Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 27, 2015 10:24 PM

Jan 2011
What a great flipping cast man.

I don't even know what to say. This could of been really bad but the dynamic they created in a crazy would was just about perfect.

Given we are all anime fans this speaks to us in a special way and I think they represented it pretty damn well.

9/10 just fantastic. I am always, always impressed when a huge cast is in a show and every single person has a role that you remember and the progression from start to finish is achieved. Will miss it.
Mar 27, 2015 10:28 PM

Jan 2012
Absolutely wonderful series. I would love a 2nd season. Easily one of my favorites now.
Mar 27, 2015 10:29 PM

Oct 2012
Aww.. So many efforts by anime's staffs
Now I just have to respect them more and more for their efforts

Dat cameraman! Serve you right!! xD
Two Piece!! We are!! xD

"Don Don Donuts, Don Don Ikou!! xD
Thank you P.A. Works
Thank you T_T

Shirobako's staffs party afterwards

I see no difference xD

htsuji said:
Even Chazawa the funny (former) editor for Nogame is there.

It seems he isn't allowed to eat or drink around there but that is what it should be.

The funny thing is, he's not saying anything or even smiling xD
Rayl1ghtMar 27, 2015 10:35 PM
"Signature removed"
Mar 28, 2015 12:46 AM

Oct 2013
I can't believe no one mentioned the Dreamcast's appearance...
Mar 28, 2015 1:31 AM

Aug 2010
Damn it's climbing the rankings so fast :O
Mar 28, 2015 2:29 AM

Aug 2008
okanagan said:

“Creating an anime about the process of creating an anime about creating
anime presents a very unique challenge,” director Mizushima Tsutomu tells
Anime Maru. . . . . .

You don't say. I wouldn't be surprised if it did happen, however unlikely it may seem. For one, it'd be hilarious! Yet, complicated at the same time...

Anywho, a sequel about the girls making their own original anime would be more interesting I'd think.
Mar 28, 2015 3:01 AM

Nov 2014
The anime finally comes to an end(though I wish it didn't... Hoping for a second season...)
Initially, I didn't start watching from the debut of the first episode but near mid of the show. And I can say I regret a bit for not finding it out early.(knew it from an anime convention)
This anime really is a masterpiece with its humor, lessons taught and the growth that the audience can see of the characters(esp. the 5 main ones) in the show
It had been a fun and interesting ride; waiting every Friday for a new episode to come out.
While it's nice to see that Miyamori finally determined of what she wants to do, I am still hoping that the she will become a director and made the anime series the group had tried to do, back in their highschool!-Until then, I will still wish for a second season.
My rating for this anime is 10/10!(A masterpiece!)
Mar 28, 2015 3:08 AM
Mar 2013
htsuji said:
Even Chazawa the funny (former) editor for Nogame is there.

It seems he isn't allowed to eat or drink around there but that is what it should be.

Ray_Light said:
The funny thing is, he's not saying anything or even smiling xD

Yep. But at least, he is working for the anime production finally :-)
Mar 28, 2015 7:05 AM

Apr 2011
jarexx said:
great ending to a great anime. really taught us all some good life lessons.

http://seventhstyle.com/2014/08/08/shirobako-p-a-works-next-failure/
http://seventhstyle.com/2014/10/10/shirobako-is-even-worse-than-expected/

top kek. never judge a book by it's cover.

Do not even bother with that site. The "reporting" (if you can even call it that) capability of the people on that site is worse than shit-tier. Even their latter "reports" on how much Shirobako sucks just sounded like they were refusing to admit that their initial assumptions about it were wrong. It was almost like they were trying their best to find anything bad about it to complain about. Not to forget how they were so disappointed that the director came out and announced that there will be no panty shots.
Mar 28, 2015 7:42 AM

Jan 2013
I really enjoyed this series, but for some reason, I never really had an urge to watch a next episode immediately. I caught up on this show on the last week, and I think it would have benefited if I had watched one ep per week. Oh well.
Mar 28, 2015 8:05 AM

Apr 2011
What a wonderful journey.. :)
Definitely one of the best anime I have ever seen..
Feel happy with the ending, but sad at the same time cause it's over.
Really proud to give message of congratulations and encouragement in their message board today!
Mar 28, 2015 8:34 AM

Apr 2011
It was a fun ride. Thank you PA Works.

