Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Mar 31, 2015 7:00 PM

Jul 2014
I was sorta expecting a second season a few episodes before the end and it seems like there's enough material as well so I really hope they make it because this anime was such a joy to watch :) Easily a 9/10 in my books
Apr 1, 2015 11:10 AM

Dec 2012
Great show ! Akatsuki no Yona is incredibly beautiful and fun to see. All the characters are extremely developed and are different. Season 2 please !

9/10 Yona x Hak, my new wallpaper !
Apr 1, 2015 11:53 AM
Mar 2015
personally I think Su-won has death flags glued to him since the beggining. All the hints and vibes somehow make me think he will end up being a Shoujo- Lelouch- Lamperouge. He has certainly a goal, we dont know which goal it is and it may be dark, but to me its still certain that he wishes well for his people. He does not brood and suffer for them like Yona that I agree with you, but Su-Won is not the type of showing emotions. Honestly I dont believe he wishes to harm the kingdom, for the contrary I believe he is on Lelouch-destiny-type which is to become a "villain" in order to unite his people. Also what happens most commonly in shoujo is regret and forgiveness (damn shoujo tropes, lol) so I believe sooner or later the trio will have their moment together to clarify things:) or to try to kill each others

Ah, I didn't mean to imply that Soo-won's intent is to harm his people or country. I don't think that at all, which is why, even though I'm suspicious he's the villain of the show, I don't see him as an entirely evil character. That, and obviously, he had genuine feelings for Hak and Yona while they were growing up. My feelings about him as a human being, though, is a completely different matter(but I'll save that discussion for another thread).

I think it's pretty clear that Soo-won really admired his father so he probably sees things in a similar fashion to Yu-hon. Yu-hon was a strong general who led Kouka to war, glory, and conquered land to add to Kouka's might. Because of that, I have to wonder if Soo-won wants the same thing. Again, he stated that he wanted to fulfill his father's wish...AND that he doesn't think the country has any need for a weak king like King Il(a king who gave away land to keep the peace, etc). If he's looking to conquering and adding more land, it would make perfect sense for him to be going around uniting the country(so Kouka will be prepared) as well as gaining the trust and loyalty of the people and his generals. He would need them to stand behind him to be able to lead them into war. Again, Soo-won also said that he was seeking the power of the people, so, to me, it kind of all makes sense. Getting back to the whole issue of evil vs good, I don't think he's doing this because he's seeking destruction so, again, you can't exactly call him an evil character. Like you said, he's probably doing it because he truly believes it's what's right for his country. BUT, what he's doing might not actually be a good thing for Kouka in the end. There's usually a backlash that comes with war. Only time will tell. And perhaps all my suspicions about him and war are completely wrong anyway XP

As for being emotional, Soo-won doesn't express himself to others. That's plain as day. I wasn't expecting him to express his feelings outwardly. Still, we have seen Soo-won have inner thoughts about his feelings regarding what he did to Hak and Yona as well as political matters, in general. Why is it that we haven't seen him bothered by the people's suffering? Again, I wasn't expecting an outward show of emotions but, at least, some inner thoughts. We've seen none of that...which is why I don't view him in the same light as Yona. Again, I suspect his concern for his country and people is something more along the lines of needing them VS actually feeling for them.

I think it's possible the trio will make up in some form by the time the anime ends. It all just depends on where the story goes, mainly what it is that Soo-won is attempting to do. Even so, I'm not sure everything can go back to exactly how they used to be. I kind of doubt they can all just pretend that none of this ever happened. Soo-won's betrayal of Hak and Yona, in my eyes anyway, is pretty darn serious. He was okay with sacrificing their lives if it came down to it.
slightly-angelicApr 1, 2015 2:31 PM
Apr 1, 2015 4:59 PM
Mar 2015
i don't think this is 1 season , i'm sure there is 2nd one , because there is nothing happen , she just gathered the dragons , i think if there is 2nd season it will be more exited than this season ^^
Apr 2, 2015 6:12 AM

May 2010
yeah, i hope that there must be 2nd season! >.< And i have one question: if they both: Soo-won and Yona want to improve the city, why they should to fight? if they have one aim??
Apr 2, 2015 6:14 AM

Jan 2015
WHY DIDNT SHE GET WITH HAK. I want that to happen so bad!
Apr 2, 2015 9:57 AM
Mar 2015
_Lucy_ said:
yeah, i hope that there must be 2nd season! >.< And i have one question: if they both: Soo-won and Yona want to improve the city, why they should to fight? if they have one aim??

