Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 10, 2015 9:01 PM

Jan 2012
I have watched this series multiple times because I am fascinated by it, and the story is so dense that I find something more to understand about it with each repetition. However, there is a part in this movie that becomes more confusing the more I understand the later movies.

So...this movie purposefully makes Shiki look like a killer because she's always present at the scene of the crime. The clever part is that you never see her commit the act. A notion that is confirmed in the seventh movie when you find out it's Shiki's stalker, Lio (i think his name was) doing the actual killing.

So my question then comes from multiple conversation between Shiki and Kokuto during this film. Why does Shiki say things like "why didn't you report me to the cops?" Why doesn't she try to affirm her innocence? If she isn't the killer, why does she go along with being framed as one?
Apr 10, 2015 9:11 PM

May 2014
Iirc (it's been a while since I watched/read it) Shiki doesn't have strong memories of being SHIKI, and SHIKI's obsession with death had Shiki coming conscious in the most compromising of positions. Covered in blood, Near mutilated bodies, SHIKI was basically getting off on it.

As such Shiki herself thought she was the killer all along. Mikiya on the other hand knew she wasn't capable of it.
Apr 11, 2015 6:21 AM

Jan 2012
Ahhh, thank you! That helps explain it a lot! Man, Shiki is such a neat character.
Jan 5, 2020 12:05 PM
May 2014
I am rewatching like for fifth time the movies and what i think is Shiki doesn't want Mikiya close to her because its not normal for her the kindness and warm Mikiya makes her feel. What i think is that she is trying to scare him acting as the killer. It may be because how she was grown as explained by SHIKI and the reason SHIKI was created also her relation with Lio and the murders could make her feel that Mikiya could get killed by Lio. So Shiki was ok with being the murder to Mikiya as long as he walk away.
May 8, 2020 5:13 PM

Dec 2009
I'm not sure if it's bad that I spoiled myself here in the reveal that she never killed anyone... but in a way, I think I'll feel less perplexed by knowing this beforehand with how mindless the story seems to be from the intense mystery.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kara no Kyoukai: Satsujin Kousatsu (Part 1) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

dtshyk - Jun 23, 2008

232 by Code0018 »»
Jul 16, 2023 11:01 PM

» Can I watch this as a stand alone?

EfiChan - Apr 14, 2022

16 by 24846 »»
Apr 21, 2022 8:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.