Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (35) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 18, 2015 8:43 AM

May 2009
Can't wait to rewatch it in higher quality. I wonder if they cut anything from this week's episode.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
TyrelApr 18, 2015 2:10 PM
Apr 18, 2015 8:44 AM

Sep 2014
Tokoya said:
mira-nyan said:
Such feelz

Some pics

Kawaii overload >//<

Some more pics

[Maily GilBlond Foreigner]
The sun is a deadly laser
Apr 18, 2015 8:45 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Othi-tan said:
Tokoya said:
Just ignore his ranting, there's no use in trying to get through to him xD
Well I dont like people putting words in my mouth and others' just because they are buthurt.
I think most of the VN readers established last week that don't feel the same way as he does and are too annoyed by his constant ranting, so you don't have anything to worry about there.....Pretty sure most of the anime-only's feel the same way too

Nov 2013
_P5 said:
GARBrotato said:
Anime viewers are supposed to read Fate route. That's why they gave it out for free.

I love you Botato, but that's not better than a Tokyo Ghoul fanboy saying that you should read the manga because the anime was shit.
Except this is entirely different?

Tokyo Ghoul anime is an adaptation of the manga from start to finish.

UBW anime is adaptation of UBW route which is the middle of F/SN. Basically you are missing the beginning right now.

Oct 2014
stAtic91 said:
Another week of pages upon pages of Fai's complaining is here. Rejoice!

Can't wait to rewatch it in higher quality. I wonder if they cut anything from this week's episode.

I like how everyone jumps on Fai who just stated his opinion. And then Fake calls him out for doing something he didn't do (while Fake himself is doing what he accuses Fai of doing) and no one says anything.

Aug 2009
nocorras said:
Othi-tan said:
Well I dont like people putting words in my mouth and others' just because they are buthurt.

You're the one that put words in other people's mouth.

>Most casuals disagree with you.MOst VN readers disagree with you.
Em no?Look at the poll.Look at the posts here.Look at the live reactions.Look at FB's page,tweeter etc.

More people love it than not.That means that what he says about whatever problems he has with the anime are his alone(and some others) not of everyone.
Apr 18, 2015 8:46 AM

Jul 2007
_P5 said:
GARBrotato said:
Anime viewers are supposed to read Fate route. That's why they gave it out for free.

I love you Botato, but that's not better than a Tokyo Ghoul fanboy saying that you should read the manga because the anime was shit.

this adaptation absolutely cant stand wthout source material.
And with source material the flaws become apparent.

GARBrotato said:
CookingPriest said:

Nothing.

TBH had they done a good job in this part of story you would have felt m ore as it does a good job explaining stuff about her in canon vn.

Here they flubbed the feels hard.
Even in the VN no one would give a shit if they didn't like the character from before, specifically from Fate route. Someone reading UBW will not give two shits about Illya or Berserker.

This scene is better on re-read actually, because of HF stuff.

Incorrect actually.

Anime does pOOORER job at establishing hte hopelessness of situation and what Illya feels and what is going on. Also the way they handled Shirou's scene at the end takes away a lot.

So while you wo uld not give a shit without fate in vn too that much. You WOULD give more shit than here.

Jan 2014
Fight was disappointing.

Flashback and Illya were... eh, okay-ish, but not particulary good. Wolves tearing apart Illya and her screaming in pain was just a no, no for me. Berserker ''suddenly'' coming back to save Illya was done rather poorly.

Shirou just got wrecked by a sword the moment he yelled instead of him running down the stairs to the point where it seemed like it killed him, once again successfully making Shirou look like a huge dumbass.

Shinji scene was nice. Still got sad over Illya somewhat. The special Illya ED is just text, but meh, I suppose the change in tone for the song was somewhat nice.

Over-all, I was extremely disappointed by this episode.

Oct 2014
Othi-tan said:
nocorras said:

You're the one that put words in other people's mouth.

>Most casuals disagree with you.MOst VN readers disagree with you.
Em no?Look at the poll.Look at the posts here.Look at the live reactions.Look at FB's page,tweeter etc.

More people love it than not.That means that what he says about whatever problems he has with the anime are his alone(and some others) not of everyone.

