Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Parasyte
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Mar 25, 2015 8:07 PM

Sep 2013
9/10.
It was masterpiece material but tripped a little torwards the last couple of chapters.

Z4k said:
So many plotholes left unanswered. Too bad Madhouse didn't add some anime original scenes for explanation.

Until episode 12 it was a sold 8/10 but everything after it was disappointing as fuck after it.

6/10

The manga is still better.

And yet you gave TGrA a 9.

YEAAAAH.
AvokMar 25, 2015 8:10 PM
Mar 25, 2015 8:08 PM

Aug 2013
good adaptation!
that's fun run..
the only thing I hate is Shinichi's thunderbolt from episode 23
great ending, more satisfying than Shigatsu
8.5/10
Mar 25, 2015 8:09 PM

May 2013
So the anime ended like the manga. Not bad after all. At least Satomi redeemed herself in this episode.

8/10. What a fun ride.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Mar 25, 2015 8:10 PM
May 2014
Very skeptical about the first half of the episode, but damn that 2nd half was intense. What a way to end a series. 9.5/10
Mar 25, 2015 8:28 PM

Sep 2014
I thought it was a pretty good finale to a great series, even if it was rather depressing. I'm only sad that 23 minutes of each of my Wednesdays won't be spent watching Parasyte any more.
Oh well, time to start catching up on the manga I guess.
Mar 25, 2015 8:33 PM

May 2013
Started off very good, went slightly down hill after Tamura Reiko was gone, all in all a great anime

8/10
*insert cringey anime reference here*
Mar 25, 2015 8:35 PM

Dec 2012
Great series 9/10
Mar 25, 2015 8:39 PM

Aug 2009
To all people complaining why it wasn't explained where the parasytes come from: Because it f**king doesn't matter. Ever questioned in Tokyo Ghoul why there are ghouls? Ever questioned in magical girl animes why there are magical girls? Ever questioned why there are mechas in a mecha show? Or supernatural bullshit in every key VN?

The show was just about having the situation where there are non-human, intelligent creatures which are dangerous to humans. It doesn't matter where they come from. You can easily think of several reasons of how they could have come to existence, like coming from space, or created in a secret biological experiment which went out of hand etc. No matter how it happened, it just doesn't matter. Nitpickers can go f*** themselves.
More important are the consequences coming from this setting. And those have been well discussed especially this these last episodes.

All in all a great, very entertaining show. 9/10 from me, and I'm itching to rate it higher.
Mar 25, 2015 8:39 PM

Jan 2011
Excellent finale. Thought provoking series. No real complaints. Some the characters and interactions detracted from the overall enjoyment but the meta message was very well done.
Mar 25, 2015 8:46 PM

Aug 2013
Idk what else people wanted from the ending. Like the story was basically over there was nothing let to tell.

Would it have been nice if they explained the origin of the parasytes? Sure. But since they didn't even explain it in the manga, and the author never really even gave an in-depth answer, I'd rather leave it as is than have MH come up with some half assed anime original explanation.

Shinichi and Murano rocking new haircuts in the last ep. Uragami too technically.

Liked the piano version of Let Me Hear playing during Izumi's little monologue.

9/10 or 10/10. Haven't thought it out yet.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
sarroushMar 26, 2015 8:31 AM
Mar 25, 2015 8:48 PM

Oct 2013
Great series overall.

I really enjoyed the show, has its ups and downs but a great watch in my opinion.

When murano fell from the building I was like Nooooooo!!!.

While Migi being "I only care about my own survival" but saved Murano, I was like Ohh F*** YEaaaaaaaa!!!

9/10 solid series.

edit: Ohh and,, Murano looks so much better with that hairdo.
Mar 25, 2015 8:50 PM

Mar 2011
I'm pretty disappointed with the ending. It was interesting at first but not how I would have ended it.
Mar 25, 2015 8:55 PM

Jan 2014
mrmuk said:
To all people complaining why it wasn't explained where the parasytes come from: Because it f**king doesn't matter. Ever questioned in Tokyo Ghoul why there are ghouls? Ever questioned in magical girl animes why there are magical girls? Ever questioned why there are mechas in a mecha show? Or supernatural bullshit in every key VN?

