Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
May 8, 2015 9:56 AM

Jul 2011
I think that other school student council prez is mixed with Italian...other than, pretty slow episode.
May 8, 2015 10:04 AM

Aug 2014
The hand language is strong in this one. Looks pretty weird as heck.
I'm in the same boat as Hikki too, have no idea what were they talking about. lol
It seems that Iroha's subordinates have some problem with Iroha herself? I can see why though.

Also, this is not Volunteer Club I know anymore, Yukino destroyed the overall atmosphere in this episode!

On side notes, I like the interaction between Hikki and Iroha now, kinda amusing to watch. Will she fall in love with Hikki btw? I'm trying to support this ship.
May 8, 2015 10:26 AM
Mar 2014
Why do people like Iroha so much? I liked her at first, but not after this episode. She is not a competent student prez, she just smiles, nods her head, and lets the other school push all the actual work on theirs. Doesn't even make sense for someone supposedly good at manipulating people.

This is Sagami all over again.
May 8, 2015 10:34 AM
Always yours.

Apr 2015
Kay_Lite said:
The hand language is strong in this one. Looks pretty weird as heck.
I'm in the same boat as Hikki too, have no idea what were they talking about. lol
It seems that Iroha's subordinates have some problem with Iroha herself? I can see why though.

Yeah, it seems like this little episode is a reflection of what happened in season 1 where Yukino had to do all of the work that the (Cultural Events?) President wasn't able to do.

Kay_Lite said:
I'm trying to support this ship.

Don't you dare...don't you dare... I'm still hoping for Yukino x Hachiman ship to be open for boarding.
May 8, 2015 10:35 AM

Apr 2015
^
^ Iroha isn't a competent SCP, the previous EP should have hinted that. She has the right skills for the wrong job though. Again, that plastic bag scene.
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
May 8, 2015 10:38 AM

Sep 2013
Pretty good episode, love how close Iroha and 8man are getting. On the other hand, the girl he used to have a crush on is definitely worst girl IMO. That last part was so annoying, hopefully he gives her "the bad guy speech" like he did in season one to the other girl haha.
"As you can see, being in a group brings no advantages to the individual. Thus, I choose to be the bear, a beast that refuses to form groups with others. It’s an animal of isolation that’s not at all worried about its solitary lifestyle. Let’s not forget that bears get to hibernate as well. Oh, what a wonderful existence. If I’m ever reincarnated, I most certainly would like to be reborn as a bear."
May 8, 2015 10:38 AM

Apr 2015
HazukashiiSensei said:
Holy balls. I didn't think it's possible but this episode was even more boring then the previous ones. Terrible season.
And this:
sim0n2170 said:
Them hand gestures wtf

Yeah, so overdone.

They're supposed to be. Handyman is weird like that. He spouts bullshit that doesn't take the council anywhere, but makes it seem important to the others by using his hands and big words. People tend to follow/believe others who are or appear confident.
May 8, 2015 10:39 AM

Oct 2013
Damn...that guy's hands were really distracting me! I was just watching at them, forgetting to read the subs :)

And that "Preach it" junior high Hikki's crush is really going on my nerves! Why the f*** is she laughing at him all the time? Bi*ch... I really dislike people like her.
May 8, 2015 10:41 AM

Oct 2013
damn, those hand movements were amazing
May 8, 2015 10:42 AM

Apr 2015
dirtyuncle said:
Why do people like Iroha so much? I liked her at first, but not after this episode. She is not a competent student prez, she just smiles, nods her head, and lets the other school push all the actual work on theirs. Doesn't even make sense for someone supposedly good at manipulating people.

This is Sagami all over again.

Well, Iroha is basically a female Hachiman except she has the looks and is able to deal with social situations better by acting cute. People tend to like characters with huge facades.
Anyways, Iroha is pretty cool, but yeah she's not taking responsibility. Although you have to keep in mind it's easier said than done. Does that justify her actions? Nope. But it explains them. Gotta be lenient since she's only a Freshman. Still a bit annoying though.
YuzurynMay 8, 2015 11:15 AM
May 8, 2015 10:43 AM
Aug 2013
I didn't liked some of the episodes at first because of the negative atmosphere it loves to display but man, this episode was hilarious. I cracked up at-
Handifap man- "We need to think logical thinking hats while adopting a logical mindset"

Hikki- "Isn't that the same thing? How many times are you gonna think logically?"
XDD
And many others. Those people must have jumped straight from a highly standardized co- operate society or something.