It's a complicated situation. At least thus far, it seems like they have similar goals...YET, because of what Soo-won did to Hak and Yona, the hate is there. I mean, no matter their goals, you can't exactly expect Yona to just team up with someone who murdered her father, is a traitor, and was willing to sacrifice her life. Her anger is completely understandable, and there's no way she would be able to trust him after the kind of betrayal he pulled.

The real question is, what is the point of this story IF their aims really are just exactly the same? There really wouldn't be any conflict here unless you count Yona's personal feelings toward Soo-won. I feel like there's so much more to the story than this, especially given that there's still so much between King Il and his brother Yu-hon that we just do not know about.

WHY DIDNT SHE GET WITH HAK. I want that to happen so bad!

HakXYona is so OTP-worthy.
I can tell you that where the anime ended is WAY too early for anything like that to be happening...so I'm okay with it.
slightly-angelicApr 3, 2015 4:01 PM
Apr 2, 2015 10:53 AM
Nov 2013
That was very entertaining, i liked all the characters especially Hak

i really want to see another season right now.
Apr 5, 2015 7:41 PM

Nov 2007
A 2nd season is necessary for this... I still don't know why the Yellow dragon isn't "awakened," if Su-Won is really bad or good even if he killed King Il, what the Sky Clan is waiting for, nor what Yona is going to do about Su-Won. It's a very complex situation indeed. My guess is that land splits from tensions within the kingdom and the Sky Clan alongside some other land joins Yona to fight Su-Won for some reason that hasn't been brought up yet. Maybe she tries to expose King Il's death or something.
Apr 6, 2015 9:59 AM

Oct 2008
I just love how exactly in the final episode they questioned "hey now after we found all 4 dragons what are we supposed to do? Hurr idk lol ,derp around some more I guess..."

Meh as someone who likes series such as Seirei No Moribito as well as shoujo series alike ,this was just barely above average.Not much to say in the action department,not much in the romance department as well, just the hunt for the 4 bishonens and that was pretty much it not much else.World building was nothing to special,the reverse harem was obviously there for the girls to wet their panties,at least the princess wasn't as insufferable and whiny as I initially thought so there's that to the series credit.
I fell like the overuse of comedy and chibi crap really hurt the series overall,like you couldn't have any remotely scene happening without some ham-fisted comedy inserted like a handbrake.
Apr 6, 2015 5:53 PM

Mar 2014
What a wonderful series to watch.

The plot feels like it has a long way to go, making this season feel like one big origin story but the multiple arcs were all entertaining in their own way so it wasn't much of a problem.

The characters were all really great. Yona is a lovable MC who grew throughout the series (not as much as i would have liked but whatever). All the other side characters were interesting in their own way and the character relations in this show were spectacular to watch. My one complaint is that the blue dragon didn't really do much after his arc. He is the silent type, so its to be expected, however i would have liked for him to be more involved with the rest of the group.

The art and animation was actually quite good, even becoming great when it needed to be. All the character designs were a treat to the eyes and there weren't any major faults to be found.

The OST was solid. Nothing memorable but it accompanied the show quite well.

Overall i had a blast with this show and really hope that a season 2 is on the way. 9/10
Apr 7, 2015 5:28 PM
Apr 2015
julyachan said:
Rayzer said:

[spoiler] So here is the theory that I read in reddit:
The King II asked Soo Woon to kill him.
So if Soo Woon is the sword, maybe this theory makes sense.
Im pretty sure Hak is the shield :3 Or at least I hope so.
julyachan said:
SchwingBoner said:
Great ending but why tease me like this? Not even a proper kiss. =P

Yeah I know how you feel.
Also... OMG look at his hands, kinda big btw O.O
julyachan said:
Rayzer said:
[spoiler]Where did you find that about King Il theory?
I was actually thinking that too for months. Because there's no way Su-Won will kill King Il for no reason. (Not just for the revenge of his father.)

