Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 20, 2016 10:30 AM
Apr 2014
I just want this to be published in English so I can always admire the great Rudeus-sama.

God fucking damn it, it's been almost a year since I finished reading it and it's still the best story i've ever come across.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Aug 11, 2016 10:14 AM

Sep 2012
Done reading it for a while.

Overall was a very good but I didnt enjoy the end as much as other people here. It felt underwhelming and rushed with so much unexploited stuff ・・・・・・

Will see what the author is planning to do with the additional chapters later on.
Jan 3, 2017 10:37 PM
Dec 2015
I haven't felt this feeling... this emptiness after a good series ended for years.
Overall, it's so great that I make it the best in my list.
Well, except the ending bothers me so much. I'm not a huge fan looking at the main character lives a satisfied life and pass away peacefully. It bothers me no matter what. Since Sylphy is 1/4 elf so I don't think she is going to live for about 200 years, but Roxy will live for one hell of long time. Additional, Rudeus is now gone and who knows what schemes Hitogami prepares for his family. And thanks alot Hitogami, for saying there's no afterlife.
Anyway, it's a great show, despite the ending.
Apr 11, 2017 12:04 PM
Sep 2015
So apparently there were volume 24 illustrations for the Afterlife chapter. Has anyone been able to find them?
May 29, 2017 8:30 PM

Oct 2016
Ending is unsatisfying af. The MC is only 20 years old but it felt like his life's purpose is over. All this about fate and whatnot makes his entire biography seem more like a prologue to something bigger, when the whole series is 24 volumes already. A conversation with his future self hinted that he could achieve so much more but it never seemed to have manifested in this timeline.
Feb 20, 2021 12:29 PM

Jul 2017
Finally finished this series. I was really mixed on the series for a good part, but the more I read it, the more I got into it. Felt like a breeze while binging the volumes and I have to say, was fairly attached to the story by the end. Kind of gave me that feel with stories like Major for baseball where you really get hit with the feels when seeing the whole journey and how the main character and the others grow and bond together over decades.

It was nice seeing the reincarnation for Rudeus' life turn out to be a really damn good one. Sure in a way, you can look at the story as wish fulfillment since it is to a degree. But the amount of effort that was put into constructing his lifestory from beginning till end was still really pleasant, and to see him achieve many things, have three wives that he dearly loves and vice versa and have kids with all of them in a household together is quite something special. Sure he's a pervert but he's someone that's won the hearts of many, many people with what he's accomplished, right from the beginning of his reincarnated life with putting in the effort to study magic through reading books and learning the languages early on. Was quite the eccentric but fun journey to witness overall.
animejasFeb 20, 2021 3:00 PM
Mar 6, 2021 12:47 PM
Feb 2020
Good read, ate up 2 weeks of my time like it was nothing
Jun 28, 2021 1:41 PM
Mar 2021
Good ending I'm bored now
Nov 17, 2021 10:38 AM

Jul 2017
animejas said:
Finally finished this series. I was really mixed on the series for a good part, but the more I read it, the more I got into it. Felt like a breeze while binging the volumes and I have to say, was fairly attached to the story by the end. Kind of gave me that feel with stories like Major for baseball where you really get hit with the feels when seeing the whole journey and how the main character and the others grow and bond together over decades.

It was nice seeing the reincarnation for Rudeus' life turn out to be a really damn good one. Sure in a way, you can look at the story as wish fulfillment since it is to a degree. But the amount of effort that was put into constructing his lifestory from beginning till end was still really pleasant, and to see him achieve many things, have three wives that he dearly loves and vice versa and have kids with all of them in a household together is quite something special. Sure he's a pervert but he's someone that's won the hearts of many, many people with what he's accomplished, right from the beginning of his reincarnated life with putting in the effort to study magic through reading books and learning the languages early on. Was quite the eccentric but fun journey to witness overall.

Reread the whole series (except Redundancy and the other side stories) and man, this hit a lot more now. Short but sweet, an excellent wrapup for Rudeus' journey. He lived a simple life after 24 since Hitogami gave up and we're getting Redundancy side stories anyway plus some extra ones potentially in the light novels, so I'm satisfied with this end (especially with Rudeus' life written and explored on in great detail like a Wikipedia page of him). Incredible series now for me rather than just a good one, and these final few volumes really sealed it for me as one of my favorite all-time series when there was a stretch of good but not amazing volumes for a bit. I'm gonna really reading this after the side stories.

I do plan on another re-read though. This time, when the LNs are finally all released in English years down the line. I'll at least have the anime to carry that for the next few years if Bind really commits with this past the first season.
Nov 23, 2021 4:38 AM

Oct 2019
Scholek said:
The ending snuck up on me. I was thinking there would be something like 3-7 more volumes or something. BAMN there it is. I'm tingling in anticipation of the translations.

You can read the Extra volume my guy.
Nov 23, 2021 4:42 AM

Oct 2019
Germs_N_Spices said:
Ending is unsatisfying af. The MC is only 20 years old but it felt like his life's purpose is over. All this about fate and whatnot makes his entire biography seem more like a prologue to something bigger, when the whole series is 24 volumes already. A conversation with his future self hinted that he could achieve so much more but it never seemed to have manifested in this timeline.

Nah dude, you can read the Extra Volume. That will give you some of the things you might be looking for. Including
May 4, 2022 11:11 AM

Oct 2021
Just finished the WN Vol 24. The ending was very satisfying and fitting for this masterpiece. 10/10

Next to read are the Redundancy chapters.
May 6, 2022 3:45 AM
Jan 2021
Okay,Web novel is over...But,Is light novel over??I saw ‘publishing’ on MAL...Why isn't there a ‘Completed’ tag in it?
May 6, 2022 8:20 AM

Jul 2017
AnIFoRLiFe said:
Okay,Web novel is over...But,Is light novel over??I saw ‘publishing’ on MAL...Why isn't there a ‘Completed’ tag in it?