Things at their club are sure gloomy- all because of Yukino. I'm kinda getting irritated by her cold and gloomy attitude. How much time does it take for someone to cheer up? It wasn't a big deal.

On the other side, I'm starting to like Isshiki. Am I the only one who secretly wants to ship Hikki with Isshiki? They are kinda going good together. :)

Also- Someone needs to slap that middle school girl. How did Hikki even had a crush on her? She's annoying as hell.
May 8, 2015 10:43 AM

Aug 2012
Pls no more Kaori. Yui and Iroha are holding things together, but this bitch is beyond aggravating.

JustALEX said:
sim0n2170 said:
Them hand gestures wtf

That's seriously the only thing I took from this episode.

Some random dude saying nonsense while moving his hands in an unnatural way.

While that was indeed funny....I want my 24 minutes of watching anime to be a bit more productive.

What a waste.
If that's all you took from the episode, then that's the problem right there. Did you not see any relation between the student council meetings and the Volunteer Club? I mean, the episode title kinda spells it out.
May 8, 2015 10:52 AM

Apr 2015
PhantomViewer said:
This anime is so dumb. I greatly enjoyed the first season but now everything seems to be so over blown. Why is Yui and Hachiman talking in class such a big deal? Why does no one just outright say what they feel rather than just sit there and try to figure out some retarded solution without actually dealing witht he problem? Honestly this is not how real life works. Most people I've have an issue with I tell them, and we either work it out or stop talking to each other. Why doesn't just someone tell the fucking handsy president that his plans are too big. Jesus christ this anime makes no sense. And why the fk is Yukinon so fking depressed? I dont understand her problem with her sister, her family, or her friends. She is filthy rich, smart, and beautiful. What else could she want? Sure her relationship with her family and sister is bad, but how does that justify her behavior?

Also why dod people even like this ishikki bitch? Honeslty she is the most annoying chaarcter out of all of them. She is cold and calculated and treats most people like tools, while having a "cute girl" persona. Honestly hate her character the most.

The anime is dumb because it's realistic aka real life is dumb. I don't know what kind of life you lead, but I've met countless people who act like Yukino, etc and hide their feelings and what they really want to say. Gotta remember, man. Everyone's different. Some people don't let others know if they have problems with them for multiple reasons. 1. It may ruin the friendship and they want to keep it. 2. It may cause drama. and multiple others. Idk, maybe this anime isn't for you since Oregairu is pretty much a more realistic take on teenage angst and social relations. It's not exactly a good thing to do if you look at other people's problems from your own point of view. Example. Let's say A-ko has no social anxiety. Yet, B-ko does. A-ko can easily talk to others in person while B-ko struggles to do so. Wouldn't it be kind of mean if A-ko went to B-ko "Why can't you do this? It's SO easy! I can do it all the time." While it's easy for you, it's not easy for them. You're not in their shoes.
May 8, 2015 10:57 AM

May 2011
Shuhan said:
Iizbakaokay said:
Kaihin sougo High school prez is so annoying - I love it.
His hand movement at the end gave me the creeps ;~;

Also I wonder how many times Hikki shall be rejected by Isshiki.
And who can forget hachiman imitating Isshiki's voice ^_^
~~ Waiting for the subs PATIENTLY ~~

I cant stop looking at that gif

Bringing out his inner obama

Dunno why people were bitching about this ep, that meeting clearly showed there is a problem, and the other student council speaking some corporate mumbo jumbo is just hilarious. Hachiman's internal reactions were also golden this episode
RockerXDMay 8, 2015 11:03 AM
May 8, 2015 10:57 AM

Jan 2014
The hand gestures are hilarious.
May 8, 2015 11:04 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Hachiman and Iroha bring in a completely new dynamic in this show. Very fresh dialogues and actions between them. One of the best episodes IMO.
May 8, 2015 11:05 AM

May 2011
Smudy said:
Hachiman and Iroha bring in a completely new dynamic in this show. Very fresh dialogues and actions between them. One of the best episodes IMO.

I know right?
May 8, 2015 11:05 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Those hand gestures, lol
It's like playing invisible hot potato lol

That girl laughing at Hikki for being in the Volunteers Club. She needs to be slapped ASAP. Call Komachi, and let her rip her apart.

The meeting was so hard to get into. Even Hikki didn't understand what they were talking about. xD
Going to the Volunteers Club, Yukino is so putting a smiling facade. She loses the Student Council election, and now she's lacking the spark she used to have.

