Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Abducted by Demons Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jun 24, 2012 2:27 PM
Jun 2012
Hi my name is Keiichi....

I just swung around an ax near a dead person, then dropped the ax in the blood of the dead person, then as someone thought I killed that person, I decided to CHASE THEM WITH THE BLOODY AX.

HI IM KEIICHI IM FUCKING SMART AS FUCK
Jun 27, 2012 12:02 PM

Jul 2010
Huh. Honestly, my first thought when the gas explosion happened was that the whole thing was just a delusion in Keiichi's head due to the gas. Re-thinking it though, it seems too far-fetched. I'm really not sure at this point, but at least a lot of the other pieces of the story have been put together. I'm assuming that since Keiichi was in the lake, he wasn't affected by the gas as heavily as others. Idk though..

Also, they keep saying in the show that Keiichi is of a 'noble' family.... I'm thinking that this somehow has to do with his privilege of being able to wish other peoples' deaths.
Jun 27, 2012 12:05 PM

Jul 2010
clannad4ever said:
ok this was BY FAR the ebst arc yet :D

i thought that the person wich survived was satoko not keiichi,so i was surprised :-)

I guess that this will end only when EVERYTHING will go perfect :-),and probably the good things will add up...

I would LOVE that, but sadly, I don't think this show is going to have a happy ending :/ It's drenched in too much sadness for that lol
Jul 19, 2012 1:24 AM

Jun 2012
What I think happened is that when he was pushed off of the bridge by Sotoka while he was in the middle of telling her that he wished for her to be happy, he felt betrayed and wished for everyone to die.

So, everyone dies, but he drops into the river and gets washed away unharmed.

Really freaky stuff.
Some parts of this post may be exaggerated.
Jul 19, 2012 8:23 PM

May 2012
He wishes for them to die, then it happens. What is this, Death Note? xD
Jul 19, 2012 11:56 PM

Jun 2012
im pretty sure the unanswered questions like what happened to rika, oishi, and miyo, will be answered later on...also they rose new questions like what is about maebara that is of noble descent? also it is possible to explain the death of the aunt...it seems satoshi killed her and used a druggie for the blame..therefore no story is told....no cops investigate...no one learns the truth....
Sep 15, 2012 10:14 PM

Feb 2012
babykeiji said:
Well, that's something unanswered. So far, we know that in this chapter, every time Keiichi wished for someone to die, it happens. And it is because of the Shrine God's curse or Satoshi?

I know now what happened to the arm of the sacred statue, etc etc.

What left unanswered is what happened to the uncle and why does Rika died?

Well, I have a speculation about what happened to the uncle. I think the uncle really died, but after Keiichi buried him, someone dug him up and TORTURED him. In episode 8, the first part of this chapter, we can see the uncle of Satoko floating in the river inside a garbage bag, right? And he was tortured with his entrails out and his fingers nailed.

Pretty much this, + I feel the same way about your speculation.
Sep 15, 2012 10:21 PM
Aug 2012
what? this anime is fucked up
Sep 15, 2012 10:27 PM

Jun 2012
PrinceJ said:
what? this anime is fucked up

you should watch school days....but download the blue ray version since its uncensored and has extra scenes they had to cut out
Sep 15, 2012 10:57 PM
Dec 2007
_retro_reactive said:
im pretty sure the unanswered questions like what happened to rika, oishi, and miyo, will be answered later on...also they rose new questions like what is about maebara that is of noble descent? also it is possible to explain the death of the aunt...it seems satoshi killed her and used a druggie for the blame..therefore no story is told....no cops investigate...no one learns the truth....
Since no one will ever tell you this in the anime, Maebara Keiichi's father is a pretty famous artist and has plenty of money. What he "draws" exactly is left unknown and it is hinted it's controversial, but it's hard to say since the game takes it tongue-in-cheek in that regard. Anyway technically Maebara is not of "noble descent" per-se, this was just Ooishi's way of showing his disgust at Keiichi's apparent (to him) disregard of consequences. Ooishi thought that since his parents are well off he thought he could do anything and get away with it. There's another incident related to Keiichi which is what leads Ooishi to have such low opinion on him, but you don't get to know that until Rena's arc.

