Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Apr 29, 2015 1:12 PM
Apr 2015
I liked this anime.. I know that others might not.. but I enjoyed it. I hope that we will have another season for this. I want my gurl Miyabi to get her man even though she went all yundare and tried to kill all dem bitches.. I want Tooru to chose miyabi even though he rejected her.... I believed that he would of said yes to her... but that fucker had to have a flash back ;-;.. I know that he will never choose her but in the deep recesses of my heart I have a flicker of hope that he will one day go up to her, forgive her, kiss her, and tell her that he loves her .... BUT... common we all know that he will either pick julie or go the to the harem protagonist route.
May 4, 2015 2:15 PM

Jun 2011
Nice ending. I wouldn't mind a second season if it's getting one.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 5, 2015 2:42 AM

Jan 2012
STFU with your mamoru, like hell you can mamoru anyone, so tired of him spamming that word.

Another cliche ending where main gets OP only when they see the other dies. Then the other is actually not dead and had to hug to calm her down. Deja vu.
May 7, 2015 2:23 PM

Jun 2008
It was bad. That's all.
May 8, 2015 9:40 AM

Jan 2013
DoctorWasabi said:
People watching this like they are expecting something deep, or the best story ever. You know from the start this is going to be a harem themed anime, yet people still watch it and call it trash. Here's a thing, if you don't like an anime

Or another idea if you don't like harem anime

Dropped at 11th episode...This shit was worse than IS 2...GARBAGE OF THE YEAR!
(would've dropped at 3 but had to ride out for the review. couldn't make it to 12)
May 10, 2015 1:30 PM

May 2012
Pretty average ending, as expected from start till ending pretty much action wise mediocre and fan service galore when it fit. Oh well good it's over with.

The ED's were nice though!
May 12, 2015 10:26 AM

Jun 2013
How I finished this anime, I will never know.

WHAT KIND OF FUCKING SHIT IS THIS
May 15, 2015 12:16 AM

Apr 2015
They change parts of the original script to give yuri vibes.... BS.
#CHEXIT
May 17, 2015 6:26 AM
May 2012
Dat CGI, but otherwise I don't really think it's that bad overall. If there's one thing that made me stay, it was the chemistry between Tooru and Julie. Other than that, a nice watch for me from start to end. Though I really wonder if there was really an Absolute Duo.

8/10
May 18, 2015 9:24 AM

Nov 2009
I think the entire thing with the keyword Absolute Duo... is Blaze partners ends up marrying each other... thus the "oath" they do at the end... yea...

This series is quite stupid, there's no real teamwork fights where they use their Blaze as a combo.
Throughout the entire series, the blaze they have just remains the same, no change.

I doubt you even need Blaze to be an "Absolute Duo" cause the whole meaning is to just have a "life-long partner that you want to protect"...

What shit me the most about this series is... were there no other Blaze users they can call in to help protect the students? cause the way it looks, even Adults can still have Blaze... and what about that girl from episode 1... bet she would have loved to come in and help...
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jun 6, 2015 8:26 AM

Feb 2015
I was super excited at the beginning of this series but by the end I was let down. It absolutely didn't meet my expectations...
Jun 13, 2015 11:45 AM

Sep 2014
4/10 just for Lilith, If the show didn't have Lilith 1/10.
Aug 2, 2015 9:42 AM

Oct 2013
Loli rampage was probably the best scene on this episode, sadly there was no kissu.
well i think we can call it a harem ending, although i ship Tooru x Lilith.

It's good to see Tooru wielding Julie's blade in his right arms, makes him alot cooler than just using a fist.

Overall score 7/10, wouldn't mind for a 2nd season.
Aug 25, 2015 9:09 PM

Mar 2013
The last few episodes and the ending was so rushed. Even between the episodes you felt like there was a lot of important parts left out. Didnt turn out like i thought, but still finished it. Will there be season 2?
Aug 26, 2015 3:18 AM

Aug 2013
The final arc was really bad. I wish we had a better villain. K was so meh...

4/10
Oct 6, 2015 6:44 AM
Mar 2013
I had to raise it to a 7. The show broke the norm in a few areas. The first one, is that the female mcs actually will apologize at times when they hurt or misunderstand Toru (Tomoe even gets on her kness when she does), which is something most shows really don't do. Another thing I liked was that the show broke the norm by Toru not so blinded by revenge that he is willing to do anything for it or act like a bad person etc (most of the time they will have the characters all cold-hearted, big ego, jerks, etc and just straight out blinded by their revenge, but they didn't do that to Toru, which I really enjoyed).
RoychopOct 6, 2015 7:18 AM
Oct 14, 2015 6:07 AM
Sep 2013
I really wanted to like this anime.. And at first I was enjoying it... But for me, it went downhill fast... No character development for the other girls.. It was literally all about Julie. Julie this or Julie that. I don't know why, but she started to get on my nerves... Also there's so many unanswered questions that leaves us hanging. Overall I did not enjoy this anime at all

Absolute waste of time 2/10
Oct 18, 2015 6:45 PM

Mar 2012
It was alright up til ther point where they introduced the blonde haired guy. Then it turned into shit.