And he never said it was everyone. Anyway, I'm not going to bother arguing with you.
Apr 18, 2015 8:47 AM

Aug 2009
nocorras said:
stAtic91 said:

I like how everyone jumps on Fai who just stated his opinion. And then Fake calls him out for doing something he didn't do (while Fake himself is doing what he accuses Fai of doing) and no one says anything.
Read my posts.I know some people dont like it.He thinks he is speaking the truth in his every post.
Apr 18, 2015 8:47 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
mira-nyan said:
Tokoya said:
Kawaii overload >//<

Some more pics

[Maily GilBlond Foreigner]
I should be mad at him but I can't ever hate my boy Gil :'')
Apr 18, 2015 8:48 AM

Jul 2007
GARBrotato said:
_P5 said:

UBW anime is adaptation of UBW route which is the middle of F/SN. Basically you are missing the beginning right now.

tokyo ghoul is bad adaptation of the manga.
This is a bad adaptation of one VN route.

SO i'd say this being a bad adaptation makes it WORSE. Because italready cant stand on its own nd without most of the good thngs about this route from VN, it cant stand on its own even more

WormPriest said:
Fight was disappointing.

Flashback and Illya were... eh, okay-ish, but not particulary good. Wolves tearing apart Illya and her screaming in pain was just a no, no for me. Berserker ''suddenly'' coming back to save Illya was done rather poorly.

Shirou just got wrecked by a sword the moment he yelled instead of him running down the stairs to the point where it seemed like it killed him, once again successfully making Shirou look like a huge dumbass.

Shinji scene was nice. Still got sad over Illya somewhat. The special Illya ED is just text, but meh, I suppose the change in tone for the song was somewhat nice.

Over-all, I was extremely disappointed by this episode.

A lot of the flashback anime original additions felt like pandering to edgelord fanbase. Forced tryhard stuff.
Apr 18, 2015 8:49 AM

Nov 2013
stAtic91 said:
Lolhowaboutno.jpg

I'll be finishing my re-watch of Sidonia and reading some manga till subs come out. The episode was good and definitely not as bad as the bs 'leaks' we heard about. Can't judge the original scenes yet though.

Anyway, enjoy the thread I guess.
Apr 18, 2015 8:50 AM

Oct 2014
Othi-tan said:
nocorras said:

And he never said it was everyone. Anyway, I'm not going to bother arguing with you.
When someone uses the word "objectively" it means that everyone else is either delusional or a liar.SO yeah only his opinion matters.

This is part of the post you quoted and then said 'don't act like you speak for everyone' or whatever you said.

If not for having read the VN, I am pretty sure I would not have.

Jul 2014
GARBrotato said:
_P5 said:

So let me get this straight, UBW is events happenening in the middle of F/SN? So this adaptation is like starting from the middle of the whole story?

What thw fuck is Fate/Stay Night then.
"Hi!"

Oct 2014
Did they cut the eye cutting out? I may have missed it, but it looked like Illya had wounds on her eyes even though I cannot remember kill cutting her there. BD addition?
Apr 18, 2015 8:51 AM

Aug 2013
Grey-Zone said:
Did they cut the eye cutting out? I may have missed it, but it looked like Illya had wounds on her eyes even though I cannot remember kill cutting her there. BD addition?

It was there,bruh.

They toned down the scream she gave after that tho.
Apr 18, 2015 8:51 AM

Aug 2009
nocorras said:
Othi-tan said:
When someone uses the word "objectively" it means that everyone else is either delusional or a liar.SO yeah only his opinion matters.

This is part of the post you quoted and then said 'don't act like you speak for everyone' or whatever you said.

If not for having read the VN, I am pretty sure I would not have.

And I believe I would have.

"A lot of the flashback anime original additions felt like pandering to edgelord fanbase. Forced tryhard stuff."
Of course he isnt speaking for anyone.Pft.
Apr 18, 2015 8:52 AM

Jan 2014
Grey-Zone said:

It was there. Just censored.

Oct 2014
Grey-Zone said:

They didn't show it, might in BD.

May 2014
_P5 said:

So let me get this straight, UBW is events happenening in the middle of F/SN? So this adaptation is like starting from the middle of the whole story?

Your forced to play through the story 3 times finding out new things with focus on different characters where the story changes drastically each time.

This is the 2nd playthough. All the Illya stuff happened in the 1st.

