Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 4, 2015 8:44 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Well shit, that turned dramatic not to mention the hard bitch slap right in the face~
May 4, 2015 9:00 PM

Jan 2011
That was the last chapter and it sure was an emotional one. I felt so bad for Akira. She thought about being harsher to burn a memory into Tetsuo's mind and she did exactly that not long after. Tetsuo giving Akira one last kiss and Akira slapped Tetsuo. Seeing Akira cry like that, ah my heart... Then we get to see that Tetsuo's final painting is of Akira. God dammit, I got them tears in my eyes. x_x
May 4, 2015 9:04 PM

Apr 2014
Not Satisfied with the ending AT ALL.
So what was the point of this manga?
I feel like there's no real conclusion to anything other than Akira and lamesuo's relationship.
Fuck you MC.

Give me Akira,I'll make her happy myself.

May 5, 2015 12:30 AM

Sep 2012
What a dick. Definitely one of my most hated characters all-time. Such a good woman spoiling him and he does that. I would never... Such a keeper Akira deserves happiness more than anything.
May 5, 2015 1:39 AM

Aug 2012
It felt like there is no conclusion.
May 5, 2015 1:40 AM

Sep 2014
WTF.

That MC deserve to get more than one slap in the face.
May 5, 2015 8:14 AM
Apr 2011
The biggest disappointment of the year (for now), so many good chapters and a sh!ty end.
May 5, 2015 9:24 AM

Jul 2013
Could have done this in 10 chapters and not drag it out to 35 pointless chapters. Yes "spoiled brat" is the character in a nutshell. Pointless, spoiled brat. Would have been better if he ended up dead in a ditch.

Pointless drivel. Pointless characters. Could have had something interesting but the author was unable to flesh out the characters so we're left with hollow characters being forced to act a certain way.
May 5, 2015 9:48 AM

Feb 2012
Fuck the mc, fuck the author and fuck you too japan.
May 5, 2015 2:06 PM
Jul 2018
Sad but appropriate ending
May 5, 2015 3:04 PM

Aug 2012
I am not sure how I feel right now! Manga was very good and the ending hmmm... I felt like there was still something missing. But I get it, I won't date artists, they are too complicated and childish.
May 5, 2015 6:10 PM
Jun 2013
The ending doesn't surprise me at all. Can't say I'm completely pleased, but I don't feel annoyed either.

You know, I really liked this manga, but as I think about it - it may have not been very good.
May 5, 2015 7:37 PM
Jul 2018
Vox_Populi said:
The ending doesn't surprise me at all. Can't say I'm completely pleased, but I don't feel annoyed either.

You know, I really liked this manga, but as I think about it - it may have not been very good.

i think it would've been better if it were longer and we saw a fully fleshed out story. One where the MC actually goes through some development. Unfortunately he grew up and his last ditch attempt was "too little, too late."

it was basically a story about a fling and its inevitable downfall. if you take it for what it is, it's still a solid story.
May 6, 2015 1:27 AM

Mar 2008
The end was a bit rushed in my opinion. But ok, it could have been worse. Overall I'm pleased with the series though the end could be better, for example Akira and the MC end up together. Poor Akira - she was the best character in this series >/////<

May 6, 2015 10:49 AM

Nov 2011
Overall i liked the manga but i expected this kind of ending for a long time.
May 8, 2015 8:54 AM
Jun 2013
loliterna said:
Vox_Populi said:

i think it would've been better if it were longer and we saw a fully fleshed out story. One where the MC actually goes through some development. Unfortunately he grew up and his last ditch attempt was "too little, too late."

it was basically a story about a fling and its inevitable downfall. if you take it for what it is, it's still a solid story.

Yeah, that's what I meant. His relationship doesn't really change him. I guess he learns to pursue what he wants more, like teaching art, but other than that, he's mostly the same. Throughout the entire thing, I felt the physical aspect of the relationship was more important to him than Tetsuo's company.