4/10
Oct 27, 2015 12:14 AM
Nov 2014
Absolute shite.
Nov 2, 2015 11:10 AM

Dec 2014
Seepos said:
Medicore ending to medicore anime. 5/10

Agree to it fully
Nov 7, 2015 12:22 PM
Sep 2012
For a final fight the way they handled it was eck. The song is good for a certain type of battle, but not a battle where people are talking like the way they were. That really kills it for me when I think about this episode.
Nov 7, 2015 10:01 PM

Dec 2014
Well I liked the anime in the starting episodes until it became mediocre
Nov 9, 2015 7:33 AM

Apr 2009
I wonder why Japan keeps on making generic and cliche shows like these. 5/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 16, 2015 3:08 AM
Dec 2011
Roychop said:
I had to raise it to a 7. The show broke the norm in a few areas. The first one, is that the female mcs actually will apologize at times when they hurt or misunderstand Toru (Tomoe even gets on her kness when she does), which is something most shows really don't do. Another thing I liked was that the show broke the norm by Toru not so blinded by revenge that he is willing to do anything for it or act like a bad person etc (most of the time they will have the characters all cold-hearted, big ego, jerks, etc and just straight out blinded by their revenge, but they didn't do that to Toru, which I really enjoyed).

Well, he got the award of the most pussy pathetic mc ever, so congrats for him
That vagina wanted to save K from Julie even though K tried to kill them several times.
nah, I would rather have a cold hearted or a jerk person than having to deal with someone talk about protecting and all he is good at is licking the ground and crying like a little bitch for not wanting to hurt anyone.
Nov 25, 2015 9:45 AM
Mar 2013
tiagra said:
Roychop said:

Well, he got the award of the most pussy pathetic mc ever, so congrats for him
That vagina wanted to save K from Julie even though K tried to kill them several times.
nah, I would rather have a cold hearted or a jerk person than having to deal with someone talk about protecting and all he is good at is licking the ground and crying like a little bitch for not wanting to hurt anyone.

Disagree with you completely about Toru, but to each his own. Also the whole protect spamming has been done to death in so many shows (to annoying levels), so this is nothing new.
Dec 17, 2015 6:44 PM

Dec 2013
Overall it was an average show... Just kidding, it was actually garbage, quite appalling to watch at times. Not even gonna mention the battle directing. I'm so kind for giving this a 5/10. If it weren't for Absolute Best Girl Lilith and that hot springs scene, the score would be much lower. Also, fuck Julie, I don't like her.
PriestSlayerDec 17, 2015 7:00 PM
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Jan 21, 2016 2:05 AM

Dec 2012
Don't worry, Miyabi. Once Tooru gets through his dark past, he'll return your feelings.

So K was born in 1996. He looks older than Tooru. So...what year is this plot in?
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 28, 2016 6:11 PM
Jan 2016
Only disappointment of this show was the harem crap, plot line, more character information and backstory would have made things better. Now i'm not saying the shows not good, because it's still pretty good, but i'm not a fan of indecisive guys that can't chose one girl. I mean just have Julie and the main character get together and be done with the Harem crap if you ask me. Now that don't mean I don't disagree with more then one girl liking the guy that fine. Just make it to a point where the guy finally chose a girl and stop being so indecisive and stuff. Also a better plot and more back ground on the character would make it overall some better at least I think.

Anyways If i have to say my favorite character in this show it would be Julie.
Feb 1, 2016 12:23 PM

Dec 2015
Where is Duo in this? I still fail to see that after this episode end. Apart from combat scenes and some nightmare awakening of Julie and Tor, there was nothing that would give a clue why they should be together like that. Don't get me wrong, even that rich girl from England had somewhat weird reasoning behind why she want to be with MC: "we are both irregular so that means we must be together!" > something like that.

Anyway about this episode: I was thrilled to see that MC grabbed that soul sword from Julie, it totally looked like now they should be perfectly bonded together (as a materialization of their souls match or something). Scenes after that were like nothing really interesting happened, they don't even hug each other at that tower...