[spoiler]
I was Reading the Akatsuki no Yona episode discussion on reddit, and a guy commented this theory.

[spoiler]
i saw something like that too, but i keep having a feeling that yona is the sword, hak is the shield, and suwon is the king.[/quote]
Apr 7, 2015 6:08 PM

Jan 2012
10/10 It started quite slow , but I grew loving it more and more as it carried on , would love a second season for this.

Will definitely be picking up the manga.
Apr 8, 2015 8:51 AM

Apr 2010
Watch Suwon turned out like Itachii ending
"Do not consider yourself deprived because your dreams were not fulfilled; the truly deprived have never dreams."
-Marie von Ebner
Apr 9, 2015 6:43 PM

Aug 2011
Wadeos said:
What a wonderful series to watch.

The plot feels like it has a long way to go, making this season feel like one big origin story but the multiple arcs were all entertaining in their own way so it wasn't much of a problem.

The characters were all really great. Yona is a lovable MC who grew throughout the series (not as much as i would have liked but whatever). All the other side characters were interesting in their own way and the character relations in this show were spectacular to watch. My one complaint is that the blue dragon didn't really do much after his arc. He is the silent type, so its to be expected, however i would have liked for him to be more involved with the rest of the group.

The art and animation was actually quite good, even becoming great when it needed to be. All the character designs were a treat to the eyes and there weren't any major faults to be found.

The OST was solid. Nothing memorable but it accompanied the show quite well.

Overall i had a blast with this show and really hope that a season 2 is on the way. 9/10

I agree; character development was excellent, although I also feel Shin-Ah should have conversed and socialized more with the others. HCe 's just... there. I found Hak and Jae-Ha very entertaining. I would have enjoyed a bit more romance, but under the circumstances... we'll just have to wait season 2, or the OVA.

Rating 9/10.
Apr 9, 2015 6:53 PM

Aug 2012
If Yona still loves Soo-Won, i'm gonna be pissed! Most surprising series 9/10!~

Apr 10, 2015 9:28 AM
Mar 2015
FrankyVun said:
julyachan said:

[spoiler] So here is the theory that I read in reddit:
The King II asked Soo Woon to kill him.
So if Soo Woon is the sword, maybe this theory makes sense.
Im pretty sure Hak is the shield :3 Or at least I hope so.
julyachan said:

Yeah I know how you feel.
Also... OMG look at his hands, kinda big btw O.O
julyachan said:

[spoiler]
I was Reading the Akatsuki no Yona episode discussion on reddit, and a guy commented this theory.

[spoiler]
i saw something like that too, but i keep having a feeling that yona is the sword, hak is the shield, and suwon is the king.
[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]

If that theory turns out to be true, there would be a lot of explanation needed for me to buy into it 'cos it doesn't make any sense to me.
slightly-angelicApr 10, 2015 9:31 AM
Apr 10, 2015 10:45 AM
Jan 2015
I want season 2 like my body is not just ready it's more than ready it's gonna explode if they don't announce a season 2
Apr 10, 2015 11:22 AM

Jun 2014
slightly-angelic said:
If that theory turns out to be true, there would be a lot of explanation needed for me to buy into it 'cos it doesn't make any sense to me.

Apr 10, 2015 1:47 PM
Mar 2015
dream_eater1012 said:
slightly-angelic said:

EDIT:
I fell like the overuse of comedy and chibi crap really hurt the series overall,like you couldn't have any remotely scene happening without some ham-fisted comedy inserted like a handbrake.

