Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 22, 2015 10:12 AM

Sep 2013
Episode 24 of Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo had Angelize sama say this in the preview.

Which means there may be Movie release(s) or OVA(s) in the future.
Also extras included in the Blu ray/DVD releases to cover more of the story.
Maybe a 2nd season if those sell well as well.
Mar 22, 2015 12:42 PM

Mar 2012
ichii_1 said:
Episode 24 of Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo had Angelize sama say this in the preview.

Cross Ange has a streak advantage of being an original series,, which means with no manga or LN to gets its material, the producers can do whatever story they come up,,,, Also it is a mecha series,,,which compared to other genre's are the one that get sequels, movies, ova's and spin offs the most' be it the same or using new characters in the same universe...also the sales are doing quite well....not extreme but no loss either .

right now it is 6.8k average and is looking to be going for a 5k average as whole...so yeah it is possible...we just have to wait and see ....if not i am pretty confident we will get a satisfying conclusion anyway :D
Mar 22, 2015 2:42 PM

Apr 2013
ichii_1 said:

i saw that as a joke because it happens so often

if there was something new though i would watch it
Mar 22, 2015 6:16 PM

Mar 2009
It's going to be a hentai next.
Mar 22, 2015 9:35 PM

Jun 2011
Mormegil said:
It's going to be a hentai next.
I will gladly pay for it.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 22, 2015 9:36 PM

Sep 2013
ToG25thBaam said:
Mormegil said:
It's going to be a yuri next.

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Once an alt always an alt! | ( ˇ෴ˇ ) | I ♥ Music
Mar 25, 2015 11:39 AM

Jul 2009
Brynhildr said:
ToG25thBaam said:

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I am with you in this one hahaha
As long as there is no Tusk I will watch it...
Mar 29, 2015 6:31 AM

Jan 2013
i just want ovas to have some romance between Ange and Hilda. That kiss from episode 24 can't be the last one that I'll see T_T
Mar 29, 2015 11:24 AM

Oct 2013
Sequel material right here:

At first I wasn't that much for it since having Sylvia going down the same path as Ange might sound nice but if it's too much like it's prequel then it'll fall short, as Sylvia will constantly be compared to Ange but will most likely not be as great of a main character.

But thinking about it more, that might not be so bad. Thing is, Sylvia can walk on a similar path as Ange but she shouldn't be Ange. Her experiences & approach towards them can be similar at best but they should also differ in order to give Sylvia her own identity.
Mar 29, 2015 11:40 AM

Nov 2013
There's no way this is getting a sequel. It's just not that type of show. Sunrise will be focusing on other projects for sure.
Mar 29, 2015 11:50 AM

Oct 2013
Yea, I sadly agree for the most part. Though I think we can still hope for one or two OVAs. Either about Sylvia, some of the other characters or Cafe Ange. Plenty to choose from.
Mar 29, 2015 11:56 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
ichii_1 said:

Yes Please

I want to see dem babies
Mar 29, 2015 12:30 PM

Mar 2008
I don't think it needs one. The show concluded very well.
Mar 29, 2015 12:41 PM

Sep 2013
razisgosu said:
I don't think it needs one. The show concluded very well.

Some OVAs would be great, how both worlds is doing and more sex scenes and slice of life moments with everyone.
Mar 29, 2015 12:56 PM

Sep 2010
bittersweetlove said:
Brynhildr said:

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ange x Hilda, Ange x Hilda x Salako, and Chris x Rosalie only!
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Mar 29, 2015 1:02 PM

Jul 2009
I don't think Sunrise can make another show like this. There might be a new OVA series depicting an alternate or earlier timeline like Code Geass is doing with Akito.

Maybe a series about Alektra's younger days? Sylvia's doing in her world? Or even Naomi's scenario in that PS Vita game?

Anyways i do hope they at least do one of these scenarios in the near future.

I'm satisfied with the ending tbh. It's perfect and you can't really go wrong with it ^^
Mar 29, 2015 2:06 PM

Nov 2008
It doesn't need a sequel, everything is wrapped up just fine.