Aside from that... basically Keiichi's just the son of a well-off artist.

Sep 15, 2012 11:09 PM

Jun 2012
lol i finished this quite some time ago :P
Sep 21, 2012 10:40 AM

Feb 2011
Epic chapter was epic . More crazy Keiichi
Nov 15, 2012 2:41 AM

Oct 2012
If his wish came true then why did Rika die??He has a very bad luck..Now he's the only one alive in Hinimazawa ..What could possibly happen in the next episode??
-------Only God will judge me --------

iSignature
Nov 18, 2012 9:37 AM
Jan 2012
Nice episode. I love to see Keiichi losing his mind.

_retro_reactive said:
you should watch school days....
You shouldn't recommend that shit to other people. :P
Jan 2, 2013 4:19 AM

Dec 2012
Here is my thought:

Jan 3, 2013 2:46 PM

Mar 2012
I'm starting to reaaally despise Keiichi! All the girls are pretty creepy when they go all evil, but he just seems stupid (imo). And yeah, he could be a wee bit more sly about carrying a giant axe about town and into a young girl's home...
Poor Rika </3
Aside from that, I'm still intruiged and confused, although picking up a couple of things. And I'm looking forward to what comes next, and getting the answers in Kai haha.
Feb 7, 2013 8:41 PM

Sep 2012
Everyone but Keichii dies. :( I wonder what the next episode has in store for us. I'm ready for a new arc.
Apr 1, 2013 12:09 PM

Jun 2010
"It's not like it's going to kill me if I go get some clothes first."

...REALLY?
Apr 21, 2013 12:21 AM

Sep 2009
Wow. I love the ending! ^^
nice one Keichii!
May 20, 2013 8:35 AM
Apr 2013
I liked the bit where he teleported to the other side of a metal railing
May 28, 2013 12:33 PM
Sep 2012
Oh keichii, it appears like you lose common sense as soon as you kill someone. His whole mental breakdown after he murdered the uncle did nothing but piss me off,it's not like anyone forced him to commit the murder so he has no one to blame but himself, also even without common sense I'm fairly sure the brain would still try and stop you from walking around town with a fucking axe and also picking up a bloody axe right next to a corpse and then swinging it around, therefore I conclude that keichii lost his brain after he killed the uncle.

"The common sense isn't strong in this one" - Master Yoda to Keichii
Jun 4, 2013 5:57 PM

Mar 2013
Funny, psychotic Keiichi isn't nearly as creepy as psychotic little girls.

I was quite happy with how that turned out, actually. When they said there was one survivor I thought it would be Satoko, but no, Keiichi... I'm happy with that. I like him. He's a victim of the circumstances, so I feel sorry for him. Well, I guess they're all victims of the circumstances... all tools of Oyashiro-sama, when it comes to the killings.
90s J-rock was our aesthetic peak.
Jul 2, 2013 5:57 PM
Jul 2013
Finally Keiichi survives an arc! I feel like each arc answers something about the previous arc or something like that, so I think by the end of the series, we will probably have most of the answers.

This stuff gets more psychotic every arc
Jul 29, 2013 9:02 PM

Feb 2011
Not my favourite arc so far. Psycho Keichi is a pain in the ass (he normally is, but in berserk mode, even more so).

I missed some gore, yeah looking at some corpse did seem interesting, but I needed to see good ol´violence.

Since I´m watching this dubbed by Exiled-Destiny, it did suck, I know the show didn´t, but the lame dub sucked, hard.
Aug 10, 2013 11:26 PM

May 2013
No bat? Try an axe.

So Irie, Ooishi, and Rika died. And Hinamizawa was destroyed.
This is because of Keiichi's wishing.

