Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 8, 2015 4:38 AM
Apr 2015
^ I personally think it's nice tho
Apr 8, 2015 7:37 AM

Jan 2015
I think it's because they wanted to end like tatsumi x akame, tatsumi x leone, tatsumi x esdeath or they simply hate Mein.
Apr 8, 2015 7:37 AM

Oct 2014
It is nice but they really didn't have much on screen development after the fact. Unlike most people, I feel it was built up enough. Mine was one of the many girls in the series that liked Tatsumi in an earnestly romantic way, where as Leone saw him as a child to be teased and even Sheele was mostly a maternal figure who may or may not have had feelings for him. So with the death of Chelsea (who I still would have shipped heavily over Mine) she was the most fitting choice.

The only real problem, to me, is that their romance had less screen time than even
Wave-x-Kurome; and they aren't even officially a couple. I'll say it before and I'll say it again; this series isn't known for character development.
ExaydaApr 8, 2015 7:40 AM
Apr 8, 2015 8:56 AM

Jan 2015
Exayda said:
It is nice but they really didn't have much on screen development after the fact. Unlike most people, I feel it was built up enough. Mine was one of the many girls in the series that liked Tatsumi in an earnestly romantic way, where as Leone saw him as a child to be teased and even Sheele was mostly a maternal figure who may or may not have had feelings for him. So with the death of Chelsea (who I still would have shipped heavily over Mine) she was the most fitting choice.

The only real problem, to me, is that their romance had less screen time than even
Wave-x-Kurome; and they aren't even officially a couple. I'll say it before and I'll say it again; this series isn't known for character development.

It's hard to have some deep developtment when a lot of character die and if they get a lot of development you can guess they will not die.
Apr 8, 2015 8:59 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
There's already a thread on this but I'll just quote myself from it:

HaXXspetten said:
Can I just take a moment to say how amazing this pairing is?

We actually have an established coupling between a shounen protagonist and a girl who is not the obvious lead heroine, not the first girl who confessed to him, and not even mentioned in the synopsis of the series itself. How absurdly rare is that?? Seriously we have an actual coupling which you could not take for granted just by reading the synopsis and looking at the cover of the series itself! This is something you seriously only see maybe once in a hundred anime/manga (which in and of itself is a terribly sad realization but yeah). The only time this would normally ever happen would be in some overly-serious melodramatic romance series, but in an action/fantasy story? Never.

At first glance you would logically assume it'd have to be Akame, then after a little while you might be leaning more towards Esdeath as it was kind of leaning that way, but no guess what it's Mine. Furthermore at this point in the series I think we can all rest assured that those two have way more fans than Mine does, which would put a lot of pressure on the author for actually pairing Tatsumi together with her as there will surely be a lot of #angry fans for doing so. But no, he just goes ahead and does it anyway. Major props to Takahiro for actually giving the middle finger to one of the stupidest patterns in the animanga industry.

Actually whether or not you happen to like Mine as a character isn't really the issue here. The mere fact that this plot development even occured is enlightening in and of itself. I seriously wish more anime/manga could learn from this notion so they wouldn't be so fucking predictable.

This isn't about good writing, this is about breaking norms. One of the biggest problems in romance anime is that it's virtually *never* anything unpredictable. It takes out most of the excitement and entertainment of it when everything is always happening according to a fixed template every single time.

I'm not saying Tatsumi x Mine per se is the best pairing ever, but I wholeheartedly appreciate that the author is actually trying to do something that for once isn't generic as far as this trend goes. It's something I wish to see more of in the future in general. It's the principle that's great, not necessarily this specific pairing or its writing per se.

