Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (35) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Apr 18, 2015 11:51 AM

Sep 2012
Good backstory on what happened to Ilya after F/Z but holy shit did she and berserker get rekt or what.

Gilgamesh OP
Oh god who are you people?

Oct 2009
Theorder14 said:
TheDodo said:

The series.
U do realize the scene didn't even get adapted in the series so how exactly did they do better O.o?

I am not talking about any scene, just saying UBW is not as good as Deen's series.

Sep 2011
Drake1000 said:
Lollo36 said:
OH. MY. GOD.
This episode was amazingly bad. It's everything wrong with this anime, wrapped up into a 20-minute package.
I have to rewatch it to be able to express how bad this was (probably tomorrow). I didn't give a shit about Ilya and Berserker in the VN either, but this is on another level entirely.

Why would anyone care about Illya in UBW? HF I'd understand but here she's just a lesser Grail waiting to get picked up by someone and it just so happens to be Gil-kun.

Is being my favorite loli character of all times (who totally deserves a better death episode) enough of a reason?

Oct 2014
TheDodo said:
So I think Fate Stay Night (The Fate path) was way better even though it was less flashy. This was not a fight, just Gil killing some Mongrel... _and Shirou got amazing screentime yet again_ ...

Fate route is regarded as the weakest route by like 80% of people who read the VN. And you haven't seen the end of this route.
Apr 18, 2015 11:52 AM

Aug 2014

ROFL
Gj Ufo
InsertanamehereApr 18, 2015 12:02 PM
Apr 18, 2015 11:52 AM

Jun 2011
TheDodo said:
Theorder14 said:
U do realize the scene didn't even get adapted in the series so how exactly did they do better O.o?

I am not talking about any scene, just saying UBW is not as good as Deen's series.

okay, so u didn't answer my question. how is it better? Is it the fate route itself or cuz of the director etc.
Apr 18, 2015 11:54 AM

Nov 2014
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Illya-Chan why!?
Hi there
Apr 18, 2015 11:55 AM

Sep 2014
They should've made Bersercar talk at the end. Since we're not getting Fate route and all! *bursts into tears*
The sun is a deadly laser
Apr 18, 2015 11:55 AM
Jul 2018
CookingPriest said:
Actually I sort of agree.

Take away the animation budget and ufo name and this is pretty much rehash of deen raping the material.

You've gotta be fucking kidding me...
Apr 18, 2015 11:56 AM

Jun 2013
Good episode, just dissapointed with Heracles...
I mean, there was such hype for Berserker's type in FSN (being Heracles and stuff), and he held his own against Saber and Archer together, but here, the fight was like 2 minutes of him just defending himself and Ilya (and i don't see any difference if Ilya wasn't there anyway), and Gilgamesh just crushing Heracles, seriously, Gilgamesh just won the fight against the strongest form of Berserker with ease. meh.
[CENTER][CENTER]
Apr 18, 2015 11:56 AM

Sep 2014
Oh mi gah! 3 Seiba avvies in a row!!

WHOOP. WHOOP.
Apr 18, 2015 11:57 AM
Mar 2015
PainItachi said:
I mean, there was such hype for Berserker's type in FSN (being Heracles and stuff), and he held his own against Saber and Archer together, but here, the fight was like 2 minutes of him just defending himself and Ilya (and i don't see any difference if Ilya wasn't there anyway), and Gilgamesh just crushing Heracles, seriously, Gilgamesh just won the fight against the strongest form of Berserker with ease. meh.

Well Gil is the strongest servant, and like Gil said in the episode Herc was preoccupied with keeping Illya safe rather then going all out.
Apr 18, 2015 11:57 AM

Feb 2015
PainItachi said:

Cause he counters Heracles very hard...
Apr 18, 2015 11:58 AM

Sep 2014
PainItachi said:

Whilst Herk as fighting, he had to bash away the swords sent to Illya too. If she wasn't there he could've gone full out.

Ofc, he still wouldn't kill Kinpaka.