I am confused. But I heard there were Answer Arcs to these Question Arcs.
I expect an answer to all these unanswered questions.

Next arc, here I come!
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Aug 13, 2013 1:26 AM

Jun 2011
Stewiepwn said:

Studio Deen...

But Satoko seriously reminds me of Pain with he 'Almighty Push' xD
Oct 29, 2013 7:47 AM

Jun 2013
What I don't understand is why Keiichi hangs on to the wire with only one hand.. It's obvious knowledge that you can support yourself easier with two hands so why did he dangle around like "I don't give a f*** if this bitch makes me fall, as long as I look cool while hanging here"
This happens in movies as well and it's a tad bit annoying to see characters just give up like that.

As for the whole "volcanic gas accident" sitaution... Wut? Was everything just a dream for poor Keiichi or something like that? Perhaps he was in a state of coma or something and everything we saw was just a dream..
Nov 16, 2013 1:58 PM

Jun 2013
Lol yep there's no way a little girl could have pushed him off that bridge with all those rails... but lets just roll with it.

So Keiichi survived this arc, but still so many unanswered questions. Who killed Rika, where did the uncle's corpse disappear to and who was killed by Takano-san.

In case of Takano-san I'm guessing she always kills someone on the festival night then takes the body to the mountains and burns it so people think she died later.
Dec 30, 2013 12:49 AM

Jul 2008
Well that was sad, Keiichi was a walking death note and killed everyone.
Jan 16, 2014 3:41 PM

Aug 2013
I really can't predict what is going to happen in the next episode in this anime xD

The coach/doctor suicided himself... Seem way too odd to be true.

That corpse of Rika was gruesome. Keiichi failed with that axe :P

This time Keiichi didn't died. He was also the only survivor of the disaster. Ironically or not, he wished as he was falling that the whole should dissapear... Too much to be a coincidence. But it doesn't match with the other arc. He never wished that Tanako or the photographer should die. Even weirder, Mion was responsible of the death in the second arc.

There is that statue thing too. I remember that when they entered the temple in the second arc, the hand was also missing, so it isn't exclusive to the third arc. Maybe it will be linking all the story.

Also, there's those odd phrase that we hear at the end.''You lost youself in the shadow of time. What you're seeing is the space between the past and the future.'', I wonder what that mean. Is Keiichi trapped in a time loophole? Also is it Mion that is narrating at every episode ending?
minouneetzoeJan 16, 2014 3:46 PM
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 21, 2014 12:05 AM
May 2013
The curse is better than a death note ( if you know what I mean)
Mar 18, 2014 11:06 AM

Aug 2013
I tripped the biggest of balls when i heard there was one survivor
Yo
Apr 18, 2014 9:19 AM

Jun 2011
So is this the "Maebara Keiichi" that got pushed off the bridge? Oh well, onto the next arc. It kind of sucks to have to wait for another 10+ episodes to clear up this confusion.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 23, 2014 1:21 PM
Feb 2013
Okay, so the possessed one this time was Keiichi and instead of him dying, everyone else did. And the reason that the statue is missing a hand is because of a bad game of hide and go seek. Somehow the little questions are being answered while the bigger questions are just piling up. This is certainly a one of a kind show.

Edit: I just realize that Keiichi wished everyone to die at the end, so maybe he really was possessed.
Apr 25, 2014 7:06 AM

Apr 2013
So only that little prick survived... Guess he was cursed, but it doesn't explain Rika's death and we don't know, what really happened to the Uncle. However, it still was nice to see, that this time it wasn't the girls turning all crazy and killing Keiichi.

I sure hope, those speculated Answer Arcs really do answer all the questions, because I have no clue how and what exactly is going on. But I'm optimistic, everybody says everything will be clear by watching 2nd season.
Apr 28, 2014 8:07 AM

Jan 2014
Man, it seems that Studio Deen pleases to mock us with all this mindraping.