May 8, 2015 11:08 AM

Jan 2011
That other high school... Mr Hand Gestures, annoying ex-classmate and others.
It seems like a chain of passing the work. Other high school -> Iroha -> Sad student council members

How I imagine their discussion...
"We need to improve this!"
"How about we make it better?"
"Good idea!"
Proceeds to dump work on you and expect you to make it better based on that statement

Their club may be back together but its becoming as superficial as Hayama's group and they know it. And it looks to me like Hayama's group might be falling apart soon.

Don't know whether Hachiman made the right choice by deciding to go solo but it's nice to see him with Iroha.
SkyTateMay 8, 2015 11:11 AM
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
May 8, 2015 11:10 AM

Apr 2014
Hm...not bad.
Iroha having trouble with the student council member.
Iroha's silly acting is not so bad.
Kaori is so annoying...can't stand her at all.
Hachiman and his club members still have not solve their problem...
Looking forward to what is going to happen next!
May 8, 2015 11:12 AM

Apr 2015
Shaily said:
I didn't liked some of the episodes at first because of the negative atmosphere it loves to display but man, this episode was hilarious. I cracked up at-
Handifap man- "We need to think logical thinking hats while adopting a logical mindset"

Hikki- "Isn't that the same thing? How many times are you gonna think logically?"
XDD
And many others. Those people must have jumped straight from a highly standardized co- operate society or something.

Things at their club are sure gloomy- all because of Yukino. I'm kinda getting irritated by her cold and gloomy attitude. How much time does it take for someone to cheer up? It wasn't a big deal.

On the other side, I'm starting to like Isshiki. Am I the only one who secretly wants to ship Hikki with Isshiki? They are kinda going good together. :)

Also- Someone needs to slap that middle school girl. How did Hikki even had a crush on her? She's annoying as hell.

Haha, yeah. Yukino has her reasons for being all gloomy at the moment, but I think she's overdoing it a bit. Alas, she's still an edgy teenager so it's to be expected so I usually just ignore it. It'd help if she and Hikki communicated more yet they're both stubborn to a degree so r.i.p. x__x
Oh and they explained why Hikki had a crush on Orimoto in the anime but it was kind of brief. (More detailed ish in the LN)
But basically, you know Hikki's nice girl speech from Season 1? Orimoto is pretty much the nice girl he was talking about. They lure you in by talking to you constantly so it looks like that they're interested in you then you find out that they're not. You're hurt because you thought they were actually interested in YOU, but in reality they were just being nice. No real feelings. No real friendship. Superficial. (Whether their kindness is genuine depends on the person). I agree with you that she can be very annoying blEH. On a serious level, she's not a bad person. It's just that she's SUPER insensitive and doesn't realize that her words can hurt someone. She's one of the people who if you were to ask if you looked ugly today she'd reply something akin to "...Yeah, haha xDDD. You're not looking good today!" No evil intent, but it's still rude. she needs to wake up i swear
May 8, 2015 11:18 AM

Nov 2014
Iroha is annoying as f
Hi there
May 8, 2015 11:19 AM
Jan 2011
supracseduch said:

I kinda understand the hate, but is she really the most annoying thing ever to you?

skudoops said:
That's how she is, at least that's what I gathered from the prior episodes. Even hachiman stated that he misread her in junior high and she is just like that with everyone. I mean despite that entire episode, she still talks to and acknowledges him.

~Dayone?

Despite everything, she still talks and interacts with Hachiman on her own accord. That's just how she is. She probably kept him company a couple of times in Junior High, and she continues to do so for every acquaintance she meets. Most recently, she sat by his side for random chit chat.

Back then, Hachiman misinterpreted her approaches as 'romantic interest' or something. Remember Hachiman's monologue on 'nice girls'? She's probably the so-called 'nice girl' archetype which Hachiman gradually learned to dislike.

She retains her (quite annoying) habit of talking down to him, and Hachiman just goes along with it. But it might have been the other way around back then: Kaori might have just played along with Hachiman's self-deprecation.

Regardless, if nothing else, she played a crucial role in Hachiman's development into the Hachiman we all like.

Sagami was a good representative of people acting hypocritically to the extent they fool even themselves (e.g. "i want to grow"). Orimoto is indeed different. I consider her hard to like, but still on the positive side of the spectrum, she is not a bad person.

I agree that she acknowledges Hachiman, and i think it goes both ways now. To create easygoing atmosphere is her style, sort of like Tobe being 'noisy. He was even calling Hikkigaya Nanitani-kun for laughs few episodes before, but you could notice his friends would then start using his own name in similar manner. And he played along. Similarly, Orimoto's 'mocking' does not bear any ill will. And it seems to me Hikkigaya accepts that and does not really mind, as shown at the end of this episode.

