Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 8, 2015 1:37 AM
Always yours.

Apr 2015
JustALEX said:
supracseduch said:
Dude, that's the point: they are talking about abstract nonsense as though it made sense. Someone seriously needs to call them out on it.

Yeah, Ok....I was reading the comments and it seems like that's the point.

But they could've made it a tiny bit more entertaining, maybe?

This show has it's moments, but the majority of the time it is unbelievably boring....the interactions with the characters are really not that great, I think it's because of all the inner monologuing that Hachiman does that people are so intrigued.

I think this anime is suffering from the "Haruhi Effect".....except Haruhi was actually entertaining and things actually happened in that anime in a much more frequent basis.

The entertaining part was that the shit they were talking about was actually shit. I mean, they got nowhere and all they threw around were these big words (at least when translated to English). It's pretty reflective of meetings today where all things discussed are just words being thrown around.
May 8, 2015 1:48 AM

Jan 2013
I'm disappointed with this episode... every time I saw the katakana on the LN I would read it like if it was Zaimokuza shouting those words, and that didn't happen here... now I'm sad...

But seriously, what's with the hand gesture? All those looks that the guys have? Such creeps, I can't even describe it.

Can't wait for the two appearances on the next episode.
May 8, 2015 1:49 AM

Jul 2013
someone get yukinon beat the crap outta that other school prez...
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
May 8, 2015 1:54 AM
May 2014
They mentioned getting elementary students involved. Hopefully that has something to do with Rumi being in the OP and ED.

I found all the ridiculous use of big words and hand movements to be funny.

As annoying as many people find Orimoto to be, I find her enjoyable just because of how ridiculous she is.

It's crazy how everyone is just going with the flow and not speaking up on how everything in the meetings is just nonsense.
May 8, 2015 1:55 AM

Nov 2011
Those damn hand movements annoyed me so much. :<
May 8, 2015 1:56 AM

Jan 2008
NoonSsa said:

Overall, this episode was alright just can't stand anymore to watch those annoying douches using weird English.

A president from other school said
" we have to use logical thinking to think about logically "
and Hachiman's inner reaction was so funny.

Fixed it for you. Thanks for spoiling it.
May 8, 2015 1:58 AM

May 2010
Wait...THIS EPISODE IS OVER???
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
May 8, 2015 1:58 AM

Mar 2015
So, why are they avoiding the primary issue and focusing on something that doesn't look interesting at all?
May 8, 2015 1:59 AM

Jun 2013
OREGAIRU : How to Raise a Stupid-A**hole-Unreliable student council president

That should be the title for season 2
May 8, 2015 2:02 AM

Dec 2012
Incoming LOVE TRIANGLE?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 8, 2015 2:04 AM
May 2014
Doomdoctor said:
So, why are they avoiding the primary issue and focusing on something that doesn't look interesting at all?

Because they're full of sh*t (other school team)
Actually had alot of fun this episode.
but I wanted it to be longer damn.
Iroha moments is awesome!
Hachiman deflecting BS with BS lol
8man 8/8
OML my signature was edgy. lol
May 8, 2015 2:05 AM

Mar 2015
GosuGian said:
Incoming LOVE TRIANGLE?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With who? I don't really see any love going on except Yui's unrequited love or feelings.
May 8, 2015 2:07 AM

Mar 2015
UnknownSpecies said:
Doomdoctor said:

8man 8/8

You misunderstood me. I was referring to the creators.
May 8, 2015 2:09 AM

Jul 2013
LOL Hachiman's imitations of Iroha
3rd rejection now by Iroha

I really want to punch Tamanawa in the face
god those hand gestures lols..

Kaori Orimoto just as irritating as ever.
May 8, 2015 2:14 AM
May 2014
Doomdoctor said:
UnknownSpecies said:

8man 8/8

This is exactly what 8man needs (a breather from the club) because of the lingering awkward atmosphere at the club. It'll probably break if not solved sooner or later. That problem will be addressed later on. Currently, it's Seitokai Isshiki arc that 8man's tryng to solve, Just like what they always do in the club instead it's only gonna be 8man solving the problem.
OML my signature was edgy. lol
May 8, 2015 2:16 AM
Mar 2014
Doomdoctor said:
UnknownSpecies said:

8man 8/8

Unless you want to get spoiled, I say keep watching. Just because it doesnt has anything to do with the main issue now, doesn't mean it will not be later. Don't worry, they will definitely solve(?) the issue by the end of this season.
May 8, 2015 2:17 AM

Jan 2013
is beaing honest with your feelings a taboo in that club or something ? why cant everyone just say whats their problem and be done with it
May 8, 2015 2:17 AM

Jan 2015
JustALEX said:
supracseduch said:
Dude, that's the point: they are talking about abstract nonsense as though it made sense. Someone seriously needs to call them out on it.

