Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 29, 2015 12:46 PM

Jun 2014
Thank fuck its over.
Mar 29, 2015 1:07 PM

Apr 2013
What a suprisingly great anime.
9/10.
Mar 29, 2015 1:43 PM

Jun 2008
Fuck everything. The show had a good amount of stuff I liked, but so much lost potential and way too much bullshit.

4/10.
Mar 29, 2015 1:51 PM
May 2014
beautyling said:
finaly. shit ange over

ramenshojo said:
Thank fuck its over.

Nobody forced you to watch if you didn't want to.

..so I guess you didn't have anything better to do with your lives than watching a
series you hate/didn't like :)

Redfoxoffire said:
Fuck everything. The show had a good amount of stuff I liked, but so much lost potential and way too much bullshit.

4/10.

4/10 = Bad (according to the rating's description).

It was quite entertaining in my opinion.
konatachan80Mar 29, 2015 1:56 PM
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Mar 29, 2015 1:57 PM

Jun 2008
konatachan80 said:

I know what the fuck a 4/10 means, thank you. I don't give a shit if you found it entertaining, 4/10 is my score of choice.
Mar 29, 2015 2:03 PM

Feb 2013
Embryo could've had his way if he wasn't a fucking moron and just Ange's mouth with grass or the d when she started singing and then proceed to forget to use his powers to actually win.

Also kind of find it hard to believe that wound to the side could kill Elektra considering there was a maid who not to long ago survived being shot, hit by a vehicle and blown the fuck up because she had a frying pan to block the bullet.
gedataMar 29, 2015 2:23 PM
Mar 29, 2015 2:07 PM
May 2014
Redfoxoffire said:
konatachan80 said:

I know what the fuck a 4/10 means, thank you. I don't give a shit if you found it entertaining, 4/10 is my score of choice.

I don't have an issue with your rating, but the corresponding description. :)
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Mar 29, 2015 2:26 PM

Nov 2011
Tusk ruined this anime for me
It would have been so much better if it were Ange x Salako.
Hate Keeps me warm
Mar 29, 2015 2:27 PM
Sep 2013
Rayzorexe said:
I liked this ending a lot more than the Aldnoah.Zero.

That's my line. Kocchi no serifu da. こっちの台詞だ。
Mar 29, 2015 2:35 PM

Apr 2009
IheartC2 said:
Tusk ruined this anime for me
It would have been so much better if it were Ange x Salako.

He didn't ruin it for me but yeah they totally shoulda done Ange x Salako. She was criminally underused.
Mar 29, 2015 2:43 PM

Aug 2008
Oh god, this show... I don't even know what to say. *shakes head*

It was such a great show for the first half... I don't know why they threw in the whole Embryo and other world shit. That's when everything went downhill.

Giving it 6/10 out of respect for a good first half.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Mar 29, 2015 2:46 PM

Oct 2010
In conclusion of this series, Tusk is the only male in the entire world. Redefining the meaning of "getting all da pussy": c88 doujins here we come.
Mar 29, 2015 3:00 PM
Mar 2015
Loved the series and definitely the one I was most looking forward to watch these past half year.
Mar 29, 2015 3:02 PM

Mar 2009
Is it okay that I enjoyed this series as a guilty pleasure? Is it okay that despite all the plot holes and asspulls - and we can't forget about the horrible first couple of episodes - that I grew fond of it?

I even thought this was a solid ending. And you know, regardless of the outcries of misogyny and sexism, Ange was a strong-willed female character by the end.

Two major disappointments:

1. No Ange x Tusk x Hilda threesome end. Hilda deserves some Ange crotch to the face. Come on...

2. Salia's character was better earlier on in the series. She was probably my favorite character back then. They messed up with her.
Mar 29, 2015 3:11 PM
Jul 2009
oh man.. they completly screwed up the amazing first half of the show..
that also has the be an accomplishment..

so in the end its just another average/bad anime show out there..

4/10
Mar 29, 2015 3:20 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Theorder14 said:
So Tusk is the only male on the new earth? lol

There are male dragons.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Mar 29, 2015 3:23 PM

Apr 2014
This show was garbage all the way through. It was a trainwreck, but a fun trainwreck nonetheless.
Hopefully Sunrise's new anime original show (Mirai Arise) is better than this.
Mar 29, 2015 3:26 PM
Mar 2013
Any idea what song is played during around 7:15-8:45? I'm talking about opera style guy singing.

Embryo really was a first class creep, I'm glad he's finally done for.
Mar 29, 2015 3:44 PM

Oct 2013
This series had a lot of problem, but I had fun watching it. 7/10.
Mar 29, 2015 4:00 PM

Dec 2007
While standard, this was a good way to end it. Plenty of things still unaddressed, but at least the main plot was appropriately concluded. All told, once it got going, it was a fun ride. It reminds me of a few other series I liked that had "weak" starts. Nothing spectacular in the end, but leagues ahead of most of its contemporaries.

