Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 7, 2015 12:29 PM

Jul 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It had potential to be better.

Too many plotholes, ascetic animation (to say the least), quite good voice acting and terribad sound effects (sometimes). The only good part was story (minus plotholes) and characters.

Overall 6/10 from me.
Feb 2, 2017 6:37 PM

Apr 2014
Definitely, with this premise, it could have been made into a multi episode special or even series to make everything flow better but there's probably already some anime like this now lol
More episodes would have definitely fixed some of the plotholes
Definitely the nostalgia factor is a big reason giving it a 10, that summer day and mom made pasta :-P
Oct 13, 2022 8:29 AM

Aug 2017
Prime Rose's hair looks very Usagi-ish, though I suppose it was common? Also interesting that she gained an ability to turn into stone, I wonder if this is Tezuka's original idea or happened somewhere before, because I've seen it in modern superhero anime too. So probably an inspiration.

The plot could've been better structured and more fleshed out, but the ideas were good. I can even forgive plotholes and illogical things at times. The ending was touching, and the part with a wall was genuinely creative and unexpected.
Apr 24, 2023 11:23 AM

Oct 2017
- The movie felt all over the place, no cohesive storyline, but not surprising coming from Dezaki.

- Is it just me, or it felt a lot like Asterix and Obelix series?

- Jinba died in the goofiest way ever.

Aug 27, 2023 3:26 PM

Apr 2019
A blend of sci-fi, fairy tale and historical conflict into a sapless B-movie. The story is well thought and produced, but killed by very boring characters and by taking itself too seriously. It's neither good nor so-bad-it's-good, just mediocre. (3.5/10)

Sep 11, 2023 7:20 AM

Sep 2012
I king of liked it and wonder if Death Mask inspired Bastard in 1987. For its time I will give it an 8/10
Trying to watch all available anime series so you won't have to anymore, the list of anime I can recommend is still in progress, tho
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.