Yeah, Ok....I was reading the comments and it seems like that's the point.

But they could've made it a tiny bit more entertaining, maybe?

This show has it's moments, but the majority of the time it is unbelievably boring....the interactions with the characters are really not that great, I think it's because of all the inner monologuing that Hachiman does that people are so intrigued.

I think this anime is suffering from the "Haruhi Effect".....except Haruhi was actually entertaining and things actually happened in that anime in a much more frequent basis.

On the contrary, I think the interactions are pretty good. I like the subtlety in their body language and the hints in their psychological makeup, as well as the general atmosphere.

But I found this episode less entertaining than the previous ones. For one, some of the gestures are obviously not subtle at all, and are in fact meaningless. Moreover I don't find Iroha that intriguing-- or at least not interesting enough to steal screen time from Yukino, whose thoughts are still shrouded in mystery. Stop leaving out one of the main characters please.

Doomdoctor said:
May 8, 2015 2:25 AM

Jan 2013
JustALEX said:
sim0n2170 said:
Them hand gestures wtf

That's seriously the only thing I took from this episode.

Some random dude saying nonsense while moving his hands in an unnatural way.

While that was indeed funny....I want my 24 minutes of watching anime to be a bit more productive.

What a waste.

You'd be actually hard pressed to find an anime that's more 'productive' to watch than Oregairu.
It's not an anime where you can turn off your brain, sit back and let yourself be entertained. You have to keep thinking. You have to keep 'reading between the lines'. You have to keep asking yourself what exactly the characters are doing and why they're doing it. And then you go to the forum and fill the gaps. It's all part of the experience.

You summed up the episode as weird hand gestures, (the purpose of which you didn't even understand at first) but there was so much more happening.
Relationship with Yukino is getting even worse.
Christmas coming up soon. In romcoms, that's the time where intense stuff happens.
Hachiman helping out Iroha behind Yukino and Yui's backs.
Other school student council keeps talking nonsense (while using smart words) but they're not doing work. They're trying to push as much as they can onto Iroha, and it's working, since she has no idea what they're saying.
Iroha not doing well as stuco president. We see how her council is pretty much giving up on her already.
And that's probably not all.

If you don't like anime that require a bit of thinking, then I guess this isn't your cup of tea.
May 8, 2015 2:25 AM

May 2014
Yui is adorable again :) YuixHachiman Also I wish Hachimans crush would leave him alone why is she so caught up with his love life anyways uggggh the hate is real.
Minori Kushieda Forever <3

May 8, 2015 2:26 AM
Jun 2013
macamiki said:
is beaing honest with your feelings a taboo in that club or something ? why cant everyone just say whats their problem and be done with it

the club wouldn't have existed in the first place if Hachiman and Yukinon were straightforward and easy to get along with
May 8, 2015 2:26 AM

Mar 2012
Holy... those hand gestures were quite something this episode.

And boy, that meeting was quite a joke by the other school. I hate it when I'm in a group and the other members don't help with the progress. As Hachiman noted, not knowing what the hell the meeting is trying to accomplish would set me off. Haha welp, can't wait to see how Hachiman tries to resolve this.

Also, Kaori is freaken annoying... >.> Just has to be that one useless person in a group who contributes nothing but exclamatory fluff at the end of every "suggestion" made.
May 8, 2015 2:27 AM

Aug 2013
Hidayat246 said:

That should be the title for season 2

Dude calm your jimmies. No need to be so pretentious
May 8, 2015 2:29 AM

May 2013
Yukino is still feeling down. I hope we can fix that soon but then again I don't want all the drama that will definitely come with it.

I love the chemistry between Iroha and Hachiman, need more!

The student council really need to get down to earth and actually do something instead of just inflating their egos.
May 8, 2015 2:42 AM

Dec 2014
-8man staring too much, it's getting creepy but Yui's ^^ got his back.
-Saika, it's far from normal in the club but you can't see it that easily.
-Almost thought that 8man was going to ditch Yui.
-Hachimans' monologues while Isshiki was at the club were hilarious. Yukino is kinda annoying atm in my eyes and it bothers me because she was so awesome in the first season. 8man trying to rape Isshiki, hah too late to correct yourself. Give the man his praise back, 8man is finding ways to insult himself by his own in his mind :D
-Poor choice of words there Yukino.
-Maybe the Kaihin or whatever prez was expecting a handshake there but got shot down. The annoying cunt of a woman is back. I like Iroha and her subtle trolling.
-The Kaihin or whatever bunch seems rather gay, do they not?
-Fondle dem boobs prez. You sure are handy...yea that joke may be dated. Hikki is bombing your theories in his mind.
-You're gonna get stabbed someday. God I laughed for like a minute.
-Hikky being foxy...god that sounds so stupid.
-Hikky starts fondling too and talking mindless bullshit with big words to make himself (not that he's not already) smart like the gay bunch does.
-The Cunt-woman has no real idea what's going on but hey noone does.
-No laughing matter indeed. Isshiki seemed sad, maybe she got yelled at by her Concil because they'll drop dead with work.

