Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Apr 7, 2015 1:44 AM

Apr 2013
wtf this is awful.
Kyon now looks like Kirito , apparently.
lllllllllApr 7, 2015 2:01 AM
Apr 7, 2015 2:56 AM

Sep 2008
after 5 minutes of watching this I already wanted to scratch my eyes out....like seriously....i know i should give the new series a chance but art style and whole feel of it is just turning me...might put this on hold and watch it all in one go :(
Apr 7, 2015 4:05 AM
Jul 2018
This wasn't really good and not funny at all. Even Kyon isn't Kyon we all know. Well, I will be watching it, but I don't think it will get better.
Apr 7, 2015 4:12 AM

Oct 2010
I disliked the episode, nothing compares to the original.
My favorite part was when Suzumiya showed up, the rest was awful.
Apr 7, 2015 4:48 AM
Jun 2012
Wasn't bad, but the characters are all pretty boring. Kyon is still fun, but Yuki is boring and Mikuru has always been boring. I'm impressed that they managed to make Kyon relatively the same personality-wise.
Apr 7, 2015 5:16 AM

Nov 2013
Pretty funny I guess, Lol at Nagato's new personality.

No need to be so harsh on this people. Art style and story has changed, of course. This is a spin off. So we shouldn't really compare it with the original series and want a close similarity. We should see this from a different perspective, separate from the original one.

For me, it feels like reading a humor doujinshi version of Haruhi.
Apr 7, 2015 5:27 AM

Jul 2012
jejehartadi said:
No need to be so harsh on this people. Art style and story has changed, of course. This is a spin off. So we shouldn't really compare it with the original series and want a close similarity. We should see this from a different perspective, separate from the original one.
"In the past few months since we met, I've shared many memories with Nagato. Though I've also shared memories with Haruhi, Asahina-san and Koizumi, I found that I've experienced more events with Nagato in particular. In fact, every situation seems to involve her. I might as well mention this, she's probably the only person to cause the bell within me to shake the most vigorously..." ~ Kyon, TMOSH
Apr 7, 2015 5:52 AM

Sep 2011
They really botched anything they could botch...
I like Yuki's new artwork and Asakura's presence (liked her in the source material as well), but Kyon's redesign, the forced feeling of the first episode, the unfunny comedy, the total different character of Yuki...
I know it's a spin off and that it's not the same, but even so....
Apr 7, 2015 6:13 AM
Apr 2013
Damnit!! Yuki-chan is way too damn cute, nearly died IRL from overdose
Apr 7, 2015 6:23 AM
Jul 2014
It was so boring and awful.
Apr 7, 2015 7:03 AM

Oct 2012
Banzai! xD

I'm so glad
I missed them all so much
Kyon, Sugita-sama, Haruhi, Aya Hirano-sama, Mikuru (Beammu), Gotouza-sama, Koizumi, OnoD
Everyone! Hnnngggg

I'm looking forward for Sasaki's anime debut! (Finally?)

[size=150]Note :
I don't get some people thought, I mean you can check the manga first.. right? That way you can know if it's boring or not beforehand.
It's just that simple
[/size]

aerithclode said:
I dont like Kyon's voice

This is the definition of Blasphemy!
Bow down to our Gintok- I mean Sugita-sama
xD
Rayl1ghtApr 7, 2015 7:26 AM
"Signature removed"
Apr 7, 2015 9:06 AM

Nov 2011
Meh, will give it a few more eps, was hoping this show was going to be a spin off of the final movie taking place in that universe before Kyon time travels back there, i guess not.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Apr 7, 2015 9:50 AM

May 2013
Wow, this was not was I expecting at all... What did they do to Yuki? >_>
Couldn't get past the first minute, sorry. Don't like the artstyle and if a likeable character has a completely different personality what's even the point in even making a spin-off about that character?
"The fool who believed in miracles now walks among the dead." ~ Blade of the Phantom Master
Apr 7, 2015 9:54 AM

Jun 2010
I have no problem with the art style being different, it's not like Haruhi was ever a masterpiece. Not to mention this is already better than the two seasons of Haruhi. The original anime isn't awful, but at the same time it's overrated to the extreme. It has unique ideas, but cliché characters. It has a clever setup, but doesn't develop any story around it. It has a witty and clever humor... but uses really stupid and cliché jokes just as often. Also Endless Eight, but complaining about that is a cliché in and of itself.