Though that aside given how the story has developed there isn't really any other girl who would be fit to be coupled with Tatsumi at this point anyway. Akame doesn't give a damn about romance, Esdeath is the enemy, Leone is a side character at best who doesn't feel like anything more than a friend or a sister, etcetera (also obviously a lot of girls have already died)
Apr 8, 2015 11:55 AM

Oct 2014
inb4 Dark's bitching.
Apr 8, 2015 3:55 PM
Apr 2015
^lmao
Apr 8, 2015 3:56 PM
Apr 2015
HaXXspetten said:

HaXXspetten said:

We actually have an established coupling between a shounen protagonist and a girl who is not the obvious lead heroine, not the first girl who confessed to him, and not even mentioned in the synopsis of the series itself. How absurdly rare is that?? Seriously we have an actual coupling which you could not take for granted just by reading the synopsis and looking at the cover of the series itself! This is something you seriously only see maybe once in a hundred anime/manga (which in and of itself is a terribly sad realization but yeah). The only time this would normally ever happen would be in some overly-serious melodramatic romance series, but in an action/fantasy story? Never.

At first glance you would logically assume it'd have to be Akame, then after a little while you might be leaning more towards Esdeath as it was kind of leaning that way, but no guess what it's Mine. Furthermore at this point in the series I think we can all rest assured that those two have way more fans than Mine does, which would put a lot of pressure on the author for actually pairing Tatsumi together with her as there will surely be a lot of #angry fans for doing so. But no, he just goes ahead and does it anyway. Major props to Takahiro for actually giving the middle finger to one of the stupidest patterns in the animanga industry.

Actually whether or not you happen to like Mine as a character isn't really the issue here. The mere fact that this plot development even occured is enlightening in and of itself. I seriously wish more anime/manga could learn from this notion so they wouldn't be so fucking predictable.

This isn't about good writing, this is about breaking norms. One of the biggest problems in romance anime is that it's virtually *never* anything unpredictable. It takes out most of the excitement and entertainment of it when everything is always happening according to a fixed template every single time.

I'm not saying Tatsumi x Mine per se is the best pairing ever, but I wholeheartedly appreciate that the author is actually trying to do something that for once isn't generic as far as this trend goes. It's something I wish to see more of in the future in general. It's the principle that's great, not necessarily this specific pairing or its writing per se.

Though that aside given how the story has developed there isn't really any other girl who would be fit to be coupled with Tatsumi at this point anyway. Akame doesn't give a damn about romance, Esdeath is the enemy, Leone is a side character at best who doesn't feel like anything more than a friend or a sister, etcetera (also obviously a lot of girls have already died)

I was actually kind of hoping it ti be Leone 8)
Apr 8, 2015 4:00 PM

Mar 2015
i didn't mind tatsumi x mein, but i think it was the worst pairing out of all the possibilities. I would've preferred tatsumi x akame for an nice ending to the show, or even tatsumi x leone. esdeath was thirsty as fuck though, tatsumi shoulda just stepped up and given it to her lol
Apr 8, 2015 4:28 PM
Apr 2015
iStrawHat_Luffy said:
i didn't mind tatsumi x mein, but i think it was the worst pairing out of all the possibilities. I would've preferred tatsumi x akame for an nice ending to the show, or even tatsumi x leone. esdeath was thirsty as fuck though, tatsumi shoulda just stepped up and given it to her lol

LeonexTatsumi> everything else
Apr 8, 2015 4:53 PM

Mar 2015
I won't disagree with that. I'll cosign lol
Apr 8, 2015 6:05 PM

Jul 2014
(< super biased person) I just don't like tsunderes.
Apr 8, 2015 6:42 PM
Apr 2015
I wonder if Takahiro is gonna pull the plug on Mine.
Apr 8, 2015 8:56 PM
Feb 2015
I assume that is because of expectations, just as what Haxx had said. TatsumixMine coupling is not usually seen many mangas/animes. The fact that it was totally unexpected is the biggest reason why people hate it, the writer had successfully lead us on some really wild goose chase, starting from Tatsumi being the MC rather than Akame.

Aside from that, the progression leading to the relationship was okay. We get scenes leading up to the big confession, some intimidate moments between the 2. While Takahiro is not the best romance writer, he at least gets a passing grade here. In a way I put it down as a lack of experience rather than incompetence which can be readdressed in time.

P.S: And OP I really hope you know that you are unlocking the pandora's box for trolls and haters to bitch.........
Apr 8, 2015 8:57 PM
Feb 2015
FlameTsubasa said:
I wonder if Takahiro is gonna pull the plug on Mine.