1. It does matter. Someone tried to kill off the human race with super beings and they are never mentioned.
2. TG is probably gonna explain it later in the manga. We know ghouls have existed in the 1800's so far.
3. Pretty sure there are differences in series like that. Some magical girls shows don't have to show because it's all for fun. Other magical girl shows like Sailormoon and Madoka do show it iirc. Same with Fate/Stay Night and how the holy grail war came to be.
Mar 25, 2015 9:00 PM
Mar 2015
Aw I wished they answered how the parasytes got there, and made Migi come back permanently ):

The crazy guy showing up out of nowhere was really random o-o During most of the season, I thought this anime was amazing and would be in my top 3, but the last three episodes left...rushed and kind of meh.

It was a pretty good episode though, I'm glad Murano and Shinichi got a happy ending :D I really hope they make a second season to add more to the plot that the manga did not. Overall still a great series.
Mar 25, 2015 9:01 PM
Feb 2012
good night Migi hope u wake up one day
I desire money. Not because I am poor or because I am greedy. It is because with money I will gain power and with that power I will be able to change the world.
Mar 25, 2015 9:07 PM

Dec 2013
mrmuk said:
To all people complaining why it wasn't explained where the parasytes come from: Because it f**king doesn't matter.

Yeah, it actually does. If it didn't matter then we wouldn't be asking now would we?

mrmuk said:
Ever questioned in Tokyo Ghoul why there are ghouls?

I did, however the manga actually explains about the Ghouls and

mrmuk said:
The show was just about having the situation where there are non-human, intelligent creatures which are dangerous to humans. It doesn't matter where they come from..

Like I already stated. It does matter... How are you going to have these fictional species appear in a story and not explain why they're here, how they're created or what was their main purpose? The author could've made anything up for closure for the viewer.

mrmuk said:
Nitpickers can go f*** themselves.

Why are you so angry? Most if not all of the viewers were expecting answers for the unanswered questions.
Mar 25, 2015 9:13 PM

Jan 2011
Really enjoyed the first half of this series while lost it's steam near the end for me didn't take away from liking it though i wish it had been a little bit longer it seems it was faithful to manga

solid ass 8/10
Mar 25, 2015 9:16 PM
Sep 2014
Kinda disappointed in the end he didnt reveal Migi to Murano, obviously she probably realizes, but the whole conversation would have been a nice addition to the series. Also there wasn't much epicness like when he went nuts after Kana died.

Overall it was an ok series 6/10 but felt like it could have been a lot more than it was.
Mar 25, 2015 9:16 PM
Jul 2018
Mvp goes to Migi.
Mar 25, 2015 9:18 PM
Oct 2014
Really gonna miss this story. I loved Shinichi's and Migi's adventures. Glad they broke the episode up with the Uragami scene. I am glad Shinichi had a happy end after all. My heart dropped when Murano fell! Kinda saved the end for visiting the author's note, a necessary evil to the end of a good story. If you were to binge watch the series, the author's note is like a gentle lift back up to the real world. Reminder of how we humans treat all forms of life and what it means to who we are. Really gonna miss Migi!!
Mar 25, 2015 9:21 PM

Dec 2013
Brilliant ride overall. I heard it didn't differ or add anything out of the source material that could've summarized the story better but it's definitely one I'll miss.

A solid 7.5/10
Mar 25, 2015 9:22 PM

Jun 2013
I was a bit disappointed with ending, even when I saw it in manga. It is not bad, but I think that it changed story of anime in the last minute. I don't mind that it was "humans are polluting Earth" thing, I mind how it appeared in last few episodes. If it was like that from start, it could have been much better. Still, MadHouse did flawless job just as always. I see they are not fond of anime original endings, as they should have finished Death Note differently. This is a solid 8 from me. It was enjoyable.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Mar 25, 2015 9:38 PM

Apr 2011
For hearing this was adapting from a 90's manga i was skeptical on how they would portray the show and the quality of it. I'm blown away on how well it performed and the story,characters,music everything was amazing. 10/10
Mar 25, 2015 9:38 PM

Dec 2014
8.5 for now, rounded up to a 9
I'll change it a bit when I look furthur into it
Mar 25, 2015 9:40 PM

Feb 2013
that was a fun ride :) 8.5/10 better than TGrA shit (im a TG manga fan btw)
one of the most faithful adaptation i've seen. best anime i've this season.
now to wait for april 8th to watch the anime of the year :]
If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone
Mar 25, 2015 9:48 PM
May 2014
It was a great anime, like the manga 8/10
Mar 25, 2015 9:48 PM

May 2014
This was a perfect adaptation. And that's its main flaw. Its too bad that the manga itself had a shitty ending.
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
Mar 25, 2015 10:23 PM

Nov 2014
Shame an awesome series had horrible last 1.5 episodes. I am totally disappointed.
Sadly cool Shenci has ended, and worst nothing about his father.
Ignoring the poor confused father is not good man, not good.

