Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Apr 26, 2015 6:10 PM

Jan 2011
Goddammit, there's always a loli vampire.
Apr 26, 2015 6:22 PM

Oct 2011
the character development in this show is just wow. i absolutely adore this show to bits. so much feels.
Apr 26, 2015 6:51 PM

Dec 2014
Pretty good episode, I liked the establishment of the vampire civilization and their opinions towards the humans. Makes me think things aren't quite as black and white as they seem. Obviously vampires are dicks, but that could just be natural supremacy shining through. Humans think themselves above cattle, just the same thing.

Disappointed by the character relations between Yuu x everyone else. Not necessarily a problem with the characters themselves, but rather how they are being forced to interact with one another. It just feels a bit annoying when the dialogue is all insults and disgruntled arguments.
Apr 26, 2015 7:17 PM

Feb 2014
hi-d-us said:
Noodle070 said:
Okay ep but it still wasn't anything special. The show still isn't getting better.

*clap clap* Fantastic introduction to your classmates, Yuu-kun. "I'm not gonna be your friend because I'm better than all of you and I'll obviously get the best equipment." Arrogance readings off the charts.

Oh my gosh thank GOODNESS they went to see glasses-guys's sister in the hospital, (despite the resistance). "I'm not gonna see my sister even though she's probably dying because I need to do well in this exam in order to save her!" The amount of stupidity in his thinking before Yuu punched him was inconceivable.

Also predictable anime is predictable: obviously neither of them are going to get bad scores because they agreed to go see that dude's sister because being with her was ultimately the more important issue at hand. If that's not gonna be the reason as to why they will both advance in their training I can't wait to see what's actually gonna happen.

Actually no,

Nice try predicting things though.

Okay thanks
Alas, I was wrong, and this series isn't as predictable as I thought.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 26, 2015 7:22 PM

Jan 2014
Pretty good episode. The classroom scene wasn't as funny as in the manga.
Once again, Yoichi, getting gayer and gayer every episode. (The hell, WIT)

Best Boy Mikaela has arrived! Now, time for the community to choose between 'sentimental teenage vampire issues' or 'ultra-generic shounen MC ranting'.

Krul being as equally attractive as in the manga. (100/10 for this, WIT)

Series is getting pretty good feedback Watch the ratings go down once Mitsuba makes her debut
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 26, 2015 8:43 PM

Apr 2015
Kenjataimu said:
I never understood why people think it's necessary to "be there" for your family when they're in the hospital. There's nothing beneficial you can do by being there, you'll just be in the doctors way and potentially bring contaminants into their room.

I have that opinion too. The only reason would be if they happened to regain consciousness at some point, but if they're getting worse that's unlikely.
Apr 26, 2015 8:46 PM

Feb 2015
So that tall bully guy is a Jean rip-off... alright.

The loli vampire queen will most likely be an Esdeath-level crappy villain.

And it was stupid how they showed what's-his-face was forced to become a vampire, to keep him looking "good." So much fail in this show.

2/5
Apr 26, 2015 8:50 PM

Mar 2013
TheRefractingOne said:

wut

how are they even remotely similar
Apr 26, 2015 8:51 PM

Apr 2015
They haven't yet said if becoming a vampire makes you evil (like it would in Buffy).

But if Mika isn't loyal to the other vampires, they probably wouldn't let him walk around freely, especially since he's supposed to be special or something.
Apr 26, 2015 8:53 PM

May 2010
It's like they aren't even trying to hide the obvious. So predictable...
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Apr 26, 2015 10:40 PM

Jun 2013
Seeing a cute loli vampire as the queen and commander just doesn't seem fitting. I'm sure I'll take that statement back in a few episodes. Definitely hope to see more of her though.

Shinoa taking Yoichi away from Yu was hilarious XD.
Apr 26, 2015 10:44 PM

Aug 2014
Looks like a bromance in the making. inb4 red hair guy dies.
Apr 26, 2015 10:52 PM

Aug 2010
I watch this for Shinoa
Apr 26, 2015 10:54 PM

Jul 2013
Confucius said:
It's like they aren't even trying to hide the obvious. So predictable...

I laughed. Good one, sir. So... why should they?

Apr 26, 2015 11:48 PM

Dec 2014
Yuu is getting on my nerves. I like the new guy better already. Actually, I like all the main characters other than him so far.

Mika <3

I really like the vampire queen, but her seiyuu's voice acting was off. It was bothering me.