May 2009
nocorras said:
stAtic91 said:

I like how everyone jumps on Fai who just stated his opinion.
Eh, I don't mind his opinion, but the way he shoves it down everyone's throat every week is a little annoying.

Oct 2014
Othi-tan said:

"A lot of the flashback anime original additions felt like pandering to edgelord fanbase. Forced tryhard stuff."

He's not, but you're biased against him and have some kind of agenda apparently. Nowhere in his post did he claim to speak for everyone from what I saw, maybe I missed something though.

Oct 2014
_P5 said:

3 different "routes". You play through one storyline. Then when you finish, you restart the game and make a certain "choice", in this case, the branching point is Shirou using his command seal to stop Saber from finishing Archer, who would be critically wounded otherwise, which would completely change the whole story, ala butterfly effect.
Apr 18, 2015 8:53 AM

May 2014
WormPriest said:
Grey-Zone said:

Are you sure it was censored? It just looked like a discretion shot to me. You saw Gil swing his sword at her head height, What more is there to see?
Apr 18, 2015 8:54 AM

Oct 2014
nocorras said:
He's not, but you're biased against him and have some kind of agenda apparently.

"him" refers to the guy who reposts on EVERY SINGLE live reaction video in a tone that can only be considered "indoctrination". Claiming that his views are objective and then going back to claim that "no one has the right to critisize his argument, because it would be an ad-hominem".

Jul 2007
_P5 said:
GARBrotato said:

This adaptation is meant for VN readers a way to piss them off with inconsistencies

It is very clearly not able to stay on its own.

Aug 2009
nocorras said:
Othi-tan said:

And I believe I would have.

He's not, but you're biased against him and have some kind of agenda apparently.
Yeah you got me....

YEah he definitely isnt speaking on behalf of Nasu,Miura and the audience.HE even KNOWS that there is a ELF ost track that MIura decided to throw away...plz
Apr 18, 2015 8:55 AM

Nov 2013
_P5 said:
GARBrotato said:

Uhm yes and no. F/SN is 3 stories that complement each other. They are 3 different timelines, however in the original VN you are supposed to go through Fate before you start UBW, as such UBW assumes you know stuff from Fate.

Basically UBW is Fate's sequel, but it's also the same story in a way.

Jan 2014
WrongPriest said:
WormPriest said:

Are you sure it was censored? It just looked like a discretion shot to me. You saw Gil swing his sword at her head height, What more is there to see?

Dunno really. I'd assume it was censored. Screen blacks out for a moment and the next thing we see is Illya with a wound over her eyes. I'm kind of fairly certain the black out thing is gonna be removed in the BD version and you'll just get Gil cutting her eyes.
Feb 2014
_P5 said:
GARBrotato said:

There's a gazillion of threads on MAL that answer everything that you just asked.
Apr 18, 2015 8:56 AM

Jul 2011
WrongPriest said:
_P5 said:

Your forced to play through the story 3 times finding out new things with focus on different characters where the story changes drastically each time.

But some Illya stuff happens too in HF.
Apr 18, 2015 8:58 AM

Aug 2009
nocorras said:

Keep making stuff up in your mind to fuel your hate. It's an opinion get over it.
YEs I am delusional.He probably doesnt even exist.

May 2014
Praland said:
WrongPriest said:

Sorry I meant some.

Jun 2011
ugh. i think i better stay away from episode threads from now on
Apr 18, 2015 8:59 AM

Nov 2013
CookingPriest said:
This adaptation is meant for VN readers a way to piss them off with inconsistencies
Right..

Yeah I'm out for realz this time.

Jul 2011
Othi-tan said:
nocorras said:

Keep making stuff up in your mind to fuel your hate. It's an opinion get over it.

Lel.
WrongPriest said:
Praland said:

Sorry I meant some.

Ok

Oct 2014
Othi-tan said:
nocorras said:

You're pretty good at making stuff up in your head. So maybe he doesn't. Anyway I'm dropping this. I just had to call out your hypocrisy though.
Apr 18, 2015 9:00 AM

Aug 2014
Shit I just realized, no Die Lorelei. :/
Apr 18, 2015 9:00 AM
Apr 2012
That was really great. Near perfect adaptation, way better than last week's. the expanded flashback was awesome (except for Zero flashback stuff), and the focus of the camera when Gil slashes/stabs her was very well executed, keeps the impact without having to censor stuff.