My point is - this here anime is certainly less unique than the original, just a shy girl in love and funny stuff happening, but at least it seems it knows what it wants to be. A romantic comedy. Haruhi, I have no idea what it tries to be. At one point it does an epic sci-fi arc, then several comedy fillers, suddenly a serious time-travelling story, but then a slice-of-school-life again, then a parallel universe movie... And throughout all of this, the characters and their relationships don't change in the slightest.

I'm aware I'm doing a lot of talking about the original, but that's just to point out the differences. Nagato anime doesn't seem anything spectacular, but I'll give it a try, because, for the reasons above, it feels a bit more aware and, for the lack of a better word, "better" than Haruhi. Just IMO.
ewormMay 23, 2015 5:46 AM
Apr 7, 2015 10:03 AM

Feb 2014
I don't know what I expected and I'm not sure I like what I got.

I guess it was ok.
Apr 7, 2015 10:55 AM

Feb 2008
What? Nagato Yuki with a personality and emotions? This is not the soulless empty doll everbody loves!

Jokes aside, it was alright, since characters acted more normal compared to Haruhi, and obviously, lack of Haruhi makes things more tolerable.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Apr 7, 2015 10:57 AM

Nov 2013
Good first episode. And I wonder, which Asakura is more dangerous. This one or the one from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya?
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Apr 7, 2015 11:11 AM

Oct 2012
Oh, my. They successfully killed whole franchise.

Everything importatnt is gone - character distinct personalities, spontaneous fun, nicely written dialogues and character interactions or bit of skillfully weaved mystery.

What's left is boring greyness of ordinary and average show that literally has nothing to be noted for, nothing to peak your interest.

This really feels like new franchise with no real connections to previous one. And what's more, without well-known characters and title this serie would be left down in a dust with noone to notice its mediocrity.
Oh, Satelight, you went even deeper than I thought before.

So, stay away. Disregard this series and rewatch the old one. Even Endless Eight is A LOT better than this.
Apr 7, 2015 11:27 AM

Jan 2013
Mich666 said:

You're 6 years late.

And those poor lambs still ask why KyoAni doesn't make more Haruhi.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Apr 7, 2015 11:50 AM

Oct 2012
DawnJ said:
Mich666 said:

You're 6 years late.

KyoAni >>> Satelight

And their Haruhi was pure gem that got even better with the movie. You can deny that but if you do your opinion is worthless as Haruhi was clearly one of defining shows that influenced whole anime industry.
(I can't talk for KyoAni of late, ofc, as they butchered just about every project after first Chuunibyou)
Apr 7, 2015 12:12 PM

May 2008
straggy said:
Wow, this Nagato is SO ANNOYING. She's turning into that level of blushy dithering idiot that I can't stand. How does she function on a daily basis when anything that happens just makes her make stupid "weeeeeh" noises and throw her arms around like a tomato that's been thrust into life and doesn't know how to deal with it because it can only manage to grow in a straight line without outside interference in normal situations?

Also the thing that made the show good was Haruhi... and the thing that made the movie good was plot, tense drama, and Asakura stabbing the shit out of Kyon. Obvious we ain't gonna get any of those things, 'cept some minor Haruhi cameos probably judging by the ED. Laaaame. Dunno why you'd take a show, remove everything good from it, and make the characters plain archetypes instead of using the stuff that worked in the original show/movie to make a new show that also works.

Also I plain don't like the art. Nagato and Kyon look the worst out of everyone in this style by far, which is unfortunate considering they're the two mains. Asakura's the only person I think it rly suits so far, but I still prefer her KyoAni long hair.

^Thiiiiiss. I hate how Yuki is acting now. Basically this show is going to be boring. I'm not even count it as a Haruhi series, but a god awful AU that shouldn't exist.