Can't wait for the next episode c:
Apr 27, 2015 12:01 AM

May 2012
Vampire queen looks so cute. She has beautiful legs

Another good episode

fst said:
TheRefractingOne said:

wut

how are they even remotely similar

+1

I do not see any similarity between the two.
Apr 27, 2015 12:12 AM

Jan 2011
NewAgeOtaku15 said:
Is it just me, or does Shinoa and Yoichi look cute together?

Given the art, she will look cute with anyone really :D
Apr 27, 2015 1:27 AM

Jun 2013
so Mika is alive but of course i mean it'n not like the fisrst time this thing ever happened the childhood friend turned evil is still alive and Hiragi is such a fucking troll lol
Apr 27, 2015 2:43 AM

Feb 2011
MagicalMahou said:
Series is getting pretty good feedback
lol, that will be an hard hit xD

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Apr 27, 2015 2:54 AM

Oct 2008
The pacing of this episode is boring...
Shinoa has such a sadistic tease!
Tepes VA suits her very much! (also the same VA for Tepes Mina in Dance in the Vampire Bund)
3/5.

Apr 27, 2015 6:11 AM

Apr 2011
so much hate for this anime... well I ACTUALLY LIKE THIS EPISODE (wow)
so you're like meh mainstream because loli vampire queen? well SHES SHOWN IN THE OP IN EP2 I BET YOU'RE JUST WAITING FOR HER TO APPEAR
so snk rip off? I THINK NOT, I DON'T EVEN GET THE SAME VIBE
so protagonist is annoying? 90% OF PROTAGONIST ARE AND THEY ALWAYS GET BETTER(character development duh)
so ewww bromance? NAKAMA POWER GOSH

sobs i love this episode ;_;
Apr 27, 2015 8:51 AM
Oct 2013
I am rather excited to know more about the origin of the power fused with the weapons!
Apr 27, 2015 9:23 AM

Dec 2007
I'm enjoying this show so far, predictable or not. It's hard to come by a completely original storyline when there are so many anime out there and it's no surprise they resemble one another. I personally try not to judge it so harshly until the last episode.
That being said, I can't wait to see them make a contract with a demon and get their weapons!
Apr 27, 2015 10:19 AM

Jan 2015
I get the feeling that this is either everyone's favourite or absolute hate series for this season. I'm still on the fence, but it's tending towards the lower end of the spectrum.
So far, there are no incredibly interesting characters (although now Loli Queen [Tepes - sounds like enchilada sauce] has made her appearance, so nice going there!) or plot twists. This episode helps the story along with the secret of Loli Queen (... I'm guessing she wants to be human? Or something weird like that) and the promise of actual battle scenes!
Wait until next week to make a more final decision.

3/5

Apr 27, 2015 12:28 PM
Apr 27, 2015 3:44 PM

Feb 2015
MC is so annoying!!!!!
But I'll give it a try just because of Mika.
Apr 27, 2015 4:06 PM

Aug 2012
Eletrophonic said:
MC is so annoying!!!!!
But I'll give it a try just because of Mika.
Yuu > Mika
Apr 27, 2015 4:57 PM

Apr 2015
Honestly Shinoa is the most interesting character so far.
Apr 27, 2015 5:40 PM

Oct 2013
Honestly, this series is a bore!! For the 4Th time in a row, I'm waiting for this series to get better.
Apr 27, 2015 6:05 PM

Feb 2013
KuroYaksha said:
It was a "meh" episode. At least it wasn't bad like the others. I still have some complaints though..

The Vampire Queen being a loli is just, ugh.. Seriously, when you think of Vampire Queens you think of someone scary and badass looking, not a damn loli. Terrible character design.

Yu still being an ignorant asshole, no shocker there.. Yu, the wimpy kid, and the Vampire Queen are the only characters I truly dislike so far. Everyone else is okay, but only one character is GREAT.. Guren! That guy is such a badass. I also find it funny that the guy with the glasses got more character development in this episode than Yu did in the whole entire series so far. That's very sad.

Now my biggest complaint... FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. Why didn't they just make Yu a girl? I'm not homophobic, but the bromance (Especially in the opening) with Mika is cringe worthy. Yu being a female would at least make things less weird and lame.

You're a homophobe. I love Yuu and Mika's relationship. It's so cute. As a gay man I love that there's a more male cast than female cast.
If you want to watch an anime with more girls, go look for something else. Like the millions of other anime out there that literally only have girls in them.
Apr 27, 2015 7:49 PM

Mar 2015
this show is doing nice but sadly i can't bring myself to rly enjoy it. maybe i'm tired of this kind of shounen setting? it's really a pity, i used to like it )^: sighs

will continue to watch tho. pls let mika be happy altho i don't think that's hapenning so soon lmao
Apr 28, 2015 12:38 AM
Oct 2010
Oh I forgot but I suppose the MC has a special power and it has something to do with that mark on his face right?