Of course, when they said everyone had ended up on "true Earth," I couldn't help but think the obvious:
Tusk is the only man in that entire world who is physiologically compatible with any of the Arzenal girls. Plus he can go after the locals and get points for being the only man of his kind. Lucky bastard.
Mar 29, 2015 4:29 PM
Dec 2014
You know, a lot of people here are comparing Cross Ange to Aldnoah.Zero and saying A/Z sucks compared to Cross Ange. My question to you is.....based on what? Character development? In what universe does constant character rewrites count as character development? Plot consistency? Haha. Man, this isn't even a genderbender anime and yet they can't even keep the genders straight. Sunrise seriously forgot that Aura is a MAN and all massive dragons are MALES when they picked a FEMALE voice for him.
Mar 29, 2015 4:33 PM

Jan 2010
Tusk never miss his target and Hilda being jelly on the background. Lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 29, 2015 5:05 PM

Nov 2011
I liked the first half better, immediately they started taking the story seriously, it died.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Mar 29, 2015 5:23 PM
Feb 2012
Probably my most favorite Sunrise title in recent memory.

9/10
Mar 29, 2015 5:48 PM

Mar 2013
So many ups and downs in this anime.
It was better than i expected , but worst than it could have been.

Its a somewhere between a 7~8/10.
Mar 29, 2015 6:06 PM

Jul 2014
gonna miss this show V_V really love it

not that i didnt expect this but still,,,,,,, why do you always in that position Tusk? ;)
Mar 29, 2015 6:17 PM

Aug 2008
Absolute, total trainwreck. Though I usually use the term "trainwreck" to address shows that at some point had at least a bit potential, I can't think of another way to call the exponential downward spiral (both story and quality wise) that occurred in the second half of this shitfest. 2/10

Mar 29, 2015 6:32 PM

May 2008
gedata said:
Embryo could've had his way if he wasn't a fucking moron and just Ange's mouth with grass or the d when she started singing and then proceed to forget to use his powers to actually win.

Also kind of find it hard to believe that wound to the side could kill Elektra considering there was a maid who not to long ago survived being shot, hit by a vehicle and blown the fuck up because she had a frying pan to block the bullet.

She protect her self whit Mana... BTW only probleam in this show is TUSK...
Mar 29, 2015 6:40 PM

Dec 2012
Cross Ange knows how to go out with style and finesse. It teaches us the greatest lesson of all - that shit is tough and you gotta chin up and deal with it. What's more, it taught us that simply not giving a fuck is the best way to show you care. Magnificent, I can only admire Ange and her lecture to Embryo about why he couldn't get no pussay. Well, without raping of course. That waifu collector wasn't worthy of Angelise-sama. Loved the speech about the norma and why they're all women. Embryo has 99 problems and they're all Norma.

Tusk is always getting a taste of the Great Divide and this time it was well earned. My sides hurt from watching Hilda booing Tusk in the background. As much as I ship Hilda and Ange, I must concede this victory to our good man Tusk. Good on you for founding your own nation Ange, you make the greatest ruler yet by simply not giving a fuck and doing as you please. LOL'd so hard at Sylvia in the other world. Fucking Tomb Raider lookin' bitch needs to get put down before she dishes out any more cheesy Hollywood one liners.

Well as a whole this turned out to be a real surprise. I'm in complete shock and awe at how brilliant this series managed to become as a result of embracing its over the top stupidity. It always managed to outdo itself each episode, making my jaw drop just a little closer to the floor each time. This was truly Kakumeiki Vulvarape's spiritual successor and has only built my trust and faith in Sunrise even more. The mix of absurdity and violence couldn't send more mixed messages.

And let's not forget the nudity. Cross Ange stood before me, its arms and legs spread wide shouting "HERE I AM RATOHN, I AM NAKED AND I AM ART!" It's ironic though because when Cross Ange got serious, it was actually really good. However, it was precisely because it rarely took itself seriously that it was so charming and memorable.

8/10, I can only await the day that Sunrise decides to raise its wager and blow my mind once again.

FloydBt said:
Sunrise seriously forgot that Aura is a MAN and all massive dragons are MALES when they picked a FEMALE voice for him.
Has Cross Ange taught you nothing of gratitude and humility? Men are wicked, Aura was already identified as the mother of the DRAGONs. Much like the Norma, she bears children for the future's sake, which pitiful men cannot hope to achieve.
Mar 29, 2015 6:51 PM

Oct 2013
Cross shit over
nanofate fan
konata x kagami fan
Mar 29, 2015 6:52 PM

Aug 2013
shit end....