Oct 2009
Theorder14 said:
TheDodo said:

okay, so u didn't answer my question. how is it better? Is it the fate route itself or cuz of the director etc.

I think it was the route itself, I am not sure where this is going yet though. Also I havent seen the VN so it s hard to tell if it's a UFO vs Deen thing.

Dec 2013
Illya ;~;
Apr 18, 2015 11:59 AM

Feb 2010
Flashback in the middle of the battle was so stupid, and it was really really rushed, not nearly enough to give a shit about illya. They should've shown the flashback before instead of wasting time in some other pointless shit in season 1 or just in the previous episode.

I guess it still was one of the better episodes? but that's not that hard.
Apr 18, 2015 11:59 AM
Apr 2014
Insertanamehere said:

Rofl

Mocking inbetween animation frames is so fun.
Apr 18, 2015 12:00 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
CookingPriest said:

In the VN Goldie expected it to happen
In the VN Zerker still left the body intact through impossible means for illya to hold on to
Int he VN Rin did not randomly tackle Shirou and the scene felt a lot more tense and emotional
In the VN We did not have grimderp homunculi flashbacks
In the VN We did not have grimderp wolf chewing bullshit
Int he VN Illya's death was actually emotional and sad
Just to let you know, I haven't played this route in the VN so I'm anime only for the most part

1. Okay? It stil showed a testament to Berserker's strength and willpower....Having Gil react like that gives more credit to Berserker which isn't a bad thing since he deserves it.....It really doesn't matter if Gil expected it or not because quite frankly he still got rekt

2. Don't see how this matters since no matter which way you put it, that entire situation was really freaking sad.....Also him breaking out of the chains to stop Gil from doing whatever he was about to do (After seemingly dying) as well as the remark that Gil made at the end about him pretty much shows that protector/father-like instincts that Berserker had for Ilya

3. How was this scene not emotional lol? This must be a joke xD His facial expressions and his screams conveyed the tension and emotions in the air...It reflected the watchers reaction to it (And I read your claim about how anime only's won't feel anything - Dude most of us have seen Fate/Zero already and Ilya left a great impression during the parts that she had in the first cour, she is a FAN FAVORITE and she is the epitome of kawaii so naturally a lot of people would like her....Some of the things that you're saying just to justify your salt is getting really tired and annoying and is just plain ridiculous. As you can see from this thread, apart from the butthurt VN readers such as yourself, we are all saddened by her death

4. I didn't notice this until a certain someone who is surely going to talk about this in his review (And possibly live reaction) but that scene was a throwback to KnK - Finding meaning in meaninglessness (Same universe, same world, same ideologies). It also did really well to further establish Ilya's character....I shouldn't need to explain how

5. Now you're just nitpicking....This scene didn't last no longer than 4 seconds -_- But regardless of that, it had meaning.....

- Ilya thinking that servants are mindless tools

- She abandoned him in the Forrest thinking that he doesn't give a shit about her

- She gets attacked thinking that no (one especially Berserker) will come to save her s

- Berserker proved her wrong by coming out of his own free will to save her from dying

- Thus begins the start of the father figure/protector thing - Showing that he cares about her

6. Already addressed this in point 3.....The girl had the only person that she truly believed cared for her killed....You're too busy crying because they didn't leave his body there when really her crying and calling out for him was enough to establish the sad mood.....His body didn't need to be there for that scene to be emotional....If anything his body not being there made ir even more tragic

Anyway, this episode was brilliantly made and I commend Ufotable for it...My only complaint is that I wish that the fight was longer but apparently we'll get an extended version in the BD so I don't mind

There was also a throwback to Fate/ Kaleid - Illya's Mindset - We see the true reasons why the grail should have been removed. The markings explain a lot along with the Holy Grail talking with her. The torment she went through was something unexpected.
TokoyaApr 18, 2015 12:06 PM
Apr 18, 2015 12:03 PM
Jul 2018
The quiet ambient music while Berserker was chained up and Illya was about to die was quite something. I really need that piece.