Web novel version is finished but light novel version isn't yet. It's close to adapting all the web novels to proper, edited books but isn't quite done yet. So that's why it's still listed as ongoing here.
May 7, 2022 9:33 AM
Jan 2021
animejas said:
AnIFoRLiFe said:

Web novel version is finished but light novel version isn't yet. It's close to adapting all the web novels to proper, edited books but isn't quite done yet. So that's why it's still listed as ongoing here.
😯Ooooooo......Now I understand....How many volume are there in LN right now?
Thanks For the information
May 29, 2022 11:01 AM

Sep 2012
what END LN is still ongoing so i am sure rudy gets resurrected if not its SH ending and i hope anime goes different rout, i accept only happy endings for MC reason i didn't watch Code Geass, watched final EP a bit, tragic endings for me are garbage and make the hole story garbage

unless he dies old age, but if ppl are talking about WN end i say this: UR IN THE WRONG DISCUSSION its LN discussion not WN discussion

i end watching the series when he gets married to all 3 girls to avoid this BS
Sugram22May 30, 2022 2:06 AM
Jul 18, 2022 2:16 PM

Jul 2017
Finished Mushoku 2 months ago so I'm a bit late, but what an amazing ride and magical experience, I never thought I would enjoy a series so much, sad to see Eris and Rudeus go, his departure was executed masterfully, but death is a fact of life.

I'm still happy we're gonna get a sequel someday I wanna see more of my favorite characters like Ruijerd, Orsted and Sieg, new characters as well such as Luicelia and Ferris so I'm very excited, this is not the end.

One thing I gotta say though Orsted's deck is too stacked against Hitogami so hopefully that's balanced out more in the sequel, I want him to put up a solid fight, I want him a looming threat not pathetic as it ruins the tension. Hopefully, Rifujin also ups the stakes and emotional impact by having more deaths as that's one of the glaring flaws of the last third of the series, but I get this story was more about sol and family-building.

I'm almost done with Redundancy, after that I'm very looking forward to ODT, I heard too much praise.
Dec 13, 2022 6:59 AM

Nov 2018
After nearly a year of reading the WN, I've finally finished reading it. Oh my god what a read and what a journey to get to the end, definitely my favorite isekai story ever. I look forward to the upcoming seasons of the anime, there is a shitload to look forward to being animated.

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Jan 16, 2023 6:21 PM
Dec 2009
All this build up, all those detailed scenes and characters, just to be ended so abruptly? The last chapter, where whole 50 years of Rudeus' life are condensed in nothing but few paragraphs with absolutely no milestones or achievements whatsoever is such a huge disappointment for me. Not sure I will be looking forwards for more content, given how this massive novel shut down.
Feb 3, 8:29 AM

Jul 2017
Finished the final volume of Mushoku Tensei (the official English version) and it was glorious and emotionally satisfying to read through (even though I did read the web novels in the past). I was worried that certain things would be left out from the web novels but it was all there and I had such a rush of nostalgia reading it all again. With the 2nd part of season 2 releasing in a couple months, I'm excited to get more MT down the line but it is bittersweet to see the novels come this far. At least there is Redundancy (or Redundant Reincarnation based on the official English title) to come soon officially. Since I did follow the individual light novel volumes releasing in English for a long time, I'll count this as completing the novels for the 3rd time. Still so great.

One of the few light novel series to get a really satisfying end and honestly with getting the full proper version in English this time, I feel perfectly satisfied with how everything concluded for Rudeus' main story with the epilogue with Man-God and the prologue showing the events that took place before he got reincarnated (especially since I do know Redundancy helps explore some of extra background and missing parts that might have been there if this volume was truly the final entry of MT).
animejasFeb 3, 8:34 AM
Mar 20, 1:30 PM

Oct 2020
I finally finished the series. I was somewhat reticent to read the last volume as I’d unintentionally read a spoiler on Wikipedia about Rudy dying at the end, but in reality that bit is sort-of a dream so it wasn’t as depressing as I’d expected. Eris already having died of old age was a gut punch though.

I liked that it gave us some closure on the Man-God fight, that said I had been hoping there would be some last minute time travel shenanigans where they needed Rudeus and Eris to help in the final battle against Laplace and the Man-God. I know the point of the series wasn’t really for Rudeus to be involved in that fight, but I was still think it would have been cool.

The final battle with Badigadi in the Zero suit was really epic though, especially as Eris got to deliver the final blow. I do wonder if we’ll ever get to see that in the anime, at the speed they’re going I think I’ll probably have died of old age like Rudeus before they get there! 😂

Overall, I’m really glad I read the series, I will most likely re-read it again from time to time when the urge takes me, which is always as sign of how much I liked something.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» So about the ending [SPOILER ALERT]

NiQ1 - Mar 4

11 by Arkaniet »»
Apr 23, 7:01 AM

» why the LN changed volume numbers?

TierraRobada - Feb 29

1 by Roy2Epic »»
Mar 1, 3:34 AM

» "Mushoku Tensei" LN Series by Yuka Fujikawa, Rifujin na Magonote has 14.85 million copies (including Manga, Spin-offs, Digital) in circulation.

deg - Feb 21

15 by _gt_ohn »»
Feb 29, 6:30 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Volume 11 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Aug 8, 2014

17 by TierraRobada »»
Feb 23, 1:32 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Chapter 3 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Aug 5, 2014

4 by hisokabutsad »»
Jan 13, 6:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.