Overall a relaxing and fun episode but it points the demise of the Club on several occasions. Began to like Yui more these episodes but that's because Yukino became passive and unsure, she's probably thinking if they take high-risk jobs that the Club will disappear.
May 8, 2015 2:48 AM

Dec 2011
This episode didnt feel as entertaining to watch... probably because I hate Iroha. She isnt taking responsibility at all, as seen from the other StuCo members.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 8, 2015 2:50 AM

Oct 2012
Thrashinuva said:
Iizbakaokay said:
Kaihin sougo High school prez is so annoying - I love it.
His hand movement at the end gave me the creeps ;~;

I wish I could have reached through the screen and punched him in the face. Not only him but the rest of his council too. It's like
Avus said:
Two words to represent this episode - Corporate Bullshit. A very nice example to describe corporate bullshit.

I know Hikki has realized it at least to some extent. I want him to put them all in their place... but I guess he isn't going to do that probably.

That was some crazy body language and crazy talk. I was just WTF? But yeah you actually can meet such people in real life, so annoying :P But to see Hikki actually trying to stop the nonsense talk with his own nonsense talk was nice. I expected him to be more blunt, well maybe in the next episode XP

BTW, i like the chemistry between the foxy president and Hikki :)
May 8, 2015 2:51 AM

Mar 2012
So as it turns out, something's still bothering Yukino. However at this point if she dioesnt make an effort to solve it then i can hardly feel bad for her. Yui has constantly tried to be the ice breaker and 8man is falling over himself to try and make things better. So far, Yukino's done absolutely nothing but pout so the onus is on her to fix this too. And no, im not some raging Yukino hater, i like and respect the character but i feel that we're at the point where her mysterious angst is bringing everyone else down.
---
Twitter: @JusticeSoulTuna
Wordpress: JusticeSoulTuna
Youtube: JusticeSoulTuna
I'm literally JST everywhere
May 8, 2015 2:52 AM

Mar 2015
So we got still bitter Yukino for what Hachiman did for her.
Also we got Yui getting closer to Hachiman, getting to the club together and Yui noticed Hachiman's stare to the group.
Hachiman accepting Saika to the club anytime he wants to.
Irohas rejected Hachiman for the 3rd time in a row. Also Irohas getting closer with Hachiman, during the whole helping with the grocery, and the council.

Also that hand gestures during the whole council meeting must have used more costs than it needs to.... Damn studios need to get their budget in check and use it for a better use.

Not a bad episode, lots of jokes and fun, completely different from previous episodes. That DAYONE girl needs to go! Getting annoying every time.

Although I agree that Yukino should have gone to the meeting, it would negate Hachiman's mission on getting the club together because Yukino is very serious on doing these stuffs. Also it would make Irohas bad and the members will be more disappointed with her.

Here's hoping to see Yui jealous on Hachiman getting closer to Irohas! I wonder what Yui will do to compete with Irohas? Ugh.... 1 more week for the next episode..

May 8, 2015 2:55 AM

Mar 2015
Iizbakaokay said:
Kaihin sougo High school prez is so annoying - I love it.
His hand movement at the end gave me the creeps ;~;

Also I wonder how many times Hikki shall be rejected by Isshiki.
And who can forget hachiman imitating Isshiki's voice ^_^
~~ Waiting for the subs PATIENTLY ~~

That hand gestures costs more budget than the entire Naruto fillers. So much unnecessary hand movements that needed lots of animations per frame that costs more money. But still funny everytime I see it.

May 8, 2015 2:56 AM

Sep 2013
What is happening to my Yukinoshita T___T
May 8, 2015 2:58 AM
Jun 2013
highpriest2500 said:
SansrivaaL said:

Im inclined to agree, having a sad/bad end would be for the better.

Second that. I will be so sad if the anime ends on a sour note between Yukino and Hikki.