Great episode.

Jun 2011
TheDodo said:
Theorder14 said:

I think it was the route itself, I am not sure where this is going yet though. Also I havent seen the VN so it s hard to tell if it's a UFO vs Deen thing.

Deen added alot of massive AO bullshit so i don't know how u think it's better. Might it be because of this?
Deen fsn spoiler

If not then what else was it in Deen's fate that made it superior? I'm just curious here because i rly disliked it when i first watched it years ago.
Mar 2015
Tokoya said:
CookingPriest said:

In the VN Zerker still left the body intact through impossible means for illya to hold on to
Int he VN Rin did not randomly tackle Shirou and the scene felt a lot more tense and emotional
Just to let you know, I haven't played this route in the VN so I'm anime only for the most part

1. Okay? It stil showed a testament to Berserker's strength and willpower....Having Gil react like that gives more credit to Berserker which isn't a bad thing since he deserves it.....It really doesn't matter if Gil expected it or not because quite frankly he still got rekt

2. Don't see how this matters since no matter which way you put it, that entire situation was really freaking sad.....Also him breaking out of the chains to stop Gil from doing whatever he was about to do (After seemingly dying) as well as the remark that Gil made at the end about him pretty much shows that protector/father-like instincts that Berserker had for Ilya

3. How was this scene not emotional lol? This must be a joke xD His facial expressions and his screams conveyed the tension and emotions in the air...It reflected the watchers reaction to it (And I read your claim about how anime only's won't feel anything - Dude most of us have seen Fate/Zero already and Ilya left a great impression during the parts that she had in the first cour, she is a FAN FAVORITE and she is the epitome of kawaii so naturally a lot of people would like her....Some of the things that you're saying just to justify your salt is getting really tired and annoying and is just plain ridiculous. As you can see from this thread, apart from the butthurt VN readers such as yourself, we are all saddened by her death

4. I didn't notice this until a certain someone who is surely going to talk about this in his review (And possibly live reaction) but that scene was a throwback to KnK - Finding meaning in meaninglessness (Same universe, same world, same ideologies). It also did really well to further establish Ilya's character....I shouldn't need to explain how

5. Now you're just nitpicking....This scene didn't last no longer than 4 seconds -_- But regardless of that, it had meaning.....

- Berserker proved her wrong by coming out of his own free will

- Thus begins the start of the father figure/protector thing - Showing that he cares about her

6. Already addressed this in point 3.....The girl had the only person that she truly believed cared for her killed....You're too busy crying because they didn't leave his body there when really her crying and calling out for him was enough to establish the sad mood.....His body didn't need to be there for that scene to be emotional....If anything his body not being there made ir even more tragic

Anyway, this episode was brilliantly made and I commend Ufotable for it...My only complaint is that I wish that the fight was longer but apparently we'll get an extended version in the BD so I don't mind

There was also a throwback to Fate/ Kaleid - Illya's Mindset - We see the true reasons why the grail should have been removed. The markings explain a lot along with the Holy Grail talking with her. The torment she went through was something unexpected.

*insert clapping gif here* I have read the UBW route and I can say that this was a great adaptation of the scene. In fact I read it two times last night just to get myself pumped for this episode and I'm not disappointed AT ALL.
Apr 18, 2015 12:05 PM

Jul 2007
Tokoya said:
CookingPriest said:

Oh gods we laughed at this bullshit when it was posted somewhere else and I get a chance to laugh at this nonsense here too xD

And yeah you totally read the VN

Command Spells are "Evil markings now", lel. Hoo boy. Thanks for destroying your credibility.

BTW that was not the message of KNK.