Fawkey said:
It's true, their relationship is not as fake as Hayama's group. But that doesn't necessarily mean that Yukino (or even Hachiman and Yui) think so.

All our main trio does is tiptoe around each other and not say anything. There is very little of their real will in how they behave and what they do. The way the club is, they may as well stop the charade.

As for Hayama's circle, i dont think it is superficial. Miura, Hayama, Ebina, Tobe and Yui all directly expressed how much they value their group. How can that be fake? They may not have 'deep' conversations, but they enjoy spending time with each other. I think the level of acceptance in Hayama's group is far above that in Hikkigaya's. Understanding isnt worth anything without acceptance.

To accept, under guise of conformity, that is Hayama Hayato's way. To persist, even if it alienates you, that is Hikigaya Hachiman's way (and also Yukonishita's). One can easily see which one seeks coexistence and which individuality.

Hikkigaya saying he was looking at them in search for an answer to his own group's problem should give a big hint here.
sspitMay 8, 2015 11:23 AM
May 8, 2015 11:23 AM

Jun 2013
the fuck was with those hand gestures man!!
May 8, 2015 11:23 AM
Aug 2013
Yuzuryn said:
Shaily said:

XDD

Haha, yeah. Yukino has her reasons for being all gloomy at the moment, but I think she's overdoing it a bit. Alas, she's still an edgy teenager so it's to be expected so I usually just ignore it. It'd help if she and Hikki communicated more yet they're both stubborn to a degree so r.i.p. x__x
Oh and they explained why Hikki had a crush on Orimoto in the anime but it was kind of brief. (More detailed ish in the LN)
But basically, you know Hikki's nice girl speech from Season 1? Orimoto is pretty much the nice girl he was talking about. They lure you in by talking to you constantly so it looks like that they're interested in you then you find out that they're not. You're hurt because you thought they were actually interested in YOU, but in reality they were just being nice. No real feelings. No real friendship. Superficial. (Whether their kindness is genuine depends on the person). I agree with you that she can be very annoying blEH. On a serious level, she's not a bad person. It's just that she's SUPER insensitive and doesn't realize that her words can hurt someone. She's one of the people who if you were to ask if you looked ugly today she'd reply something akin to "...Yeah, haha xDDD. You're not looking good today!" No evil intent, but it's still rude. she needs to wake up i swear

Yeah I haven't read the LN so I don't know Yukino's reasons but I'm sure it would be revealed. It's just that she's being a bit annoying than b4. I actually feel bad for Yukinon who always tries hard to lighten up the atmosphere but fails miserably.
Whatever it may be- that bitch gotta realize that she's being RUDE.
Also curious- how many volumes of Oregairu has published till now and till what extent the anime will adapt? I read ppl saying that this ep was from volume 9.
May 8, 2015 11:26 AM

Nov 2013
It's been a while since Oregairu resonated with me so much. These other student council people cook up the exact bullshit I see my fellow university students offer up at networking events and whatnot. I'm in exactly Hachiman's position, hating the dumbass jargon and all, yet forced to use it to enter the game.

I'm still kinda confused why the rift exists, can someone explain that to me properly?
May 8, 2015 11:31 AM

Apr 2015
Shaily said:

Yeah I haven't read the LN so I don't know Yukino's reasons but I'm sure it would be revealed. It's just that she's being a bit annoying than b4. I actually feel bad for Yukinon who always tries hard to lighten up the atmosphere but fails miserably.
Also curious- how many volumes of Oregairu has published till now and till what extent the anime will adapt? I read ppl saying that this ep was from volume 9.

MHM. Orimoto needs to get her shit together fast.
10 have been published! (If you don't count the extras such as 6.5 and 10.5 but those usually get put into OVAs) And 11 is coming soon. The anime may end on Volume 9 which has a really fitting end for a season. They may do Volume 10? I'm not too sure.
May 8, 2015 11:35 AM
Aug 2013
Yuzuryn said:
Shaily said:

10 have been published! (If you don't count the extras such as 6.5 and 10.5 but those usually get put into OVAs) And 11 is coming soon. The anime may end on Volume 9 which has a really fitting end for a season. They may do Volume 10? I'm not too sure.

Ok thanks :) Well, do you think the novel is close to the end or it will continue for a longer time?
May 8, 2015 11:39 AM

Nov 2013
gosh those hand gestures were like... idk i thought he was gonna pull a rabbit out of his ass or do some crazy sleight of hand.

cool ep, i love isshiki, she's such a great addition for 8man to hang with, they are so amusing together. the club scenes were absolutely agonising.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
May 8, 2015 11:44 AM
Aug 2013
Vexper said:
gosh those hand gestures were like... idk i thought he was gonna pull a rabbit out of his ass or do some crazy sleight of hand.

cool ep, i love isshiki, she's such a great addition for 8man to hang with, they are so amusing together. the club scenes were absolutely agonising.