I'm not sure why I even watched this show to the end, it was disappointment. Plot was almost non-existent, all characters talk like: "I want to be stronger" all the times, that's just plain excuse to move forward. Harem lines were just weird. It didn't even suit this show, probably because poor reasoning of female heroines interest in Tor. It's sad because I really liked how characters looked, but there was nothing exciting beyond animation.
Feb 1, 2016 11:02 PM
Jan 2016
This ending was pretty good... Nice action there at the end... Still with the way they ended things it seems like there could be another season if they so wanted to do one. .. Also so far not sure who all knows about Tooru's sister, but it seems that Julie and the headmistress knows. Still no news or face of against the one that killed Julie's father or Tooru's sister. So they may save that for season 2 if there is one.

Hopefully if they do do a season 2 they'll finally have Tooru and Julie become a couple or at least have Tooru chose one of the girls at the end permanently not just as a duo partner, but as a girlfriend for once. The who harem get's annoying sometimes and the guy seems to be to indecisive when he chose someone. Me i'd pick the one that I got closest to and the one I liked the most and tell them that. Well maybe I might be nervous that's understandable, but to indecisive is to annoying. Tooru X Julie forever haha at least that's what I think.
Mar 8, 2016 3:48 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Have to go with the flow, your tipical ending, mad a bit worst, at least it didnt pulled of any stupid situation to rate lower my overal score of 6.
Japanese can easily make cute garls, so please just give them more substance, have just a bit more of deep to them, so I can really care for them, dont make them such superficial tropes characters...
May 16, 2016 7:54 AM

Apr 2015
Expected ending. Would have been better if there was more background information about the absolute duo thing. Why is was so necessary. I shipped LilethxMC because MCxJulie kinda felt like a father-daughter relationship after a while. Poor Lileth ='( 5/10
Jul 3, 2016 1:38 PM

Oct 2014
Just replace the aegis thing name with PLOT ARMOOOOR!

-5/10
Jul 8, 2016 7:31 PM

Jul 2016
there are still more questions to answer, one of those being what absolute duo actually is, and throughout the whole season i could only keep wondering... they had a strategy that they made that involved both of them yet they only used it once on miss bunny.

towards that end with julie and her dark power against K, i was thinking that tor was stupid for telling her to stop, just like on the boat. a mofo is trying to kill you both yet you spare his life... logic. but then would one kill cause julie to go way unstable and kill more?

jonnyb3good said:
No character development for the other girls.. It was literally all about Julie.

i was thinking maybe they could do a season for each character

the anime is definitely incomplete for sure. i guess all i can do now is wait for new content... whenever that may be.
fam_famJul 8, 2016 7:35 PM
fam fam was here. aria and shana are great. make more anime or video games for them, amarite??
^_^
Jul 31, 2016 7:29 AM

Jun 2016
Man, people are pretty harsh on this show lol. I actually really enjoyed it. The renewing their duo vows at the end was cute. Love that it ended with them having their tea. ^_^
Hoping for a 2nd season.
Sep 2, 2016 9:14 PM

Jul 2008
Absolute Trash/10
Dec 2, 2016 3:05 PM

Nov 2016
Meh... It was okay but I expected something much better, the whole battle felt so cliche and dull. Hope there is season 2
7/10
Jan 18, 2017 12:50 AM

Dec 2016
Now that is what I call a final episode. Even bunny girl made a difference.

I do wish there is a 2nd season though, need to know about the people in Tor's past.
Jan 31, 2017 1:32 PM

Apr 2013
The last few episodes were horrible. Very boring and predictable. The only good things about this anime were bunny-sensei and the beach episode. 3/10
Sep 27, 2017 8:52 AM
Nov 2013
RevyTwo-Hands said:
Man, people are pretty harsh on this show lol. I actually really enjoyed it. The renewing their duo vows at the end was cute. Love that it ended with them having their tea. ^_^
Hoping for a 2nd season.

I wholeheartedly agree with you, I actually rather enjoyed it. I gave the show a 9/10 as it wasn't quite a masterpiece but was still very good. I am pretty shocked at all the hate directed towards it....if you want to see some real crap anime go watch Green Green, Ikki Tousen, Eiken, or Junkboy to get some perspective. I really feel the hate is unjustified for this anime and think people in general are spoiled and have not seen truly bad anime in some time to be honest.
Sep 8, 2018 12:56 AM

Sep 2014
5/10 - no more words needed on how this show turned out
XiferVPSep 8, 2018 12:59 AM
Nov 21, 2018 3:56 AM

Oct 2007
I was enjoying the school episodes in the first half.