May 2014
In the Fate Route Berseker was a way more stronger, WTF.
i'm going to start UBW route now because this is ridiculous !!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Aug 2012
Hey VN players, except for CookingPriest what would you give this episode?!~

Apr 18, 2015 12:06 PM

Aug 2012
CookingPriest said:

- First pacing killer interruption for zerobullshit flashback...yay?
Now you see what I was talking about in the first cour? Except then it was harmless but now they're prioritizing zero edge atmosphere over Shirou's character.
Apr 18, 2015 12:07 PM

Jul 2007
AlexTheRiot said:
CookingPriest said:

- First pacing killer interruption for zerobullshit flashback...yay?
Now you see what I was talking about in the first cour? Except then it was harmless but now they're prioritizing zero edge atmosphere over Shirou's character.

In the first season if they did the job correctly the focus WOULD have been on character building and not the fights.
Apr 2015
Ah it's always a feast to visit this sub just to laugh at all those butthurt VN elitists crying over minor things that are changed or stuff that was added.

You guys do comprehend that they do this in order to raise the immersion and tension?

Because this is a video and not a VN in which you can use 30 phrases to describe a character's feelings in the midst of a battle without breaking tension etc.?

It's rather sad that you aren't able to enjoy a good series because of your tunnel vision. If you look at this from the view of a neutral critic who reviews this as a series and not as an adaption, you'd probably see that it's not as bad as you think.

But well, I understand that it's really unpleasant and shitty if you're eager to see your favorite VN beeing made into a whole series and realise that it's not as you expected it to be.
Mar 2015
CloudStrifeFFVII said:

10/10 though I've just gone through UBW. Haven't done Fate or HF yet.
Apr 18, 2015 12:08 PM

Aug 2014
CloudStrifeFFVII said:

4.5, but that's only taking into account my VN knowledge of Illya's character which makes the episode considerably more emotional.
As a standalone I'd say around.....3?

Sep 2014
Theorder14 said:
TheDodo said:

Deen added alot of massive AO bullshit so i don't know how u think it's better. Might it be because of this?
Deen fsn spoiler

If not then what else was it in Deen's fate that made it superior? I'm just curious here because i rly disliked it when i first watched it years ago.

That was in the VN :I

And it was also in Apocrypha, with another 'Saber'

Seibah bathscenes are every where. You just can't run away from them( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jan 2014
Tokoya said:

Doesn't really justify the wolves chewing on her while she screams out of pain bit. Could have done perfectly fine without that by just letting the wolves jump at her after she falls down or something and Berserker suddenly appears to protect her.

Them chewing Illya for a good 20 seconds or so while she screams was just unneedlessly edgy and cringey. You can't really tell me you didn't find the scene where wolves chew on a little girl while she cries to be edgy as hell.

Aug 2010
That was sad, but I couldn't really connect with the last scene.
Everything felt rushed, and it's a shame since I was very excited about Illya's and Berserker's characters, they went down too fast...
But oh well.

Dec 2014
Siegzilla said:
CloudStrifeFFVII said:

Why would you read through UBW before Fate?
Mar 2015
CookingPriest said:
Tokoya said:

Oh gods we laughed at this bullshit when it was posted somewhere else and I get a chance to laugh at this nonsense here too xD

Command Spells are "Evil markings now", lel. Hoo boy. Thanks for destroying your credibility.

Says the guy who uses "You don't know me" as rebuttal. You're mocked relentlessly on Beast's Lair BTW.
Apr 18, 2015 12:09 PM

Aug 2014
WormPriest said:
Tokoya said:

Doesn't really justify the wolves chewing on her while she screams out of pain bit. Could have done perfectly fine without that by just letting the wolves jump at her after she falls down or something and Berserker suddenly appears to protect her.

Them chewing Illya for a good 20 seconds or so while she screams was just unneedlessly edgy and cringey. You can't really tell me you didn't find the scene where wolves chew on a little girl while she cries to be edgy as hell.

More that I was wondering why she wouldn't use her magic against them.

Aug 2012
CookingPriest said:
AlexTheRiot said:

In the first season if they did the job correctly the focus WOULD have been on character building and not the fights.
True but more focus on his POV these last three episodes would have been able to make up a lot of ground that was left behind then. I'm assuming that's what you were hoping for too, so yeah pretty understandable to be pissed about the direction.
Mar 2015
BanterBus said:
Siegzilla said:

Because Fate's reputation for massive sexism and bad romance isn't exactly enticing?

