Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 30, 2015 10:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So we see more of Nanami's past even in the finale..

Really interesting to see how Tomoe's opinion of her though. And not only that but I think he is being a good role model in this episode. Overall, decent series. Loved the chemistry between Nanami and some of the other characters in particular Jirou and Tomoe for this season.

Oh hell yes, Jirou makes an appearance in style as well in finale :D
Mar 30, 2015 11:00 AM

Nov 2007
Nanami's family always give birth to 1 daughter and meet bad guy. After her mother died, she lost her smile. Tomoe's more reliable than Nobu's character. Even if she's little and doesn't remember him, she's happy about him saying he likes her.

He actually is regretting what he said. Then Nanami's back to normal and thinking it's a dream that she doesn't remember. lol~ so Nobu's character actually likes ice cream. Toshigami is young?! And what's that sheep?! As a thank you gift, he gave her image of her mother. She lives strongly while her memory is kept inside. Then showing everyone (?) during the new year. She remembers what Tomoe says, but doesn't remember who said it.

Monkey is little boy again (not much screen time when it is little boy though).
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 30, 2015 12:47 PM

Feb 2013
That sheep... so much mofu mofu
Mar 30, 2015 12:52 PM

Oct 2014
Nooo.. i neeeeed moooaarrr!!
Mar 30, 2015 1:22 PM

Jun 2014
Cute finale but I need more!
These Tomoe/chibi Nanami moments.... so fucking sweet.
So did she remember the 'I love you' in the end? I hope she marries Tomoe.
The show was very good, I still like season 1 better though. 8/10
Mar 30, 2015 1:33 PM

Mar 2015
Decent final episode!

It was the right decision to end the season with the adaption of this chapter: the new year and the visit of the Year's God. Present, past and future combined in this episodes. It was well executed. Especially Namami's flashbacks. Also the sentence: 'I won't get married....probably.' And Tomoe's blushing. Very nice!

Manga readers may have noticed some differences between anime and manga: The New Year's animal in the manga was a little white dragon and not a sheep (although it was cute as hell). In the anime we see Namami take out garbage: in the manga there was an additional gag. In the garbage bags were Namami's paper good luck charms(talisman). In the next scene(in the anime) she writes paper charms. In the manga she was forced to remake them :D

All in all: a nice final episode for a nice season.

I hope we get a next season soon. I can assure you the real drama will start from here.
Mar 30, 2015 1:40 PM

Jul 2009
From episode 11, I knew I wanted a 3rd season so it didn't come as a surprise to me that after this episode I really want a 3rd season!!!

I liked the first season, and it did a nice job at introducing the story to us, but this season really left an impact. The opening and endings fit nicely, and you never feel like anything is rushed. There are plenty of questions answered and plenty of things that are left for you to think about. This season is definitely better than the first season, but without the first season, we'd be out of the loop, so I am happy the first season is the way it is, because it allows this season to really shine. I guess that is to say, that both seasons have done a good job so far and I hope for more!

I googled for Nanami's smile, because it really shows how I feel about this season!
Mar 30, 2015 1:50 PM

Nov 2009
They used sheep instead of a dragon since it's the year of the sheep this year~

I love the ending! The storyboard was awesome at how they arranged the messages in this episode, and it really carried a lot of weight!

They also left many questions about Nanami, and I hope there really will be a 3rd season. The manga explores a lot, but to see chapters animated is a great treat! This season stuck to the manga as much as it could, and it really carried the same emotions as I had when reading the manga (esp. with voices included~).

"Belief is the death of intelligence." ~Robert Anton Wilson~
Mar 30, 2015 1:57 PM

Mar 2015
witchhuntress said:

Oh, nice observation. I did not know that. Thank you.
Mar 30, 2015 2:16 PM

Feb 2014
> "All the way to the end, there were tears and laughter..."

There sure was ;_;

Seeing almost everyone who appeared in this season at the very end.
Aahh, I'm seriously going to miss watching this every week.

witchhuntress said:

I love the ending! The storyboard was awesome at how they arranged the messages in this episode, and it really carried a lot of weight!

They also left many questions about Nanami, and I hope there really will be a 3rd season. The manga explores a lot, but to see chapters animated is a great treat! This season stuck to the manga as much as it could, and it really carried the same emotions as I had when reading the manga (esp. with voices included~).