Apr 7, 2015 12:19 PM
Jul 2018
The episode felt very slow, I did enjoy the small shopping district contest between Asakura and Tsuruya a lot though. The art omg...did they switch studios or something?
Apr 7, 2015 12:35 PM

Jul 2013
they should just cancel this and give Mikuru her own show instead

even if it's just her taking a shit on the toilet for 24 episodes, i'm down for that
The best anime is the Road to El Dorado
Apr 7, 2015 12:44 PM

Feb 2008
KayChan4U said:
^Thiiiiiss. I hate how Yuki is acting now. Basically this show is going to be boring. I'm not even count it as a Haruhi series, but a god awful AU that shouldn't exist.

But it's not a Haruhi series. It's a Nagato Yuki spin off series that's not even "canon". It's more like a "What if Nagato Yuki wasn't a bland doll and actually resembled something".

Mich666 said:
And their Haruhi was pure gem that got even better with the movie. You can deny that but if you do your opinion is worthless as Haruhi was clearly one of defining shows that influenced whole anime industry.

Sadly, KyoAni's adaptation of Haruhi is what created this whole mess in the anime industry, with tons of bland uninspired light novels getting an adaptation. It's not something one should be proud off, as Haruhi itself was just another bland light novel, that just happens to be one of the trend starters.

Apr 7, 2015 12:50 PM

Nov 2014
ZetaZaku said:
Sadly, KyoAni's adaptation of Haruhi is what created this whole mess in the anime industry, with tons of bland uninspired light novels getting an adaptation. It's not something one should be proud off, as Haruhi itself was just another bland light novel, that just happens to be one of the trend starters.

I cannot disagree more. Have you even read all of them yet? Given the time it was introduced, the LN was something entirely different from what's available on the market. Bland, uninspired? In your opinion, what is a more inspiring and 'not bland' LN series?
Haruhi ism
It's fun, isn't it?

Apr 7, 2015 1:21 PM

Mar 2014
ZetaZaku said:
But it's not a Haruhi series. It's a Nagato Yuki spin off series that's not even "canon". It's more like a "What if Nagato Yuki wasn't a bland doll and actually resembled something".
She would be even worse.
I wish they never answered that "if".
Apr 7, 2015 1:45 PM

Feb 2008
yaiba064 said:
I cannot disagree more. Have you even read all of them yet? Given the time it was introduced, the LN was something entirely different from what's available on the market. Bland, uninspired? In your opinion, what is a more inspiring and 'not bland' LN series?

There are barely any good ones. Stuff like Kino's Journey, Twelve Kingdoms, Spice and Wolf, Jinrui etc. Basically anything that's not including the standard pattern majority of LNs use (MC meets strange girl in a somewhat unique setting, suddenly harem, tits and ass, bad writing, everything becomes bland and uninspired). And to answer your first question, I have read the first four Haruhi books I own myself, and all I can say is that they are nothing special on their own, but I guess they are a lot better than the crap that gets sold nowadays.

Apr 7, 2015 1:52 PM

Jul 2013
ZetaZaku said:

Yeah, now she resembles a bland doll.
The best anime is the Road to El Dorado
Apr 7, 2015 2:38 PM

Nov 2014
ZetaZaku said:
yaiba064 said:

There are barely any good ones. Stuff like Kino's Journey, Twelve Kingdoms, Spice and Wolf, Jinrui etc. Basically anything that's not including the standard pattern majority of LNs use (MC meets strange girl in a somewhat unique setting, suddenly harem, tits and ass, bad writing, everything becomes bland and uninspired). And to answer your first question, I have read the first four Haruhi books I own myself, and all I can say is that they are nothing special on their own, but I guess they are a lot better than the crap that gets sold nowadays.

Really? Shame, the best story i.e. Snowy Mountain Syndrome is just one volume away. You can't really call Haruhi series generic, it has its fair share of cliché and conventional/generic plot points but the characters were all unique in their own ways, even Asahina (much as I dislike her, her adult version was well written). And yes, the series you mentioned are better but again, barely any.
Haruhi ism
It's fun, isn't it?