I suppose it's realistic in a way. It's hard for people to change and even when it does happen, it's not always life shifting.
May 14, 2015 9:45 PM

Mar 2013
Wow, despite being like this, I still liked the manga as a whole. The ending was pretty much expected by me and a lot of others. Akira doesn't deserve that kind of guy like Tetsuo and by the end,Tetsuo is still that stupid childish guy from chapter 1, only with little changes.

When Tetsuo gave Akira one last kiss because she told him to be the selfish man that he was till the end, god I was pretty sad. That bitch slap though, that he deserved but well, there are many people in real life like Tetsuo. Like, there are many people who are most excited by the sex rather than the actual relationship and I think that the only major mistake of Tetsuo is not breaking up with Akira earlier. He fell in love with another girl, jesus, what can he do about that? But he didn't break up with her because he still selfishly liked the sex, liked tne company, liked the warmth that Akira could give to him. Stupid prick! What he could have done is to spare Akira the shit that he made her go through.

At this time, I've already read the chapter 35.1 and I hate myself for finding it so fucking adorable.
Roronoa Zoro is love. Roronoa Zoro is life.
May 14, 2015 9:59 PM

Sep 2011
Fuck Tetsuo. He is a complete idiot. Akira deserves way better.
May 19, 2015 2:27 AM

Apr 2012
True. Akira deserves way better than him. A bittersweet ending tbh but the story telling up to that part was very good. Ending felt kinda rushed but nothing to be really shocked about just that it was too sudden. Wish this could have been more. And the extra chapters are cute.

But are the extra chapters, just truly extra chapters? or wasn't it some kind of "hint" that they actually got together in the end? Maybe Akira meant that it was better for them to be that way, and by that way meaning being selfish? Then again the end said that she always was satisfied with just watching him.

I am somehow in denial with the end hahaha

My forum picture is awesome. #sorrynotsorry (tumblr)

May 26, 2015 9:13 PM
May 2015
the ending was sad...I can't understand how the MC think, he's such a doche motherfking prick ...my poor akira she deserve better...
Jun 14, 2015 8:36 AM

May 2014
Actually a pretty good manga on its own. An expectable and legitimate ending to me. I truly hated the MC and loved Akira, but oh well - that's what the intention of the magaka was all the way, I think. Yeah, what a scumbag this Tetsuo, jesus. So overall a shaking 6/10 for me. Somehow I feel like I didn't get anything from this manga, sucks.

Btw the male MC's of Koi Kaze and Natsu no Zenjitsu are similar as fuck.
Jun 23, 2015 3:38 AM

Jan 2013
I knew it was coming but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Why couldn't we have a "people's hearts change" ending. that's equally realistic especially for this manga
Jun 29, 2015 3:59 AM

Nov 2010
My heart can't take this.

These sad endings fuck me up everytime *sniff*
Aug 6, 2015 2:52 AM
Aug 2015
KILL ME !
Oct 12, 2015 7:05 PM

Feb 2009
It is a slice of life, people, stop complaining. You get a life lesson by seeing how the manga is similar to real life... it makes you think about love, relationships, maturity etc. Really, I can't see what you guys were expecting? Tetsuo marrying Akira?!

Very interesting read. I kinda saw it coming with Hanami since the beginning... and I like how the author portrays Akira's reaction to the break up.

It is hard to fall in love, it is hard to end a neediness-based relationship, it is hard to grow up and mature...
Oct 18, 2015 6:06 AM

Feb 2013
The story ending is actually telling the most realistic path that will take if you give the same way to give in this kind of relationships, and whoever pass the 18 or 19 usually already know how it is usual stuff. Quite good portrayal indeed.
"Watch your back, shoot straight, conserve ammo, and never, EVER cut a deal with a dragon."
Nov 14, 2015 12:39 PM

Apr 2014
One of my favorite manga endings tbh.
"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

Jan 2, 2016 5:07 AM

Jul 2010
Weak MC with no great character development through the series. I think they still ended up together in their way :S
Realistic as fvck. 7/10
Jan 16, 2016 5:45 PM

Feb 2014
Psyren_Rose said:
Weak MC with no great character development through the series.
We don't need this retarded "development" formula for everything. As a matter of fact, throw it into the garbage, stories are more than that.
Feb 8, 2016 4:40 AM