He might, but he had already had one chance to do it and he did not (Mine v Budou). So maybe he might be lenient.
Apr 9, 2015 1:11 AM
Apr 2015
Viktor_Otaku said:
I assume that is because of expectations, just as what Haxx had said. TatsumixMine coupling is not usually seen many mangas/animes. The fact that it was totally unexpected is the biggest reason why people hate it, the writer had successfully lead us on some really wild goose chase, starting from Tatsumi being the MC rather than Akame.

Aside from that, the progression leading to the relationship was okay. We get scenes leading up to the big confession, some intimidate moments between the 2. While Takahiro is not the best romance writer, he at least gets a passing grade here. In a way I put it down as a lack of experience rather than incompetence which can be readdressed in time.

P.S: And OP I really hope you know that you are unlocking the pandora's box for trolls and haters to bitch.........

MY BODY IS READY. To show I even support the ship 8)
Apr 14, 2015 2:32 AM

May 2014
HaXXspetten said:

HaXXspetten said:

^ well said!
Apr 14, 2015 3:21 PM

Apr 2008
Because it's hamfisted as all hell and completely shoved in the face in the most unsubtle way imaginable. There's no development for it until the moment the priest decides to say YOU TWO MUST BE LOVERS. The author has no idea how to build up a pairing whatsoever.
Apr 14, 2015 3:23 PM

Aug 2014
It was rushed.
Apr 14, 2015 5:47 PM

Sep 2013
It's because they're looney as hell and think it's possible that Tatsumi could ever end up with Esdeath.
vikki7783 said:

Seriously, Mine was only a tsundere for LITERALLY the small amount of time between realizing her affection of Tatsumi and confessing to him. She was just mean before then. An honest "tsun" if my interpretation of -dere's is correct. Remember, a tsundere has to use violence to hide her affection.
Darklight0303 said:
Because it's hamfisted as all hell and completely shoved in the face in the most unsubtle way imaginable. There's no development for it until the moment the priest decides to say YOU TWO MUST BE LOVERS. The author has no idea how to build up a pairing whatsoever.

Huh??? What about when Mine was blushing watching Tatsumi do push ups with Lubbock after Bulat's death? What about after Chelsea's death and she commented on Tatsumi's development of continuing on after losing a comrade? Yes, Tatsumi barely, if ever, noticed Mine, but Takahiro accounted for that with Mine saying "Fine, just date me and soon you'll be falling head over heels for me."
Apr 14, 2015 6:36 PM

Oct 2014
Old_Raven said:
Yes, Tatsumi barely, if ever, noticed Mine, but Takahiro accounted for that with Mine saying "Fine, just date me and soon you'll be falling head over heels for me."

I won't deny that this made me respect Mine a lot more. That level of confidence was just so engaging coming from her.
Apr 14, 2015 6:51 PM
Oct 2014
Mine x Tatsumi was almost already confirmed in the bonus pages of vol 1

i know it because i have vol 1 and in 7 days vol2 ;)
Apr 14, 2015 7:41 PM

Oct 2014
Some People were expecting Tatsumi x Mine being like Guts and Caska, If Mine were like Caska(after what happened to her during the Eclipse) then Mine wouldve become more likeable imo.

Apr 14, 2015 11:21 PM
Feb 2015
Old_Raven said:
It's because they're looney as hell and think it's possible that Tatsumi could ever end up with Esdeath.
vikki7783 said:

Seriously, Mine was only a tsundere for LITERALLY the small amount of time between realizing her affection of Tatsumi and confessing to him. She was just mean before then. An honest "tsun" if my interpretation of -dere's is correct. Remember, a tsundere has to use violence to hide her affection.
Darklight0303 said:

Huh??? What about when Mine was blushing watching Tatsumi do push ups with Lubbock after Bulat's death? What about after Chelsea's death and she commented on Tatsumi's development of continuing on after losing a comrade? Yes, Tatsumi barely, if ever, noticed Mine, but Takahiro accounted for that with Mine saying "Fine, just date me and soon you'll be falling head over heels for me."