7 and 8 are basically fan sevice episodes with Julie getting attention from Tooru because she can't swim.

12 is this a plot hole? Tooru could have let Julie kill K first, before stopping Julie rage mode. I guess it was done so Tooru could look cool holding a sword to finish off K.

Bunny sensei ended up with yuri harem...

7/10 some boring moments, but decent enough to watch
Nov 21, 2018 4:00 AM

Oct 2007
Jonesy974 said:

- Tooru becoming a pussy. His whole speech about is revenge worth it and how he wants to protect, basically implied that whenever he meets the person who killed his sister, he's going to fight him, and then forgive him like a little bitch.

Sadly, that's probably what's gonna happen if Tooru ever found that guy.
Feb 6, 2019 8:09 AM

Mar 2008
Kudos for actually being funny at times.

Overall, it was bad but not as bad as something like SAO s1 lmao

Sep 13, 2019 12:07 PM
Jul 2017
I'm confused? They say early on that their blaze doesn't cause real damage then they start cutting down trees and fighting for real? Did I miss something? I liked the characters and plot but nothing is ever explained.
Nov 5, 2019 3:38 AM

May 2018
Just watched it recently and I forgot to review it. 2/10.

Absolute Duo? More like Absolute Shit.
Dec 26, 2019 8:12 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
+ Cute girls moments, relaxing and enjoyable to watch, good fanservice, some of the girls are good characters.

- Too much generic in every aspects, story doesn't make sense by moments, very bad MC

So it's a 5/10 for me (average) I still had a good time watching it, but it wasn't really worth.
Mar 31, 2020 4:59 PM
Feb 2019
do you guys know what part of the light novel this episode is based of (volume and chapter plz)
Apr 20, 2020 10:14 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
After watching fun scenes in the first half, little ny little i got bored on this show. My lack motivations come from how shit this MC was and his surroundings. Even this show can not labelled as a harem because its purely lack of other girls screen-time and their motives. Look how Miyabi just get one episodes full of her, but in the end got fast dump in the way like that. Damn, idk what writer think, but that momment really down my feeling. What is her respond after that? Join enemy side for thinking to protect your shit love? Idk what is wrong with this line of story over there??? Is that reason really needed? Whatever.

I mean, the scene happen there, was get too rushed when verything just gonna be fun before. And yes, that event changed everything. The enemy become more crazy, doing no-info battle unit, and full blown the entire school in this part. Then, for the gothic loli headmaster, her appearance shall be important for the story. But what the studio did for her? Nothing. This kid is a headmaster. Why? No detail. Even what is her relation with Lilith? Again, no shit out for that part.

It seems, this show really like to hide every important information for Manga-only readers, then? Surprising. My enjoyment got so much downside if that shit really a reason. What else? Ah so much. Everything happen just in and out with no good impact. All part become blurred, and i dont even get enjoyed this on its end.

For the end, tho, just look, they smile in the end. Is that enough? Its trashed. I done this. Enough for 1 season, and i know why til this year no continuations toward this show. Enough with that bullshit. Because of that, sad to say i need to bottom up my mind, and decide to get this show a solid 4. Like i said, half season still best, and it good to give that 5 points. But, my hate in the end give this more minus point. So, at the end, 4/10 must be my final result. Thats it, and time for me to go on. Thank you for the fun while its last.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 20, 2020 10:23 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
iamYuyaSakaki said:

On a side note I really do wish the Tor fire burning scene in the opening had happened. Looked like he cracked to evil and releases some hidden power. I mean Julie end up having that role instead, woulda preferred Tor. At least Tor did get a bit OP later with the injection, but sadly he still remains much a defender even if it was more power

This.

I mean, sometimes OP and ED scenes sometime can be referring as a foreshadow for the whole series. I dont had show with no clue in the OP or ED. So in this, the part with burning Tooru will be good if that happen for atleast in the end. For showing how cool our MC was. But no, Julie do that with lame excuse. And with what the battles end, really make me crazy. What a joke.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Absolute Duo Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2015

120 by Zwavel »»
Mar 18, 1:44 PM

Poll: » Absolute Duo Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2015

114 by Bidoof_PMD-EOS »»
Mar 2, 5:22 PM

Poll: » Absolute Duo Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2015

156 by Matheus_henriwue »»
Nov 13, 2023 12:53 PM

Poll: » Absolute Duo Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2015

154 by Gutzdeep42 »»
Oct 8, 2023 11:45 PM

Poll: » Absolute Duo Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2015

89 by collins_nwuda »»
Oct 2, 2023 2:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.