LOL at people bitching about "no explanation for Winter Forest". I'll have to wait for the subs, but I'm pretty sure she said something about a "test" and "getting back to the castle". And as expected, they did NOT make Shirou look like an idiot at all. His desperate expression and muffled screams reflected his inner state pretty well, and so much for the shitstorm about "Rin pulls out a gem to save Ilya, and then looks angrily at Shirou". This is why you don't judge a series based on translations of a prescreening of its first 3 episodes >_>

Oh, and I LOVE this version of the ED, very Kara no Kyoukai-ish. 5/5 episode.

Edit: Shiiit, you guys just made realize there was no Die Lorelei :( Oh well, tbh the fact that I still felt all emotional is proof enough that they didn't need it (for me).
Apr 18, 2015 9:03 AM

Jul 2007
jmcm30 said:
And as expected, they did NOT make Shirou look like an idiot at all.

Except they did?

The tackle was unnecessary and the too-late STOP scream made him look like a complete idiot.

In VN it felt like he is genuinely trying to save her disregarding himself.
Her it felt like a heroic fit.

Insertanamehere said:

Music ruins the scenes, yo
Apr 18, 2015 9:03 AM

Jul 2011
Insertanamehere said:

Othi-tan said:

That is all.

Let the feels flow ~
Apr 18, 2015 9:06 AM

May 2009
WormPriest said:
WrongPriest said:

Dunno really. I'd assume it was censored. Screen blacks out for a moment and the next thing we see is Illya with a wound over her eyes. I'm kind of fairly certain the black out thing is gonna be removed in the BD version and you'll just get Gil cutting her eyes.
Maybe. Felt more like a directing decision than censoring to me. It's normal to cut away like that and just show the aftermath.
Apr 18, 2015 9:08 AM

Aug 2014
WormPriest said:
WrongPriest said:

Perhaps you were lagging? I think it cuts back up to Shirou and Rin before cutting to Illya again.
Apr 18, 2015 9:11 AM

Aug 2013
It's interesting that they had Gil's weapons bounce off Berserker's skin at the beginning.

Guess God Hand's still a thing here.
Apr 18, 2015 9:19 AM

Feb 2015
CookingPriest said:
astroprogs said:

No. No, it didn't.

W/e you say m8

Based perfect flawless mary sue RIn stopping Ginger idiot from being an idiot. Sasuga ufo.

look at the despair in the eyes m8
Apr 18, 2015 9:19 AM

Oct 2014
From preview pics (thanks, beast's lair) it seems we will get Rin-sama embarrassed and angry next week

Apr 18, 2015 9:20 AM

Jul 2007
GG ufo. Y ou officially surpassed akame ga kiru in shitty mood whiplashes now.

chat77 said:
CookingPriest said:

W/e you say m8

Based perfect flawless mary sue RIn stopping Ginger idiot from being an idiot. Sasuga ufo.

look at the despair in the eyes m8

visual storytelling yo.

and then we have the ginger idiot being blown back by the sword.

still felt nothing for the death
Apr 18, 2015 9:24 AM

Aug 2010
CookingPriest said:
visual storytelling yo.

That's one instant where visual storytelling is done outright brilliantly.
And I'm sorry you didn't feel the death scene. I definitely did.
Apr 18, 2015 9:24 AM

Jul 2007
astroprogs said:
CookingPriest said:

visual storytelling yo.

That's one instant when visual storytelling is done outright brilliantly.
And I'm sorry you didn't feel the death scene. I definitely did.

lELWUT? iT JUST LOOKS LIKE BASED RIN SAVING IDIOT GINGER. What visual storytelling lol?

The death scene had absolutely no impact or build up.
Most of atmosphere and tension is missing in this adaptation.
If not for VN I would have felt jack shit here.

I am not surprised most of neogaf hated the prescreening.

The whole episode felt like someone reading a script. VIsual directing had absolutely no clues or impact.
When fucking GUnslinger stratos did a
better today, you know this adaptation failed.
Pages (35) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1557 by Swatheesh123 »»
Apr 9, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 13, 2015

1574 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 17, 2015

1448 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 9:40 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 9, 2015

1316 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 9:35 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1282 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 16, 7:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.