
When the unimportant shit is going, the show pads it out with filler flashbacks and all slows down to unbearable crawl.

To Start off, Archer is not supposed to be an exact backstory. He is an idea. An idea of failure, an idea of regret and remorse - limiting that to a single backstory makes the show already fail because all it does is characterize Archer and not Shirou. And that is not the character to characterize. UBW is Shirou's story about his struggle with the impossibility of ideal, not Archer's. All that is needed to know about Archer is that he is a failure. Also him being with ginger hair in that flashback contradicts canon so hard. He should already have white hair by the time of contract since it is a natural proccess and not connected with his status as Guardian.
And they toned down Archer's crazy laugh.

And then we have Saber flashback taking up time that could have been spent on Shirou characterization too. "We won't mix in other routes into this" my ass.

And of course most of Pre-Answer confrontation has absolutely NONE of Shirou's, the main player's in this situation, POV. I know he does not speek much there, but he thinks and reacts to the scene. This was PERFECT moment to give insight into his head. But no. If there was a moment to add some context to Shirou's ideals, to his mindset, to his beliefs, to his psychological problems, THIS WAS IT. The PERFECT moment to salvage something about Shirou's ideology. Instead we got nothing.

We are getting the confrontation of ideals, Answer, without even knowing Shirou's ideals or character. Yay?

Well at least the EMIYA remix was nice were nice. And Lancer was good too. Otherwise meh episode AGAIN.

Fucking hell this adaptation is such a mess.

2/5 and that is for EMIYA remix alone.

Mar 2011
Hey guyz the counter guardians now kill ISIS troops.
May 16, 2015 8:30 AM

Jan 2014
Hated the fact that they slipped in Saber and Kirei flashbacks. Archer making contract with Alaya was ugh. Why did he even have red hair in that flashback?

Shinji was ok.
EMIYA OST was great.

3/5 because of those two factors.
May 16, 2015 8:31 AM

Sep 2014
Unlimited Flash Back Works

Literally didn't expect that ~.~

Angry Rin was yes. Trollmine and Shitji were also yes.

Missed the flashbacks, so I can't say anything about them.
The sun is a deadly laser
May 16, 2015 8:33 AM

Oct 2014
I missed the first 1/3rd of the live-stream but without subs it's incomplete for me anyway.

Did Archer ask Shirou to commit suicide with that sword?
May 16, 2015 8:34 AM

May 2009
Grey-Zone said:
Did Archer ask Shirou to commit suicide with that sword?
Yes.

Aug 2009
I'm still thinking Archer is Kiritsugu.
All this "Seigi no Mikata" talk makes me think Archer is Kiritsugu.

May 2014
EP20 Previews are up.

May 16, 2015 8:36 AM

Feb 2015
next EP CONFIRMED FOR SUMMONING UBW ONCE AGAIN same shit like DEEEN
May 16, 2015 8:37 AM

Jan 2014
Lmao. DEENUBW v2 is happening. Archer vs Shirou in UBW again. I fucking knew it.
May 16, 2015 8:37 AM

May 2014
xShigarakix said:

I couldn't ask for a better place for Answer to be held tbh, and it gives them a chance to make up for last time.
May 16, 2015 8:38 AM

Mar 2011
WrongPriest said:
xShigarakix said:

I couldn't ask for a better place for Answer to be held tbh, and it gives them a chance to make up for last time.

The problem is that Archer no longer has enough prana to activate the Reality Marble.
May 16, 2015 8:39 AM

Jul 2007
WrongPriest said:
xShigarakix said:

Except that:
- It throws power levels out of whack. In more ways than just one.
- It underscores whats to come after this.
And lets take this to VN VS Anime thread instead. Ia lready wrote whi this is a bad idea there.
May 16, 2015 8:39 AM

Sep 2014
WormPriest said:
Lmao. DEENUBW v2 is happening. Archer vs Shirou in UBW again. I fucking knew it.

UBW GUYZ. Rejoice, Fai jinxed it! *grabs popcorn*
May 16, 2015 8:40 AM

May 2014
Raziel1991 said:
WrongPriest said:

The problem is that Archer no longer has enough prana to activate the Reality Marble.

Spoilers:

It needs to happen so it does.
May 16, 2015 8:42 AM

Oct 2014
We don't know Shirou ideal. Thanks UFOtable.
Why Saber flashback?
Ufo should have done Fate route 13 episodes and then UBW in OVAS.
May 16, 2015 8:42 AM

Oct 2014
I expect no better than DEEN Answer now tbh.
May 16, 2015 8:43 AM

Nov 2013
mira-nyan said:
This is scary.
May 16, 2015 8:44 AM

Sep 2014
GARBrotato said:
mira-nyan said:
This is scary.

Idk whether to roflmao or....
May 16, 2015 8:45 AM

Mar 2014
CookingPriest said:
Holy shit the rushing continues.
The show yet again makes mistakes on spending time on wrong things while rushing important ones, which kind of has been HEAVY problem this cour.