I feel things are still hanging, ending is not a satisfying end. Not sure what would've satisfy me tho.

Yes after all these negativities I still give the show 9/10. I can't ignore how amazing and thrilling the most of the episodes were.

At the end my favourite character is certainly Migi :D
Mar 25, 2015 10:49 PM

Aug 2013
great ending, i think it was a lot better paced than in the manga where it was like one chapter and really awkwardly written.
8/10 i think this was a wonderful adaptation to one of my favorite manga (so glad it actually got one, couldn't believe my eyes when it was announced), but i think i prefer the manga just a bit more over the anime, not really sure why. maybe it's just because i knew the story already so there weren't any surprises for me haha
wow gay
Mar 25, 2015 11:32 PM
Nov 2014
Parasyte has been one of the best shows that was airing last year.

For me, the first half of this series was almost a masterpiece, 9.5/10. But the second half of the series has been a drop in quality, 7.5/10. The ending wasn't great but it wasn't that bad.

Overall : Final Rating 8/10 Very enjoyable series to watch, I hope for more shows like this in the future.
Mar 25, 2015 11:38 PM

Apr 2011
9/10. Was good and kept me in my seat the whole time. I actually thought she died. Damn it...would have been better :D.
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
Mar 26, 2015 12:03 AM

Dec 2013
Reiko and Shinichi's initial transformation in early episodes were the best things about this series. After those no longer had any relevance or importance, what remained too closely resembled a generic battle shounen with the forced addition of specious anthropologic philosophy. Good art/animation with a fairly good Ost, but I'd have given bonus points if Murano had fallen to her death lol.
Mar 26, 2015 12:12 AM

May 2014
Eh that was an average ending to an above average show
Kenjataimu mode status: 恒久
Mar 26, 2015 1:07 AM
Feb 2015
we still don't know who sent the parasytes? Lol!
Mar 26, 2015 1:08 AM

Jul 2012
EvilBowlOfCereal said:
It really isn't that unique, there are other body horror shows like Tokyo Ghoul that aren't so different from it.

Yeah but TG anime is stinky monkey shit compared to this
Mar 26, 2015 1:13 AM

Apr 2014
It would've been a 5/10 if Murano died, but she had to be saved.

A 4/10 it is then.
Mar 26, 2015 1:28 AM

Oct 2013
Loved it 9/10 for me :)
Mar 26, 2015 1:40 AM

Oct 2014
Superb show, but calling it a masterpiece or an instant classic is a bit of a stretch for me. I gave the series a 7/10, which I feel to be more than fair.
Mar 26, 2015 1:49 AM

Dec 2012
This started from amazing (9 or a 10) to just above average (7) tbh. It started going downhill after shimada died.

No overarching story just a bunch of arcs with poor flow and blatant/linear/rigid transition from arc to arc, that doesn't unify things together well because only flashbacks are used to remind us why that particular side character is important which is pretty lazy imo. A single overarching story feels better for the psychological genre imo.

Accessory & throwaway side characters, why should we care about and what do they contribute? Kana (unexplained talent), shimada, detective dude, murano. They exist to influence shinichi and then die, which becomes predictable.
Heavy monologues that I find hard to understand (maybe just translation problem) and just a spoon feeding of philosophy about good/evil of human. This themes was very inconsistently developed, only near the end of with the mayor arc does it get more focus.
Stagnant development of shinichi at the middle, he barely changes. Just repetitive dialogues with murano about whether he's human or not. From the beginning to the mother arc we see so much change in him, and it was so exciting and interesting to see.

The formula of the parasite encounters were overdone and become predictable very quick with migi detecting a parasite nearby. Near the beginning it was so suspenseful but it lost it from overuse.

Action scenes were mostly flailing parasite arms and weren't particularly intense. The execution of them didn't feel dramatic and suspenseful (might be because of the dubstep). Death had no shock because things were just happening to quickly and anti climatically.

I actually really like the idea of how humans are hypocrite, and its message of how there's no good and evil but only altruism and selfishness. I just wished it would've have more focus throughout the show and more show not tell which Death Parade is doing a pretty damn good job of.
Overall I think a 8/10. No hate just a critical opinion
Mar 26, 2015 2:10 AM

Mar 2012
What a Thrilling ride.