0.000000000000000000001/10
Mar 29, 2015 6:53 PM
Nov 2013
Poor Embryo, waiting a thousand years and merging two universes for a pretty blonde only to find out she already got dicked by Tusk.

ALso, does anyone know if the BDs for previous Sunrise shows had full nudity (including nipples)?
Mar 29, 2015 7:14 PM
Jul 2018
Embryo is finally defeated.

Nice ending!
Mar 29, 2015 7:34 PM

Sep 2013
Vivian's DAD XD
You know where that tongue's been ;)

And Ange's wearing the same outfit Nana Mizuki's wearing in her cover picture XD
And Salako's subordinate is so damn wet XD
I NEED My DAMN YURI OVAS! :'(
Nice touches all around.
Mar 29, 2015 7:39 PM

Apr 2012
Wow, that was awesome!
Sunrise really knows how to animate mecha fights. So far among the shows I watched that have ended Cross Ange's has been the most enjoyable (we'll see if that changes with BF Try....)
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Mar 29, 2015 7:48 PM

Jul 2014
marcosotaku said:
Cross shit over
why spend ~10h of your time on anime you dont like? i bet you you always watch your shit for 1hour before flush it.
Mar 29, 2015 7:54 PM
May 2014
jackaus said:
As expected it does not fully explain a number of key points:
Why the songs are required (if i write the plot, I would make them required because music is sort of a tune that in sync of certain dimensional scifi physics stuff)
Why the rings are required? (Connection booster or a key to unlock further power)
Why the heck Embryo kept a number of machine that rival his own machine, let them continue to exist long after its use in the final battle in original Earth.
Why the heck Embryo can resurrect people from the dead? Simply merge the alive one in different reality?
Why Ange's family considered sinned? (as mentioned in one episode during the meeting)

I can think of a lot more... but after how Tusk survived and it is a Fukuda show.. we will never get the final answer, hence this drags the series down to 6/10 for plot holes. Any one watch it for the OTZ stuff can give it 8/10 and hope there is an extended R-Rated BD version of the final episode... lol

Don't worry, super robot wars will explain.
Mar 29, 2015 8:22 PM

Aug 2011
My reaction to this whole series...

Just plain fun. It was not the show I wanted but ending up being the show I needed.
Mar 29, 2015 8:35 PM
Feb 2010
beccca14 said:
So although I really enjoyed the show overall am I the only one not impressed by this last episode? Maybe it's because I just watched the raw's for now to see what happened, but the battle just didn't do it for me. I felt that the whole episode was rushed and the fight scenes weren't even that good. Also, Salako should get her own side series. She didn't get enough camera time during the whole show.
I do love Ange and Tusk though and I'm glad that they can now live peacefully. I want to see them babies though.

^^^ This opinion is now null and void. After watching the subs and understanding the dialogue I think the ending was handled wonderfully. There's still some plot holes that I wish would have been filled like why the song and ring were important, but overall I really loved this show.

More Salako is needed though. I also want an OVA focusing on Ange and Salako's past lives together.
Mar 29, 2015 9:13 PM

Aug 2008
Good ending. Glad to see Embryo become the disheveled garbage he was at the end there. Tusk, on the other hand, surely will have it nice though. There appears to be a lack of males in the old world, so he will be kept busy for sure :D

ryanstrike said:
Good anime with a nice ending . Everyone live together in peace.

Except for those fools left in that dystopian world. But oh well, like Ange said, they gotta put up with it and survive by themselves.
Mar 29, 2015 9:33 PM

Oct 2013
Ratohnhaketon said:
Cross Ange knows how to go out with style and finesse. It teaches us the greatest lesson of all - that shit is tough and you gotta chin up and deal with it. What's more, it taught us that simply not giving a fuck is the best way to show you care. Magnificent, I can only admire Ange and her lecture to Embryo about why he couldn't get no pussay. Well, without raping of course. That waifu collector wasn't worthy of Angelise-sama. Loved the speech about the norma and why they're all women. Embryo has 99 problems and they're all Norma.

Tusk is always getting a taste of the Great Divide and this time it was well earned. My sides hurt from watching Hilda booing Tusk in the background. As much as I ship Hilda and Ange, I must concede this victory to our good man Tusk. Good on you for founding your own nation Ange, you make the greatest ruler yet by simply not giving a fuck and doing as you please. LOL'd so hard at Sylvia in the other world. Fucking Tomb Raider lookin' bitch needs to get put down before she dishes out any more cheesy Hollywood one liners.

