Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (32) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Apr 4, 2015 10:21 AM

Oct 2013
CookingPriest said:
Caliburn220 said:

Miura just goes out of his way to ruin things. This isn't even a case of him not "getting" the story, he's straight up altering scenes for no reason.

%This.

I already pointed out how he altered Shirou being proactive with RIn scnees in first cour.
This is the same.

Your "already pointed" cancels one feature in personality of Shirou: he is very dense.
I am Hatedmainofanime. More no one.

Oct 2014
Btw a VN track played at the start. It was Sorrow

Jun 2014
The roll, I'll say this again, looked cool.
Apr 4, 2015 10:22 AM

Oct 2013
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
survivor_hero said:

Badass, awesome, amazing? Nasu or anyone else in Ufo.
Boring, pathetic? Miura.

Nope i am annoyed at the person who thought of changing this scene be it Miura or Nasu. Since this was indeed a badass scene.

I know it. It's that all error is of Miura for some viewers.
Apr 4, 2015 10:22 AM
Aug 2012
Grey-Zone said:
Caliburn220 said:
Throughout the adaptation Shirou has been made out to be a typical shounen screaming rash idiot, and the roll only exemplifies that.

If he had been portrayed properly the roll would be acceptable.

Except from the outside, Shirou has been always like that, even in the VN.

No not really............the anime goes out it's way to make that 10X more bad.

That's not how a character is supposed to be portrayed.......several VN/LN/Manga adaptations suffer because of this same shitty mistake.

Apr 4, 2015 10:24 AM

Oct 2013
astroprogs said:
Are you people actively looking for mistakes now?

The fall is REALISTIC. No matter how athletic or agile you are, normal people will slip and fall flat on their faces trying to get to the ones they love most before they get slaughtered.

Explain it for Fai, Astro. Before that some new viewers believe him.
Apr 4, 2015 10:25 AM

Jul 2007
astroprogs said:
Are you people actively looking for mistakes now?

The fall is REALISTIC. No matter how athletic or agile you are, normal people will slip and fall flat on their faces trying to get to the ones they love before they get slaughtered.

If he was not made into buttmonkey for whole 12 episodes, sure.

Now it looks naruto.
Apr 4, 2015 10:25 AM
Dec 2013
Caliburn220 said:
Grey-Zone said:
Actually I like this addition. It got a bit strange how in fiction every "move" is always successful. It's a nice touch to show that Shirou is still a human after all.

Not to mention you have to decide. If you say "people will notice it", then I say "people will notice Shirou blocking Lancers attacks in EP0".

Throughout the adaptation Shirou has been made out to be a typical shounen screaming rash idiot, and the roll only exemplifies that.

apart from the missing monologues he really isn't that different in this adaption
And you just can't have too much of them in anime this isn't a freaking book

And all this roll discussion is just silly
just crazy nitpicking why can't you guys just enjoy this (not perfect but really good) adaption?
Nothing groundbreaking was changed so far
Apr 4, 2015 10:26 AM

Oct 2014
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Grey-Zone said:

That's not how a character is supposed to be portrayed.......several VN/LN/Manga adaptations suffer because of this same shitty mistake.

"out it's way"? The instances that happened that I can personally remember where:

1. Ryuudou temple

wait that's it...

Jul 2007
Journey_95 said:
Caliburn220 said:

apart from the missing monologues he really isn't that different in this adaption

Every single scene where he is with rin was changed.
his behavior is unclear in temple and VERY unclear in prologue
There's no indication of him being calculating.
All his pro-active dominant Shirou/Rin moments and trolling are gone.
Taiganapping blame is pinned onto him.

SUURE.

Oct 2013
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Grey-Zone said:

What? Do you are saying that Shirou not have nothing in VN for hating him?

I can really to like Shirou, but I'm not a fanboy for to think all act and action him amazing or badass and that in some moments he not is very idiot (even that while reader I understand).
Apr 4, 2015 10:27 AM

Oct 2014
Journey_95 said:
Caliburn220 said:

For the 5000000th time no one wants a walking monologue machine.
Apr 4, 2015 10:27 AM

Aug 2010
CookingPriest said:

Now it looks naruto.