Different things for different people. I couldn't disagree more with this. If AnY was more serious, I think I wouldn't like it nearly this much. Too much depression...and the already slow pacing of the anime would seem even slower. I like it for being entertaining just as equally as I like it for its serious, down to earth story. I appreciate the comedy-relief moments so much. It gives the series good balance, IMO.
slightly-angelicApr 10, 2015 3:03 PM
Apr 10, 2015 2:50 PM

Jun 2014
slightly-angelic said:
dream_eater1012 said:

Apr 10, 2015 5:50 PM
Mar 2015

Hmm. It's hard to talk about body positions when we have no idea what went on in that room before Yona found them. Maybe King Il wasn't expecting Soo-won to put a sword through him? Or if he was...perhaps he wasn't trying to make an effort to get away. I say that because it's been hinted that King Il isn't the coward that people view him to be. Perhaps he's the very opposite of that, and faced death with courage? I mean, the guy did grab a sword with his bare hands and hid any sign of pain behind his smile. *shrugs*
[/spoiler][/quote]
Apr 10, 2015 7:42 PM

Jun 2014
slightly-angelic said:
Hmm. It's hard to talk about body positions when we have no idea what went on in that room before Yona found them. Maybe King Il wasn't expecting Soo-won to put a sword through him? Or if he was...perhaps he wasn't trying to make an effort to get away. I say that because it's been hinted that King Il isn't the coward that people view him to be. Perhaps he's the very opposite of that, and faced death with courage? I mean, the guy did grab a sword with his bare hands and hid any sign of pain behind his smile. *shrugs*

Possibly. I'd believe it if Il allowed Soo-won to kill him.
Apr 10, 2015 9:05 PM

Jul 2012
Excellent show! I hope there's a second season. Otherwise, I'm definitely going to read the manga.

I adore the characters. They are so well written and dynamic.

8/10 SEASON 2 WHEN
Apr 11, 2015 1:33 PM

Jan 2012
the show is good for what it is..

would have preferred less happy-go-lucky type comedy and shorter character intro arcs and more politic side of the phaggot king though..

easy 8/10 in my book

any yona needs to grow her hair out again before she learns all these combat skills and become a full blown dyke
Apr 23, 2015 11:06 PM

Jun 2013
Steady. Deliberate. Methodical.

^Just a few key words I use to describe this series. Akatsuki no Yona is honestly quite simple in terms of its story, but its characters are anything but (especially Yona and Su-won, holy cow). It is one great example of how much good execution matters. Any gripes I had (I did have a few ) were easy to forgive and forget. I haven't enjoyed an adventure series like this much in a long while, and I hope we get to see more of the story in animated form.

Best moments for me were ALL of episode 22 and the close ups of Yona's fiery determined eyes, especially in eps. 5 and 21. Gave me chills and and just an overall feeling of "f*** yeah!"
Apr 25, 2015 5:18 PM

Jan 2011
The last few episodes were really good. Except for the captain still swinging mighty words like "already tired?" and stuff, when she was enjoying her pipe. Heck, she even said she would join the fight earlier, and there she is, standing around lazy, enjoying herself and complaining that it's not going fast enough, when it's the dragons and Hak doing all the work, with her ragtag team already out of the picture.

Anyways, the beginning and some parts of the search were really slow, but it got better past half-time or so. Looking forward for more.
Apr 28, 2015 8:48 AM