Mar 29, 2015 7:02 PM

May 2013
Did Tusk just received a harem large as a nation o.O?

Whatever ... Cafe Ange is half-real, still missing the babies <3
Mar 29, 2015 7:13 PM

Jul 2014
Hoppy said:
It doesn't need a sequel, everything is wrapped up just fine.
it doesnt need but we need ;) i really miss this show. At least be OVA or movie.
Mar 29, 2015 9:02 PM

Oct 2013
Yes we do!

We'd be following the adventures of Sylvia in a post-apocalyptic setting. She'd lead a band of men & women, starting out as thugs, looters, some just nothing more than that, others possessing some morals. She'd have to sort out the good from the bad, inner-conflicts would take place and she'd have to earn the respect of the ones who'd be capable of respect, while getting rid of the ones who wouldn't. It'd also be an interesting turn if Sylvia wouldn't be able to gain any followers at all, lacking the inspiring leadership abilities of her sister, and she'd be conflicted by that. She'd lack the confidence Ange had, but manage to push forward in her own way regardless of that.

She'd get a tone of hate from the viewers early on, just like Ange did, but her behavior given the situation, just like her sister's, would be understandable - bring out the character development.

Alright, I'm done daydreaming. I'll just be content with any possible OVAs that we actually have a chance in getting.
Mar 29, 2015 11:12 PM
Dec 2013
I just want some OVAs. A slice of life sequel featuring Ange and Tusk. And maybe something focusing on Sylvia. Two episodes each.
Byunjin said:

Yes he did.
Mar 31, 2015 8:21 AM

Oct 2013
Motherurck said:
I just want some OVAs. A slice of life sequel featuring Ange and Tusk. And maybe something focusing on Sylvia. Two episodes each.
Byunjin said:

Yes he did.

beta harem
nanofate fan
konata x kagami fan
Mar 31, 2015 2:54 PM
Nov 2014
It is possible to recut the whole series in to movies like they did in Gundam and Eva and macross, touch up the animation makes series of three movies and change the whole ending that incooperate the better hints planted and change the ending.
Mar 31, 2015 11:39 PM

Sep 2014
Slice of Life OVA is all I want
Apr 1, 2015 6:07 PM

Dec 2012
idk apriil jokes or what
found in wikipedia said " Furthermore, there is going to be a second season being debut around October 2015 because of the positive receipt this series has gotten.
i take it the wiki controbutor just joking
Apr 2, 2015 8:38 AM

Oct 2014
Omnisword said:
idk apriil jokes or what
found in wikipedia said " Furthermore, there is going to be a second season being debut around October 2015 because of the positive receipt this series has gotten.

Definitely BS
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 5, 2015 8:14 PM

Sep 2013
One thing to keep in mind is that Nana Mizuki is in it.
That means $
WHEN NANA WILLS IT, IT SHALL BE DONE!

Apr 7, 2015 5:40 PM
Dec 2013
Omnisword said:
idk apriil jokes or what
Well, by the end of the series, it did get a positive reception.

Seriously, look at ranking on here as an example. It was at 6.5 and now it's at 7.5. All cause of that damn first two episodes...
Apr 8, 2015 6:15 AM

Nov 2014
^

Honestly the first couple episodes were good. I don't know why people hated them so much.

It did a good job at setting the world and the struggles Ange would go through. The pacing was also good. No need to dwell so much on her princess life when the show was going to turn her life upside down fast and hard. The fan service was fine too. Well I'm tolerant of it. Others can hate it all they want.

I think the anime should at least be an 8 here on MAL.

As for sequels, yeah a Sylvia sequel would work, but if it's the same as Ange then it would just be recycling the same story.

I think slice of life OVAs are the perfect sequels we can get.
Apr 13, 2015 7:53 PM

Sep 2010
If its going to get anything probably just re-cap OVAs/movies cause we all know how Japan likes those.

I personally want a sequel set a few years after the first season, but this time with Sylvia being a badass just like her sister. And Mana!Hilda will be her girlfriend and they have a canon relationship. xD
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Sep 9, 2015 12:24 AM

Jan 2014
I want to know what happened to Princess Misty.