When actually important things happen the show rushed.
When the unimportant shit is going, the show pads it out with filler flashbacks and all slows down to unbearable crawl.

To Start off, Archer is not supposed to be an exact backstory. He is an idea. An idea of failure, an idea of regret and remorse - limiting that to a single backstory makes the show already fail because all it does is characterize Archer and not Shirou. And that is not the character to characterize. UBW is Shirou's story about his struggle with the impossibility of ideal, not Archer's. All that is needed to know about Archer is that he is a failure. Also him being with ginger hair in that flashback contradicts canon so hard. He should already have white hair by the time of contract since it is a natural proccess and not connected with his status as Guardian.
And they toned down Archer's crazy laugh.

And then we have Saber flashback taking up time that could have been spent on Shirou characterization too. "We won't mix in other routes into this" my ass.

And of course most of Pre-Answer confrontation has absolutely NONE of Shirou's, the main player's in this situation, POV. I know he does not speek much there, but he thinks and reacts to the scene. This was PERFECT moment to give insight into his head. But no. If there was a moment to add some context to Shirou's ideals, to his mindset, to his beliefs, to his psychological problems, THIS WAS IT. The PERFECT moment to salvage something about Shirou's ideology. Instead we got nothing.

We are getting the confrontation of ideals, Answer, without even knowing Shirou's ideals or character. Yay?

Well at least the EMIYA remix was nice were nice. And Lancer was good too. Otherwise meh episode AGAIN.

Fucking hell this adaptation is such a mess.

2/5 and that is for EMIYA remix alone.

Are you the infamous hater?
sullynathanMay 16, 2015 10:38 AM

May 2014
GARBrotato said:
mira-nyan said:
This is scary.

IKR the ground still looks gross.

But lets not talk about the next Ep in soon to be episode discussion

Mar 2013
Raziel1991 said:
WrongPriest said:

...I will contain my anger and my disappointment to prevent myself to become Counter Guardian.
So the episode rushed again and slip flashbacks everywhere?
Why they don't make the flashback later on in BD instead.
Other than Emiya's flashback, the other character's past doesn't matter that much in this ep.
May 16, 2015 8:46 AM

Sep 2014

Grown-up Shirou ~.~
May 16, 2015 8:48 AM

Jul 2007
mira-nyan said:

Grown-up Shirou ~.~

why white skin
Why red hair -_-

This will make people think archer got his powers from alaya instead of mastering them -_-
May 16, 2015 8:49 AM

Sep 2014
CookingPriest said:
mira-nyan said:

Grown-up Shirou ~.~

why white skin
Why red hair -_-

This will make people think archer got his powers from alaya instead of mastering them -_-

His skin is actually partially tanned.

They might be trying to show that he started projecting more after Alaya-powerup?
May 16, 2015 8:54 AM

Oct 2014
Oh god UBW once again same shit like DEEEN

UBWdeen > UFOflashbacks

Why a remake of UBW if they fail like DEEN?
May 16, 2015 8:55 AM

Apr 2014
when someone gives valid criticism its viewd as hate

looks like the people defending this anime dont bring facts and just insults
May 16, 2015 8:57 AM

Mar 2013
I wonder what Ufo thinking by including his RM in the fight?
Looks cool? Sure. But Archer doesn't even have mana to use it at all.
May 16, 2015 8:58 AM

Feb 2015
fateoffate said:
I wonder what Ufo thinking by including his RM in the fight?
Looks cool? Sure. But Archer doesn't even have mana to use it at all.

visual representation.....I guess they want to show the fight in the same place where he fell...idk
May 16, 2015 9:03 AM

Jun 2014
CookingPriest said:
mira-nyan said:

Grown-up Shirou ~.~

why white skin
Why red hair -_-

God damn it. No more "his hair became white due to blablablablabla magic" smh.

Also the other stuff, damn it. it's DEENUBW 2.0 ARGH.

At least we got EMIYA, but the joy was sucked out by the damn stuff especially prioritizing Archer's char dev over Shirou(the flashbacks weren't even supposed to do that smh)

And the logic that we freaking get Kirei but not Lansah flashback. God damn it.
damastahMay 16, 2015 9:15 AM
May 16, 2015 9:10 AM
Aug 2012
Was it that bad? I mean this is the most important point of the route but seriously?

Didn't Shirou's hair turn white due to overuse of magic before becoming a CG?

May 16, 2015 9:12 AM

Jul 2007
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Was it that bad? I mean this is the most important point of the route but seriously?

Didn't Shirou's hair turn white due to overuse of magic before becoming a CG?

Yes.