Also when will we see some actual battles in this? I assume in episode 6 or 7? From the OP there seems to be another character that has to be shown and the three dudes have to get their weapons (which I assume will be one or two episodes).
Apr 28, 2015 3:29 AM

Jul 2013
skudoops said:
Oh I forgot but I suppose the MC has a special power and it has something to do with that mark on his face right?

Also when will we see some actual battles in this? I assume in episode 6 or 7? From the OP there seems to be another character that has to be shown and the three dudes have to get their weapons (which I assume will be one or two episodes).

In this episode, Krul mentioned seraphs so it applies to all of the children at Hyakuya orphanage, not just Yuu alone.

Based on the title in the preview, they'll get their weapons in the next episode. Another character will be introduced in ep 6 and we'll probably get some fights in the same episode.

Apr 28, 2015 5:54 AM

Dec 2009
Liked it.
Mikaela don't be sad, you're gonna break my heart. </3 Oh, Guren's still cool!
Apr 28, 2015 8:48 AM

Dec 2013
For a second-tier studio with a limited budget, I think they're doing the best they can already. Personally I think with all the limitations that they have, they're still doing a great job in getting their story across. Still, even as an advocate for this show, I guess there are things that even I am finding hard to accept.

First off, Shihou was portrayed in the manga as being in an impatient rush to acquire his demon weapon to join the Moon Demon Squad in order to save his sister, even at the expense of ignoring his sister. He managed to lose the true meaning for his actions somewhere along the line, as evidenced by his talk during the practice match, but had some sense beaten into him by Yuu, who values family over all else (notice his disdain for friends? It's a complete 180 when it comes to family). It wasn't shown here, but Shihou actually had the blessing of his sister to focus on his entrance exam, so much so that he ended up forgetting the purpose he was trying so hard, so urgently, for.

Even with the scene of him barging into Guren's room, I think they portrayed the urgency and Shihou's one-track mindedness pretty poorly. You really couldn't sense the tension in the room, which should have been apparent because of the difficult choice he had to make. Instead the adaptation made it feel like he thought his sister was troublesome (and not on the verge of death) and hence was being a brat about it when refusing to see her.

And because of the above, I think they didn't do as good a job to show Yuu's conviction about familial ties being above all else all that well. Poor adaptation makes for bad representation to the audience. Still, thought I'd just throw it out there to explain his character a bit better. Yuu's character has a relatively weak concept of "friends", but an excessively strong conviction about "family" (*hint**hint*, You'll see where I'm going with this in the coming few episodes), so he wasn't really trying to be a bad-ass in the class on purpose by stating that he doesn't need friends or that he doesn't have any friends. He genuinely has no concept of "friends", since all he's ever known for people close to him was "family".

To be honest, even as an avid fan of the work, I'm disappointed that the character development didn't really get across. I'm hoping to god that they will do the incoming "Bromance development" justice....

Mikaela, on the other hand, really is a bit special. He was force-turned into a vampire by the Queen Loli-Progenitor herself. That in itself is a rare occurrence, considering most other vampires were created by the whims of Noble Vampires. In that sense, he's kind of like some slave-turned "illegitimate Prince" character.

They also skipped the scene entirely (I seriously don't know why the fuck that happened), but Mikaela is kind of a..... "Vegetarian" vampire...... he doesn't feed on "livestock", and requires Krul to supplement for him to keep him alive. Remember, at this point in time, he has no idea whether or not Yuu is alive or not. He hates/dreads his current existence, and going Veg is pretty much his way of defying Krul (who is pretty much forced to keep him alive because of his "status"), and being passive-aggressive about ending his own life. No, he has not been brainwashed either. He retains his own personality, but his evolution into a vampire did change his perspective somewhat.
At this point in time in the manga, however, I don't recall him being aware of his own er.... "position" as a Seraph of the End.

I'd talk more about the Vampire hierarchy, but that would give away too much spoilers.... Will just say that Ferid is still an opportunistic bastard who will go against even his own Princess if it is beneficial to him.... but I'll digress for now.

Shinoa is ever the best girl. She loves to meddle, to joke around, and to purely tease Yuu at every turn. Still, her whimsical ways will melt away as soon as the rest of her family shows up (something I look forward to seeing).

Next episode is gonna be great in terms of pace and development, because once they contract their "Black Series" Oni-Bukis, they're gonna be pretty much thrown into the thick of things.

The pacing is perfect for developing the world, though the artists really need to learn to draw tension and drama a bit better.