This is absolutely the best anime at ever come out from them.
Mar 28, 2015 8:37 AM
Jul 2018
Wow this anime was a real treat to watch from start to finish. Okitsu-san was my favourite this episode, replacing the bike seat with a broccoli and then that awesome driving with the cops behind her! omg I loved that very much. Another thing I'm extremely glad about is Hiraoka changing his attitude, I love the character development in this anime. 10/10 definitely, doesn't deserve anything less.

I'm hoping for a season 2 because 1 isn't enough, Nabe and the guy in the pink jacket were talking about 2 different projects planned for next year. I really hope that means we will be getting a second season, I'm keeping my hopes up anyway.

Very satisfying ending.

Stark700 said:

[/quote]
removed-userMar 28, 2015 12:32 PM
Mar 28, 2015 9:20 AM
Apr 2014
great final episode. Too many awesome scenes to mention all of them >.>

Really want more of this :( Maybe the talk between Watanabe and Katsuragi hinted at season 2? Probably not but I still hope for it D:
Mar 28, 2015 10:56 AM

Jul 2011
Gonna miss the really good character designs and facial expressions of the main girls :(
Mar 28, 2015 12:28 PM

Feb 2012
Awww, Ema wanted to do Lucy's scenes. I wish there would've been just a little bit more of the main girls together (maybe in the next season? [please])

Awesome series. I will definitely re-watch the series some time, following the characters growth a bit more and reminding the small things in anime production.

What did this show teach me? Drink beer, haha.
Mar 28, 2015 12:48 PM
Jan 2014
Loved the scene when Lucy ran up to Aria >w<
Also "Two Piece"... XD

Definitely one of my favourite shows, PA Works did a great job! The ending was great but I would love to see a season two :3 Zuka needs more development!
Now that it's over... I'll have to rewatch this sometime ;-;

aikaflip said:
Here are some of the real life character counterparts.

[click to enlarge]

And this is so cool, hahaha
Mar 28, 2015 4:38 PM

Aug 2010
Holy cow that Yano Erika to the rescue scene, that was awesome. A nice way to end the series although one would hope for a second season, there is still much that can be done.

While I understand that some people felt the show had way too many appealing girls in it to be realistic, it was still a breath of fresh air among all the generic adaptations that plague the industry. Loved the insight into how anime is made and it was really fun to figure out what they were referencing in any given scene. Plus it felt a rather accurate (and somewhat romanticized) portrayal of a workplace. 8/10.
Mar 28, 2015 5:29 PM

Mar 2012
Two Piece though, lol.

I would definitely be in favor of a second season of this. The second half in particular was great. More of this and less of Glasslip pls, P.A. Works.
Mar 28, 2015 5:52 PM

Dec 2011
second season pls
Mar 28, 2015 6:52 PM

Nov 2013
Amazing anime and underrated! Dat speech was awesome, well done! I'm gonna miss this :( 10/10

Mar 28, 2015 8:08 PM

Jun 2013
The last 3 episodes of Shirobako solidified it as one of my favorites. I don't want it to end.

("Glass" what now?)
Mar 28, 2015 8:26 PM
Sep 2014
All I have to say is
TWO PIECE

Mar 28, 2015 8:43 PM

Jan 2013
Satisfying ending, best P.A Works anime in awhile.
Mar 28, 2015 9:56 PM

Oct 2011
Ahh.. it such a relive seeing a good ending after seeing a "meh" ending. (i watch AZ final ep first before i watch shirobako final ep) XD
Mar 29, 2015 12:07 AM

Sep 2014
:') splendid.

I hope P.A. Works comes up with an OVA for "Two Piece".
Onodera-chanMar 29, 2015 12:13 AM
Mar 29, 2015 12:33 AM

Nov 2014
Well done P.A Works, I hope you could continue this anime. I really loved this series so much, that I don't want to open my FB account so I wouldn't see some spoilers when the new episode came out. I hope you could bring more episodes to this series, like OVA's or if you wouldn't mind a second season :)

10/10 damn it! I'll miss that "Don-Don Donuts, Let's go nuts".
Mar 29, 2015 5:08 AM

Dec 2014
The tape delivery was so funny. I'm glad that Miyamori and her friends were able to work on the same anime.
Miyamori said:
There are people who think up the story, draw the characters, and then make them move, then the actors, then the music. It took many people with different strengths and various talents working together to make Anime. And not just those immediate connections, but we received indirect connections from the past, as well as other companies and projects too.
When you include all that, I realized that Anime is made by hundreds of thousands of people, decades' worth of time and the thoughts and feelings of all the people who watch it.

