Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 13, 2015 11:12 PM

Jul 2008
To begin with I'll say that I've watched both seasons back when they were airing.

I know how the character routes end, I know the 'truth of the world' so I can't see the VN surprising me about important plot points. I don't see how the VN will be able to keep me to read more especially since I heard it is an extremely long read.

Despite all of this is it worth to read the VN? Will I get an otherworldly experience compared to the anime? I know it wasn't the most faithful adaptation in the world but are the changes worth going through everything else that was similar?

I'd like the opinion of as many different people as possible before I decided whether I'm going to read it or not.
Apr 14, 2015 2:31 PM

Jun 2014
Well the VN is quite fun personally so the common route is worth it. The heroine route are pretty similar but rushed so if there is an heroine you especially like you might want to re-read her route or an heroine route you saw in the anime that you liked you might want to see the VN counterpart.
Refrain though. From what I gathered from the others player, they say that even if they already played refrain, they can still re-play it and cry so you might want to try the VN version at least once. The atmosphere is way better than the anime, the impact and deepness into the character struggle is well explained and it is really well written and paced so In my opinion it is worth a read.

In short, yes I think it's worth it for the common route and refrain, the heroine aren't really worth it except if you really want to know how it goes in their route.
Apr 14, 2015 4:20 PM

Nov 2013
Shangetsu said:
To begin with I'll say that I've watched both seasons back when they were airing.

I know how the character routes end, I know the 'truth of the world' so I can't see the VN surprising me about important plot points. I don't see how the VN will be able to keep me to read more especially since I heard it is an extremely long read.

Despite all of this is it worth to read the VN? Will I get an otherworldly experience compared to the anime? I know it wasn't the most faithful adaptation in the world but are the changes worth going through everything else that was similar?

I'd like the opinion of as many different people as possible before I decided whether I'm going to read it or not.

I've only watched bits and pieces of the anime, but the humor in the VN works much, much better. Just try out the first 10 minutes of it, and see if you share my sentiment. It just has a very different feel in general.
Apr 14, 2015 4:22 PM

May 2012
Knowing the 'secret of the world' ruins the VN in my opinion. Common route is still fun but without the mystery it just comes off stale as a whole.
Apr 15, 2015 4:43 AM

Jun 2014
Ryugen said:
Knowing the 'secret of the world' ruins the VN in my opinion. Common route is still fun but without the mystery it just comes off stale as a whole.

Not really, some knew the secret of the world but still liked it, it's all in the execution and the build-up.
Mar 28, 2017 9:38 PM
Jan 2010
Shangetsu said:

If you really liked the anime there will be pieces of the VN that are definitively worth.

That said, I will be honest, it would be better if you didn't know the secret of the world, because the story is way better told in the VN, I'm still astonished how they were able to pull it out the way they did. I stopped at episode 6 of the Refrain and rushed the VN, it was one of the best things I could have done (not saying the anime was bad but I got the feeling that the story wasn't being told as strong as the VN, and I was right on the money). I read a walkthrough and CTRL'd all routes with the exception of Rin and Kurugaya

Also, as someone else said, the humor is better in the VN. Way. Better. Masato is great on the game!
GBcrazyMar 28, 2017 9:42 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2013

539 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 16, 10:28 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Vladz0r - Dec 21, 2013

372 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 16, 9:41 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2013

352 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 16, 9:30 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2013

230 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 16, 8:46 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2013

186 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 16, 8:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.