Besides Momoka and that base officer, she's the only nice mana-user in the story. She didn't just hate Ange right from the start like all the others but wanted to investigate the matter properly. Could develop into an interesting character, that Misty.
Sep 9, 2016 9:01 PM
Aug 2015
I like a second season of this anime but with Sylvia as the main character a few years later it is obvious that they wanted to redeem Sylvia's character so that they can use her in season 2 I feel sorry for Sylvia she lost her family and her sister Ange abandon her Ange get's to live in peace with her boyfriend and all of her friends and Sylvia has to fight to survive every day for the rest of her life
Sep 9, 2016 9:13 PM

Jan 2016
Many people like the idea of Sylvia being the protagonist of a *sequel*... but I'm curious.... would it still be called Cross Ange if she is the protag?
Nov 28, 2016 5:16 AM

Sep 2016
I can not say if I want to continue, whether it season2, ova or movies. It ended perfectly. I'd rather this series acquire more relief. It is terribly underrated. In my opinion I think I can give almost 10. It has everything. However any sequel of this pearl is welcome ^_^
Nov 28, 2016 5:40 AM

Sep 2016
Shinonono_Houki said:
I can not say if I want to continue, whether it season2, ova or movies. It ended perfectly. I'd rather this series acquire more relief. It is terribly underrated. In my opinion I think I can give almost 10. It has everything. However any sequel of this pearl is welcome ^_^
exactly, we need 50 episode of cafe ange
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Dec 8, 2016 8:48 AM

Jul 2010
Here's what the sequel will be like... Sylvia will start becoming our badass MC for the first half then the second half Ange comes and takes the spotlight and Sylvia becomes a side character....

What kind of big problem can they pull out that would make sense at this point? If it's just a story about Sylvia living in a post world, an OVA would be just fine. Maybe they can make the small priestess the next villain or something, but I'd love an OVA about Sylvia's life and a fun little catch up with the MCs in the other world.

I especially would love to see the polygammy in the new world :D... Ange with Tusk and Hilda~~ yum yum
Dec 8, 2016 9:25 AM

Jul 2009
As far as I remember, the series didn't sell good enough to warrant a second season. But anyways, I rather have Hilda as the new MC, best girl.
Dec 11, 2016 7:40 AM

Sep 2016
GangsterCat said:
Shinonono_Houki said:
exactly, we need 50 episode of cafe ange

^_^ ^_^ ABSOLUTELY ^_^ ^_^
Feb 4, 2017 10:34 AM
Jun 2015
Having a Cross Ange OVA or A Cross Ange Remake movie is fine with me.
Feb 4, 2017 10:35 AM
Jun 2015
Having a Cross Ange OVA or A Cross Ange Remake movie is fine with me.
Apr 7, 2017 7:09 PM

Aug 2010
bittersweetlove said:
Brynhildr said:

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Boring. If they're going to make hentai it needs the threesome!
Apr 7, 2017 8:05 PM

Jul 2009
I know this show didn't sell well, but damn would I really like a second season. Hot chicks, great action, exciting story: Cross Ange's got it all. Easily one of the best guilty pleasures I've ever experienced lol.
Aug 24, 2017 3:34 AM

Aug 2017
bittersweetlove said:
Brynhildr said:

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

lol ikr I was hoping Tusk would stay dead but I knew there was the possibility they would pull a plot jerk and make him magically survive even as Ange asked him for an explanation he never could because he used his "godly plot powers"
Mar 12, 2019 9:22 AM

May 2016
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) I'm in tho.

More topics from this board

» Is there anywhere online where I can watch this legally?

Aletheia_xxx - Yesterday

1 by FramingTheNarrat »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2015

331 by jiashun02 »»
Oct 22, 2023 3:16 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

194 by Babieca009 »»
Aug 17, 2023 5:51 PM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

131 by FireRifle64 »»
Aug 8, 2023 1:03 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2015

285 by Nikoslovescoffee »»
Jul 17, 2023 4:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.