Miyamori's speech sums up this series. Her speech and this series also made me appreciate Anime even more.
Mar 29, 2015 5:17 AM

Mar 2014
D-Joe said:
Thank you PA Works, every staff and seiyuus.
It's an amazing half year.

https://twitter.com/shirobako_anime/status/581109478814138368

Otsukaresama
Mar 29, 2015 12:07 PM

Oct 2009
Amazing show. I'll really miss this.
Mar 29, 2015 1:17 PM

Aug 2011
That was a load of fucking beautiful.
Mar 29, 2015 3:23 PM

May 2013
Yep, ship 'em. Surprising to see Segawa at the office finally.

Haha, Taro and Daisuke have great chemistry as friends.

Hmmm, to get references I would imagine just searching on the internet.

Awww Ema's crying too.

GOOD WORK EVERYONE!!!! <33333

Lol, the deliveries sure are intense.

Okitsu speeding? Going by SHIP, Yano? Dang.

Go Miyamori! You can do it girl!

Miyamori: the future's greatest anime director. I see it!!! Cheers!

Two Piece, huh? Wonder what that could be~~~

Don-don-donuts, let's go nuts!

God, this anime... is amazing. Really will miss the crew. The best anime of anime.
Mar 29, 2015 3:45 PM

Dec 2012
It was a great anime ! Good job P.A. Works. It's impressive to have so many characters with a lot of details in one series. I really loved to learn things about animation, to follow the life of Miyamori and her friends, and to see these anime created. (EXODUS!).
9/10 I recommend it
Mar 29, 2015 3:55 PM

Nov 2007
Such a satisfying ending of this anime about anime! This has turned into the last two season's one of the best shows just in the space of the final couple of episodes (I think Akatsuki no Yona needs similar attention too).

That speech and the epilogue of the final episode were done tremendously well. The characters have been really enjoyable. They made funny characters funny, annoying characters annoying, stubborn characters stubborn and above all, the main characters lovable.

Miyamori, obviously because of her exposure in the anime, has been my favourite of the five girls. But I liked the other four girls too. Of course, the cutest among them has been Ema.

Very unlikely to see a sequel but an OVA or perhaps a movie would be greatly anticipated. I heard Glasslip was a disaster, so great comeback by one of my favourite Studios. Good Job, P.A. Works!

9/10
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 29, 2015 6:23 PM
Jun 2013
I've never seen such a high ratio of 5's before on one of the ending episodes. This show was wonderful! The quality was consistently good, the characters were understandable and relatable, and it always put a smile on my face. Shirobako is absolutely amazing. It doesn't need a season two, but I would still love one.
Mar 29, 2015 8:06 PM

Jul 2011
Freakin' CHEERS.

Consistent, fun, and even inspiring and emotional. Loved the series, glad I picked it up on a whim!

Even Hiraoka had a good moment when he was showing his prowess! ^^
And I liked Endo's reaction to Segawa. XD

Great series, great ending. Didn't disappoint!
Mar 29, 2015 9:05 PM
Jul 2014
10/10

An anime series about the inner workings on creating anime. Characters were great, the scenarios that happened and how they were resolved also great. Truly an original! Would love to have a second season where the five girls are creating their own dream anime!
Mar 29, 2015 11:50 PM

Nov 2012
NEED MORE OKITSU <3

Anyway, 11/10 best of the season for sure.
Mar 30, 2015 1:20 AM
Jan 2012
This anime was amazing!
I'm a little bit late to the party but I was thinking about a small theory/metaphor that I posted onto the anime subreddit.
It's about how Shirobako's storyline is a little bit of a metaphor to Glasslip and future anime.
The thread is here http://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/30scuc/spoilers_shirobako_theory/
Mar 30, 2015 7:39 AM

Jun 2010
Dope ending, this has to be the best season finale for the winter season. definitely hyped for the second season if it ever comes.
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Mar 30, 2015 9:01 AM

Jul 2013
It's beautiful, yes, beautiful!
10/10 last ep

9/10 overall
Mar 30, 2015 10:00 AM

Oct 2011
yhunata said:
jarexx said:
great ending to a great anime. really taught us all some good life lessons.

http://seventhstyle.com/2014/08/08/shirobako-p-a-works-next-failure/
http://seventhstyle.com/2014/10/10/shirobako-is-even-worse-than-expected/

top kek. never judge a book by it's cover.