Nov 2013
tetsuo kind of got what he deserved for not being vocal about himself but im still not okay with that ending. Akira was great.
Apr 10, 2016 2:41 PM

Jul 2012
I actually feel like this manga (perhaps unintentionally) offers a lot to think about. Anyone who has found themselves in this kind of situation will relate, whether it was Tetsuo's side or Akira's. You can't really blame it all on Tetsuo either. The most important thing is he decided to do the right thing and end it. Thank you for this, surfboard:
surfboard_ said:
Psyren_Rose said:
Weak MC with no great character development through the series.
We don't need this retarded "development" formula for everything. As a matter of fact, throw it into the garbage, stories are more than that.
Jun 7, 2016 9:38 PM
Jul 2015
Tetsuo is...
He is a f***ing scum
He is a dick
He is a shit
He is a fuck face
He is a dick head. ...
And you better not do it to me...you hear...
Is what my girlfriend told me.....and she was scary....and went to bedroom shut the door.....I was like....what just happened?
Jun 16, 2016 3:02 PM
Mar 2012
I hate Akira, so i'm happy that Tetsuo break up with her. I prefer Hanami, but she has Mori :/ For me the ending was ok, but i want Tetsuo and Hanami together from the first meeting
Sep 30, 2016 7:28 AM

Sep 2016
I don't know why japanese authors tend to make this kind of MC that you end up hating or feeling frustrated with. It was a very sad ending and one I really don't understand why it was rushed, I didn't liked it one bit.

From the start it was clear that Akira was really interested in Tetsuo and she made that first (but emotional) move. The MC was really immature but I think that over the time he was falling for her as well. She was always serious about their relationship that even once thought about marriage but she understood that maybe the age gap was a problem so she only wanted to love him until the very end even without making that compromise. Then she found out about Hanami but still was hoping for Tetsuo to go back to her all the time.

That's why it hurt me so much when Tetsuo started stalking Hanami. She was with his best friend but instead he ended up falling for her more which was really low by him.

I felt really disappointed with how it ended because how Akira resumed their relationship before braking up: he found comfort, company and love (sex) every time he felt lonely (and Akira didn't care), even though they looked like a real couple and he was falling for her before Hanami appeared. That's why it's sad how the author was building something unique, something so pleasant to read (that even if he hinted it was going to have drama) and then he destroyed it like a big tower of cards. You don't expect something like that when you put too much time and interest in it.

I don't still get the author's lesson for this, I thought maybe that showing that you can love anyone no matter the age difference are were a good message but, this wasn't the case sadly.

The art and the story building were excellent! 8/10

Sorry my poor english and the extent of my opinion.
Everything in life has limits, but when you reach that limit, you realize that you can go beyond!
Nov 14, 2016 6:41 AM

Jan 2014
all those long chapter and he didn't get to the conclusion..
it's better to pick one of them (Akira or Hanami), rather than straying between them.

5/10 because of no real conclusion in the end.
Dec 31, 2016 11:27 PM
Jul 2016
6168705617 said:
Honestly, for those who are angry with Tetsuo etc., I saw it coming after the first couple of chapters. Their relationship was never sustainable and I think that BOTH sides were selfish and were in denial to keep their relationship going for just that bit longer... I mean, come on, Akira knew herself that they were going nowhere.

It was clear as day that Tetsuo 'loved' Hanami. The really big moment for me, and arguably my favourite chapter, was when he first met Hanami. She was, for him, a concept or "inspiration" as he put it to continue to produce his artwork and she had that immortal, surreal aura (in his eyes). Once he met her in flesh and saw that she was simply just another girl he became confused and lost for that concept had faded away at that moment. I thought it was amazing how the mangaka depicted his reaction and aftermath in that chapter. Brilliant.

I think later he began falling for her as he got to know her over time, but when he says "love" could it possibly be the same "love" that he told Akira? If so, then it would probably not last for long.
I also think that Mori and Hanami aren't going to get too far either the way that they've been going, maybe the continuous break-ups that Mori experiences can be treated as foreshadowing? Maybe Hanami is interested in Tetsuo? Maybe she's just a friendly girl who behaves that way with everyone? (<-probably the case). Who knows? I don't think it;s that important to be honest.
One thing is for sure that he geuinely loves painting and his art. The mangaka made sure to express that message clearly to the readers.

