Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 5, 2015 1:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So a reverse trap in the finale chapter? Lol what. This series makes no sense most of the time so it's more like a comedy commodity.

Good it's over now.
May 5, 2015 10:05 AM

Mar 2013
Amazing last chapter. Hilarious that you can tell so easily it was cancelled.

What can I say, I love myself some good old 80's fun. I don't think nonsensical is a bad word here because it's a gag manga, so I never expected more than that. That being said, the fact that Hibari was such a great character; progressive for its era, I'd even dare to say, made the whole experience even more enjoyable than I thought it'd be.

Also, it's Hisashi Eguchi we're talking about here. His art is by now a staple of 80's and 90's anime nostalgia and he doesn't disappoint here either. And considering this is his first series to get fully translated, it's pretty much a must read if you're interested on his career.
May 13, 2016 8:21 AM

Jun 2015
Shounen manga didn't die, rather Eguchi's willingly to be an active manga artist. No wonder this is his last long publication.
I happened to know of his illustrations beforehand, and reading the whole manga didn't disappoint at all. Really funny overall, and with great characters.
Nov 17, 2016 8:30 AM
Mar 2013
And you know what's surprising about this page

This shows that Hisashi has had enough of this then current state of shonen manga that he decides to quit by abruptly ending his series and focus more on his pop art though he makes few manga to Jump and focus on alternative manga with his own but short lived anthology manga magazine he created called Comic Cue.
johnknight648Nov 27, 2016 8:47 PM
May 16, 2020 7:30 AM
Jul 2018
Sad that the author seemed to have ended this abruptly. I would have liked to see Kousaku's feelings develop into somthing more then some confusions here and there. But who knows maybe that wasen't the author's plan anyway and it would have never been more then just Hibari endlessly chasing after Kousaku.

Regardless this was funny all the way through, and those semi colored/full colored pages were a treat aesthetically.
7/10
removed-userMay 16, 2020 7:55 AM
Feb 7, 2021 10:37 PM
Jul 2018
quite an abrupt ending but it was still pretty good imo. that new guy was quite cool too, woulda liked to see more of him. hibari was really cute in this chapter like always, i think im gonna miss her. overall i'd give this manga a 4-5/10, the comedy wasn't exactly my type but the art was nice and story and characters were good too; would've been nice if we got to see more developments with hibari and kousakus relationship though
Apr 4, 2021 6:40 PM
Jul 2018
It really sucks that it never ended with a proper conclusion. You can kind of feel this is all too sudden. I’m not much a comedy person myself but I really like the manga. This is an exception. Also beautiful art. Eguchi could’ve at least moved the whole Hibari and Kosaku relationship during the story itself instead of constant chasing and going nowhere.
Oct 10, 2022 12:07 AM
Apr 2016
It broke my heart that this manga ended so abruptly, I really liked the characters and I couldn't wait to see how the relationship between Kousaku & Hibari developed. It was such a fun ride, sometimes emotional, great relatable characters, especially Hibari, Kousaku, Tsubame, Shiina etc. I'm heartbroken.
Mar 21, 2023 1:45 PM

Apr 2016
Despite knowing this would have an abrupt ending, I still can't help but feel it snuck on me too quickly, even when seeing the chapter count. It's an absolute shame because I adore Hibari as a character. Despite the constant misgendering from her family, in her social life everyone just sees her for what she is, a beautiful badass girl. She's such a fun character, and honestly I think the series being from Kosaku's perspective helps that since we see her more mischievous and playful nature. If this was from Hibari's perspective it would not be a comedy.

Good read overall. Seeing trans characters like Hibari as a trans woman myself, especially from the time period this is from, is sick as fuck. And even outside of her, the manga achieves its goal of being a gag manga.
Jan 2, 2:12 AM
Dec 2015
It does make me sad that this manga ends so abruptly. Like I wish we could have had a thematic end to the relationship end between Hibari and Kousaku. As far as it goes, it makes me feel quite sad for Hibari, like she deserves better than Kousaku

More topics from this board

Poll: » Stop!! Hibari-kun! Chapter 45 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2015

1 by removed-user »»
Apr 4, 2021 7:05 PM

Poll: » Stop!! Hibari-kun! Chapter 49 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 28, 2015

1 by removed-user »»
Apr 4, 2021 6:45 PM

Poll: » Stop!! Hibari-kun! Chapter 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 1, 2015

1 by removed-user »»
May 14, 2020 2:07 PM

Poll: » Stop!! Hibari-kun! Chapter 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2014

2 by SIOPAOBUN »»
Jan 29, 2018 8:20 PM

Poll: » Stop!! Hibari-kun! Chapter 52 Discussion

Stark700 - May 5, 2015

0 by Stark700 »»
May 5, 2015 1:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.