Plus the scene where Tatsumi saved Mine from Seryu's suicide blast was the biggest flag yet.Within the short space of 10 volumes it is pretty much set on who would most likely end up with Tatsumi, Leone is out from the start, Najenda too, Akame seemed likely but as the series progressed on it is clear that she is more of a comrade/friendly rival. Esdeath was on par with Mine, but the author already made it clear that their though process (Edeath and Tatsumi) and personality was worlds apart it is beyond doubt that their pairing would be unnatural. Chelsea did not have too much of a show time with Tatsumi to establish any meaningful relationship before she was killed, same goes to the girl with glasses.
Viktor_OtakuApr 14, 2015 11:26 PM
Apr 15, 2015 3:04 AM

May 2014
Old_Raven said:

Yeah darklight doesn't seem to understand how a romance develops between two teenage kids, which is quite literally what Mine and Tatsumi are. Them poking fun at each other and arguing is precisely why the priest says that they have feelings for each other. This coupled with many other scenes that the posters have noted above is more than enough to act as a base for their romance. Darklight is yet to explain how the romance with Akame would have been better and how it should have developed into some masterpiece only he can see. You know cause that pairing wouldn't have been predictable at all /sarcasm.
Apr 21, 2015 4:23 PM
Oct 2014
Don't really care about that pairing, a bit excepted, but not too bad.
Apr 22, 2015 10:54 AM

Aug 2014
I don't understand it either... I love Tatsumi x Mine its my OTP in the series.
Aug 27, 2015 3:27 PM

Oct 2011
Since it's forced for example?

What we got so far for Tatsumi x Mein:
1. Bickering and dislike of each other.
2. Fighting together.
3. Fighting together..
4. Fighting together...
5. Fighting together.... and saving her sorry ass from Seryuu.
6. Confession? Did I miss anything?

Now let's take a look at Wave x Kurome developments;
1. First meeting
2. Fighting together
3. Helping each other out, outside of battle
4. Kurome comforting Wave, after Bols death
5. Wave making his mind to protect Kurome
6. She confides her fear of being killed for being weak and useless to him, and thanks him for his concern
7. Play chess together during their free time
8. Kurome is usually seen walking with Wave
9. Expresses real concern when Wave is near breaking point for the actions of Wild Hunt
10. Tending his wounds
11. Very grateful for him when he protected her from Syura

Can you see the difference in the developments? It's huge and not even worth comparing to each other. So Wave x Kurome is a believable pair, and Tatsumi x Mein is not since they have nothing in common and confession out of nowhere lol. one word can describe this pair exactly: "FORCED"!.

And you people are plain stupid, only assuming we don't like it cause Tatsumi choose Mein, I couldn't care less about it, but MAKE IT BELIEVABLE GODDAMNIT and not shove it our ass, because she is authors fav chara.

Darklight0303 said:

Pretty much that.

MilviBritannia said:
Old_Raven said:

Yeah darklight doesn't seem to understand how a romance develops between two teenage kids, which is quite literally what Mine and Tatsumi are. Them poking fun at each other and arguing is precisely why the priest says that they have feelings for each other. This coupled with many other scenes that the posters have noted above is more than enough to act as a base for their romance. Darklight is yet to explain how the romance with Akame would have been better and how it should have developed into some masterpiece only he can see. You know cause that pairing wouldn't have been predictable at all /sarcasm.

You seem to not understand romance between two teenagers. If for you love is something like: bicker with each other -> save each other, then you are either stupid or have no knowledge of how romance works in this world. I can bicker with my girl friend all day, so I am in love with her? go away with your ideology.
To make something clear, so you won't trash talk me I support other girl with him. I do not support Tatsumi with anyone!, I couldn't care less if he did end up with Mein in the end or not, BUT MAKE IT FUCKING BELIEVABLE, not toss it readers ass.

@Old_Raven
"What about when Mine was blushing watching Tatsumi do push ups with Lubbock after Bulat's death?"
Since when blushing does count as development? first i've heard of, so I wiill go and blush to a girl our of nowhere and I will raise a flag! hell yea...