Do not even bother with that site. The "reporting" (if you can even call it that) capability of the people on that site is worse than shit-tier. Even their latter "reports" on how much Shirobako sucks just sounded like they were refusing to admit that their initial assumptions about it were wrong. It was almost like they were trying their best to find anything bad about it to complain about. Not to forget how they were so disappointed that the director came out and announced that there will be no panty shots.

Just had a quick look through their stuff - dear god it's terrible.

It's nearly Sankaku-tier in its misogyny and horrible writing, and they even add personal bias to every article. Dear lord.

How do people like this keep making articles when they have so very little to actually say?
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
Mar 30, 2015 2:04 PM
Jul 2018
This was a great ride. A heartwarming story about 5 girls and her dreams. It ended up being eveything I was hoping for and even more. From extremly informative content about an industry we all love, to a drama/comedy very real and very relatable to anyone who's pursuing something in their lives.
Mar 30, 2015 2:06 PM

Mar 2009
Dreamgast 4? It seems Shirobako takes place in an alternate reality where Sega beat Sony. :P

Wonderful show. Certainly makes up for Glasslip.

Strangely, I found some of the earlier episodes dull, probably because people working can be a mundane affair, but eventually everything clicked for me. Not to mention I fell in love with all the characters, especially Zuka. Shirobako was a show about hard work and being rewarded for it. It obviously resonated with a lot of viewers because of this.

Very solid ending, too. I loved the throwback to the first episode with the donuts scene. Maybe a 2nd season in the future?

Definitely going to miss this one.
Mar 30, 2015 4:03 PM

Jul 2007
I'm so happy about the positive comments everyone made so far. As I previously said this series was plain awesome. I'm amazed at how much attention/care they had for this series. Animation/music/story/characters. I seriously have no complains anywhere. Very solid 9/10 from me. <3 this series so much.

PS> Also got really happy that Zuka got her role. I was starting to believe that she is gonna be the only one that will not make it... o/
Mar 31, 2015 9:52 AM

Nov 2013
I loved Shirobako from start to finish, but I'm not too happy with the last 2 episodes: they seemed a bit rushed compared to the rest of the series (which was already fast-paced) and I'm not a fan of the over-the-top scenes, which don't really belong in this anime. I was fine with the short "dream sequences" that happened from time to time, but episodes 23 and 24 went overboard with it. It seems like they're the most well recieved episodes, too. Whatever.
Tarou and Hiraoka are the best characters. Period.

SECOND SEASON WHEN?
Mar 31, 2015 10:31 PM

Mar 2013
Amazing finale and an amazing series. It started off slow in the beginning and i didn't really know where they where going to take the story but in the second half it really picked up. With all the characters and their struggles and seeing them overcome them was just a joy to watch. And i think it was so enjoyable because even if the problems are simple and aren't specific to you they are relatable and that's what makes some of the scenes so moving. Overall i really enjoyed it and even with all the great shows that aired in the fall this is definitely one of my favorites of the season.
Apr 1, 2015 7:37 AM
Mar 2013
I just remembered that Director Mizushima was the director of Joshiraku (2012), too.

htsujiApr 1, 2015 9:58 AM
Apr 1, 2015 7:57 AM

Jul 2012
A fantastic end to a fantastic series! :D

These last couple of episodes were especially great. The best scene for me has to be Aoi crying during Zuka-chan's voice recording session. Such a touching moment <3

I thoroughly enjoyed Shirobako. Please give me seasons 2!
Apr 2, 2015 2:40 AM

Feb 2014
Good series, I wonder how accurate everything is or if its idolized or dramatized somewhat. It was much better in the second half when we got to see the process from scratch.

7.5/10
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Does Shirobako get any better?

terryacer - May 7, 2018

26 by oooo3333 »»
Mar 25, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2014

138 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 12, 2:17 PM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 30, 2014

115 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 11, 3:47 AM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2014

165 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 6, 2:57 AM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2014

250 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 6, 2:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.