Yeah, the club wasn't being the same anymore. Which is why it was refreshing to watch the interactions between 8man and Isshiki even though she was being irresponsibe (but that is understandable since she's a fresher)
May 8, 2015 11:45 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Shaily said:
Yuzuryn said:

Ok thanks :) Well, do you think the novel is close to the end or it will continue for a longer time?

Watari mentioned around volume 6 that he was around halfway through the story. Of course, considering the success, he could milk it a bit longer. But I believe we're a couple of volumes from the end.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 8, 2015 11:45 AM
Oct 2013
Vangis605 said:
PhantomViewer said:
-Why is Yui and Hachiman talking in class such a big deal?
-Why does no one just outright say what they feel rather than just sit there and try to figure out some retarded solution without actually dealing witht he problem? Honestly this is not how real life works. Most people I've have an issue with I tell them, and we either work it out or stop talking to each other.
-Why doesn't just someone tell the fucking handsy president that his plans are too big. Jesus christ this anime makes no sense.
-And why the fk is Yukinon so fking depressed? I dont understand her problem with her sister, her family, or her friends. She is filthy rich, smart, and beautiful. What else could she want? Sure her relationship with her family and sister is bad, but how does that justify her behavior?

Also why dod people even like this ishikki bitch? Honeslty she is the most annoying chaarcter out of all of them. She is cold and calculated and treats most people like tools, while having a "cute girl" persona. Honestly hate her character the most.

1- Hachiman doesn't have the best reputation, and frankly, it's just a fact that him and Yui don't talk much in class. She's over with Hayama's group normally.
2- They don't say how they feel because they don't clearly understand it themselves. Hachiman twice assumed what Yukino was thinking, and both times was wrong. Needless to say also, at least two of our main characters are socially awkward and overly self-conscious. The mystery behind the character true "face" and motives is interesting, along with their relationships.
3- The fact that you don't understand Yukino is good. Imagine how Hachiman and Yui feel? With some digging, we can come up with a good idea about why she's upset, but that would take forever to explain. Yukino is a deep character, but it doesn't transition as well in the anime as it does in the LN. She'll be labeled as a "bitch" by some, but I figure that those are the ones that don't care to try and understand her thinking. She probably has that reputation in their world too. Being rich and popular doesn't mean you'll be happy also.
4- Isshiki is certainly using Hachiman, but once again, she's not one dimensional like you assume.

If Hachiman had a super power, it would be seeing people beyond face value. You should probably try to do they same.

1. If you were to talk to a classmate for perhaps not even 5 minutes, why would anyone come up to you and ask why both of you are talking? How is having a short conversation, even considering the context, questionable?

2. Then why doesn't he ask her how she feels? Why don't they work it out if it's obvious that she is not happy. I thought they wanted nonsuperficial relationships, and addressing any issues within a relationship without pretending everything is alright is the obvious nonsuperficial thing to do.

3. I understand that she is upset that their group is fake, but why cant she say that? Why cant she just say that what she likes and what she dislikes? I thought she was supposed to be blunt and honest. Perhaps if she voices her concerns the group can work them out.

4. She may not be one demensional, but she is in fact using Hachiman and not defending her student council group. Whatever reasons she has, her intentions are bad, which makes her a bad person.

If hachiman is so "self aware" and can see through people masks then why doesnt he just call them out on their bullshit rather than try to find some way to edge around the issue. Like with that red ahired girl during the festival on the roof.
May 8, 2015 11:51 AM
Oct 2013
PhantomViewer said:
This anime is so dumb. I greatly enjoyed the first season but now everything seems to be so over blown. Why is Yui and Hachiman talking in class such a big deal? Why does no one just outright say what they feel rather than just sit there and try to figure out some retarded solution without actually dealing witht he problem? Honestly this is not how real life works. Most people I've have an issue with I tell them, and we either work it out or stop talking to each other. Why doesn't just someone tell the fucking handsy president that his plans are too big. Jesus christ this anime makes no sense. And why the fk is Yukinon so fking depressed? I dont understand her problem with her sister, her family, or her friends. She is filthy rich, smart, and beautiful. What else could she want? Sure her relationship with her family and sister is bad, but how does that justify her behavior?