During the last 2 episodes, I stopped to ask myself why.
This seems so unlogical.
So the only thing I'll do, while waiting for responses, will be look at the common things that recurr in every arc, and keep them in mind.
But I've noticed that more arcs are into here, and more directly the protagonists recall what they learned from the previous arcs.
I think this is a loophole thing.
From the same link and the same start, as the choices change, we get to see the possible futures, which can never conclude themselves with everyone alive, someone always dies.
May 4, 2014 6:22 AM

Jan 2014
ikazuuyr said:
Stewiepwn said:

Studio Deen...

But Satoko seriously reminds me of Pain with he 'Almighty Push' xD

lol...she is very strong for a little girl
Jun 19, 2014 1:24 PM
Jun 2014
I don't think any of that happened. I think all of that happened was within his dream. The fact that he practically had the ability to use the curse himself seems more like an ability he would give himself and not really happen. I think all that happened was the explosion happened and everyone died but him and everything that happened was his dreams or possibly that everything after he murdered the uncle was a dream and that is why he came back and everyone died
Aug 4, 2014 2:37 PM

Nov 2013
the real question is how did keiichi fall through the fucking bridge railing?
Aug 10, 2014 2:45 PM

Jun 2013
Everyone died except Keiichi, who is this guy ? Haruhi ?
It's logical to want this town eradicate (she's so creepy) but all the villagers must be killed too ? Anyway the death isn't very important since these guys can do what they want even after being killed, they're so incorrigible...
Sep 23, 2014 3:36 PM

Aug 2013
Ok, I know one thing - I know nothing.
Ok there are things that connecting every arc and making one story, but in the other side... Everything is senseless.
I have a feeling that this is a some kind of timeloop (endless eight? Everything is happening in every possible way)
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 31, 2014 1:26 AM

Nov 2013
WHY DID RIKA DIE?!

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE UNCLE?!

WHY DID THE TV TURN OFF AT THE END?!

WHY DID EVERYONE KEIICHI WANTED DEAD END UP DEAD?!

MINDFUCKING PLOTS!

Oct 31, 2014 1:27 AM

Nov 2013
Stewiepwn said:
Yeah that made no fucking sense. Studio Deen didn't think that through at all.

Nov 23, 2014 11:38 AM

Jun 2014
Very interesting arc.
I'm still trying to figure out what the constants and vairable between each story.
Nice to learn what happen when someone is possessed by the demon.
Dec 17, 2014 5:47 PM

Nov 2014
PLOT HOLES ! PLOT HOLES EVERYWHERE ! meh -_-

*sigh although this chapter had finally brought back the 'scary/thrilling' atmosphere which the last chapter lacked imo, but the final execution in this episode was so messed up. why there were so many questions left unanswered ? The first chapter is still my favorite
Dec 29, 2014 12:03 AM

Dec 2014
Why?...
Jan 27, 2015 9:03 PM

Jan 2014
wow i actually enjoyed this episode :o like it didn't make me want to punch my screen
too bad it's the end of the arc though

ChaoticSilence said:
Stewiepwn said:
Yeah that made no fucking sense. Studio Deen didn't think that through at all.

lol cant believe i didnt catch that
Mar 22, 2015 4:26 AM
Nov 2014
That ending gave me goosebumps.

Atleast he didn't die this time lel.
Mar 25, 2015 1:37 PM

Jun 2013
As soon as they were standing over the river I knew someone was gonna fall... but the railing is totally secure, right? How did she manage that?
Mar 27, 2015 1:52 AM

Nov 2011
Damn, that ending ruled, he wished for the whole town to disappear and they did so he has to live with the guilt for the rest of his life.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 14, 2008

147 by CutieAnshin »»
May 11, 11:01 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tekky99 - Mar 14, 2008

268 by walgreenscanada »»
Apr 13, 9:49 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 16, 2008

171 by Extremo888 »»
Mar 27, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 16, 2008

142 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 21, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Voltlighter - Dec 28, 2007

148 by Ratris_Decision »»
Feb 4, 12:14 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.