Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 1, 2015 5:24 PM
Mar 2012
THIS IS A NOVEL ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS VOLUME.

JAPTEM CHAPTER COUNT: VOLUME 1 CHAPTER 0 - VOLUME 3 CHAPTER 6

----------------------------------------
An excellent first volume, that alone brought this series to be one of my top favorite novels of all time. Hajime's class gets transported to a fantasy world, and unluckily for Hajime, he gets the weakest class as a Synergist. "Unfortunately," he gets betrayed by a fellow classmate due to his jealousy of Hajime being close to Kaori and was left for dead at the bottom of the Abyss. From there, he struggles to survive, and becomes one pretty fcking OP badass. He saves Yue and damn, she's perfect. I really love their intimate scenes together, and with that, the volume ends with them conquering the first dungeon.
-Karoshi-May 4, 2015 8:18 PM
Jun 4, 2015 9:10 PM

May 2014
Crackin355 said:
Eh, it was okay/bad. The first dozen or so chapters were bad and I contemplated dropping it there but things seemed to improve a bit once Yue was added into the mix. I can't say the characters were good but I'm glad Hajime stopped his 'kill and devour' shtick because I hated it. If you told me the characters were 12 or 13 years old then I'd understand but these are supposed to be 17-18 year olds, nearly adults.

Overall, I didn't like the first volume and I don't think I'll continue it. I don't see it getting any better to be honest. I kind of feel bad for shittin on your favourite web novel but I just can't see the good in it.

Your argument is pretty 12-13 year old-'ish.....haha that's for me to say..
..but I get that your thoughts about the Kha'zix like 'eat and devRAWR', which is disgusting on first glance, that made him a monster(OP)..
This sudden approach to a reader who reads good marale-'ish protagonists and characters will find this disturbing like POV of a villain..
As for me I've been discovering some few RPG theme and this is just one of the few that had new gimmick in it...
(its just that too much stats and grinding...Hajime's brute character will be my bread & butter in the story)
Jun 8, 2015 4:20 PM

Aug 2013
I really hope the author will do many significant changes in the LN. The web novel is so damn awful.
Jul 18, 2015 10:43 PM

Jan 2015
I have to say the plot reminded me a lot of Suterareta Yuusha no Eiyuutan, but this main character seems like he's going to take forever to get his revenge. The MC in Suterareta just went for it. Anyway, MC = OP. Please don't nerf.
Sep 12, 2015 7:30 PM

Sep 2015
This MC is kinda cool :)
Oct 28, 2015 8:07 AM

Apr 2014
This is fucking amazing.
Its been a long time since I felt compelled to keep on reading by my own volition not because its on my Backlog and I had to finish it even if I have to struggle reading it.

Hajime's growth was awesome although it felt like there's some kinks here and there that doesn't fully justify that change of character but overall I'm satisfied.
Also I would have honestly want Hajime to stayed edgy and not Meet Yue, I was honestly enjoying his progression throughout the dungeon with his own power.(Well and the God Stone)
Not that Yue is bad, Its fine. Just a matter of preference. <Would have helped if she wasn't a loli.

Anyway I'm still in Volume 3 and I should keep on reading.
Hope it stays generally good.

Oh and lastly.
The illustration isn't how I imagined it.Had more of a dark style in imagination.
Sort of the same vibes as Overlord's LN Illustrations

Apr 27, 5:24 AM
Aug 2023
This is really horror, unlike anime where the quality is very low, they also cut a lot of content in the novel. This story really tells how Hajime as a person and the events in the abyss changed him. he truly understands that he must change to survive in this new world and return to his beloved family.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Volume 2 Discussion

BlackFIFA19 - Feb 12, 2018

8 by -DxP- »»
Apr 23, 1:29 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Volume 1 Discussion

BlackFIFA19 - Feb 12, 2018

4 by -DxP- »»
Apr 20, 3:19 PM

» After Story?

RealityChanges - Mar 10

3 by Franklr_D »»
Mar 13, 6:33 AM

» Why is there no harem tag?

ariel_nugie - Feb 15

1 by Crusader_Requiem »»
Feb 17, 8:49 PM

» Can I Find Volume 13 Summary Anywhere?

Hejtero - Nov 24, 2023

2 by Alexioos95 »»
Nov 25, 2023 12:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.