Apart from what other posters said, you completely contradicted yourself in the bold part, but whatever.
What you say is the optimal way of working out relationships, however it's idealistic. Real life doesn't work that way. People will always have masks, they will always let things simmer, and not really talk to each other.
That's what this series ultimately addresses. That's the message it's trying to convey.

There are some relationships that can't be fixed, for example, Hachiman and orimoto. After her behavior would you really keep on talking to her? I would ignore everything she says, because that is a relationship that is obviously not wanted.
PhantomViewerMay 8, 2015 11:55 AM
May 8, 2015 11:55 AM

Jul 2014
i was wondering what the light novel meant when the other president would suddenly say some of his words in all caps.
(ex. "This is just a FLASH IDEA, but as a COUNTER to the suggestion earlier, I’m thinking it’d be better to expect the best SYNERGY effect from two schools forming a close relationship and their coordination instead, but what do you think?")

im not an expert on biological disorders, but maybe he has Tourettes syndrome? whatever the case may be, i still think he's annoying.

also, isshiki is frickin adorable. she's my favorite female character of the series, hands down.
May 8, 2015 11:58 AM
Oct 2013
Yuzuryn said:
PhantomViewer said:

The anime is dumb because it's realistic aka real life is dumb. I don't know what kind of life you lead, but I've met countless people who act like Yukino, etc and hide their feelings and what they really want to say. Gotta remember, man. Everyone's different. Some people don't let others know if they have problems with them for multiple reasons. 1. It may ruin the friendship and they want to keep it. 2. It may cause drama. and multiple others. Idk, maybe this anime isn't for you since Oregairu is pretty much a more realistic take on teenage angst and social relations. It's not exactly a good thing to do if you look at other people's problems from your own point of view. Example. Let's say A-ko has no social anxiety. Yet, B-ko does. A-ko can easily talk to others in person while B-ko struggles to do so. Wouldn't it be kind of mean if A-ko went to B-ko "Why can't you do this? It's SO easy! I can do it all the time." While it's easy for you, it's not easy for them. You're not in their shoes.

Yukinon is supposed to be blunt and honest. The fact that she isnt sharing her feelings is unlike her character. She especially dislikes superficial things, yet she continues to have a fake smile and pretends to be happy around Yui. I understand what your saying and it did change my mind about the anime a little bit.
May 8, 2015 11:59 AM

Mar 2015
Farabeuf said:
Shaily said:

Watari mentioned around volume 6 that he was around halfway through the story. Of course, considering the success, he could milk it a bit longer. But I believe we're a couple of volumes from the end.

One side of me wants Watari to milk the series just to get more of Oregairu. The other side of me wants Watari to stop inputting random story with a school theme in Oregairu just so that the story can go longer. If he wants to milk the series, he can go with introducing new characters and new problems, but then it's gonna be boring because it's going to be the same thing with Hachiman helping and observing.

May 8, 2015 12:07 PM
Aug 2013
Farabeuf said:
Shaily said:

I see. Thanks for informing. I don't read the LN so I'll be expecting a final S3 in the future to wrap things up. :D
May 8, 2015 12:40 PM

Jul 2012
That childhood friend of Hikigaya is very annoying. She keeps laughing, what is there to laugh about?
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
May 8, 2015 12:44 PM

Oct 2013
Iroha's slowly stealing the spotlight from Yui & Yukino this season. Hikki & her have some chemistry going on. Too bad that ship won't ever sail though :(
May 8, 2015 12:57 PM

Mar 2015
bjorno said:
That childhood friend of Hikigaya is very annoying. She keeps laughing, what is there to laugh about?

That Dayone girl is not exactly his childhood friend. More of a high school crush. That girl is very inconsiderate and unlike Hachiman, who observed his surrounding, that dayone girl just have the need to laugh at people. Especially bringing up the rejection that was years ago...

May 8, 2015 12:58 PM

Feb 2015
PhantomViewer said:

There are some relationships that can't be fixed, for example, Hachiman and orimoto. After her behavior would you really keep on talking to her? I would ignore everything she says, because that is a relationship that is obviously not wanted.

Sigh... that's a very shallow way of looking at relationships. What if there is an unavoidable person that you don't like, a colleague perhaps? Would you ignore them? Remember back in season 1 when Shizuka told them that they had to learn how to put up with people from other groups (episode 7)? You don't have to be friends, but you have to learn how to keep a cordial relationship with them.

PhantomViewer said:

1. If you were to talk to a classmate for perhaps not even 5 minutes, why would anyone come up to you and ask why both of you are talking? How is having a short conversation, even considering the context, questionable?