+1
S3 please~

"Later on, you will become a lively person causing headaches as the shrine-god."
Mar 30, 2015 3:11 PM
Sep 2014
i am going to miss this show, even tho some parts of it was lacking a little bit, the way its set up almost has to introduce a 3rd season,
Mar 30, 2015 3:13 PM

Jul 2010
Ending the the meeting with Tomoe proposing!

It was fun with Tomoe with his tsundere attitude, at first fearing that Nanami would remember the event and then going through some lengths to try to get her to remember xD

The sheep was the definition of fluffy cuteness!

Ending with Tomoe blushing after hearing that Nanami marrying isn't impossible. To recall the meeting with Tomoe, Mamoru!!!

Quite the wonderful season, would definitely love to see more of it animated! This was really an enjoyable one!
Mar 30, 2015 3:24 PM

Sep 2010
They left this really open.. Hinting for a third season perhaps?
Mar 30, 2015 3:30 PM

Apr 2014
tomoe can´t hide his feelings hehhee jirou want to see her
T-T so sad her past,love the way that tomoe understand her
<3 3 season please!!!

Mar 30, 2015 3:58 PM

Mar 2015
I think a third season is most likely. At least it's possible.

I follow the manga and it has at least enough chapters to cover one more season at the moment. Maybe even more. The whole Tomoe-illness/Nanami time travel arc is quite long. So it is a 'nihil obstat' if the show sells well.

I also suspect the whole manga to slowly reaching an end. So I think we'll see at least two more seasons à 12 episodes (minimum).
Mar 30, 2015 4:47 PM

Oct 2014
Nanami's so cute as a kid x3 I loved it when Tomoe smiled, it was so natural and pure :)

I really liked this season, even more than the first one. The animation had good quality and episodes were also cute. I'd go "awwww x3" all the time and it made me happy.This was a good ride I hope they make a new season. <3
Mar 30, 2015 5:12 PM

May 2013
Will there be a season 3?
Mar 30, 2015 5:34 PM
Jun 2013
Interesting how they decided to maintain an element of comedy even in the
more serious subject matter like her dad always taking money from her mother. That's a serious issue but they decided to handle that differently. Can't say i didn't
like it, but it was a bit weird.

It was also weird how Tomoe asked a child
to marry him. I know what they were trying to do, it was a sweet moment, and that even with nanami bigger there is an unbelievable age gap between them but c'mon... still weird.

Really good finale for this season. I'm am definitely loving the pacing for this series all the way through. They didn't try to jam a bunch of events in the finale at the last second. It was just a good wrap up for the season. Hopefully Akura gets his body back in the next season and we can get a strong conclusion on everything. I'm definitely enjoying this series but I don't want it to be too drawn out. It could get stale after a while. But who knows what they have in mind. So far so good though.
7/10
Mar 30, 2015 5:37 PM

Aug 2008
This episode melt my heart! Even though I already read the manga twice by this time.

But seriously, this season as a whole felt underwhelming, maybe because I know what is going to happen is going to be intense. I really really hope they will make a s3. Getting a season 2 is already a big surprise, so maybe they don't care much for the sales? *cross finger*
Mar 30, 2015 6:19 PM

Sep 2013
damn, im going to miss this... >.<

that "probably" killed me <3 <3

NanamixTomoe !!!!!!
Mar 30, 2015 6:34 PM

May 2012
Cute finale. Season 3 PLease!!!
Mar 30, 2015 6:45 PM

Jul 2010
I liked the last episode, and voted 4 out of 5. I would've rather gone for 5 out of 5 because I love just everything about this anime. However, there were a few things I missed as I watched episode 12.

Without a doubt, the part where Tomoe watched Nanami's memories - and eventually even made an appearance in them himself - had plenty of cute moments between Tomoe and Nanami as a child. But Nanami having forgotten about everything after turning back to her normal self, that bothered me a little. (The few things she did remember although very vaguely were shown a bit later, what I'm saying here refers to before she started remembering.) I felt sad for Tomoe, and for it to happen in the last episode made it even more painful. (Sorry, I tend to get dragged in by series/characters I like... Maybe it sounds weird, but if that happens their emotions may feel so real to me that I feel them too, in Tomoe's case I actually felt hurt. Don't worry though the worst thing that'd happen is me yelling at the tv (never fails to make my roommates laugh) or commenting on series out loud, I'm a normal person. Text wall: check.