The manga does an extremely good job at portraying Tetsuo's journey and internal struggle with himself and his future. I'm glad it ended the way it did and it certainly is very realistic unlike the majority of manga in the "romance" genre that end up with the "marriage and happily ever after" endings. For Tetsuo, his art came first above and beyond everything else for him. Romance is not everything in life. Just because he doesn't "end up" with a girl at the end of the story does not mean it doesn't have a conclusion. In fact, it would be silly to think that it would.

This story only shows approximately ONE YEAR OF THE LIFE of a university student in his last year and ends with him graduating. A lot of things could happen in his future and he will probably go through many other relationships in the future. This story only shows the protagonist's first love story. It's important to keep that in mind.

I'd give it 8/10.

Well the ending happened because it want to follow-up with the sequel story

The sequel called Mizu no Iro Gin no Tsuki

In that story, as you predicted, Mori and Hanami was breaking-up

reason ? Mori was a playboy, he still friends with Hanami and Tetsuo. He just kinda a guy who "playing" around, Hanami then break up with him because she know it won't work, and Mori just say "ok, i am sorry" then as nothing happens, treat Hanami normally as friend, kinda amazing lol.

In the end Tetsuo and Hanami become couple and even Mori support him and teases both of them. Tetsuo then draw the picture of Hanami and happy end for them.

Btw Mizu no Iro Gin no Tsuki was an old work in 2006, and Akira never mentioned there because she was a new character the author made in what we know now......so if you say why the art was really bad compared to the story you read until know, it was because the sequel created in 2006 while the prequel was on 2008.

The ending was expected though if you read Mizu no Iro Gin no Tsuki first.
Mar 23, 2017 9:11 PM
Jun 2013
While I do hate spoiling myself, this manga reminded me why I one time developed the habit of peeking at the end, of a manga, before reading it because of how I hate getting disappointed.

Akira is my ideal woman, way too angry with how things ended, I hope there is another story with Akira and a more reliable young lad.
Nov 16, 2017 9:42 AM
Aug 2016
After reading this manga, I realised that I was angry with my ex (I never realised that I was mad at him! Haha).

That was the impact that this manga gave me. It was so strong. I guess his is how Josei works. It presents reality as raw and without bias. We felt connected to it because it stirs different kinds of emotions inside of us.

All because at some point on our life, we have witnessed and have felt their pain in real life.
Jan 15, 2018 12:07 PM
Jun 2013
Just finished this series. And for the last chapter. Fuck you MC, Fuck you too author
Apr 29, 2018 2:13 PM
Feb 2018
Great manga but shit ending
Apr 22, 2019 3:45 PM

May 2010
A bitter, but a realistic ending. Dont' know what you people are complaining about. Not everything ends happily. Only thing I didn't understand was Tetsuo's father introduction. Who cares?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
May 27, 2019 7:46 AM
Nov 2018
I dun care if he fell in love with Hanami. I sincerely hope they don’t get together. Let him be distressed and pine for her. He deserve it! I had hoped it was some infatuation only, not love. Seriously immature. And that Hanami, maybe she doesn’t realize or it was indeed on purpose. She gave ambiguous replies when asked about what she felt for Mori and flirted with Tetsuo. Bitc*!
Aug 25, 2019 8:38 PM
Jul 2018
Its been awhile I red this and initially I disliked the ending but overtime I felt the story ended fitting way. I just think the story could had been bit longer.
removed-userAug 23, 2020 10:24 AM
May 14, 2020 6:08 AM
Jun 2016
I'm writing this review almost a year(or maybe more?) after reading the manga. And up to now, I still feel so bad for Akira and Tetsuo is shite really. In any case, I felt the ending was appropriate though, I mean literally Tetsuo was like a parasite living off of Akira and I felt he had to mature more. Be on level with Akira you know so that they can be happy and have a healthy relationship. But we never see that happening on Koi Kaze tho or in any other works of the author. So I guess I'll just let that happen in my mind. Somewhere in the future, Tetsuo meets Akira again. Falls in love with her and Akira gives him some hard dramatic time and they fall back together. Tetsuo has to have a really hard time before tho. like really hardtime.
Jun 5, 2020 3:06 PM