2. Then why doesn't he ask her how she feels? Why don't they work it out if it's obvious that she is not happy. I thought they wanted nonsuperficial relationships, and addressing any issues within a relationship without pretending everything is alright is the obvious nonsuperficial thing to do.

3. I understand that she is upset that their group is fake, but why cant she say that? Why cant she just say that what she likes and what she dislikes? I thought she was supposed to be blunt and honest. Perhaps if she voices her concerns the group can work them out.

4. She may not be one demensional, but she is in fact using Hachiman and not defending her student council group. Whatever reasons she has, her intentions are bad, which makes her a bad person.

If hachiman is so "self aware" and can see through people masks then why doesnt he just call them out on their bullshit rather than try to find some way to edge around the issue. Like with that red ahired girl during the festival on the roof.

1. Totsuka simply made an observation that he thought was strange. Why? Because he already knows that Hachiman and Yui are in a club and that they have a friendly relationship with each other in that club. The strange thing was that it was never shown in the classroom, with Yui opting to stay more with her group and almost never talk to Hachiman. Wouldn't it be strange if she suddenly did that, when she could have done that a lot of times before? So why now? That's why it was strange for him.

2. Because he is afraid of what will happen if he does that. What if they fall apart? Then if that single thread they are holding on will be cut loose. Maybe Hachiman is full of shit when he says he doesn't want superficial relationships. Maybe he needs them more than he thinks, since he went out of his way to try and save the club.

3. She has already made up her mind that their group is fake. Why should she bother with voicing her concerns if she already knows that it will be futile? Drama? No thank you.

4. She's just a teenage girl, she has no bad intentions, and she most certainly is not a bad person. She's a little irresponsible and also a manipulative person, but she only does that because she wants to be loved (Notice me, Hayama-senpai!). You might not like her, but that doesn't mean that she is a bad person.
May 8, 2015 12:59 PM

Mar 2015
MgMaster said:
Iroha's slowly stealing the spotlight from Yui & Yukino this season. Hikki & her have some chemistry going on. Too bad that ship won't ever sail though :(

Yeah somehow Iroha is getting more screen time, these arcs are focusing on her being the student council president. Somehow Yukino for a main character have a very less screen time than supporting character, she's just there with one or two lines and never appear again.

May 8, 2015 1:13 PM

Feb 2009
lol, that meeting was such a joke.
May 8, 2015 1:20 PM

Sep 2013
PhantomViewer said:

And this is why you don't have real friends.
Why even bother with other humans if you abandon them the second you have a fight.
May 8, 2015 1:37 PM
Feb 2015
Looks like hachiman has another task and it includes helping the student council. The president needs to do more work, she is too selfish and lazy...
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
May 8, 2015 1:38 PM

Dec 2014
Those hand gestures made me want to punch him in the face.

“There are two kinds of arrogance. One where you are unequal to the task and one where your dreams are too big. The former is commonplace stupidity... but the latter is a rare species that is difficult to find.”

May 8, 2015 1:39 PM
Jan 2011
PhantomViewer said:

1. Hikkigaya is loner and at the bottom of a social ladder. Understand that the dialogues we see Hikkigaya make in the anime are probably the majority of his conversation at school! He is the person who nobody would talk to even if he sat right in the middle of the room, this is in fact the case in the LN at some point. Hikkigaya eats outside of the class and his table is being used as a 'storage' for the peple around his desk, for the time of the break. He is a person who avoids all contact and puts up a mean demeanor to achieve it. He is cynical and nonconformist. There is absolutely no reason for anyone to want to talk with him. Associating with him also carries the risk of being looked down upon. The only people immune against this are other loners (Zaimokuza) or the ones at the top of the social ladder because their behavior dictates the policy. Its why idols get away with all kinds of stupid fads. Totsuka, Hayama or Yui are in the latter group. Even Yui doesnt talk to Hikkigaya in the classroom, except for few times. Ln describes how she creates elaborate 'excuses' when she goes talk to him, for example pretending to go fetch a bag from a locker and then stopping by his desk as if by accident.

Hikkigaya has no problem socializing in one-on-one situations, but in groups, where the societal norms kick in, he is automatically out. Classroom and parties are loner's worst enemy.