Jan 2014
I REALLY want Yona and Hak to get together... SO. BADLY.
I ended up watching the last 22 episodes in one day... and I'm tired. It's noon and I haven't slept yet... I kept on saying, "Just one more episode." But no, I watched 8 more episodes after I said that...
Anyways, I really love this anime! It's one of my favorites now. :)
Does anyone else get the feeling that Yona might actually have a power like the other dragons? I mean, technically she IS the descendant of the crimson dragon, so I think it would make sense. With those fiery eyes (episode 22), I thought she was going to light that one dude on fire or something O.O
Also, does anyone know when season two will come out? I need the second season right now.
Apr 28, 2015 7:58 PM
May 2013
The best question would be: Who would be the wisest king, Yona or Soo-won?
I just started reading the manga(im going from chapter 41).
Apr 29, 2015 9:11 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I started this series thinking, "Ah man, what a generic dump of a show. Well I'm watching it with people so let me not cause a scene and at least sit in silence".
The first few episodes were eh, but I found that as it went on, I enjoyed it a lot more. The characters became more than just blah generic characters.
Generic isn't exactly fitting. This show went back to basics, and sometimes I think that's what shows need nowadays. There's so much work being done to make the next big thing, but Akatsuki no Yona uses an older, more simple formula; the formula isn't worn out either, but they keep it fresh just by keeping it alive.
Folks traveling on a journey to create/restore peace (or something like that)-- yeah, we've seen that a lot, but there is something about Yona that makes you care about the characters a bit more, and the characters are important in this type of story.
Anyway, I'm glad I took my head out of my ass and watched the show for what it was. Time well spent.

I really didn't like Ao though. The folks I was watching it with squeal every time Ao appeared; I couldn't help but find Ao to be an annoying rodent upon its first appearance. The people I watched it with also liked Yona and Hak, and I'm kinda more like, "Nah, I kinda like Yona and Yun", but what can you do? I already know Yona and Hak are more likely, but meh. Toovanilla,toocliche.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Apr 29, 2015 9:47 PM

Nov 2011
That was a decent-ish open ending, though I'm definitely hoping for a second season.

Zeno is a bit of a mystery. Are we supposed to assume that they told him everything already, or did he indirectly admit to having followed Yona and Hak ever since the beginning? If the latter is true, it would explain why he didn't have an "awakening" in this episode; he would have already had it way earlier. It's too bad that we can only wonder for now.

To be honest, it feels more like we just finished watching the prologue to the actual story.

For a long time Yona has seemed "only" above average to me, yet every week I found myself looking forward to it more than any other show. It's just fun to watch, even if it is simple. I think Swiggy's description of "back to the basics" translates the idea I'm going for well. A story doesn't need to do something "never seen before" to be great.

I'll probably end up following the manga if there's no announcement or strong hint toward a second season by the end of the year. I really do want to see what the writer has in mind for this. It's an excellent setup.
May 7, 2015 7:28 AM

Feb 2012
This definitely needs a second season.. After watching this whole series w/in 2 days, I'm itching to know what happens next. I want to know what Yona plans to do with the 4 dragons, what's with Soo-won (and if he's really a bad person), and who she ends up with.

I was initially supposed to watch this when this was anime started, but put it on hold till I have nothing else to do. Glad I was finally able to start on it. Interesting story and characters.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
May 9, 2015 3:34 PM
May 2015
I would like to mention the fact that there has been some talk that a season 2 should come out sometime in June 2015, Hope it is true and happy hunting. Until then reading the manga is a good way to wait. :3
May 9, 2015 8:44 PM

Nov 2011
Spica_Fray said:
I would like to mention the fact that there has been some talk that a season 2 should come out sometime in June 2015, Hope it is true and happy hunting. Until then reading the manga is a good way to wait. :3

That's when the BD/DVD comes out. Sales should give a rough idea as to whether this will get a sequel.
May 9, 2015 9:23 PM

Jun 2013
I am drooling for a second season! But until then, I'll gorge myself on the manga version.
臭い-
May 11, 2015 8:22 PM

Mar 2012
if this doesn't get a 2nd season this will have been the greatest time waste of a show i've watched to date. I love the overarching story, i disliked the fluff that was putting the band together. I was immensely bored with everything besides the green dragon's arc.....I had hope last episode something would develop but nope, it just wasn't meant to be. Although i desire badly to give this a 6/10, I'll give it a 7/10 given the hope of a 2nd season....hopefully it will actually get a 2nd season...

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
May 12, 2015 2:05 PM

Feb 2013
*still praying to Ye Anime Gods for a second season* In the meantime, omg the manga is beautiful and amazing! <3
May 17, 2015 2:07 AM
May 2012
I don't really feel like this is an ending, I wanted to see more. S2 please of this amazing anime.