Yes.
May 16, 2015 9:14 AM

Jul 2013
Awesome episode.
Kirei is back. :D
Nice to see some Archer's flashback and I liked his talk with Saber and Shirou.
Someone finaly punch Shinji 5/5
May 16, 2015 9:21 AM
Jul 2012
CookingPriest said:
mira-nyan said:

Grown-up Shirou ~.~

why white skin
Why red hair -_-

To be honest, your ranting can be very hard to take in at times due to how oppressive it is in nature. However, I just can't deny the fact that they did ruined Shirou's hair. He spent his entire life mastering what little he got, and the proof of that was his white hair. It is supposed to symbolize his dedication and hard work in trying to achieve his ideal - ultimately failing and regretting to have done so.

In the previous season, Ufo was doing a better job than now. They included the Caster flashback in the scene where Shirou got controlled and taken to the temple (which only 1 line in the entire visual novel mentioned that and it was said so after the event). Seeing that, I thought Ufo has read through the materials very carefully and puts a lot of dedication to ensuring the facts stay true to the canon. There are some disputable areas such as Saber hurting Berserker, but it is easier to let that one slide.

However, this episode just outright shows that this isn't the case for Season 2. Honestly, I feel like they should have taken more time to sort out the problems if this was the case. Why did Miura felt the need to make Season 2 completely different again? He could have made the story better by NOT moving some of the stuff from Season 1 to Season 2 and also adding in lots of exposition that Season 1 did not have. Forcing the first season to end on a specific event proved to be a failure because he absolutely failed to find a better way to incorporate Anime Original elements into the series.

He should have taken his time into deciding how the entire story and pacing should be done in Anime form instead of limiting himself because he wanted to end Season 1 in a good note. Hyping the show up earns you money, but fucks up the adaptation for sure. He chose the Michael Bay way instead of focusing on the story.

Can somebody just spam email them telling them to at least fix this goddamn scene in the Blu-Ray? I don't care if they do it any less justice to the series, at least correct such a blatant mistake. I bet he is feeling very proud and thought he made a hit with the adaptation. At least Tomino admitted that he didn't direct Gundam G no Reconguista well and that the fans didn't understand what he wanted to portray in the series. I bet all my organs that Miura don't have the guts to admit that and thinks he made the best choices. This man is not humble at all. No offense, he sounds way too amateur and arrogant during his interview. He is blinded by his success and started digging deeper into his grave.
May 16, 2015 9:28 AM
Aug 2012
Come on people don't blame Miura. His understanding of FSN and Shirou is wrong to start with and he is incompetent. "Coming of age" my ass, the Main character is shafted into a side character in his own show, his scenes changed to make the guy look dumb and the Archer-wank is strong not to mention the basic mistakes.

May 16, 2015 9:32 AM

Mar 2013
Ufotable or Miura can't into lore I guess.
On another note:
May 16, 2015 9:34 AM

Sep 2014
You guys should understand that Nasu is standing right next to him when he does is stuff -_-
May 16, 2015 9:35 AM

Mar 2013
mira-nyan said:
You guys should understand that Nasu is standing right next to him when he does is stuff -_-

Remember Extra CCC and

Yeah, no.
fateoffateMay 16, 2015 9:38 AM
May 16, 2015 9:35 AM

Jun 2014
fateoffate said:
Ufotable or Miura can't into lore I guess.
On another note:

"You aren't human!"
May 16, 2015 9:36 AM

Sep 2014
fateoffate said:
mira-nyan said:

Remember Extra CCC and
Image? Yeah, no.

*when he wasn't looking*

Not

*when he wasn't there*
May 16, 2015 9:39 AM

Mar 2013
mira-nyan said:
fateoffate said:

Remember Extra CCC and
Image? Yeah, no.

*when he wasn't looking*

Not

*when he wasn't there*

Which means Nasu wasn't looking when he does his stuff.
May 16, 2015 9:40 AM

Apr 2014
Christ almighty, nothing ever pleases you people does it.
May 16, 2015 9:40 AM

Sep 2014
fateoffate said:
mira-nyan said:

*when he wasn't looking*

Not

*when he wasn't there*

Which means Nasu wasn't looking when he does his stuff.

Right, totally. Whatever makes you sleep at night :)
May 16, 2015 9:41 AM

Aug 2010
Damn it. I missed the stream.
So apparently Shirou didn't have his tanned skin and white hair when he made the pact with the world?
Why? How is that even something to fuck up?
They ALWAYS went for the rule of cool over accuracy in this adaptation, and they pass on THIS?
Will need to watch it to judge it for myself, but geez.

And EMIYA WAS FINALLY PLAYED? OMGYUS. Looking forward to that.

About next episode being inside UBW, it seems like Nasu was the one behind that alteration in Deen's UBW as well.
Pages (27) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 11, 2015

1719 by icim_fitto »»
Apr 27, 4:58 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1557 by Swatheesh123 »»
Apr 9, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 13, 2015

1574 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 17, 2015

1448 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 9:40 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1282 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 16, 7:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.