I`m gonna say good bye to this series.

8/10

Migi = True Hero
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Mar 26, 2015 2:13 AM

Dec 2014
woah the running scene at the rooftop was intense
Mar 26, 2015 2:40 AM

Mar 2014
And so it's finally over.... Its been an enjoyable ride, one with a few problems here and there, but ultimately i would recommend parasyte.

Storywise i feel like it didn't use the plot to its fullest potential (same goes for the manga). While it was interesting to see the trials Shinichi had to go through, i would have liked to have seen a lot more of the parasites side of the story. Would have been interesting with the parasites coming to political power and watching Tamura Reiko experimenting with Gotou. It also felt really unfocused, especially with the whole Kana arc. Still it was good enough. (Even if we didn't find out what the parasites exactly were -_-)

The characters is what really lets the show down. Shinichi and Migi were great.... buts thats cause the ENTIRE show was about these two, meaning basically everyone with the exception of Tamura Reiko barely got any development. By the end of the show the only characters i was interested in were Shinichi, Migi, Reiko and Gotou (cause he was badass even if the final fight didn't do him justice, like wtf where did his reaction speed go?). It didn't help that the main girl, Murano, was really annoying. I understand her purpose, but her execution could have been so much better.

Music is subjective and while overall i enjoyed the OST, i preferred the choir tracks more than the dubstep.

Art and animation was standard for madhouse, a bit of bad 3d animation here and there but overall it was fluid and looked nice.

Overall it was a very enjoyable experience, even with its flaws. 8/10
Mar 26, 2015 2:40 AM

Dec 2008
EvilBowlOfCereal said:

As a person who has read the manga and finished the anime recently I dont get the hype.Parasyte was a good show, but it i s hyped as like the second coming of Death Note.I cant believe it is ranked so high on MAL.It really isn't that unique, there are other body horror shows like Tokyo Ghoul that aren't so different from it.

but tokyo ghoul anime is shit and parasyte came in 89'
Mar 26, 2015 2:50 AM
Sep 2009
After the first half of the season I thought ill give this show at least an 8. Last two eps brought it down to 6, and thats only because I was in a good mood.
Mar 26, 2015 3:13 AM

Apr 2009
Really enjoyed the anime, but the ending felt incredibly sudden, going straight from 'OMG Parasites!' To 'meh the parasites have disappeared and no one give a shit anymore.'
7/10 could have done with more material.
Definitely still on my plan to purchase list though, if it gets licensed over here.
Mar 26, 2015 3:22 AM

Jan 2011
The ending was okay, I thought there was a lot this show could have handled better but overall I found it quite interesting.
Mar 26, 2015 3:26 AM

Dec 2008
7/10 For me this anime is wasted potential . I really liked it until ep. 16-18 .

1st Half of the show was great , constant danger mixed with Izumi hiding from other people was great .
I really loved the direction the anime was going with Izumi until 16 ep ( or something like that ) , then for no reason we get hit with his old self from 10 eps before and left with mindless bloodbath that tries too hard to keep your attention.

Imagine how great the show would've been if by the end Izumi was actually acting more like parasite then human , desperate to go back to his old life but unable , because he changed too much
Mar 26, 2015 4:05 AM

Sep 2013
good adaption of the manga

7/10
ROGUEonDUTYMar 26, 2015 6:32 AM
Mar 26, 2015 4:10 AM

Apr 2014
ROGUEonDUTY said:
good adaption of the manga and one of the better shonen of the season (looking at you SAO 2)

7/10

This isnt a shonen series.
Mar 26, 2015 4:29 AM

Apr 2013
Well, it was fine overall I guess. We got a happy end, though it never was explained where the parasites came from.
Though I didn't like Murano in the middle section and had shipped Shinichi with Kana I'm glad he could rescue her at the end.

Like already has been said, some adaptations of older, finished works like that would be fine in the future.
Pages (14) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2015

381 by yarwe »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 11, 2015

377 by yarwe »»
May 1, 3:09 PM

» Netfix - Parasyte: The Grey A Korean Live-Action series

sarahak - Aug 24, 2022

24 by Elfezen »»
Apr 23, 1:19 AM

» [SPOILERS] Parasyte: The Grey, Post-watch discussion thread

JVskunkape - Apr 13

0 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 13, 11:55 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2015

244 by httplatte »»
Apr 12, 12:25 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.