"What about after Chelsea's death and she commented on Tatsumi's development of continuing on after losing a comrade? "
THIS IS THE ONLY VALID REASON I found in this topic which acts as development, rest is pure trash which wouldn't change anything in relationship.

Are only little kids on this forums? and shippers who are so desperate in defending their couple that they are blind to other things? I am dissapointed.
ArreitAug 27, 2015 3:47 PM
Aug 27, 2015 11:07 PM

Jan 2008
Raisken said:

2. Fighting together.
3. Fighting together..
4. Fighting together...

1. First meeting
2. Fighting together
6. She confides her fear of being killed for being weak and useless to him, and thanks him for his concern
9. Expresses real concern when Wave is near breaking point for the actions of Wild Hunt
10. Tending his wounds

Can you see the difference in the developments? It's huge and not even worth comparing to each other. So Wave x Kurome is a believable pair, and Tatsumi x Mein is not since they have nothing in common and confession out of nowhere lol. one word can describe this pair exactly: "FORCED"!.

^Good posting. Junchi declares his liking.
Use your brain before using your keyboard!
Sep 14, 2015 1:51 AM

May 2014
Raisken said:

2. Fighting together.
3. Fighting together..
4. Fighting together...

1. First meeting
2. Fighting together
10. Tending his wounds

And you people are plain stupid, only assuming we don't like it cause Tatsumi choose Mein, I couldn't care less about it, but MAKE IT BELIEVABLE GODDAMNIT and not shove it our ass, because she is authors fav chara.

Darklight0303 said:

Pretty much that.

MilviBritannia said:

You seem to not understand romance between two teenagers. If for you love is something like: bicker with each other -> save each other, then you are either stupid or have no knowledge of how romance works in this world. I can bicker with my girl friend all day, so I am in love with her? go away with your ideology.
To make something clear, so you won't trash talk me I support other girl with him. I do not support Tatsumi with anyone!, I couldn't care less if he did end up with Mein in the end or not, BUT MAKE IT FUCKING BELIEVABLE, not toss it readers ass.

@Old_Raven
"What about when Mine was blushing watching Tatsumi do push ups with Lubbock after Bulat's death?"
Since when blushing does count as development? first i've heard of, so I wiill go and blush to a girl our of nowhere and I will raise a flag! hell yea...

"What about after Chelsea's death and she commented on Tatsumi's development of continuing on after losing a comrade? "
THIS IS THE ONLY VALID REASON I found in this topic which acts as development, rest is pure trash which wouldn't change anything in relationship.

Are only little kids on this forums? and shippers who are so desperate in defending their couple that they are blind to other things? I am dissapointed.

Your post has a lot of rage for someone who calls others kids. It is pretty hilarious. I won't even bother to respond to your crap since I've done so on more than one occasion in more than one thread, and not only myself but a bunch of other forum posters have as well. Go back and read over it.

Mine x Tatsumi is not forced in any shape or form, read this forum again then come back and post <3 and for the love of God stay relaxed my dear "grown-up" friend. You don't have to agree with my point of view or like it for that matter but stop raging out on forums.

P.S. I'm in my late 20's so pretty sure I'm older than you :)
MilviBritanniaSep 14, 2015 2:24 AM
Jun 19, 2019 7:49 PM
Jan 2015
Obviously it's forced. Tatsumi and Mine were forced to br couple material. If you asked me, Tatsumi is better off with another girl. Mine is not a bad character, but she's definitely not best girl.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Should Akame ga Kill! get an anime reboot? ( 1 2 )

jeff_1 - Jan 12, 2017

68 by 01Corvette »»
Jan 13, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 80 Discussion (Volume 8, Extra)

Mana - Feb 24, 2017

6 by yKija »»
Dec 24, 2023 10:17 AM

» Manga compared to the anime

Pizzakiller23 - Sep 12, 2023

5 by Ri-iel »»
Sep 12, 2023 4:42 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 4 Discussion

notsureifsrs - May 8, 2012

7 by JavanyXD »»
Jun 9, 2023 5:30 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 70 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Junchi - Apr 20, 2016

71 by vclouted »»
Apr 25, 2023 6:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.