Shirou had bad presentation moments in the 1st cour, yeah, but this one isn't one of those moments.
Apr 4, 2015 10:29 AM

Mar 2015
astroprogs said:
CookingPriest said:

Now it looks naruto.

Shirou had bad presentation moments in the 1st cour, yeah, but this one isn't one of those moments.

"Moments" don't exist in a vacuum. The roll is stupid because of Shirou's bad characterization in the first cour.
Apr 4, 2015 10:29 AM

Jul 2007
Caliburn220 said:
astroprogs said:

"Moments" don't exist in a vacuum. The roll is stupid because of Shirou's bad characterization in the first cour.

^This.

Even taiganapping situation would not be taken the way it was taken if his characterization to that point was correct.
Apr 4, 2015 10:31 AM
Aug 2012
Grey-Zone said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

"out it's way"? The instances that happened that I can personally remember where:

1. Ryuudou temple

wait that's it...

Along with getting manhandled by Rin on some occasions.

Along with being shown to be totally dense on a few occasions.

Hey "Show not tell" can be done the other way too but someone choose not to do it.

Seriously a few minutes wasted on monologues for the MC could have avoided all this but we have a certain someone to thank for that.

I can only hope it's Nasu since Miura is totally not at fault. But whoever did that original scene of Shirou and Ayaka talk gets my praise.

survivor_hero said:

I can really to like Shirou, but I'm not a fanboy for to think all act and action him amazing or badass and that in some moments he not is very idiot (even that while reader I understand).

Yes keep the idiot but present it like it is rather than making the idiot part prominent. He has been shown to be calculative and have good intuitions not to mention changing his "Moments of awesomeness"................why get change those and make the character look just idiotic on occasions.
Dragon_Slayer_XApr 4, 2015 10:35 AM

Apr 4, 2015 10:33 AM

Oct 2013
CookingPriest said:
Journey_95 said:

Every single scene where he is with rin was changed. Not so much, but okay
his behavior is unclear in temple and VERY unclear in prologue your opinion
There's no indication of him being calculating. I see it just once or twice in VN routes
All his pro-active dominant Shirou/Rin moments and trolling are gone. he is very dense even in VN
Taiganapping blame is pinned onto him. your opinion

SUURE.
Apr 4, 2015 10:34 AM

Oct 2014
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

You are correct, I was solely refering to the "screaming aspect".

The points you mention each only have one valid scene too though, which totals to...

Apr 4, 2015 10:35 AM

Oct 2014
Counter Guardian is "Protectors" in the aniplex subs...
Apr 4, 2015 10:35 AM

Aug 2010
Caliburn220 said:

It really isn't. His characterization in the 1st cour has nothing to do with the animation of this fall. It makes perfect sense in it.

CookingPriest said:

Even taiganapping situation would not be taken the way it was taken if his characterization to that point was correct.

Not necessarily. If they added some of the monologues, or even just fixed the strings, the scene would've come out perfectly.

It seems you guys want Shirou to act more like a shounen protagonist, which is ironic as hell lol.
Apr 4, 2015 10:36 AM

Oct 2013
nocorras said:
Journey_95 said:

Really?

Aug 2014
nocorras said:
Counter Guardian is "Protectors" in the aniplex subs...

Actually sometimes they use the term "Guardian" rather than "Counter-Guardian" so I can see why they'd mistranslate as "Protectors".

Oct 2014
survivor_hero said:
nocorras said:

Really?

I don't know why people keep using the same strawman, it has been refuted numerous times.
Apr 4, 2015 10:37 AM

Oct 2014
Also the subs talk about him being betrayed by his ideals and cleaning up messes. He learned it's futile pretty quickly.
Apr 4, 2015 10:38 AM

Oct 2013
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Grey-Zone said:

1. Ryuudou temple

wait that's it...

Hey "Show not tell" can be done the other way too but someone choose not to do it.

Seriously a few minutes wasted on monologues for the MC could have avoided all this but we have a certain someone to thank for that.

I can only hope it's Nasu since Miura is totally not at fault. But whoever did that original scene of Shirou and Ayaka talk gets my praise.

survivor_hero said:

Yes keep the idiot but present it like it is rather than making the idiot part prominent. He has been shown to be calculative and have good intuitions not to mention changing his "Moments of awesomeness"................why get change those and make the character look just idiotic on occasions.