Sep 2015
The series was really good and I’m even okay with the idea of the ending. I wouldn’t have gone for it, but it makes sense considering the MC’s conflicted character. However, the ending is done poorly. You see the explosion happen, but you don’t get to see where the shrapnel lands. There is no resolution. Such a shame.
H
Dec 22, 2020 12:07 PM

Aug 2019
Okay, the ending was VERY unsatisfying but i think was appropriate. Still, I WANT AKIRA TO BE HAPPY!
ar1shJan 20, 2021 12:19 PM
May 5, 2021 4:09 AM

Jan 2015
The story was good. It was written well. That's all I gotta say. It showed the difficulties of maintaining a relationship founded by the sacrifice of one party. But just cause it was written didn't make it a single bit enjoyable. Akira sacrificed herself for the whole series. If this was solely focused on Aoki, the ending would've been acceptable, but there were two main protagonists here. Akira was totally used as a fodder for Aoki to find where his dick and heart were. The only resolution that she got was that Aoki fucked her while thinking of some other chick?
Understandable, have a nice day cunt.
Your life to come is bound to make you smile
Jun 14, 2021 11:08 PM
Mar 2021
I think most people are missing the point. Yes, mc is a huge dick and it’s not your typical happy ending; but, he fell in love with the other girl first but never found the chance to get close to her before Akira did. His infatuation with this other girl allowed him to paint something he could have never done before - a person’s face. He was in love with the other girl but what he really wanted to do was capture Akira in a painting.
Apr 27, 2022 9:54 AM
Apr 2022
In my opinion, I didn't feel like the manga was about love at all, I felt as if at the end it showed that he can only paint people who are sad, or who make him extremely depressed, just like himself. We went along his journey of his own pain and the pain he caused others, and at the end he realized his own wrongdoings, I do not agree that the ending was meaningless, the proof was his smile at the end. Although Akira was saddened at the end, she already knew about Hanami, she knew it was going to happen and didn't try to stop it at all.
Aug 2, 2022 12:09 AM

Aug 2011
LotteNoFits said:
I actually feel like this manga (perhaps unintentionally) offers a lot to think about. Anyone who has found themselves in this kind of situation will relate, whether it was Tetsuo's side or Akira's. You can't really blame it all on Tetsuo either. The most important thing is he decided to do the right thing and end it.

I was Tetsuo. Don't try the other option. The mangaka and Akira knew, it's just doomed at that point. It always was, but the dumb kid was always too in his own troubles to sort it out. And Akira just wanted it to vaguely go on forever, living in the dream as long as she could. I really related to this. At points, my own thoughts like listing out why exactly I was with this woman and arriving at a very guilty realization kind of haunts me. The writer must have been through this. Somehow, or maybe just has read a lot herself haha. I really enjoyed this one, even if I hated it. I feel like the rating system just doesn't fit it. I feel like I need to scream it somewhere, even years later its release.
cokemonsterAug 2, 2022 12:15 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Natsu no Zenjitsu Chapter 35.1 / 35.2 Discussion

Moecalypse - Sep 22, 2017

1 by SabreDrago »»
Dec 16, 2022 3:35 PM

Poll: » Natsu no Zenjitsu Chapter 25 Discussion

SabreDrago - Dec 16, 2022

0 by SabreDrago »»
Dec 16, 2022 2:09 PM

Poll: » Natsu no Zenjitsu Chapter 26 Discussion

Faust721 - Apr 30, 2014

13 by Confucius »»
Apr 22, 2019 1:35 AM

» which one should I read first?

Andrez-ssi - Jul 15, 2016

0 by Andrez-ssi »»
Jul 15, 2016 1:43 AM

Poll: » Natsu no Zenjitsu Chapter 34 Discussion

Misiakk - Mar 31, 2015

9 by Hannah_Ana »»
Nov 10, 2015 8:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.