Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 7, 2015 8:00 PM

Jun 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
it was overall decent but Makoto the writer made a fatal mistake.
When Makoto just let Jinnai take the girl weapon without doing anything. lmao
it was stupid.
the romance conclusion was good tho
Will watch the alternative version soon, I hope it's much better.
3/10
Aug 8, 2020 6:38 AM

Mar 2012
This made no sense, all it took to save el-hazard was Makoto disappearing for a few days?
Mar 29, 2021 12:59 PM

Jan 2010
“If you are reading this looking for answers, I’m sorry, you will find none.”

Well put. This was, perhaps, one of the more annoying shows I’ve had the displeasure of experiencing.

Was it necessary to make Shayla a love interest so late into the show? What was the point of Nanami’s character? How is the princess a princess when there’s no ruling king or queen? What is the princess’s political role anyways? Whose bright idea was it to create a world-destroying machine in the sky, then make an android-like demon god girl the interface to control the device? Where did the Earthlings get their special powers anyways? Diva seemed to not want all-out war at first, but if so, then what were they fighting for anyways? If these temples and priestesses are so important, why are they ignored, disrespected, or forgotten so easily?

Goodness gracious that was painful. Props to Jinnai’s English VA though, this was not an easy role, as laughing maniacally for 26 episodes must have made him the center of aggravation during recording. Though, I’m not sure if it’s a complement to say that the English voice direction excelled at being irritating. Jinnai will go down as one of the most intentionally annoying characters I’ve listened to in the longest time.
Sep 27, 2022 11:46 PM
Jan 2022
This anime is a precursor of Japan's "Shosetsu-ka ni Naro" culture, in which the main characters, who are high school students, are into the adventure in a different world.

However, the story is complicated by the fact that some of the members take the side of the villains during their transition to a world reminiscent of Arab culture.
One character appears as a symbol of the legacy of the old civilization.

This animation was perfect for me.
From today's point of view, there are some parts that are clunky and the storyline is not fresh.
But if you like science fiction, it is worth watching.

More topics from this board

Poll: » El Hazard: The Wanderers Episode 1 Discussion

Aarronin - Jan 10, 2015

2 by ipodMichael101 »»
Aug 29, 2021 11:57 PM

Poll: » El Hazard: The Wanderers Episode 20 Discussion

Shocked - Mar 26, 2021

1 by MichaelJackson »»
May 12, 2021 9:27 AM

Poll: » El Hazard: The Wanderers Episode 5 Discussion

Shocked - Mar 25, 2021

0 by Shocked »»
Mar 25, 2021 3:52 PM

Poll: » El Hazard: The Wanderers Episode 4 Discussion

greenmarty - Mar 20, 2013

1 by Shocked »»
Mar 25, 2021 3:22 PM

Poll: » El Hazard: The Wanderers Episode 3 Discussion

Maou_heika - Jul 21, 2020

1 by Shocked »»
Mar 25, 2021 2:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.