But Shirou is a character in development in all the senses, right? Like someone is developed if only have badass and cool scenes?
Apr 4, 2015 10:40 AM

Oct 2014
The interviews even mentioned that Shirou's development is INTENTIONALLY (i.e. Nasu wanted it) stretched out. It therefore makes quite a lot of sense that he is less developed in the anime compared to the VN.

We will only get the whole picture once the anime ends. Can people please stop the bickering until then?
Aug 2012
Grey-Zone said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

You are correct, I was solely refering to the "screaming aspect".

The points you mention each only have one valid scene too though, which totals to...

Didn't you remember 1 before.........?

Also not only 1, look again.

Aug 2010
Seeing how they're treating Shirou this time around, I't's obvious they sticking to the "coming of age" concept, which can only mean good news for Shirou's characterization in the future episodes.

Edit: Ninja'd by Grey-Zone :D

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
Suzune-chanApr 4, 2015 2:32 PM
Apr 4, 2015 10:42 AM

Oct 2014
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Didn't you remember 1 before.........?

Also not only 1, look again.

I was only talking about the "screaming" aspect in that post. And yes, I am pretty sure that there were only 1 instance of each complain, maybe some may have had 2 instances that I could have overlooked. Still It's not as apocalyptic as some make it out to be, also again THE INTERVIEW.
Apr 4, 2015 10:43 AM

Oct 2013
nocorras said:
survivor_hero said:

Really?

I don't know why people keep using the same strawman, it has been refuted numerous times.

I know that was refuted many times. It's just that

- 10 pages (being kind here) in various threads discussing about it.

- To say that 2 lines of monologues or dialogues (and many others statements this genre) in episodes would do this adaptation of a 6~7~8/10 for a 9/10.

Not much help.
Apr 4, 2015 10:44 AM

Jul 2007
astroprogs said:

Seeing how they're treating Shirou this time around, I't's obvious they sticking to the "coming of age" concept, which can only mean good news for Shirou's characterization in the future episodes.

Problem is. It really is not "coming of age story".

Shirou is adult in teen's body. He just needs to figure out WHAT to do with what he knows and what he believes.

He does not begin as imbecile and develop into someone.
He starts as someone is challenged by obstacles and then readjusts himself.

Again. BACKSTORY=/= Characterization.

Learning his backstory and depth won't fix him stumbling around like a fool

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
Suzune-chanApr 4, 2015 2:33 PM
Apr 4, 2015 10:46 AM

Oct 2014
CookingPriest said:
astroprogs said:

^This.

Shirou is adult in teen's body. He just needs to figure out WHAT to do with what he knows and what he believes.

What does characterization have to do with physical abilities?
Apr 4, 2015 10:48 AM

Aug 2010
CookingPriest said:
astroprogs said:

^This.

"Coming of age" doesn't neceserly mean he has to begin as an imbicile, it just means that he matures through the progress of the story.
Him "readjusting" himself IS "coming of age".
Apr 4, 2015 10:49 AM

Oct 2013
astroprogs said:
CookingPriest said:

"Coming of age" doesn't neceserly mean he has to begin as an imbicile, it just means that he matures through the progress of the story.

Someone explain me why to be a younger nor maturity is imbicile?
Apr 4, 2015 10:51 AM

Mar 2013
People here sure love eroge.
Apr 4, 2015 10:53 AM

Aug 2013
Oh wow, lol, Shirou, you're such a smooth talker, blurting out casually that he love her. Dat's ma boi. It's mana time! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

A lot happened in that episode. I somehow didn't remembered that it was so fast paced in the VN, but it was indeed. There is still a lot material to adapt. I'm staying HYPED! :D

The fight was pretty cool, though short. I mean, that was to be expected, since Archer was planning to betray her. No need to make the fight last long.
Shirou was pretty badass when he came to save her. I just love seeing him spawn swords out of nowhere.

We now know what is Caster real identity. You might want to search for more information OR they will probably explain it later on (at least, I hope). Well, it's not much of a spoiler, since it's mostly related to history and doesn't have much impact on the story. But I'd suggest to just wait.