Back to what I felt was missing in this episode: Nanami noticing Tomoe's feelings or at least that something about him seemed different, even if she noticed just once or told herself she was imagining things. I would've personally liked it better if things between Tomoe and her had somehow lightened up a bit, giving them a last bit of romance for this season.

I'm really going to miss this show. (I did so after the 1st season ended as well.) I was overjoyed when I found out there was a 2nd season coming up. With the way things were left open in this last episode, as well as the questions that remained unanswered, it seems positively possible there's gonna be a 3rd season in the future.

I so want Tomoe and Nanami to marry!!

Aside from that, this anime is so addictive. I NEED MORE :(
Mar 30, 2015 7:33 PM

Feb 2014
What a great way to end the season, nicely paced. It does feel somewhat incomplete to me, I hope a third season comes - I'd love to see the next arc done.
Mar 30, 2015 7:44 PM

Nov 2013
If this is it, this ending was really sub par, so many problems were left unsolved. What's gonna happen with Kirihito and his body? Will Tomoe ever get to see Mikage? Will Nanami and Tomoe get together? NEED A SEASON 3 FORREALS!!!
"He's a player??? THE ONLY THING HE BE PLAYIN IS A HENTAI DATING SIM THAT FAKER"
Mar 30, 2015 8:11 PM

Aug 2012
Ahh that was great. It didn't try to force anything, but was still chalk full of development between Nanami and Tomoe done very subtle and sweet, staying true to the show's nature and feel. Also good in that it felt so out of the manga and henceforth open-ended that another season feels very possible. All I know is that I neeeeed more Nanami. Getting nice glimpse into her character was so nice, yet torturous. If there's no announcement of any sort after a few months I'll likely give in before I start going through Nanami withdrawals.
Mar 30, 2015 8:50 PM

Jan 2011
Wow what a great episode.

I can't believe it ended just like that. Hope this continues in a few seasons because it is just so damn sweet. It's heading in such a good direction and the side trips of Nanami progressing as a goddess are very good. There was a lot of progression this season mentally for Tomoe and we learned a lot about Nanami about her past and present. It was a very good season.
Mar 30, 2015 9:20 PM

Nov 2009
Bae-chan said:
If this is it, this ending was really sub par, so many problems were left unsolved. What's gonna happen with Kirihito and his body? Will Tomoe ever get to see Mikage? Will Nanami and Tomoe get together? NEED A SEASON 3 FORREALS!!!

Trust me, when a 3rd season airs, they'll be covering the arc where sh*t goes down, and it'll be answering a lot of things and also screwing one's mind over because there's practically a lot of foreshadowing (which they showed in this season too) that one never thought twice until after. 😆

I'm pretty sure the animation studio is really tempted to do a 3rd season because the next arcs will slay. 😤

"Belief is the death of intelligence." ~Robert Anton Wilson~
Mar 30, 2015 9:34 PM

Dec 2010
I have to say the first season was cute but this season did an excellent job of picking up where the former left off and ramping up EVERYTHING.

The school days feel of last season got a little old for me, I was so happy to see the story delve further into the mythology of this world and so SO happy to see so much maturity and character development going on. Not only am I invested in the leads (which can sometimes be difficult given how stereotypical shoujo female leads are written -.-' ) but I truly want to see where the story goes from here.

Like everyone else I'm hoping we don't have to wait several years for the next installment and season 3 will come out soon!! The first season got me to like the series and the second season truly won my heart. (also there are so many story threads to pursue! I gguess I'll just have to pick up the manga while dealing with Kamisama withdrawal.)
Mar 30, 2015 9:41 PM

Apr 2012
I am glad that this anime has so much positive feedback. My friends like season 1 but don't like the second season which is a shame imo. I can't get enough and want season 3 >_<
Mar 30, 2015 11:45 PM
Jul 2014
Second season was imo better than the first one. The heartwarming episodes and build up for the overall plot were nice. The pacing and music was also to my taste, so plus points for that :3
If a third season comes out(seems pretty likely), I'll definitely watch it.
Mar 31, 2015 12:03 AM

Jan 2013
Pleasant watch as always. I think I liked this season more than season 1 as well. I was lucky I checked out Season 1 just as Season 2 started which let me watch Season 2 right after, idk if I can stand waiting a few years for a possible Season 3 :(
Mar 31, 2015 12:12 AM

Dec 2012
Does anybody know on what chapter did the anime end? Thanks.
Mar 31, 2015 1:43 AM

Jul 2009
RainyDayLover said:
... It does feel somewhat incomplete to me, I hope a third season comes - I'd love to see the next arc done.
The incomplete feeling isn't about this season but the series as a whole... The first season ended in a nice way, and so did the second. However, they hinted at many things that would happen in the years to come, or the future.