Not sure if it was intentional but the opening seems to give out hints on how the story goes,

こんなレプリカはいらない
I don't want a replica like this
本物と呼べる物だけでいい
I'm fine only having things that can be called "real"
探しに行くんだ そこへ
I'll go searching, following this path
でも それは よくできたfairytaleみたい
But, "That's just a well made fairy tail,"
君はつぶやいた…
You whispered.

http://www.lyrical-nonsense.com/lyrics/yanagi-nagi/harumodoki/#page=English

if things go according to the last part of opening lyrics(as episode 1-5's story did follow the beginning parts of the opening)...then it would seem like in the end, Yukino would not be able to find the "real" thing she wants, whether it's love or friendship, it's debatable, but it definitely means sad/bad ending imo.
Hope I'm wrong though.
May 8, 2015 2:59 AM
May 2014

The club is finally back together (OP visual change)

The tea cups unfortunately haven't been used
May 8, 2015 3:07 AM

Mar 2015
So can anyone tell me exactly which chapter of the LN is being adapted now?
May 8, 2015 3:13 AM

Mar 2015
Doomdoctor said:

I think it's supposed to be 9, because I believe that the last picture illustration on Vol. 8 is the one where Yui is patting Hachiman's head which is the previous episode. I have the vol. 8 novel because of its bonus with a book art edition^^. Also the whole scenario is also different from before. So I think it's vol. 9
DarklordVorMay 8, 2015 3:16 AM

May 8, 2015 3:17 AM
Jan 2015
Doomdoctor said:

This episode adapted Chapters 1 and 2 of volume 9, with the less vital stuff excluded.
指が折れるまで!
May 8, 2015 3:19 AM

May 2012
I noticed that they put more of 8man's mental interjections and mini-monologues.
8man going solo on a mission.
The hand gestures this episode were very distracting.
May 8, 2015 3:20 AM

Mar 2015
Vangis605 said:
Doomdoctor said:

This episode adapted Chapters 1 and 2 of volume 9, with the less vital stuff excluded.

Thanks
May 8, 2015 3:22 AM

Oct 2013
OMG, wtf was that bs they were spouting ? Iroha should have object or something ...
I can't wait till Yukino arrives to shut them up , and let's not forget his junior classmate she is just the worst !!
May 8, 2015 3:27 AM

Oct 2013
Doomdoctor said:

They are not avoiding the primary issue.
That Student Council meeting is a parallel to the Service Club's current state.
Pure form, superficiality without substance.

Also seems that Volume 9 adaptation is slower paced.

BiriBiri21 said:
What is happening to my Yukinoshita T___T

It's called character development. :)
lijenstinaMay 8, 2015 3:38 AM
Cemeteries are full of past winners.

Hypocrisy is about being your own marketing department.
May 8, 2015 3:28 AM
Jan 2015
I can see why people have trouble understanding what's going on. Translating this episode must have been terrible for subtitles. I'm not sure if the comedic effect translates well into other languages...

I'm just throwing this out there, but Isshiki's childish voice continues to annoy the hell out of me. I imagine how Hachiman feels.
指が折れるまで!
May 8, 2015 3:30 AM

Dec 2013
Isshiki is awesome! Give back my praise XD

Damn good episode but I am coming to really hate that bitch!
May 8, 2015 3:42 AM

Sep 2012
The student council didn't know what the hell they were talking about lmao
Oh god who are you people?
May 8, 2015 3:43 AM

Jan 2014
seriously that girl 8man use to like needs some hard and serious bitch slapping (=_=)
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

May 8, 2015 3:49 AM

Jul 2007
I laughed so much in this episode. The hand gestures were hilarious :D
May 8, 2015 3:51 AM

Jan 2015
Fiji said:
This episode didnt feel as entertaining to watch... probably because I hate Iroha. She isnt taking responsibility at all, as seen from the other StuCo members.

Well her not doing the best of jobs serves to point out the flaw in 8man's ways. Iroha is a first year that didn't want the position yet 8man sweet talked her into it. So of course she's going to be in over her head. Not to mention she's a first year president while everyone else is her senior.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
May 8, 2015 4:35 AM

Feb 2011
that other student council was like the student council of buzz words

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
May 8, 2015 5:02 AM

Dec 2013
Holy balls. I didn't think it's possible but this episode was even more boring then the previous ones. Terrible season.
And this:
sim0n2170 said:
Them hand gestures wtf

Yeah, so overdone.
May 8, 2015 5:04 AM
Jun 2013
To anyone calling Yukino annoying or a bitch, just give it a few more episodes before judging her. There's a reason she's disappointed in Hachiman and Yui.
I don't want to spoil it too much, but let's just say that she wants something "real" or in her own words: genuine.
May 8, 2015 5:07 AM
Apr 2014
Yukino...?
Dayone is back.
I really thought those meeting sessions would end in a tragedy with 8man being there.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 21, 2015

668 by muimaniac »»
May 14, 8:47 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2015

1002 by venbals »»
Mar 29, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2015

556 by venbals »»
Mar 29, 1:08 AM

» Help me understand the whole drama ( 1 2 )

GuidSMR - Apr 4, 2023

65 by NaughtySempai »»
Feb 26, 8:34 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2015

374 by Quirky_Capybara »»
Feb 8, 11:42 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.