I really prefer the new OP to the first one. I think it just give more of a FS/N vibe.

You know what, I'm continuing my episodic albums, whether you like it or not! :D
So here's the episode album : http://imgur.com/a/Vjy1o
And here's the Rin album of this episode : http://imgur.com/a/B4rRx
minouneetzoeApr 4, 2015 11:11 AM
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Apr 4, 2015 10:55 AM

Jul 2007
astroprogs said:
CookingPriest said:

Except Miura clearly states that SHirou is talentless broken idiot who seems like he would never mature.

And him stumbling around and fucking up sounds more like being a dense idiot than "maturing".

And that is not the Shirou I like and certainly not Shirou/Rin I hold as my top favorite pairing.
Apr 4, 2015 10:58 AM

Oct 2014
I like the episode after seeing the subs. Archer states that he wants to be on the winning side.

Rin thanks Shirou for saving her.
Apr 4, 2015 11:00 AM

Oct 2013
CookingPriest said:
astroprogs said:

Except Miura clearly states that SHirou is talentless broken idiot who seems like he would never mature.

And him stumbling around and fucking up sounds more like being a dense idiot than "maturing".

And that is not the Shirou I like and certainly not Shirou/Rin I hold as my top favorite pairing.

And you continues quoting of the worst way possible any info about Miura...and many viewers think amazing and badass this scene...Rejoice a little, Fai. You can.
Apr 4, 2015 11:00 AM
Aug 2012
Well putting all these aside, i still have hope foe a certain Best Bro scene that i don't to be changed in the slightest.

Can the Holy Grail grant my wish?

Apr 4, 2015 11:03 AM

Jul 2007
nocorras said:
I like the episode after seeing the subs. Archer states that he wants to be on the winning side.

Tone of the words and the context of it wer enot good enough

Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Well putting all these aside, i still have hope foe a certain Best Bro scene that i don't to be changed in the slightest.

Grail is Miura.
Mar 2014
I like the OP more than the rest of the show. Things look like they might pick up soon, though..

Aug 2014
damastah said:

The usual live stream shenanigans and that as soon as this thread got unblocked for posting, people went to work.

Now that I think about it, how can they make the thread before the episode is finished, that's breaking their own rules.
I should report this.
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

Probably.
Apr 4, 2015 11:05 AM

Oct 2013
I love like graveyard scene is in VN...But the way that this was in the anime too was very good...was like if were first time they were being sincere one with the other, nor masks or anything, just being sincere with your feelings and fears...
Apr 4, 2015 11:08 AM

Aug 2010
CookingPriest said:

Can you link me that quote? I remember he said that he's talentless and broken, but i don't remember him saying the "Shirou never maturing" part.
Apr 4, 2015 11:09 AM

Jun 2014
Insertanamehere said:
damastah said:

The usual live stream shenanigans and that as soon as this thread got unblocked for posting, people went to work.

Now that I think about it, how can they make the thread before the episode is finished, that's breaking their own rules.
I should report this.

Luna made the thread like 20 minutes before supposed to. AAAAND, Stark700 got to post WHILE IT WAS LOCKED. Y'all in the club knew of my plan to make this thread right? Yet I got ninja'd by a damn restricted via lock thread which got unlocked only 1-2 secs after livestream ended.

Ep2's thread now exists too btw. >_<
Apr 4, 2015 11:10 AM

Oct 2013
astroprogs said:
CookingPriest said:

Can you link me that quote? I remember he said that he's talentless and broken, but i don't remember him saying the "Shirou never maturing" part.

It's like he read the interviews....
Apr 4, 2015 11:10 AM

Jul 2007
astroprogs said:
CookingPriest said:

9) Miura sees this anime as Shirou's coming-of-age story. Also, from Nasu, Miura got the impression that Shirou is such an unwavering character that you think he never grows or matures.
^implying he has to mature or grow up.
Pages (32) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 11, 2015

1719 by icim_fitto »»
Apr 27, 4:58 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 13, 2015

1574 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 17, 2015

1448 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 9:40 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 9, 2015

1316 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 9:35 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1282 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 16, 7:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.