Apr 7, 2015 3:09 PM

Nov 2007
The main music theme sounds a lot like one touhou arragement (which might've been by some classic, Debussy maybe?).
It's tormenting me that I can easly recognize music but can't find it on my hdd nor am willing to dig trough all my touhou/classical music related files... anyone?
Apr 7, 2015 3:24 PM

Aug 2013
Very cute spinoff, cant wait for the christmas party.
My Candies:
Apr 7, 2015 5:21 PM

Jan 2013
Mich666 said:
DawnJ said:

You're 6 years late.

KyoAni >>> Satelight

(I can't talk for KyoAni of late, ofc, as they butchered just about every project after first Chuunibyou)

It's not about comparison between studios. The infamous Endless Eight was super serious issue back then for shareholders and the board, and that's why there are no new season of Haruhi. Of course, the quality of the recent volumes of the source material is also just miserable, that too.
DawnJApr 7, 2015 5:26 PM
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Apr 7, 2015 5:49 PM
Jan 2015
this is awful
Apr 7, 2015 10:37 PM

Apr 2014
i don't know what to feel after watching this...
too random, and I did saw Haruhi right??
Apr 7, 2015 10:50 PM
Oct 2008
MoeGod said:
why did they even change studio? was the idea so stupid that even KyoAni lost interest? why not just make Haruhi s3?

Because KyoAni is only interested in making crap nowadays...

And it just hit me now that the Haruhi Movie came out 5 fucking years ago...
aksdmklsmalasApr 7, 2015 10:55 PM
Apr 7, 2015 11:26 PM

Mar 2014
DawnJ said:
Mich666 said:

KyoAni >>> Satelight

It's not about comparison between studios. The infamous Endless Eight was super serious issue back then for shareholders and the board, and that's why there are no new season of Haruhi. Of course, the quality of the recent volumes of the source material is also just miserable, that too.
Yep, bet whoever invested on it got really angry that the same episode repeated 8 times still managed to sell 20k.
Apr 7, 2015 11:43 PM

Jan 2013
2006 Haruhi sold 45k (average) copies per volume.

Aaaaand 2009? 19k.

Welp, the BD complete box sold quite well tho, but they still butchered the franchise. Of yeah, they still made profit so it's all good! ... except it's not. They killed the future of the franchise.

And this new series is what they tried to persuade the board and investors. The compromise.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Apr 7, 2015 11:51 PM

Mar 2014
Yes, the spin-off that isn't even going to sell 3k is totally what will bring the investors back.
Apr 7, 2015 11:55 PM

Jan 2013
Of course it's not. They are not expecting much. It's just a pitiful attempt to prolong the life of already-dead franchise. Also, pocket money is still money,l.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Apr 7, 2015 11:59 PM

Mar 2014
Yet them making 20k from E8 "killed" the franchise.
Apr 8, 2015 12:03 AM

Jan 2013
What they know is that it's no longer their goose with golden eggs. There are expectations for each. Keep trying for denial. Reality doesn't change.

Or do I have to tell you what break-even point Is?
DawnJApr 8, 2015 12:07 AM
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Apr 8, 2015 12:12 AM

Mar 2014
And obviously instead of going for something that they know will sell 10k+ no matter what they go for the 3k seller, better sell less but within expectations than to sell more but still be dissapointed for whatever reason, yep, makes sense.
Apr 8, 2015 12:20 AM

Jan 2013
Look,if teekyuu sells 20k, that will be a greatest legend, but for Haruhi it's not. Can investors be sure and persuaded that new season of Haruhi will be a "success"? if they thought so, it would have happened already. Ooooooor, if seeing in positive way, maybe they are waiting for a proper time, which I don't believe.

They don't call it a success when they earn 20 while they expected at least 50, even if 20 is still large.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Apr 8, 2015 12:41 AM
Jun 2012
Here we go again. It's good to see the cast back together again - even if things are different this time around.

Regarding the art style, it sure ain't KyoAni, but I think Satelite did pretty good at making it their own instead of aiming for a cheap imitation. Also, let's face it, this is the 3rd animated spinoff for the series with a completely different artstyle from the original, so I don't see what anyone's complaining about.