Well as a whole this turned out to be a real surprise. I'm in complete shock and awe at how brilliant this series managed to become as a result of embracing its over the top stupidity. It always managed to outdo itself each episode, making my jaw drop just a little closer to the floor each time. This was truly Kakumeiki Vulvarape's spiritual successor and has only built my trust and faith in Sunrise even more. The mix of absurdity and violence couldn't send more mixed messages.

And let's not forget the nudity. Cross Ange stood before me, its arms and legs spread wide shouting "HERE I AM RATOHN, I AM NAKED AND I AM ART!" It's ironic though because when Cross Ange got serious, it was actually really good. However, it was precisely because it rarely took itself seriously that it was so charming and memorable.

8/10, I can only await the day that Sunrise decides to raise its wager and blow my mind once again.

FloydBt said:
Sunrise seriously forgot that Aura is a MAN and all massive dragons are MALES when they picked a FEMALE voice for him.
Has Cross Ange taught you nothing of gratitude and humility? Men are wicked, Aura was already identified as the mother of the DRAGONs. Much like the Norma, she bears children for the future's sake, which pitiful men cannot hope to achieve.

These are the best detailed thoughts on Cross Ange I've had the pleasure of reading so far. You win this thread. But I think it's mainly a Fukuda show you want to look forward to rather than just a Sunrise one. I thought the same until I though of Gundam REC & Buddy Complex, to name a few off the top of my head :P
Mar 29, 2015 9:40 PM

Aug 2013
The ending was okay not great but okay. I give the series a 7 out 10.
Mar 29, 2015 10:01 PM

Apr 2014
Finally its over. I didn't puke.
Mar 29, 2015 10:29 PM

Jun 2013
This anime was so unrealistic :'(

8/10
Mar 29, 2015 11:16 PM
Dec 2013
HowTragic said:
In conclusion of this series, Tusk is the only male in the entire world. Redefining the meaning of "getting all da pussy": c88 doujins here we come.
Only human male in the world. There are still male dragons.
Mar 30, 2015 12:27 AM

May 2012
One of the most entertaining anime in this season. I'm going to miss this show. Also, the ending is way better than Aldnoah.Zero ending.

I hope sunrise make more shows similar to this because this is probably the best mecha they made since Code Geass

I give it 9/10
Mar 30, 2015 12:55 AM

Apr 2013
I have a question

In the end, are there still two worlds or just one? Momoka asked what will become of the other world, so does that mean the world Ange is living on and the world Sylvia is on are separate?. I thought that Embryo created two worlds from one and destroying him would have returned the worlds to their original state.
Mar 30, 2015 1:01 AM
Aug 2014
Well...not bad... 8/10
Mar 30, 2015 1:19 AM

Feb 2012
9/10, consistently entertaining anime. Everyone that calls this crap can get shot in the face Ange style.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 30, 2015 1:33 AM

May 2014
LazerEyeBeam said:
So many plot holes, why does Ange mom know the song and has one of the rings unless the ring she had was actually the one Jill lost, or she was one of Embryo women. In face it would be funny if Embryo was actually Ange father considering he had special taste.

And i swear there were some scene recycled from the earlier episodes. Embryo tried to use the bright slap but it did not work.

This.

Although those plot holes just pale in comparison to how stupid the main villain was. Embryo practically let them win - he wasn't even toying with them (or at least the writers failed to make it seem that way).

On the other hand, it's not hard to beat Aldnoah.Zero. Aldnoah is as bland as it gets when it comes to plot, action, and character interaction. All it has going for it are pretty visuals and nice soundtracks, and the fact that Urobuchi was ever so slightly involved with it.

For me, series like Macross, Code Geass, and Evangelion set the standards.

FloydBt said:
Character development? In what universe does constant character rewrites count as character development? Plot consistency? Haha. Man, this isn't even a genderbender anime and yet they can't even keep the genders straight. Sunrise seriously forgot that Aura is a MAN and all massive dragons are MALES when they picked a FEMALE voice for him.

Meh, seems to me they got tired of writing and just wanted to end the show. It had potential and they killed it.

Those that thought that this was a good ending, I won't argue with your standards, but I'm sure you would have enjoyed it 1000x more if they did things right... by cutting back on asspulls/plot armor, crotch dives, and lame romances.
Typing on an ipad is like driving carpentry nails with a sledgehammer.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

194 by Babieca009 »»
Aug 17, 2023 5:51 PM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

131 by FireRifle64 »»
Aug 8, 2023 1:03 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2015

285 by Nikoslovescoffee »»
Jul 17, 2023 4:24 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

151 by Nikoslovescoffee »»
Jul 17, 2023 3:38 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2015

174 by FedeMetal »»
Jul 1, 2023 9:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.