Sep 2012
CloudStrifeFFVII said:

8.5/10

Siegzilla said:
BanterBus said:

Because Fate's reputation for massive sexism and bad romance isn't exactly enticing?

Did you use CTRL the entire route, a save data or just watched a LP? Because you can't read UBW until you finish Fate.
GoldenSaltPillarApr 18, 2015 12:13 PM
Apr 18, 2015 12:10 PM
Oct 2011
Siegzilla said:

Says the guy who uses "You don't know me" as rebuttal. You're mocked relentlessly on Beast's Lair BTW.

Yeah, CookingPriest is mocked by the whole FSN fandom. I think only here in MAL people are still taking him seriously.
Apr 18, 2015 12:11 PM

May 2011
I'm sorry, but whe nIllya got stabbed and shriou spasm'd out, i laughed

Aug 2014
Siegzilla said:

I-it's meant to be read first, though. >_>

Aug 2012
Insertanamehere said:
CloudStrifeFFVII said:

4.5, but that's only taking into account my VN knowledge of Illya's character which makes the episode considerably more emotional.
As a standalone I'd say around.....3?
Yep.
The Komori

Mar 2013
CookingPriest said:
Tokoya said:

And with this, you're only proving just how salty you are

>Saying that I read the VN when clearly I just stated that I fucking didn't

*facepalm*

Your comments have pretty much turned majority of the people that follows this sub forum against you and it's comments like these that only makes it worse Fai

And just because you're blinded by salt, doesn't mean that it wasn't there, read between the lines for once, you're a Type Moon fanboy aren't you? Open your eyes and see for yourself

YOUR OPINION ISN'T ABSOLUTE NOR IS IT FACT. Get.Over.Yourself
TokoyaApr 18, 2015 12:15 PM
Apr 18, 2015 12:12 PM

Dec 2014
Siegzilla said:

There is a bit of that, yeah. But if you read Fate it really helps understand the world a lot better. Also, gives you background of the past, and some foucs on servants. I just think its a poor choice to read UBW first.

I mean.... Fate is suspose to be read first.
Apr 18, 2015 12:12 PM

Aug 2008
CloudStrifeFFVII said:

It ok.
Made some changes to the flashback to add some extra informations that would otherwise be found in a dialogue with Kotomine in another route to avoid plot holes. Some great music mid episode. Decent to great action. Absolute stunning performance from Gilgamesh' voice actor.

Unfortunately it's a bit ruined by some limited but still present pacing issues.

I also believe they should have avoided using visions of her mother because while I do understand their point, it may be a bit too confusing for anime-only watchers.
Apr 18, 2015 12:13 PM
Mar 2015
Insertanamehere said:
Siegzilla said:

I-it's meant to be read first, though. >_>

Fate route isn't the most interesting and seeing how Nasu's stuff is very long and detail loaded, why read that first when the UBW route is overall better and more interesting? I mean I will get to it one of these days but even Nasu said he'd rewrite it heavily.
The Komori

Mar 2013
WormPriest said:
Tokoya said:

Didn't know that violence/Near death experiences = bad

Sorreh =/

Jun 2011
mira-nyan said:
Theorder14 said:

Deen fsn spoiler

That was in the VN :I

And it was also in Apocrypha, with another 'Saber'

Seibah bathscenes are every where. You just can't run away from them( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

So? I know those fanservice were in the vn

Sep 2011
Siegzilla said:
BanterBus said:

Starting a book from the 2nd volume just because heard that 1st volume adaptation is sexist?
LOL
Pages (35) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1557 by Swatheesh123 »»
Apr 9, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 13, 2015

1574 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 17, 2015

1448 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 9:40 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 9, 2015

1316 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 9:35 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1282 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 16, 7:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.