This show is still going strong for me. And you really cannot hate SawanoHiroyuki's OP and ED.
Pure Atmospheric genius!
HESTIAAPPROVES
Apr 28, 2015 9:22 AM

Jul 2013
L-Ryoshi said:

I took a quick look at chapter 4 and 5 that they adapted in this episode and they didn't really skip anything aside from rearranging the events and some scenes which I think will be covered in the next episode. There's no scene of Shihou and his sister and about Mika being a "vegetarian" in these two chapters. Even the last scene in the ep is the same as the manga so it's uncertain whether Mika's aware of being a seraph at this point in both manga and anime. Been a long time since I read the chapters but I'm pretty sure the scenes you're talking about are in later chapters. I pretty much agree with all you've said above too.

Apr 28, 2015 11:38 AM

Aug 2014
Guren is absolutely my favorite character so far<3
OMFG!!! Mika has Kensho Ono's voice *dies*
Apr 28, 2015 2:04 PM

Apr 2014
Surprisingly aside from Mikaela, I'm starting to develop a strong dislike for the rest of the cast in this series (Especially the male ones). I don't know if I didn't pay attention these past episodes but did they ever explain what these "four horsemen of john" are or why aren't the people above the age of 13 infected by the virus not dying?
Apr 28, 2015 2:46 PM

Mar 2013
MC seems to be a bit boring and cliche.
Apr 28, 2015 2:47 PM

Sep 2013
Man, that MC really makes it hard to like this show. I'd be long gone without Shinoa and her scythe.
Apr 29, 2015 4:02 AM

May 2010
Gotta love Shinoa's grin. Dat "...seriously?" lol.

"I'll be the one evaluating me." Reminded me of Aomine.
Apr 29, 2015 5:51 AM

Aug 2012
LOL that fab kick

Apr 29, 2015 6:07 AM

Jan 2014
Awesome!! Not sure what those seraphs are or what Seraph of the End is, but yay some more plot devices :D
Apr 29, 2015 10:14 AM
Apr 2015
The eps was good. I LOVE SERAPH OF THE END!!!!!!!!!!

Also m8.... I am new.... And my name ain't K8.
My reality is your genjutsu.
Apr 29, 2015 10:45 AM
Oct 2010
Ctsu said:
did I miss where they explained why his sister couldn't be treated for the virus?
>human population was decimated
>weird virus is going around
>military is keeping some(or all?) treatments off limits to civilians
military = evil?

or is it about the costs?
if so then holy shit that's retarded.

I suppose it's a matter of limited supplies, but the anime doesn't portray that properly at all.
Apr 30, 2015 7:02 AM

Oct 2013
OMG Guren is the best haha & MIKAAAAAAA ;^;
Apr 30, 2015 1:39 PM

May 2012
Just wanna asked based on the preview if we will get again a 2 chapter-1 episode?

I am referring to manga readers... not sure myself ^_^
It's not a matter of talent. It's a matter of will
Apr 30, 2015 9:41 PM

Jul 2013
zilch16 said:
Just wanna asked based on the preview if we will get again a 2 chapter-1 episode?

Probably will adapt the whole 2 chapters but there's a chance that they might be re-arranging stuffs again like this episode. There's also some scenes left from the chapters covered in this episode so it's a bit hard to say but it certainly will cover more than just 1 chapter.

Apr 30, 2015 10:11 PM

May 2012
EasyGo-er said:
zilch16 said:

Probably will adapt the whole 2 chapters but there's a chance that they might be re-arranging stuffs again like this episode. There's also some scenes left from the chapters covered in this episode so it's a bit hard to say but it certainly will cover more than just 1 chapter.

Oh! Thanks! I really did get confused since they showed

It's not a matter of talent. It's a matter of will
Apr 30, 2015 11:14 PM

Jul 2013
zilch16 said:
EasyGo-er said:

Oh! Thanks! I really did get confused since they showed

Actually, the scene with Shinya is in chapter 5. It's shown just right after the vampires scene at the end of this episode.

Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

» Will this come to crunchyroll soon?

Rockyjams909 - Apr 5

7 by _Blossom18_ »»
Apr 5, 4:03 PM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2015

599 by voshi »»
Mar 24, 9:29 AM

» Is it a good idea to watch this show? ( 1 2 )

boyswhatup - May 30, 2023

50 by RulyKinkajou59 »»
Mar 10, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Who should Yuno marry?

Lost_Hearts - Dec 17, 2023

6 by NaLu4lifee »»
Jan 17, 11:52 AM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

402 by Lena321 »»
Dec 17, 2023 11:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.