Let's make a comparison.
  • Fafnir as a series failed because it was not only rushed but heavily incomplete. If it doesn't release a season 2 and probably do some special S1&S2 combo deal within roughly 2 years time, will probably never have a second season, and it's popularity among those who liked it will die off, making the producers even less likely to consider a second season ever.
  • Kamisama Hajimemashita had a completed first season and second season that leave lingering feelings for the series. You enjoy it and you can go back and watch the series over again and still enjoy it. Even if they didn't release a season 3 for 10 years, people would still enjoy the first two seasons and desire a third one.
Mar 31, 2015 2:05 AM

Dec 2012
Time for Nisekoi S2

Mar 31, 2015 2:59 AM

Apr 2013
SEASON 3 PLEASE
Mar 31, 2015 4:58 AM

Sep 2007
Melizekichan55 said:
Does anybody know on what chapter did the anime end? Thanks.

Mar 31, 2015 7:11 AM

Sep 2014
What a beautiful ending to a fantastic Anime. Not once was I bored watching this Anime. Loved everything about it. I REALLY hope a season 3 comes soon. 8/10 easily.
Mar 31, 2015 8:13 AM

Jul 2011
GosuGian said:
Time for Nisekoi S2

I don't even...
Mar 31, 2015 8:14 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
7/10

Season 3 when?!
Mar 31, 2015 8:31 AM
Mar 2015
This episode is such a teaser since we finally get to see Tomoe break down that emotional wall of his towards Nanami.

Season 3 please Kamisama Onegai!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 31, 2015 8:34 AM
Mar 2015
If Season 3 comes out WILL BUY ALL THE DVDS of this SERIES!!!!! I SWEAR!
Mar 31, 2015 9:32 AM

Aug 2013
Wow, oddly, I shed a tear when Nanami remembered her mom, with the speech of Tomoe about memories. I think it remind me of the people I lost, but haven't forgotten for what matters, it's just deep there, somewhere within my memory.

Nanami didn't had it easy, her childhood, being recluded from the rest of the children, being an ''odd one''. I thought her father may had a reason to behave like this, but nope, he just seem to be a total jerk. Fuck that dude.

Tomoe is so adorable. That little happy ''Hmmp'' at the end was so cute :3
I'm mostly impressed by Nanami devellopement this season. She really grew into a fine woman, naive on the edges, but strong on the inside. She had a really great progression, the highlight of this season to me.
minouneetzoeMar 31, 2015 9:37 AM
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 31, 2015 9:33 AM

Sep 2009
Wow that was amazing especially Tomoes cute little blush at the end <3
Man I sure hope that they will continue to adapt the manga.

Mar 31, 2015 10:15 AM

Feb 2011
wtf that's an awfully fluffy sheep xD

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Mar 31, 2015 10:22 AM

Jul 2014
Seems I'm not the only one hoping for a season 3. haha
Mar 31, 2015 10:33 AM

Jul 2012
really good final episode, now i demand S3~
Mar 31, 2015 12:28 PM

Jul 2009
Nanami had a hard childhood, it was really sweet when Tomoe told her that in the future she would have a noisy house and that he would marry her! :D
Very enjoyable, looking forward to third season soon! 7/10
Mar 31, 2015 12:42 PM

Sep 2011
I do hope they consider making a third season. I had my doubts that a season 2 would ever be made, and I was surprised when I saw the announcement. I hope in this case I get surprised again.
Mar 31, 2015 2:07 PM

Sep 2009
I want more >____<
Mar 31, 2015 6:37 PM

Jan 2013
season 3 (T---T)/
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kamisama Hajimemashita◎ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 5, 2015

117 by mylovetokoyami »»
Feb 22, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Kamisama Hajimemashita◎ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2015

62 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 2, 2023 10:25 AM

Poll: » Kamisama Hajimemashita◎ Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2015

53 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 2, 2023 9:24 AM

Poll: » Kamisama Hajimemashita◎ Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2015

49 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 2, 2023 8:25 AM

Poll: » Kamisama Hajimemashita◎ Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2015

35 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 2, 2023 7:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.