Finally, did anyone else really enjoy the new music? I still love the tracks from the original series, but these new tracks have their own charm. It was pretty cool hearing some of the original sound track mixed in there near the end there too.
Apr 8, 2015 2:09 AM

May 2012
Yuki with emotions is moe though that's not enough for me to continue this series. So far, Kyon's lines and Sugita Tomokazu's voice acting are what's keeping me hooked on this.
Apr 8, 2015 2:12 AM

Jan 2009
cmon guys, let's show how much we hate this series by making multiple fake MAL accounts to drop the score
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Apr 8, 2015 2:45 AM

May 2008
ITT: people who actually believe Haruhi was good to begin with.
Apr 8, 2015 2:50 AM

Mar 2014
DawnJ said:
Look,if teekyuu sells 20k, that will be a greatest legend, but for Haruhi it's not. Can investors be sure and persuaded that new season of Haruhi will be a "success"? if they thought so, it would have happened already. Ooooooor, if seeing in positive way, maybe they are waiting for a proper time, which I don't believe.

They don't call it a success when they earn 20 while they expected at least 50, even if 20 is still large.
Teekyuu has 5 seasons already and it'll probably have more, imagine season 4 sells 20k, do you actually think the franchise will be ruined just because season 5 comes back down to normal after season 4 gathered a bunch of interest because of its success? I'll help you: no, it won't.
Your whole "if it won't sell 50k then I'd rather it just sell 3k" logic is silly at best.
Look at Monogatari, it started at like 80k with Bake and now it's at 30k and it'll keep going and the sales will keep dropping.
Haruhi S3 hasn't happened, not because of E8, but because of other reasons.
Apr 8, 2015 2:51 AM

Mar 2014
Zazie122 said:
ITT: people who actually believe Haruhi was good to begin with.
"I have a shit taste in anime/manga. Please do not listen to any of my opinions, as they will most likely be wrong."
K
Apr 8, 2015 3:12 AM

Jan 2013
Paulo27 said:
DawnJ said:

Teekyuu has 5 seasons already and it'll probably have more, imagine season 4 sells 20k, do you actually think the franchise will be ruined just because season 5 comes back down to normal after season 4 gathered a bunch of interest because of its success? I'll help you: no, it won't.
Your whole "if it won't sell 50k then I'd rather it just sell 3k" logic is silly at best.
Look at Monogatari, it started at like 80k with Bake and now it's at 30k and it'll keep going and the sales will keep dropping.
Haruhi S3 hasn't happened, not because of E8, but because of other reasons.

Again, investors have expectations, which is about ratio. Earning 10 bucks for investing 100 and the same for 50 are totally different, of course the latter is better. Bigger animation needs bigger resource, which is translated to "risk". Or, they rather can spend resource on making other series, which is about "opportunity cost" (just google this as I'm not giving you economics 101 here). Of course there are other factors, and still, EE is arguably the biggest one of all, as it actually made fans leave and move on to other series and the sales bomb, which we all know. one of other factors could be that KyoAni's recent tendency of not making sequels.

And your example of Monogatari, Monogatari sold 110k (per volume), which is RIDICULOUSLY high, it's ranked in 2nd from 1988 to 2013 (1st is eva btw). The first one was super success, but the sales of the latter series wasn't bad at all. Each volume sold around 50k copies. There are fixed amount of fans still living and loving. It's continuously being made because it sells. Of course the sales keep dropping, but it's all inside the territory of "OK", which is why people still throw money at it.

Oh, anyway, please don't hesistate to tell "other reasons".
DawnJApr 8, 2015 3:15 AM
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2015

85 by Sachoza »»
Apr 27, 5:29 PM

Poll: » Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2015

138 by Shaka-bun »»
Mar 7, 10:54 PM

Poll: » Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2015

181 by Pitt83 »»
Mar 4, 9:59 AM

Poll: » Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2015

82 by Pitt83 »»
Feb 17, 11:06 AM

Poll: » Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 1, 2015

90 by Pitt83 »»
Feb 15, 7:49 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.