9/10
May 17, 2015 5:54 PM

Mar 2014
A-MAZ-ING!! Time to start the manga :)
May 21, 2015 6:17 AM

Oct 2008
tl;dr read the manga

the ending was left open so you could do that. Anime most of the time is just advertising y'all know, right?
>User since 2008
Please god help me quit this website.

Such great community that doesn't even know how demographics work, AND gives """detailed"""" reviews after first episodes.

May 27, 2015 4:23 PM

Feb 2012
NEED SEASON 2
I wanted to give this a 8 but i will give it a 9 instead in hope for a second season

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

May 30, 2015 7:56 PM
May 2015
Does anybody have a link to where i can read the manga online?
Jun 1, 2015 7:21 PM

Oct 2008
katie820 said:
Does anybody have a link to where i can read the manga online?

Google "Titania scanlations" and voila.
>User since 2008
Please god help me quit this website.

Such great community that doesn't even know how demographics work, AND gives """detailed"""" reviews after first episodes.

Jun 3, 2015 10:23 PM

Apr 2015
I know I'm late to the party but to save my sanity...*prays* anyone know the song that play at the end of the episode when Hak was holding Yona in the cave? They played that tidbits that pull my heartstrings so hard and I couldn't find it anywhere. The name..I assumed performed by Akiko Shikata..?
Jun 4, 2015 1:16 AM

Nov 2010
ForbiddenOath said:
I know I'm late to the party but to save my sanity...*prays* anyone know the song that play at the end of the episode when Hak was holding Yona in the cave? They played that tidbits that pull my heartstrings so hard and I couldn't find it anywhere. The name..I assumed performed by Akiko Shikata..?

I assume that you're not referring to Akatsuki no Yona Ending 2, but that tidbit just before the end? If that's where you're talking about I'm unsure, but the singer does indeed sound like Akiko Shikata.
Jun 4, 2015 1:11 PM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
Poor Jeno got shoved in as an afterthought... Sigh.

Jun 5, 2015 9:13 AM

Apr 2011
I'm interested with Zeno. I need more of him, or rather I need more of this series.
I'm hoping for a second season.

This is a great series. Now, we have to wait for the OVA :D

9/10

Jun 7, 2015 12:18 AM
Jan 2011
I'll be in the minority but gotta say Hak/Yona romance annoys the heck out of me. The way Hak is just following Yona around without confessing makes me feel like getting a ulcer. Not to mention Yona can't get her feeling straight, add in the huge number of 'pretty guys' into this reverse harem scene makes me cringe quite a bit. Unfortunately i am still enjoying the story and looking forward to more information on my 2 fav characters Zeno and Shinha. Overall 8/10 for this anime.
Jun 13, 2015 11:16 AM

Dec 2013
I gave 8/10 ang I dislike this nothing happen, maybe because no development in the journey for me. Well i read the manga after this.

I like the comedy most then plot, my fav are Shin-ah(so much) and Hak.
Well.. the anime stop when mot of the story and development start i think (not read yet). Till then.
Skill 1 - Mask Maker.
Skill 2 - Binding Spell.
Skill 3 - Conceal Darkness.
Skill 4 - Mind Shield..
Jun 18, 2015 5:06 PM
Sep 2014
Great show but really disappointing ending. Basically we spent 24 episodes watching her gather all 4 dragons only so we can see they do nothing after that. Recommendations are really wrong about this show. Talk about betrayal and revenge got me interested in this show but we saw only first one.
But it was still fun and highly entertaining show.
NarcoJul 4, 2015 6:22 AM
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2014

270 by eevee-trouble »»
May 5, 9:07 PM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2014

138 by Seraschi »»
Apr 6, 1:42 PM

Poll: » should i keep watching????

Tamar5858 - Jul 31, 2022

20 by BiobulletM »»
Apr 3, 2:21 PM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Feb 17, 2015

146 by nyaasar »»
Mar 21, 1:00 PM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2015

148 by WolfWood37 »»
Feb 9, 1:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.