2 Nobody says anything, because it wouldnt solve anything, it would only make things worse. If anyone openly admits that there is a problem, any last reason to pretend that everything is okey will fall apart. Once that happens the club is over instantly. Take Hayama's group as an example. Everyone knows what happened with the confession thing. Everyone knows Tobi likes Ebina and that Ebina does not reciprocate and that he was about to confess anyway. Yet everything is allright. But the moment any one of them says it in the open its the end of it. Nobody will be able to break the awkwardness and pretending will not be a viable option anymore. Why? No idea, society works that way. Its like speeding. Everyone does it and everyone thinks it is okey, but everyone would deny it if asked.

Just because Hikkigaya and Yukinoshita can say whats on their mind sometimes, it doesnt mean the rules of society suddenly dont apply to them.
Yui cant say anything because she doesnt really know what the problem is.
Hikkigaya cant really say anything because he thinks Yukinoshita has a stick up her ass. Well she does, but he could still just tell her hey im here wanna talk about it? But could he really? No. Because that would automatically imply he thinks its Yukinoshita who has a problem, not him. He would set off some kind of inferiority complex alarm. You cant say to mentally sick person hey you are mentally sick and expect them to thank you and stop being mentally sick. Knowing her, all he can do is wait for her to come to terms with the situation on her own and wait for her to open herself.
Yukinoshita cant say anything, because she she sees the root of the problem as outside of her control. Hikkigaya repeatedly said he doesnt want to change. If she said anything without having a resolution, it would give Hikkigaya the reason to stop coming to the club and indirectly make her the one responsible for the club falling apart. There is nothing for her to do, not even complaining, so she just maintains the status quo and puts up an indifferent smile.

None of them want to take the blame if things got worse because they said something. Acting normal and waiting for the problem to resolve itself (time heals) is the only option.

"I understand that she is upset that their group is fake, but why cant she say that?" Because she already did give enough hints to Hikkigaya, who has done nothing about it and either ignored or refused her. His inactivity is practically the same as him telling her he wants nothing to do with her, even if this could not be further from the truth. Its similar to friends having an argument and forgetting the reason in the process. All they have to do is make up, but none of them wants to be the first. Both regret their behavior and want to make up, yet they dont do it. Why?!! The hell do i know, but this happens to smart people too!

"Why cant she just say that what she likes and what she dislikes?"
Dont compare talking about lifestyle and personality preference to talking about your favourite ice cream. I dont want to pretend i know you, but im almost sure you have never said to even your best friend that sometimes he/she irritates you with condescending laugh or that you were upset when he/she visited cinema with bunch of people and didnt call you. I bet he does not even remember anymore, yet you feel frustrated and agonize over it to this day.

"I thought she was supposed to be blunt and honest."
She is, if she is outside of the system she criticizes. But this is related to herself and shes lost. She can criticize people for feeling the wrong way, but she has no 'solution' to her own emotions. Do you think a psychiatrist would be able to cure himself with pep talk if he woke up crazy in the morning? Dont think so...

4 I dont like Isshiki and she is very inconsistent in my opinion, thus i dont want to judge her much. I do agree she is manipulative (but its pretty much an inserted stereotype (Irohasu scary, you are scary!)) and abusive towards Hikkigaya. The thing is that this is probably supposed to be an icebreaker to their 'relationship'. She needs help and he is the only person she knows. There are problems only people outside society can solve. So she ends up using him, but she is not supposed to come across as abusive, because supposedly Hikkigaya is getting a reward - relationship with her. I think this is supposed to be the case of her feelings for Hayato being misdirected feelings for Hikkigaya. Therefore we as viewers are supposed to 'ignore' the abusive aspects. It sort of like when nobody cares when your girfriend puts you through the pain, because her name is Senjougahara. I dont see threads about how abusive she is. Probably because the stereotypes and character traits are handled better than in Isshiki's case.
sspitMay 8, 2015 1:45 PM
May 8, 2015 1:50 PM

Feb 2014
People with 0 EQ and IQ < 100 shouldn't be watching this. Apparently they cannot understand a thing. Please, return to your favorite harem/ecchi series.
Between the adult world and the world of kids,

there, Holyland exists.
May 8, 2015 2:07 PM

Jan 2013
I just love chemistry between Isshiki and 8man, just fantastic. Also Yui and Hikki getting closer, jei!
May 8, 2015 2:10 PM

Apr 2014
Not a crap ton of drama. Decent episode.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 21, 2015

668 by muimaniac »»
May 14, 8:47 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2015

1002 by venbals »»
Mar 29, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2015

556 by venbals »»
Mar 29, 1:08 AM

» Help me understand the whole drama ( 1 2 )

GuidSMR - Apr 4, 2023

65 by NaughtySempai »»
Feb 26, 8:34 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2015

374 by Quirky_Capybara »»
Feb 8, 11:42 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.